[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Gamefreak even know that Smogon exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 11

File: 53c.png (962KB, 1250x553px) Image search: [Google]
53c.png
962KB, 1250x553px
Does Gamefreak even know that Smogon exists?
>>
They don't give a shit about it.
>>
>>28168252
Maybe. Why?
>>
>>28168252
>Rook at sirry boys!
>They pray game rong!
>>
Who knows, but it doesn't matter. Gamefreak only really care about Doubles battles.
>>
>>28168286
Is this literally How Smogon thinks?
>>
>>28168252
Yes.
Back when Nintendo had an actual forum, people tried to report one of the Pokemon simulators. Nintendo told them they were fully aware of them.
If they know about the simulators, they know about smogon.
>>
I expect this thread to attract a lot of scrubs.
>>
>>28168342
Spotted one
>>
I think the enthusiasm of smogon has inspired a lot of the meta abilities pokemon have been getting for gen 7. Ie- Priority blocker
>>
>>28168252
Who do you think GF copied the stat boost/drop visibility from?
>>
>>28168371

I highly doubt that. Again, they don't give a shit about Singles and most likely don't pay any attention to it. Also, blocking priority is probably more useful in VGC to stop Kang's Fake out, Prankster spam (you don't see many Liepards or Whimsicott's in OU), Talonflame, etc.
>>
>>28168252
Fuck off Verlis
>>
>>28168406
When did they add that?
>>
>>28168276
>>28168284
I ask because I'm wondering if they take Smogon tiers and the like into consideration when designing new Pokemon.

>O rook gamedesignersan! za amerikan maku metagehmu
>U isu rito, wea shourd meku new poketomonsutas to blake za meta
>arigato gamedesignersan here is promoshon
>arigato
>>
Considering how big it is and that they have an American on the dev team, I'm sure at least one person knows of it.
>>
>>28168432
It was in the live gameplay for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>28168442
How big do you think it is?
>>
The fact that Pokemon is played competitively means that they at least give some shit about it. It's not like Smash Bros, where they kind of sort of pay attention to the competitive fanbase and make a few changes every once in a while. The fact that they bothered including things like natures and IVs means that they meant for Pokemon to be deeper than it seems.
>>
>>28168526
Not only that, but every generation they try to make those things more easily accessible and alterable.
>>
>>28168342
And brainwashed sheep who follow and force Smogon's rules on people.
>>28168442
Smogon a tiny cult with a vocal group of sheep who try and force people to play by their rules, GF don't give a shit about them.
>>
>>28168542
That's for VGC though
>>
>>28168553
If that were true, they wouldn't advertise it as a selling point.
>>
>>28168440
if Game Freak is going to take anything from Smogon, they should take the info Smogon gathered through Showdown's VGC Format

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-07/vgc2016-1760.txt

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-07/moveset/vgc2016-1760.txt
>>
>>28168553
Either way, they care enough to add depth to the game as opposed to taking things away. Are they aiming for Smogon specifically? Probably not. But they do know about the hardcore fanbase and help them in various ways.
>>
>>28168442
I hadn't heard of it until recently. Don't see why people who are even farther away would have to.
>>
>>28168406
>>28168432
>>28168446
that would be very useful like the stat hexagon in gen 6, I find shity to count my boosts, count turn for taunt, magic room, weather should be implemented too
>>
>>28168582
Why? They have their own, more popular ladder.
>>
Pokemon literally do not care about Smogon's tiers lmao. If they did they wouldn't have made Pokemon like Mega Gengar and Mega Lucario who are way too powerful for Singles (but tolerable in Doubles play). Also, how many 6v6 Singles tournaments do you see from Pokemon?
>>
>>28168440
>I ask because I'm wondering if they take Smogon tiers and the like into consideration when designing new Pokemon.
No, no they do not! Hell they don't even take the standard online competitive into consideration that's included with the game.
>>
Mega Rayquaza was so broken Smogon made a new tier. Because it wasn't meant to be used in Singles. But in VGC, while Mega Ray is very good but nowhere near as broken.
>>
Nintendo/Game Freak are aware of Pokemon Showdown and other simulators. It's impossible for them not to know. Nintendo allows Showdown to exist because its just a free battle simulator not a rom of the whole game.
>>
>>28168252
Do the Japanese even know Smogon exists?
>>
>>28168828
Is there a Japanese equivalent? Is there a Japanese set of competitive rules?
>>
>>28168859
japs just play VGC I'm pretty sure.
There's some informal simple rules for singles that float around but I'm not sure how popular they actually are.
>>
>>28168252
Crabrawler's trailer featured it defeating several Pokemon deemed OU
>>
>>28168550
You sound pretty butthurt there.
>>
>>28168331
>people tried to report the simulators

