[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alolan rattata definitely got the shit end of the stick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: oh god why.jpg (7KB, 250x131px) Image search: [Google]
oh god why.jpg
7KB, 250x131px
>alolan rattata is dark/normal
>4x weak to fighting
>as if rattata wasn't bad enough
i actually always kinda liked rattata
>>
>>28196682
Raticate learns Swords Dance via level up and it wouldn't surprise me if they gave it Hone Claws as well. Hustle Crunch, Return, Zen Headbutt and I guess Flame Wheel are good enough.
>>
>>28196744
they took away guts

oh well it might evolve into a dark/poison type which kinda fixes
>>
Don't use it against fucking fighting types. Problem solved.
>>
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>28196682
>Stab Sucker punch,Crunch
>loses Guts
I am conflicted..
>>
>>28196682
>what is Bisharp and stab sucker punch

>>28196744
This.
>>
>>28196744
Yeah, its not going to topping any tournaments but I think it'll probably be better than standard rattata.

It and Raticate are fragile enough that they folded under any fighting attack anyway, so the 4x weakness doesn't really hurt as badly as it sounds.
>>
>>28196682
4x weaknesses are not that bad. fug is 4x weak to ice!! omg hes shit!
>>
>>28196682
>not making it solid Dark-type
>not making it a translucent, cave-dwelling naked mole-rat
Why are Gamefreak's concept designers so fucking retarded?
>>
>>28196682
>x4 weak to fighting
But is immune to psychic and ghost, and resists dark now.
>>
>>28196837
who knows, depending on the VGC meta, it might see some usage with stab sucker punch to hit Alolan Raichu hard etc.
>>
>>28196879
It was already immune to Ghost and learned Dark moves anyway, there's no point
>>
>>28196682
>le 4x weakness ruins a Pokemon meme

Just switch out you cunt, or better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>28196682
>uhuhuhhhuhuhuhu 4x weakness

Who gives a Fuck? And now it has 2 inmunites, just enjoy the game
>>
>Designs should be based on the competitive scene
Get the fuck out of my fictional world and it's lore with your maths, nerd
>>
>bitching about a x4 weakness on tissue paper

it's going to die from one hit to literally anything, at least now sucker punch has STAB.
>>
>>28196921
You're pretty stupid
>>
>>28196682
You know who doesn't have a 4x weakness? Magikarp, use only magikarp cunt
>>
>>28196962
see
>>28196962
>>
>>28196865
They went different aproach - its a rat thief.
>>
>>28196783
Could be a possibility. Dark/Poison is pretty good. If these alolan forms get sucker punch and/or knock off, in top of having super fang which is a great wall killer, they could be decent.

Anyways, dark/normal might be super weak to fighting and all, but, can we just talk for one second about how rattata is literally immune to the lunar messenger legendary of the region?
Lunala has to rely on focus blast and moonblast to even hit this thing, and if it does get sucker punch it is just a matter of having lunala out of shadow shield range and its basically an OHKO.
>>
>>28196808
Fighting is one of the most common offensive move types, and plenty of non-Fighting type Pokémon get access to Fighting type moves
>>
Them rats are gonna be so annoying in the wild just like the rattata were in Gen 1
>>
>>28196850
There's a pretty significant difference between a legendary dragon and a fucking route 1 rat
>>
>>28196682
> Immune to Ghost and Psychic
> Possible Sucker Punch/Knock off Stab
Not bad at all
>>
>>28196682
not every poke is competitive.
A stabbed bite is great on PVE, and fighting moves are rare
>>
>>28196783
>>28196989

Just like Litleo went from Fire/Normal to Fire/Poison when it evolved amirite :^)
>>
>>28196998
common != used though
>>
>>28197086
I see what you're getting at, but why would a lion become poison type? a manticore I would understand, but a literal lion?

Dark/poison is a possibility making the stretch of considering that rats were related to the bubonic plague.

That I think it's a possibiliy doesn't mean I believe alolan raticate will be dark/poison tho. I think it will be dark/normal.
>>
File: 1472596058994.jpg (31KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1472596058994.jpg
31KB, 436x436px
>route 1 mon got it shit
I'm honestly not even surprised, if it gets Hone Claws naturally to pair up with hustle it could be fun, but its fucking Rattata, I haven't got much hopes or expectations for it.
>>
>>28197086
Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata’s main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Rattata have an excellent aptitude for sniffing out delicious fresh foods in Alola. They pay no attention to foods that aren’t fresh. Alolan Raticate serve as their boss.

it could get food poisoning then become dark/poison
>>
>>28196998
Yeah, but Raticate is so fragile that those fighting moves will normally KO it whether its 2x or 4x.

