[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ORAS competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 1467639695833.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1467639695833.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
I need your opinion on the following issue:

My team has 2 arceus:
Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

and

Suecra (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Roar
- Swords Dance

the first one serves as a lead, while the second is more of a revenge-killer.

The problem is, I can't keep both lum berries in online battles, and I'm torn between which of the two should have a lum berry and wich one should keep another instrument.

Rest of the team is Lugia/Kyogre/Arceusfairy btw
>>
Using arceus
Why not smeargle
>>
>>28170890
cause it's bulkier and in AG meta every smeargle leads and get's taken out by one extremespeed
>>
>playing anything that allows you to use 2 Arceus
>competitive
I don't think so
>>
>>28170918
it's the Anything goes meta
>>
>>28170890
23456789876543 base stats vs 1. which would you choose?
>>
>>28170966
Best movepool vs shit movepool
Which would you choose
>>
>>28170974
Literally god himself vs a shitty french person with a tail as a brush
I bet you also dont shower much
>>
Just use six Arceus, thats what everyone at the top of the AG ladder does anyway.
>>
>>28170974
but arceus can serve as a sweeper too in this case, while smeargle only serves as a lead to baton pass stats, which can be easily countered by one of my arceu's roar or by lugia's whirlwind. Smeargle is also very easy to KO without obtaining any evasion boosts from Moody, making it reliant on beneficial boosts to be successful.
>>
>>28171002
not really, there are many many counters to a full arceus team
>>
>>28171012
All this will still lose to durant+ dugtrio
>>
>>28171030
with a choice kyogre and a support areus, sure. Kek
>>
>>28171056
With a durant dugtrio and 4 pichus
They literallu beat anything that isnt flying
>>
>>28171062
never seen a team like that, how does it work? btw, lugia is flying type
>>
>>28171020
It was a joke anon, about how Arceus is hella overused in the top ladder. But the teir is called "Anything Goes" so I really shouldn't be complaining.
>>
>>28171076
Durant with choice scarf and traunt.
He uses entrainment on the first turn
Then you switch to dugtrio with arena trap protect hone claws and stone edge
You basically lock him in place and protect when the enemy is off traunt
No many counters at this point
You set up with a dugtrio which is a fairly fast pokemon and basically just sweep them i have 95% win rate with it vs all tiers of play
Even if the set up fails 4 pokemon is a solid backup team
>>
>16 replies
>not one single advice on OP's question
>only people arguing on what will beat what
>Hurr-durr but it gets countered
>hurrdurr why arceus

Welcome to /vp/
>>
>>28171125
sounds like a weak strategy for the AG metagame
>>
>>28171137
Maybe
But nobody knows bout it so i never really get countered
>>
>>28171149
well anyone in AG carries subtoxic sets with toxic spikes/extremespeed and stealth rock leads, so maybe durant dugtrio would work in other metas, not sure in the ag one
>>
>>28171165
Just try it out man
You wont regret
But yeah... Perhaps you can take OU or something with them
>>
>>28171243
I'll try, I already made a troll set with hippopotas, aaron and probopass all level 1/2, I'll try this one too
>>
>>28170793
Anyway, should I put a silk scarf on the lead arceus or on the revenge one?
>>
>>28171276
The revenge one you moron. The lead one should be able to absorb status
>>
>>28171363
but shouldn't the revenge one be able to counter a sleep darkrai or swagplay klefki? or even to counter a toxic spike user? I could put a chesto berry on the lead, seen that sleep seems to be the most common lead status.
>>
>>28171410
Revenge Arceus has priority moves and between that and a damaged darkrai I'm pretty sure Arceus would kill it with silk scarf, but you really seem to hate status so put chesto on the lead, lum on revenge.
>>
>>28171455
I hate sleep and toxic, that's it.
>>
>>28170793
Such a noob
>>
>>28170793
there is one arceus-normal set, at least in oobers.

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- (coverage)

it's used primarily as a revengekiller. normalceus isn't really a good lead, unless you're immediately setting it up. I would replace the first arceus set with a support/rocks Primal Groudon set.

Lum berry is also pretty build-specific, you really only want to have it if you don't have a check for darkrai or ghostceus. also, you put 4 EVs into HP, which makes your HP stat an even number. don't do that. you'll take extra stealth rock damage. I can't really say much about the rest of your team though, they're all (somewhat) viable, but they don't really work too well together.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. I don't know too much about AG, but I have a decent understanding of the ubers meta, which is very similar.
>>
>>28172841
even numbers take more stealth rock damage..?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.