Why
>>
>>28168859
>>28168879

The Japanese and Koreans stick to the official Metagames, 3 vs 3 singles and 4 vs 4 doubles. They don't do 6 vs 6. Whenever I challenge a nip or gook passerby on the PSS to a singles battle they always only choose 3 Pokemon.
>>
>>28168879
>>28168940
That's the most boring thing I've ever heard.

I guess that explains why there's never a full 6v6 in the anime.
>>
>>28168965
>vgc is boring
nice meme
>>
>>28168982
A team of 3 leaves you so little flexibility, there's no room to do anything creative. You have to use the best team possible, which leaves us in the predicament with genies and Mega Kangaskhan everywhere.
>>
File: 34nQ6cw.png (188KB, 941x434px) Image search: [Google]
34nQ6cw.png
188KB, 941x434px
>>28168965
>>
>>28168550
There's literally something that's never wrong and is that everyone who's assmad about Smogon like you is a sub 1500 rating shitter who started gloryifing gamefreak's "meta" where you play against retarded babies with ingame pokemon.
>>
>>28168965
The anime only does 6 vs 6 battles for the semi-finals in league matches. They've done that since the Original Series. Battles in the anime have mostly been 2vs2 or 3vs3
>>
>>28168982
>same team the meta with protect/fake out spam is "fun"

found the shitter
>>
>>28169003
I prefer Smogon singles, but Smogon OU suffers from the same staleness as VGC/Battle Spot. Instead of Mega Kangaskhan, Greninja, and Aegislash being everywhere its Keldeo, Heatran, and Talonflame
>>
>>28168252
Pokemon is a giant franchise, and one of the best sellers of one of the largest videogame companies.

Of course they're aware of Smogon. They're aware of every pokemon fan community. It takes no effort to pay a couple of interns minimum wage to lurk Smogon/Serebii/vp/reddit all day, and the benefits that come from keeping tabs on fan communities are massive.
>>
The young 20 something year olds at NoA and stuff probably know about it, if not, the 20 something year olds that work at the International/American Pokemon company.
>>
I like both VGC and Singles. Don't get why it seems like people have to choose a side and shit on the other.
Both metas can be fun, and neither one is perfect.
>>
>>28169089
Uh what, that's literally wrong and you're confirmed for not having played the game at high ladder level, just go watch replays for the 10 top ladder players and everyone will have a different team, literally not comparable to dogshit VGC with every team being copypasted.
>>
>>28169069

Yeah, because OU is so creative. It's not like Landorus, Latios and Clefable is on every team. It's not like there's Thunder Wave spam. Or even better Stealth Rocks spam, only to Defog them away two turns later.
>>
>>28169155
It's the smogonite's fault.
They freak out every time VGC gets mentioned.
>>
>>28168252
Just like people who wanted to a play a not for kids pokemon meta joined Smogon, Nintendo probably knows about it.
>>
>>28169180
Lmao stop, it's obvious you never went past 11000 rating from how you write, most top ladder teams have fucking UU mons in them.

Just kill yourself you retarded shitter.
>>
>>28168420
What kind of uneducated shit is this? They've done a lot of shit for singles. Namely Defog buff. Entry hazards are nonexistent in doubles yet they gave another option for removing entry hazards. They clearly care about singles.
>>
>>28168420
Have you seen the Crabrawl trailer they showed druing VGC? They're clearly aware of OU
>>
>>28169208
t. 1300 shitter
>>
>>28169188
The Smogon and VGC crowds get along just fine. Its just /vp/ers like yourself that act salty when Smogon is brought up.
>>
>>28169215
Nice argument that just confirmed that all smogon "haters" are 1000 rating shitters.

