[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they make strong Gym leaders anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: strongest gym leader.png (49KB, 512x634px) Image search: [Google]
strongest gym leader.png
49KB, 512x634px
Why don't they make strong Gym leaders anymore?
>>
>>28177369
too hard
>>
>>28177369
because kids are getting more and more retarded as the time passes
>>
>>28177369
I guess they figured grinding to over level to beat a gym was bad, but made sure that you had to grind like fuck to reach 100.
>>
>>28177375
>Tate & Liza
>Too Hard
Literally you can surf their team and win.
>>
>>28177369
Mobile industry
>>
I remember fighting Tate and Liza for the first time, my Blaziken managed to kill Xatu while my Gardevoir kept using Calm Mind until it maxed, Claydol killed Blaziken, withdrew Gardevoir, Claydol killed all my other pokemon and Gardevoir traced Levitate and killed Claydol and wiped the rest.
>>
>Just got a 3ds and all the 3ds pokemon games
>Steamroll through everything and never need to grind
Why did they make it so easy now
>>
>>28177470
but surf hurts your pokemon too in double battles anon
>>
>>28177561
>What is Protect?
>What is holding a berry?
>What is partnering with Grass types or other types that resist Water?
>>
>>28177561
>gen 3
>>
>>28177470
>Tate and Liza
>Sunny day, EQ, and a team way above level curve
They were meaty in emerald, don't lie. If you didn't open with surf, claydol beat your ass, then lunatone came in and set up to sweep

meanwhile RS it was quite literally one turn long
>>
>>28177369
Most non Swampert water Hoenn Pokemon, I'm not found of and just have a HM slaves. These 2 fucked me up
>>
>>28177540
That is the case with literally every single Pokemon game.
>>
>>28177561
Not in gen 3, faggot
>>
>>28177576
I checked just to be sure on this but
>Poliwag family, Lapras, Vaporeon, Quagsire family, and Mantine all have Water Absorb
>none of them are available in R/S; Wooper is in Emerald but only the Safari Zone
>>
>>28177633
I replayed Ruby around 6 months ago. They were pretty tough. I remember spamming Calm Mind with Gardevoir and sweeping with Psychic and/or Magical Leaf.
>>
>>28177561
Not in Gen 3 if I recall correctly.

>>28177470
>>28177576
>shit level up movepool
>shit base power grass type attacks
>oddish and roselia line are slow and weak to psychic
>tentacruel is weak to ground and psychic
>starter is a type roulette and you aren't suplosed to be aware of the gyms etc at your first try
>levels are moderately high for a gym
>hoenn has debatable stats distribuions like johto mons
>surf power is halved and claydol is specially defensive
>double target exists
>sunny day and full restores

The only correct answer are Sharpedo and Skarmory, Swellow and hard hitters like Slaking work too but Swellow is frail.
Slaking and Zangoose learn Shadow Ball so it helps, Banette and Dusclops work, Dusclops is better because has bulk at least, Banette is still a shitmon despite the powerful Shadow Ball. Then there are Faint Attack shit plants, either Shiftry or Cacturn, Ludicolo is also mediocre but bulky in SpDef. Finally Crawdaunt, slow and frail shitmon but this is it, I doubt someone would even know where to get Corphish on his first RSE run.

They were a legit challenging gym battle in Emerald.
>>
They do. The reason you think they were hard is because their pokemon are like 5-10 levels above any wild pokemon and any previous trainer in the game. It's such a sudden jump I can only classify it as artificial difficulty.

Actual modern battle facilities have held items, EV trained and good movesets. None of that sitrus berry shit
>>
>>28177770
Oh, and Starmie, Starmie is an okay answrer.
>>
>>28177369
For the same reason the Battle Frontier is not in ORAS.

Also holy moly they went from being the easiest gym to the hardest. I don't recall a 3rd version doing something similar to another leader.
>>
>>28177807
>For the same reason the Battle Frontier is not in ORAS.
And what is that?
>>
>>28177807
Candice is an okay change, she was interesting in both but is definitely the best Ice leader since she is the only one mainly focused on the offensive style, like the elite Lorelei and RSE Glacia (better tank strat and team than Pryce)
>>
>>28177845
An intentional nerf to sell Sun & Moon so people won't be attracted to ORAS too much :^)
>>
>>28177845
>According to an interview with Junichi Masuda, the Battle Frontier did not make a return in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in part due to the fact that, in the current age of smartphones and similar devices, people have a variety claims on their attention for entertainment.