The real issues with the Dark typing is that its now weak to Fairy and Bug, but by and large I think the benefits outweight the costs in this case.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nB5FTZkfXDs
>>
>>28196921
>What is stab?
>>
hustle is probably a "pre evo" placeholder ability
Raticate will probably have strong jaw or something
>>
>>28197316
>STAB Strong Jaw boosted Crunch

I guess it would be cool
Is Hyper Fang boosted by Strong Jaw?
>>
File: 250px-625Bisharp.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-625Bisharp.png
43KB, 250x250px
Gee, how can any pokemon expect to be competitively viable with such a crippling weakness.
>>
>Competitive viability ruining a pokemon
fuck off
>>
>>28196682
Hilariously it will be immune to both of Lunala's STABs.
>>
>>28197037
A rat that would die of a fighting move any ways be it x2 or x4
>>
STAB on Dark moves wasn't a good trade off for x4 weakness.

Fuck all people defending x4 weakness, there's literally no fucking reason why it should be a thing.
>>
>>28198304
if it dies to any fighting type move to begin with, whats so bad about x4 if its literally the same thing? Have you even played this game?
>>
>>28198304
Why the fuck do you care so much about it, retard? Rattata and Raticate die if you so much look in their general direction.
>>
>>28198357
Except that it still took a reasonably strong move from something with a decent attacking stat to flat out one shot something with a regular x2 weakness to it. Any fucking idiot with a super effective move can one shot something with a x4 weakness to it.
>>
Railticate is my brO I am so excited for this. I use a raticate in each playthrough if I can, maybe he'll a little more useful now.
>>
>>28198475
That's especially true if the x4 weakness is to a very common type.
>>
>>28196682
It was always a glass cannon, so the added weakness doesn't really matter since he dies to everything anyways

On the other hand the added Dark STAB might help him become a little more viable. Too bad about the loss of Guts, but Hustle seems like a decent alternative
>>
The x4 weakness doesn't really matter. The issue is the added weakness to Fairy. But I don't really care either way, Raticate was always shit. I'm just happy to get another unique typing.
>>
>>28198475
>Except that it still took a reasonably strong move from something with a decent attacking stat to flat out one shot something with a regular x2 weakness to it.
Not good ol' Rato.
He would die if you made a playdoh fist, stuck it in your nose and sneezed on it. At least now it has STAB on dark along with a possible speed and attack boost.
>>
>>28198475
yeah, no. 55/60/70 defenses were never going to survive a slap on the wrist from literally any pokemon. also, its not like anyone used the original raticate to begin with so why care so much?
>>
>>28196865
I like the black rat look it's a good one for Rattata. That being said I agree why not solid dark.
>>
You idiots continue to keep dodging the concern. Okay so Raticate is weak, great, but nobody has addressed why x4 weakness needs to be a thing in the first place.
>>
Raticate has base 55 hp and 60/70 defenses can you please tell me what fighting type attack was it going to live with those stats uninvested? Now it at least has a good offensive typing and it can U-turn out on anything but Mach punch/Vacuum wave
>>
Alolan Rattata is a ghost worst nightmare, being immune to stab and having dark stabs of it's own. If it's hidden ability ends up being Strong Jaw, Crunch would hurt like a bitch.
>>
>>28196682
On the other hand he's the best designed alola forme yet
>>
>>28198671
>why is type variety a thing?
>>
>>28198671
Why not? It's not like they can survive a hit anyway so you might as well boost the damage output and make it a glass cannon instead of making it defensive.
>>
>>28198671
The fuck cares about a x4 weakness? Garchomp, Salamence, Charizard, Talonflame, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Swampert. It's a fast quishy sweeper better offenses is what's important had that's what it gained
>>
>>28198671
You're basically asking "why have pokemon with two types???".
>>
I think it's new design is an improvement. I think it's new typing is an improvement. I will actually capture this form.