Screencapped for future reference.
>>
>>28169215
>t. UU 1000 karenfag

kek
>>
>>28169188
Lmao, I'm not even a smogon player and it's the exact opposite. It's always some butt hurt vgc drone getting angry at a smogon thread existing. The worlds threads were extremely civil and no smogon players coming in to piss on people's patches. Smogon players make a thread and every battle spot memer has to give his two cents
>>
>>28169175
VGC is dogshit this year because they allowed box cover Legendaries. VGC 2014 and 2015 where comparable to OU in terms of Pokemon variety.
>>
I watched VGC for the first time this year and it was literally the most boring shit ever.

>What will he do?
>Origin Pulse, Origin Pulse, Origin Pulse

How can anyone even call that retarded shitfest a "meta" is beyond baffling.
>>
>>28169275
See >>28169274
also the fact that you saw nearly that many origin pulses was because of a meta shakeup
>>
>>28169208

Empo #1 on the ladder - Clef, Latios, Keldeo, Scizor, TTar. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-427836704
DJ Trump #4 on the ladder - Generic stall team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424534628
LT3Z Zamrockin # 5 on the ladder - Clefable, Talonflame, Mega Sab, Toranadus, etc
LT3D Liones #6 on the ladder - Latios, Thundurus, etc etc
Lifeisaroll #10 on the ladder - Garchomp, Clefable, Thundurus, etc etc.

Maybe a couple teams use some lower tiered mons here and there, but for the most part it's the same top threats. But it's like that in EVERY meta. VGC players use top VGC threats, OU players use top OU threats, RU players use top RU threats and so on.
>>
>>28168252
oh look its a versilifag
>>
>>28169303
Uh, that's literally way more variety than VGC ever had, are you countering your own arguments?

Do you understand that just one different pokemon completely changes the team's playstyle in OU?
>>
>>28169303
Basically this.
That said, in both formats you'll see top players going really hard into antimeta which is when you'll see weird shit like the infamous Arbok in OU or pachirisu in vgc
>>
>>28169303
The only problem is Clefable, every other pokemon is changeable.
>>
Basically Verlisify started this whole Smogon vs VGC garbage a couple of years ago. Then people started choosing sides. Both sides are retarded, really. If you prefer VGC, cool. If you prefer Smogon Singles, cool. Don't get the people in arguing like a bunch of retards. Funny too because popular Singles players play or want to get into VGC as well like Pokeaim. And popular VGC players don't have any problem with Smogon, Cybertron Zheng has even played a bit of Singles on Showdown. Baz Anderson watches Pokeaim videos, etc. It's only the autist scrubs who get butthurt over different metas.
>>
>>28169327
Even when there was lando on every fucking team there was that much variety in VGC.
http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/890-results-teams-from-the-2015-united-states-national-championships/
>>
>>28169347
>Cybertron Zheng has even played a bit of Singles on Showdown

I would love for more VGC "players" to do this just to laugh at VGC "pros" getting btfo by mid ladder players kek
>>
>>28169188
>They freak out every time VGC gets mentioned.

No, it's the other way around. VGC players sperg out whenever smogon is mentioned. VGC is A PART of the Smogon forums and they make sets dedicated to VGC. What you said makes no sense.
>>
>>28169359
I remember some mid ladder VGC shitters invading the smogon doubles' mega salamence suspect test and kicking ass.
>>
>>28169359

And top Singles players would lose in VGC games. Don't get your point. Two different meta games and styles.
>>
>I PLAY SINGLES! FUCK VGC! KANGS EVERYWHERE!
>I PLAY VGC! FUCK SMOGON! CLEFABLES EVERYWHERE!

Shut the fuck up, retards.
>>
>>28169402
Ignore competitive shitters. Hide this thread and never come back.
>>
>ONLY SMOGON HAZ VARIETEE

