[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sentimental Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Anyone else have Pokemon in their team or game that has major sentimental value?

Maybe something represents a pet, friend, or family member that passed away? Or a Pokemon that you've just been holding onto since the day you started playing the games as a kid?
>>
I got a Mightenya named after a family had for about 12 years. He died of a heart attack one day. He was 15.

Good dog though. He was a rescue.

I still miss him
>>
>>28185005
Spiritomb, for the amount of people I fucking killed.
>>
>>28185176
A dog my*

Oopsie poopsie
>>
>>28185005
I always try to include Venusaur in my party, it's been my favourite since Red version back in 1999.

It's never been especially useful competitively for me (its Mega would be god-tier if Bravest Bird wasn't a thing though), but I still keep trying.
>>
>>28185005
I had to put my cat down a few months ago because she was really starting go downhill, she was 16. I remember I originally wanted to name her after a pokemon and I'm pretty sure she was going to be called Clefairy. Luckily I changed it to Simba because she used to climb and lay all this rock we had in our backyard that looked similar to the rock in the lion king.

I just hatched a bunch of cleffa eggs yesterday and picked the best one and named her Simba. I think i'm going to do this for all my games now.

Ironically fairy type is my favourite type and I was doing a mono of it.

I miss her so much. She was like a guardian angel to me. She would cuddle me when I was having an anxiety or depressive episode and wake me up in the morning if I had slept in. Now my newest cat fills that role. I like to think Simba taught Jane (the new cat) all of her tricks a few months before she had to be put down, so she'd have someone to watch over me. ; u ;
>>
>>28185176
I'm sorry he died so suddenly.

I regularly name my dogmons after the dogs I grew up with. I also bred a competitive Dedenne to name after my pet hamster who passed away. She died on the day I graduated from undergrad.
>>
>>28185352
That sucks, I'm really sorry. She sounds like an excellent friend and guardian - the fairy typing seems like a perfect match for her.
>>
File: image.png (41KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
41KB, 194x200px
>>28185352
Stop making me feel

R.I.P. Simba
>>
I want to breed for a Jolly Male Buneary, hopefully with limber, to fill the void left when my dwarf hotot rabbit, Sol, died
Long live the sun king
>>
I always include a canine Pokemon on my team no matter what in memory of my dog, he died when he was 16 years old.
>16 year old dog, old as shit for a pup
>cancerous growths everywhere, nobody minded em
>one day one on his foot just pops open
>scent of flesh rotting all through the house
>parents want to keep him around until thanksgiving (it's early November)
>the smell is almost impossible to mask, we light a lot of candles and bandage up the wound
>dog's eyesight leaving, motor functions slowly slipping
>parents refuse to get him lethal injection
>have to snap own dog's neck to put him out of pain

I think a big part of me died with that dog
>>
File: image.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
471KB, 300x300px
>>28186110
Holy shit
>>
>>28185625
F
Hopefully you will get it soon
>>
>>28186110
Nice made up story champ
>>
File: 1458341630042.png (57KB, 148x155px) Image search: [Google]
1458341630042.png
57KB, 148x155px
>>28185005

For me, it's Natu; intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor
>>
File: 1465165376125.png (89KB, 616x537px) Image search: [Google]
1465165376125.png
89KB, 616x537px
for me, its popplio; intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor
>>
I have a shiny crobat that evolved from a zubat my mom caught when she used to play sapphire. She doesn't play pokemon anymore, but just the fact I have a pokemon she caught is awesome. Plus it's a good nature.
>>
>>28185005
I've played R/B and G/S, here's a story when I was just a slightly older lad.
Now, my love for Pokemon died out for me during the year 2002. I played Sapphire until I got to Peeko and then I quitted there. I'm not sure why, though I assume it's because of my tolerance for repetition when I grew up.
Fortunately enough, there was a game that peaked my interest, FireRed. I was stoked as fuck when the commercial was shown on TV, I still had my Red cartridge and I fondly remembered the experience I had with it, so for nostalgia's sake, I decided to buy it once it came out. I was a massive Charizard fag, when I was a brainless toddler, I would just sweep the entire game with a Level 100 Charizard because, hey, what do kids love the most? Dragons.
Onto the point, once I got FireRed on my hands, I plopped that shit in my console and rolled. Actual color was in Gen III instead of the abominations you get in Gen I and II, so I was fucking astounded at the graphics for the first three minutes of the game. 2 more minutes later, I get to choose my starter. Immediately, I head towards the table to get Charmander.
Unpredictable happens, the Charmander I got was yellow. I thought it was completely normal, until I saw the stars emerging from Charmander during the rival battle. Then, I thought about why the stars always popped up on Charmander for awhile. Probably up to Mt. Moon, I can't remember.
Then it hit me, remember the Gyarados at Rage Lake in Gold? It had an identical star animation. I had a different colored Charmander.
So throughout the game, Charmander eventually became a Charmeleon and then, it became Charizard. It had a black instead of the orange, I thought it was awesome as fuck, from there on out, Charizard has been through a long journey with me, and even motivated me to finish Sapphire with him due to the availability of trading.
>>
>>28186755
Today, he's in my HeartGold file, I've replaced him a long time ago with a better shiny Charizard in AS, but I'll always remember the legacy we had together during FireRed and Sapphire.
>>
File: 1471339109561.png (50KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1471339109561.png
50KB, 400x280px
>>28185005
You ready for a story about Weavile? Yeah, I knew you were.