I shit you not. That's the actual response they gave.
>>
>>28177770
>halved
... 75%
>>
They never did. These were always games for babies.
>>
File: d3168.jpg (68KB, 579x576px) Image search: [Google]
d3168.jpg
68KB, 579x576px
>>28177895
Casuals ruin fucking everything.
>>
>>28177903
no, halved
>>
>>28177940
Wrong
>>
>>28177957
that's just GameFreak's excuse for being incredibly lazy once again.
>>
>>28177369
Whether or not this fight was hard or easy doesn't excuse ORAS from taking the crappier option. And there was no fucking excuse for the lack of variety of Villian mons. Christ Aqua where an uninspired nightmare in mon variety

Remakes as remakes are grand thing but they shouldn't be slaves to the originals. Especially when Emerald existed with a better take.
>>
>>28177369
>>28177633
I used a Swampert, so I never noticed any difficulty.

Heck, the only difficult moment from RBE I remember is the second rival battle.
>>
>>28177369
By difficulty you mean, your starter pokemon goes below 50% of health during the battle? yeah.
Honestly there is zero difficulty in any pokemon game it's just level up your starter up until the pokemon league and take a CS slave and one or 2 strong poke + legendary
>>
>>28177995
Name one difficult gym leader that wasn't just hard because you were a dumb baby
>>
>>28178100
Drayden
>>
>>28178100
Miltank and friends in goldenrod
>>
>>28178161
Female Gastly in originals, Trade for Female Machop is originals and remakes.
>>
>>28178196
The entire concept of difficultly is having to do gay shit like this in order to win.

If it were just a matter of strength then you grind
>>
>>28178134
>dragon dance
>dragon dance
>dragon dance
>dragon "priority -6" tail
what was the point?
>>
>>28178196
They probably added that Machops just for Whitney. That should say something
>>
>>28178134
>dragon dance + dragon tail
Nice meme.
>>
>>28178161
If you weren't too retarded and didn't have taste too shit, you'd either grabbed Dig, had a Gastly, or an Onix, a Geodude or a Machop, or used Mud Slap to RNG the shit out of her. Morty's Gengar is a ton more dangerous than fucking Whitney. If your team is slow or not bulky, all you can do is pray for Hypnosis to miss.
Or just go to Olivine and do the lighthouse for glorious xp.
>>
>>28178078
*tips contrarian fedora*
>>
>>28178267
see
>>28178227
also
no battle is hard if you have the right strategy
>>
>>28177633
literally solo'd with a Mightyena, git gud
>>
>>28178267
Onix is a shitmon no one trains.

The entire reason people had a problem was that it was an unknown Pokemon with a notoriously annoying strategy that most people couldn't see coming. Plus it was relatively early.

Of course if you actually think about now you've go a way to win easy but how many gyms actually required this? Brock with Charmander?
>>
>>28177503
You do realize that withdrawing your Gardevoir reset all your stat boosts right? So you wasted all that PP and time for nothing.
>>
>>28178267
Morty is a chump in the remakes because Noctowl learns Confusion at a low level and can just sweep it
>>
>>28178327
>there are people that actually catch a shitmon dog that is worse than linoone just to defeat tate & liza while suffering from its shit design and slowness

fucking furfags
>>
>>28178267
>relying on 2 trades to beat a gym ok anon
>quad resistances
>>
>>28178459
>not wrecking shit with Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke and Graveler
>not trade evolving them around level 36 like your starter
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: 1470839988669.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470839988669.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>28178416
>>
>>28178375
I used Hidden Power Stantler for him in GSC, I guess I got lucky with my team selection, Stantler was a champ with Stomp Headbutt Hidden Power and Hypnosis, it also gets Bite I think and had access to Thunder Wave later.

The first Stantler I got had Hidden Power Ghost and I think it had at least base 60+ power on it. Total bro.
>>
>>28178327
if you still have a Mightyena when you get to Liz and Tate you are a retard. Absol is available then and so much better.
>>
>>28178486
>merely pretending.jif
>>
>>28178489
but Absol looks like shit and Mightyena is a bro
and they both have shit special but at least Mightyena gets Crunch
>>
>>28178486
>look i posted this epic image i have request on le vp drawthread again
>i will force it against every post i disagree with
>i'm a furfag and have lot of pride but don't call me out for what i am hurr
>mightyena is totally good guys! best special attacker ever and holy shit that speed and non stab low base power attacks wow!