lol

https://youtu.be/hWr_47ixwhc
>>
>>28169431
Kek, nice bait honestly.
>>
>>28168440
Of course they do, it's why every new gen some underrated mon gets a new thing and goes all the way into overused territory, like Scizor after Platinum and Cloyster after B/W.
Oh wait
>>
>>28169431
Why's everyone's DS always fucking filthy!?
>>
>>28169486
This always irks me as well. It only takes like 10 seconds to wipe the damn thing off!
>>
>>28169486
Post pics of your clean DS/video game system
>>
>>28169303
It's almost like people want to use the best options they have to win!
>>
>>28169511
brb, placing it in a bathtub with bleach and ammonia.
>>
>>28168440
it's so obvious they do, they even contacted the guy from smogon for Sun/Moon
>>
File: 17x5r4bye3c8mjpg.jpg (156KB, 636x848px) Image search: [Google]
17x5r4bye3c8mjpg.jpg
156KB, 636x848px
>>28169511
>>
>>28169551
Nice, which pokemon did he design for the game?
>>
>>28169582
he's joking, stupid
>>
>>28168440
They always address higher level concerns and complaints - it's why Bottlecaps became a thing. They're also well aware that anyone can make their meta and balance the game as they wish to, so I doubt it takes up a point of massive concern. Me and my friends just play with silly Pokemon and sets, and I'm sure that's what most people end up doing.
>>
>>28169590
No, stupid. Smogonman designed pokemon for Sun and Moon because Smogon is that important. Jeez, why would you think he was joking about based Smogon?
>>
>>28169582

Autism.
>>
>>28169618
But they don't considering they design the game to allow kids to play "competitive" so obviously they don't care about Smogon.
>>
>>28169674
Are you doubting the true all encompassing power of Smogon? Gen 6 will have double team retconned out of the game! That's how amazingly good and great and perfect Smogon is. Have you forgotten to play your minimum of twenty matches today?
>>
>>28169601

Most Smogon players just play on Showdown, doubt the bottlecaps/IV training had anything to do with them lol.
>>
>>28169708
But Smogon doesn't care about the "official" "competitive" scene at all, they can keep their doubles for underage kids for all they care, they have another meta to balance.
>>
>>28169717
"Higher level concerns" doesnt stop at smogon. Top VGC players provably have the same concerns as people who play showdown. In fact a vgc player is probably even more annoyed by soft resetting for IVs and breeding because overall they're less likely to inject or just hop on a simulator
>>
>>28169744
You're terrible for doubting the absolute perfection and bliss that is Smogon and their amazing influence in Gamefreak HQ.
>>
>>28169347
It was Smogonfags that started it when they gave him shit for using moves that are banned by their cult.
>>
>>28169026
This defense is used in literally thread that mentions Smogon in any negative way. I can make wide sweeping generalizations too, but I'm not retarded, so I don't.
>>
>>28169790
Verlisify is shit. He's a shit player with shit strats. He makes shit videos. He started shit with Smogon and after that died down he then started shit with VGC players. You're shit for defending that piece of shit furry.
>>
>>28169813
But it's true, you retarded shitter. You didn't prove otherwise because he's right and you should kill yourself.
>>
>>28169786
Uh, are you retarded or can't you read, I'm not doubting based Smogon to do the right thing which is, ignoring the "meta" for underage shitters that is doubles and just focus on Showdown, you silly baby.
>>
>>28168440
>amerikan
???
>>
>>28169830
SMOGON IS PERFECT
>>
>>28169850
I'm glad we can agree on this honestly.
>>
>>28169213
Get a load of this delusional smogontard, the Pokemon in the Crabrawler trailer were specifically common Pokemon in their own official formats
>>
>>28169916
Which of the kids format are you talking about? There are quite a bit of formats for underage retards honestly.
>>
>>28169943
What?
>>
>>28169956
Uh? You talked about "official" formats, which of the kiddy shit formats in the "official" "competitive" scene does each pokemon belong to?
>>
>>28169977
>kiddy formats
>the formats that actually require a brain to play and adapt and can't ban everything that triggers them
>the formats that are highly competitive because of the Japanese playerbase
keep baiting lad
>>
>>28169821
Again, generalizations. If you'd stop being asshurt for a moment, you'd notice that I didn't say anything bad about your precious Smogon. I just said that making wide sweeping generalizations about a one group was retarded. Now stop being retarded, learn that reading comprehension isn't just something your teacher lectures you about in class, and get to bed. I'm almost positive school has started back up.
>>
>>28169916
>Mega Kangaskhan
>Ferrothorn
>Talonflame
>Smeargle
>Cresselia
>Landorus