LeafGreen was my first game but Pearl was the first one I actually got into, at 11. (Nine years ago...time really does fly.) I caught a Sneasel at lake Acuity. Named her Nightshade, because it's a rad af name.

After beating the E4 I went to the Battle Park and aquired a Razor Claw. While screwing around in the fight area one late summer evening, I got the message that Nightshade was evolving. I watched as they became a Weavile.

I initially thought the feather crown was ridiculous, but as time went by and I watched how much ass my new Weavile kicked, I grew really attached to the 'mon. I eventually put them in higher party priority than my starter (Torterra) which among my friends at the time was basically heresy.

Nightshade eventually became my first Pokemon to reach Level 100. I've transferred them into every new Pokemon game I get ever since.
>>
File: feelscard.png (19KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
feelscard.png
19KB, 256x168px
I have a whole team of feels I adventure with occasionally.

>Mew, for my mom
She was the perfect mother when I was a child. We were dirt poor after she had multiple battles with cancer, but she tried her best to provide for me and make me happy on her own. Mew was my favorite Pokemon when I was a kid, and as a b-day gift since she couldn't afford much she took me to an event at the mall where you could take your Red or Blue version and get a Mew. This was one of the last good memories I had of her before financial issues and other life stresses caused her to have a gigantic mental breakdown and become physically and emotionally abusive, until my last year of High School where we got in a fight and I left home, and found out a couple days later she died of a stroke on the couch.

>Wartortle, for my dad
He left before I was a year old and I never got to know him much until after my mom died. Squirtle and Wartortle just remind me of his personality. He died of cancer last August.

>Sawsbuck, for my grandfather
He loved deer and hunting, I went with summer because when I was tiny he would hitch a carrying trailer onto the back of the tractor for me to ride in while he mowed the lawn, and we'd sit on the back on his truck eating watermelon and having seed-spitting contests. The last time I saw him before I moved out of state, I brought a watermelon to eat on the back of his truck one last time.

(cont.)
>>
>>28186955

>Talonflame, for my grandmother
My grandparents' house was littered with stuff depicting either deer, cardinals, or both because she loved cardinals. I had a really close bond with her in my childhood but she had a stroke that screwed up her short term memory around the same time my mom snapped. She went from being an incredibly quick-witted, optimistic woman, to very sad and self-depreciating because of her condition. Shiny Talonflame's appearance is the closest to a cardinal out of all the bird-pokes.

>Ninetales, for my childhood friend
We were friends for 15 years. She was my closest friend in Middle School, and much like a sister. She's still alive, but after losing her dad to a heart attack last year, she snapped in ways I can't even describe. Latching onto people until they felt threatened, stalking a boy she just met, blowing up people's phones and alluding to suicide until they responded, claiming she's a wolf, all sorts of nuts. She's also developed some bad addictions, but has refused all help and refuses to see a professional. After a year, I determined my presence was enabling her rather than helping her, and decided to cut ties. Ninetales was her favorite.
>>
File: 6Au2AQL.png (314KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
6Au2AQL.png
314KB, 500x507px
Cubone, always had a soft spot for orphans.

My mom died when i was 4 and it messed me up, well my mental health anyway. I remember being told that for a while after she died i kept asking when she was coming home.
>>
File: 1472714367373.jpg (60KB, 620x626px) Image search: [Google]
1472714367373.jpg
60KB, 620x626px
For me, it's Lil Fella; intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humor.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.