Stop.
>>
>>28177633
Can confirm. I started out Gen 3 with Emerald and oh my, they really were difficult. I actually appreciated how different they were from RS and giving a good challenge. ORAS however was just insulting, where did there other two pokemon went ?
>>
>>28178486
actually, if he's talking about gen III, he's right
Mighyena was horrible in those games
worse than linoone
>dark was special in gen III
>60 base sp atk
sorry, yena
>>
>>28178161
>Miltank
No. You were a dumb baby. I played through the game two weeks ago and I had no problems. Didn't even use anything with type advantage, I was the same level as her. I had no faints, and only one Pokemon was low on health.

There are no hard gyms in the entire game, there is only being dumb. The only problem I've ever had was in the Elite 4 in Y, the water guy, with his Clawitzer. My Electric type of choice was Magnezone, his shit was faster and had Aura Sphere, and I had no other Electric coverage on my team, and half my crew was 25 levels under. Wasn't intentional, usually don't think about that in the main game because fuck these games are easy, but I'd hit a wall because of my Pokemon choices. So you know what I did? I went out, caught a low ass level PIkachu, trained it up, evolved it, and Thunderbolted my way through all his Pokemon with zero problems, because the game is easy.
>>
>>28179078
>same level

Wow what a bitch.
>>
>>28179078
Thanks for the opinion.
>>
>>28179078
I replayed it through HGSS a few weeks ago. Miltank is unused, so I had no clue it got scrappy (fucking over my ghastly strat). Gen 2 had some pretty fucking hard gyms. Don't try to look like a hard ass on a Korean milk blog.
>>
>>28179078
>first experience and first pokemon game for some
>somehow comparable with a replay after years of experience

Epic. EPIC.

I also replayed and finished a Nuzlocke in Crystal with Graveler / Stantler / Mantine / Slowbro / Feraligatr and forgot what other mon, easily steamrolling leaders and league and Red with an underlevelled team thay was like 30~ levels below.

What's your point?
>>
I don't know about Gym Leaders but Ghetsis' Hydreigon was pretty hard for me to beat in BW. Though that may have been due to me being caught off guard by its moveset.
>>
>>28177388
Kids were always retarded. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>28179308
A lot of people got there ass handed by his Hydreigon. Ghetsis just had a solid team overall.
>>
>>28179279
Let's be honest, Gen 4 has introduced and fixed the issue with poor and weak movepools and added the special/physical split on the attacks, also many more attacks and TMs in general.

It kinda makes it easier compared to GSC where Headbutt, Elemental Punch and few limited other moves were pretty much the only options with HM Surf later.

Bugsy was a solid fix tho, he used the shitmons as switch outs for U-Turn lead Scyther. Could have used Beedrill and Butterfree with those not being any relevant threat tho.
>>
>>28178254
They add those 'mons for every. single. gym leader.

Yellow has a Mankey for Brock, they give you Pikachu and Paras for Misty, Diglett Cave is in Vermillion for Surge, Lavender precedes saffron (if the game worked as intended, at least)
Abra helps with morty's team and should be a Kadabra by then, Marill is in Dark Cave before Pryce, where Rock types cant deal with Swinub line. There was also Tyrogue in the cave, not to mention Magmar.
Clair is on a route with Skarmory (except in Gold) and you literally have to go to the Dragon Den to fight her.

I dont think there's any particular psychic or flying types for Chuck but at least Tentacruel resists Fighting. Oh, and it doubles as SE against Steelix and can more than tank a Magnemite's weak attacks.

Skipping ahead, they give you a Riolu in B2W2, when the first two gyms are Normal (weak to fighting) and Poison (evolves into a Steel type)
>>
>>28177540
Use shitmons
>>
>>28179534
>purposely gimping yourself because the game is too easy
>>
>>28179338
Yeah, but now kids have a ton of different platforms to play on instead of their handheld.
>>
Pokemon games have always been easy, and they will continue being easy because their main audience is children.
>>
>>28177388
IQ increasing with every generation lel

People in the past were actually retarded in modern terms based on their functioning capacity
>>
>>28179593
there were way more consoles in the past

now it's just pc, xbone, 3dshit, wii buy, PS4 and that other sony thing.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.