Totally not a VGC team!
>>
>>28170030
There's no generalization at work here. You're a retarded shitter and can't prove otherwise, that's a fact, mong.
>>
>>28170025
>le competitive meta where prediction isn't even a thing
>you literally spam one move the whole game
>competitive

top kek, not everyone is as retarded as you and in need to play a "meta" for underage retards to not get btfo

>a nip spamming protect make it more competitive than a western player spamming protect

literally can't make this shit up

kys
>>
>>28170025
Nice bait.
>>
Ignorance everywhere.
>>
They know everything, just think at the mondial, peoples taking smogon movesets, also Pshowdown years ago had to shut down the smartphone app from the store
>>
>>28170025
stop responding, you can't change idiots
>>
>>28170046
>Accusations with no substantial evidence.
You cannot prove that your """"fact"""" is what you claim. I do not care about your god damn meta, you do you. I just told , presumably you seeing as you're so fucking triggered over this, that you shouldn't generalize an entire group.

Of course you'll ignore this and just say "your's a shitter and still can't prove otherwise." claiming it as an undeniable fact. Pic related.
My response your next response is: I don't give a fuck. You are no longer worth effort.
>>
>>28170069
stop responding, you can't change idiots
>>
>>28170163
Will you ever stop whining, you retarded shitter? Just deal with the fact that you're garbage and stop crying already.

>pic related

Lmao, kill yourself.
>>
File: Your next line is.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Your next line is.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>28170163
forgot pic
>>
>>28170163
>pic related
>so assmad about being rightly called out as a shitter that he forgot to add an image he refencered in his own reply

You really are a retarded shitter.
>>
>>28168678
Part of why M-Fug is so broken in Smogon play is because they lack item clause. That also allows bullshit like teams with six Leftovers or Focus Sashes, while GF has always forced people to be resourceful with items outside of informal matches.

Lack of item clause is one of the biggest detriments of Smogon tiers. Instead they add bullshit clauses or keep stuff like item clause that has had no legitimation since gen III or IV at the latest.
>>
>>28170045
It was regular Kangaskhan though. Which we all know is a staple in OU
>>
>>28170045
Yeah? The post I replied to implied it had something to do with OU, which it clearly doesn't
>>
File: kekking.jpg (31KB, 270x341px) Image search: [Google]
kekking.jpg
31KB, 270x341px
>>28170164
>>28170183
samefag.
also, irony. garbage calling someone else garbage. kek.
>>
>>28170069
>Protect in doubles
>bad thing
How to spot a clueless retard
>>
>>28170204
>Part of why M-Fug is so broken in Smogon play is because they lack item clause.
>or keep stuff like item clause that has had no legitimation

wat
>>
>>28170204
Well you know the reason behind the no item clause is to protect the precious stall meta that the love so much.
>>
>>28170237
>>28170249
>underage retards who play VGCshit can't deal with being called out

it's normal that your shit for brains can't deal with this since you have the only mental capacity needed to press one lone button and nothing else kek
>>
File: retard.jpg (34KB, 413x179px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
34KB, 413x179px
>>28170237
>>28170249
>Still no showdown rating from shitters belonging to elo hell and hating smogon because they're garbage

Wonder why, uh.
>>
>>28170204
So if you gave the fug a LO and everyone else a different item, it should be allowed in normal play because that would be perfectly balanced? Good to know.
>>28170257
As far as I know, LEFTOVERS ON EVERYTHING IT'S THE BEST ITEM EVER was only a thing on Gen III. From Gen IV on, enough good items have been added that you don't need to go back to the lefties staple.
>>
>>28168252
They're aware, I'm sure they don't give a fuck though. Remember Pokemon is for kids to just casually play and have fun.
>>
>>28170270
Here's the (You) you're so desperately fishing for. I don't play either of your fucking autistfests. I'm here to start shit and laugh at the retards fighting over nothing.