I think the idea behind the typing is either so it had its own unique typing or to aid the narrative and it will become completely dark once raticade.
>>
>>28198714
I mean I think a dark/normal is a good idea eventually I just don't see how it fits Rattata. Pyroar and Heliolisk and Bewear and Drampa kind of make sense with it but Rattata could have easily been a mono-dark type.>>28198714
>>
I hope alolan ratticate keeps guts. Having stab sucker punch and facade would be pretty nice off the boost.
>>
>>28198779
Yeah I like this one too.

I don't like a bunch of alola formes but this one is cool.
>>
Stop answering "why" with "why not". That isn't a valid response that satisfies the inquiry.

What reasoning from a competitive stand point does a X4 weakness benefit the game in terms of balance?
>>
>>28198832
It's a rat. The homeless of the animal kingdom.
They should have been retyped to dark years ago.
>>
>>28198671
are you retarded?
>>28198304
>>28198475
already discussed. it dies no matter what so the typing is purely there for offensive purposes
>>
>>28198671
see
>>28198697
>>
>>28198855
You tell me.
You seem to have all the answers. That said while we don't know what stats it has its looking a lot more viable as a wall to psychic and ghost pokemon. Especially with two STAB priority moves.
>>
>>28198855
see
>>28198899
>>
Thank you! The damn thing should have just been mono-dark. It doesn't benefit from being Normal/Dark. It just gets bodied by a fighting type sneeze from something that doesn't even lift.

>muh STAB Hyper Fang
>>
>>28198925
You act like there aren't mons with 4x weakness to shit.
>>
>>28198925
>It just gets bodied by a fighting type sneeze from something that doesn't even lift.
Like it did before?
>>
>>28198925
it hard walls ghosts
>but wisp

just hold a berry holy shit
>>
>>28198925
it's fucking rattata it gets bodied from fighting moves regardless, so be happy with Stab bite,crunch,sucker punch,pursuit
>>
Dark/Normal is a terrible combination
>4x weakness to Fighting
>only thing Normal brings to the table is immunity to a type Dark already resists
>Normal STAB isn't very useful
>>
>>28198709
>muh designs
>>
Okay since you faggots continue to keep going back to "Raticate was never good", defend why Tyranitar or Bisharp need a x4 weakness.
>>
>>28199037
Because they would be too good otherwise.
>>
File: 1471203796977.jpg (34KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471203796977.jpg
34KB, 450x420px
>>28199037
they have amazing STABs and abilities, the only thing keeping them in check is the 4x weakness.
>>
>>28196682
Why do people Care, you won't be using it competitively, but it could be a fun mon.
>>
>>28199113
>>28199119
Tyranitar would still be weak to water, Bisharp would still get wrecked by fire.

That or they would both get punch by fighting without needing to be x4 weak to it.
>>
>>28196682
>this shit rat has stolen the dark/nirmal combo from meowth line

FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW
>>
>>28199413
I hope you aren't saying that two fairly defensive pokemon are going to be taken out by a single fire or water attack like Raticate's line is for fighting.
>>
File: 1472163744774.png (78KB, 197x264px) Image search: [Google]
1472163744774.png
78KB, 197x264px
>>28198925
>not wanting some sweet STAB return for opposing dark types
>>
>>28199492
If the leaks are right, Alolan Persian gets Psychic/Dark
>>
>>28197118
That's exactly what common means though
>>
Fuck all that shit.

>As a countermeasure to the exploding Rattata population in the Alola region, Yungoos were imported and released. To better avoid Yungoos, Rattata changed their preferred environments and circadian rhythms. These adaptations to their new environment led to their changed form

In order to avoid their predator they when to an urban setting and got into organized crime. Raticate is going to be modeled off a mob boss. And Yungoos evolves into a detective.

>tfw you just want to sleep but a gang war between rattata and murkrow breaks out in the streets and the Gumshoos can't handle it.
>>
>Ledyba used Mach Punch!
>>
>>28196682
I actually have a Raticate for memeing on battlespot and Flame Orb / Guts is it's only usable set. Stab Sucker Punch sounds good but I don't think it's gonna be any better.
>>
>>28201766
>pokemon have weaknesses
Stop the presses
>>
>>28198925
>STAB return, STAB quick attack

Normal Raticate already dies to a hidden power fighting from a scizor
No really.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Technician Scizor Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raticate: 252-298 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The x4 Weakness to fighting literally does not matter. Raticate dies to every single fighting move in the game normally anyway.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.