So since both sides are too autistic to get along, at least on /vp/ I'm gonna attempt to combine the two metas.
>There are tiers akin to Smogon tiers
>Nothing is banned (Double Team, Swagger, whatever else)
>6v6 Triples only

Fight over this.
Alternatively you could be civil and discuss how this would work, be played, what would need fixing, but I highly doubt /vp/ is capable of human decency.
>>
They don't despite smooth being a household name in the entire western fanbase
>>
>>28170288
>"everyone plays showdown"
Do you believe this?
>>
File: 1471850313396.jpg (9KB, 324x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471850313396.jpg
9KB, 324x270px
>>28170288
If I don't support smogon rules anymore why would I play showdown? I ladder on the real game
>>
>>28170338
Where did I imply that you fucking mongoloid? You keep proving that everyone who "hates" smogon is a retarded shitter who belongs to elo hell, if you don't even play on showdown you literally have no ground for talking about it and you're still a retard.
>>
>>28170347
Then why are you talking about Smogon like you know anything when you left because you were a low elo shitter? Holy shit, I knew "official" format "players" were underage garbage but this is beyond anything I expected lol
>>
>>28170338
>>28170347
So you ARE low elo players, thanks for proving the theory right again.

Nothing to talk about anymore, go away everyone.
>>
>>28170355
>Calls others underaged
>Writes like a 10 year old
Anon, pls. Learn to express yourself.
>>
>>28170355
>>28170361
I played smogon for many many years including part of gen 6, trust me I know way more about that site and their meta than most people here
>>
>>28170365
>I'll randomly c-call out the writing style for no reason just to gloss over my shitter status

Epic meme, still, kill yourself.
>>
>>28170349
Not even the same anon. I read the thread and the anon you were replying to was a bit aggressive at first but you're just being a cunt. You assume anyone who "disagrees" hates smogon or doesn't play hates smogon. Anon never said that, I never said that. Is smogon your waifu? does she need protecting?
>>
>>28170389
Not that anon but you have no proof of this nor are you proving the fact that you aren't just a low elo player salty about being bad like most Smogon haters here.

I can play Showdown for years and stay at 1000 rating, that doesn't make my opnion valuable, especially when talking about a competitive scene implies you have an enough high rating to know what you're talking about in the first place.
>>
>>28170395
There's a reason. You called others underaged while acting underaged yourself. I pointed it out in hopes you were self aware enough to realize this.
>>
>>28170400
Maybe you're new around here but it has been proven in countless arguments that everyone who hates Smogon without even making a legitimate argument is just a shitter who doesn't even know what he's talking about.

Lurk more.
>>
>>28170406
>If someone cooks you a pile of shit, you can't say it's shit unless you're a cheff
Noice.
>>
>>28170338
Why not? It's an online simulator where you can quickly build your team and battle people on any format, including this VGC you people seem to like so much. I don't see a single reason why anyone who likes competitive Pokemon would avoid Showdown.
>>
>>28170407
>you're underage because I say so

The only thing I should point out is how your mom regrets not using protection every day.
>>
>>28170434
>Is called underaged
>I'll act underaged! That'll show him!
>>
File: 250px-Sugimori_109.png (57KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sugimori_109.png
57KB, 250x209px
>>28168252

Of course they do, they invented it

Jokes aside, I don't think they gave Wally Smogon: The Team just by mere coincidence
>>
>>28170424
If you aren't the childish anon, I've referenced an anon who disagreed with generalizing an entire group of people. The word "hate" was never used by me. I don't know what you're getting at by replying to me or reference anon.
>>
>>28170424
>this is what the Smogon cult actually believes
I barely see any legit arguments here, just a lot of shitposting
>>
>>28170479
careful, you'll get the smogon whiteknight on your ass.
>>
>>28170254
Second one should have been sleep clause. Just woke up.
>>
File: B3vKPcdCQAA1xW0.png (119KB, 600x264px) Image search: [Google]
B3vKPcdCQAA1xW0.png
119KB, 600x264px
>>28168252

I guess?
>>
>>28170497
Sleep clause is originally from the Stadium games. I think Freeze clause too.
>>
Of course they do. Smogon's a great resource that can highlight current strats and areas that need improvement even in VGC. Any company would be stupid to ignore what is effectively years of logged and archived playtesting, available for free
>>
>>28170428
>I'll talk about a competitive scene of a meta without having experienced it and compare it to something I can eat and taste allowing me to have all the information needed to judge it

Literally retarded irl.
>>
>>28170430
It's really only good for Smogon rules

The problem with showdown for Battle Spot and VGC though is that the meta there is less accurate and less competitive than the cart ladder, mainly because Japan doesn't really use it. Showdown also has garbage timer mechanics that probably won't ever be able to be fixed and this is especially bad for VGC's shorter 15 minute matches. And testing teams isn't really a big deal anymore with hacks/injecting being so common
>>
>>28170445
Underage bait, lurk more.
>>
>>28170479
>>28170459
We're just seeing two VGC shitters who got btfo by 1000 rating players on Showdown and are still salty about it, it's sad honestly.
>>
>>28170493
kys
>>
>>28170430
But they did play Showdown, they were just so bad that they decided to blame their badness on Smogon being bad. It's actually fairly simple.
>>
>>28170612
>>28170628
>still going on about irrelevant showdown ranks
So does this work both ways? Are smogon fanboys supposed to prove their rank in non-smogon metas to prove themselves? This makes no sense and proves nothing you retards
>>
>>28170659
You're the one who says Smogon is bad, I don't have to prove anything, or does you retarded brain not know how arguments and proof work?

You're still dodging your showdown ranking and that's because you're dogshit garbage that isn't allowed to have any opinion at all.
>>
>>28170673
Post your fucking CP count then.
>>
>>28170692
>asking for child porn

Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>28170673
>You're the one who says Smogon is bad, I don't have to prove anything
Maybe not you, but the reason this argument is here in the first place was because of posts like >>28169943 >>28170069 saying retarded things about official formats while supporting Smogon
>>
>>28170708
It isn't for that though, it was as usual VGC retarded kids who can't deal with someone playing Smogon and shitting up the thread.

Can't blame Smogonfags for asking what their rating is when they actively try to talk about its competitiveness without knowing anything about it.
>>
>>28170708
What's wrong with that? VGC is trash and so are VGCfags, it's a known fact.

Or do you want a repost of everytime a VGC retard challenged a smogon player here and got btfo 6-0 on showdown?
>>
>>28170708
Just wanted to say that Smogon is awesome.
>>
>>28170538
Stadium was 3v3 though, where putting two opponents to sleep etc. would upset the match a lot. Abilities didn't exist either. Gen I had nothing to deal with sleep, gen II just had Sleep Talk and four Heal Bell mons.
>>
>>28168252
they don't care and neither should you
>>
>>28171678
Fuck off, karenfag.
>>
>Wally's rematch team
Oh they know
>>
>>28168252
They don't

But they know people that have smogonish
attitudes
>>
>>28170503
>>28171931
>Gamefreak has their own competitive scene with usage stats data
>somehow this team has anything to do with Smogon
nope
>>
>>28170338
well it doesn't force le tour de france just to build a team so yeah...
>>
>>28168550
>I use Red's Mt. Silver team: the post
>>
>>28168615
isn't it 10 OU games on showdown for every VGC game played on cartridge, though?
>>
>>28169790
>uses heavy slam wailord
>get made fun of
>"t-they just hate me because i used banned moves"
>>
>>28168252
>Mega Gyarados gets Mold Breaker to counter Rotom-Wash
Yes
>>
>>28170204
Part of why VGC is so broken is because they lack bans. That also allows bullshit like teams with three genies or double primals, while Smogon has always forced people to be resourceful with mons outside of informal matches.
>>
>>28169816
>>28173013

Verlisify, because he used these "unconventional" strategies, such as using evasion-boosting moves, at the VGC regional he went "undefeated" in, was, after every match, shouted at by the other player for breaking clauses that only exist in the Smogon ruleset, not the ruleset that VGC runs by. This was told by him in one of his videos. He saw these people, who were defeated by strategies banned in Smogon's metagame, as ignorant because they raged at him for no valid reason. They were so under the assumption that these clauses existed in the VGC ruleset, and raged at him with the belief that he was cheating.

So go back to sucking shofu, aim and all the other smogonfag's dicks you stupid ignorant cunts
>>
>>28173103
>a couple of people got confused about which formats had which rules

so? are you telling me that because of those couple players getting confused about rules, Smogon and all of its tiers are shit?

fuck off, fag. your in-game team needs to be EV-trained.
>>
>>28173103
evasion moves are generally frowned upon in VGC tournaments. it's very likely that they didn't rage because Smogon banned evasion moves, but rather they raged because it's not generally accepted.

also nice edgy insult at the end there xDDDD
>>
>>28173103
>unconventional

I think you mean he didn't check

Rain dance assualt vest
>>
>>28173103
>uses shitty gimmick sets that will never win
>loses
>"I j-just did it to..uh...s-strengthen the meta w-with unconventional strategies!!"
>>
>>28173069
>three genies
This literally never happens.
>double primals
That's specifically the Battle of Legends format of VGC 2016. I didn't like it either, but at least it also emphasized some dedicated support mons such as Raichu, Bronzong and Jumpluff you didn't see much in earlier years.

And specific bans aren't signs of a good format. More so, bans enacted by active players themselves can easily abused to shut out play styles the majority simply doesn't want to deal with, whether they are broken or not.
>>
singles 6v6 smogon rules is terribly easy:
-you only have to deal with and think about 1 pokémon
-you know the moveset of that pokémon beforehand because everyone runs the same set (maybe 1 move difference)
-you just have to have skarmory/chansey with entry hazards or toxic and roar/roost and then clean up with choice scarf/specs/band users once they die
>>
>>28173217
fair point. I was really trying to reply to the poster who basically used the "bans are needed" argument AGAINST smogon.

honestly, I don't play vgc, so I dont know much about the meta. I really shouldnt be making too many assumptions about it, especially considering how idiotic a lot of non-ou players are when it comes to describing ou, (>>28173223 is the perfect example).
>>
>>28173223
jesus fucking christ

have you ever played a mid-ladder or tour OU game in your life?
>>
>>28169790

That's not true at all, but ok
>>
>>28173223
>you only have to deal with and think about 1 pokémon
except not

>you know the moveset of that pokémon beforehand because everyone runs the same set (maybe 1 move difference)

literally no one does this past around 1400 you fucking retard

>you just have to have skarmory/chansey with entry hazards or toxic and roar/roost and then clean up with choice scarf/specs/band users once they die

fucking kek
>>
>>28173103

Hahahahah verlisifag fanboy mad huh? F off the board
>>
>>28173223

If smogon tiers were actually like this I wouldn't still be playing. Just curious, do you actually play the tiers?
>>
>>28173296
>>28173310
>>28173348
My highest rank was 1700ish (after this everyone just fucking stalls lmfao, the metagame is super boring) but i only played it for 2 days

And i've got ubers/OU/UU and little cup experience
>>
>>28173430
Proof?
>1700 in 2 days
Lmao okay
>>
>>28173430
name 3 offensive darkrai checks.
>>
>>28168932
Because they hate fun.
>>
>>28173459
I had a big summer break in which i spent 2 days on showdown while listening to my fav music albums.
>>28173462
-Landorus T
-Keldeo
-Blaziken
-Anything with lum berry and decent offensive stats
-(stealth rock is up so no worrying about its sash)
>>
>>28168276
>They don't give a shit about it.

they do , that's why they changed gen5 lampmon's ability.
>>
>>28173552
>being this stupid
*sigh*

I don't even know where to begin with this... why are anti-smogonites so silly?
>>
>>28173552
>landorus
>keldeo
>blaziken

HE'S NOT EVEN TRYING
>>
>>28173621
>>28173603
Tell me how a darkrai would deal with those three while entry hazards are up...? The question is if you are even trying kid.
>>
>>28173282
You were replying to the me who just woke up in the morning.

If Smogon had an item clause, they wouldn't have had to shit themselves as much over Baton Pass teams as they did.

It's one of those rules that are in the game for a good reason, firstly for fairness since most of those items are limited or hard to acquire and secondly to prevent some extremely one-sided teams.

I'd actually argue that none of the Smogon-added rules have any place in ladder play. Banning OHKO and evasion for an elimination-mode tournament might make sense, but hardly anyone would use those in the first place.

Most of the others fall into the category that you shouldn't lose a game even when you're completely unprepared against an opponent's strategy (which are mostly stuff <10% of people would actually use.

And Endless Battle clause is a clunky way to deal with a deficiency of their simulator. If you can't defeat Funbro, press the damn forfeit button. Also a non-issue because nobody outside of Showderp would use it without getting bored themselves. Though I guess someone would have written a bot for it.
>>
File: 1472265270412.jpg (9KB, 198x202px) Image search: [Google]
1472265270412.jpg
9KB, 198x202px
>>28173552
>Keldeo the Darkrai check
>>
>>28173709
Keldeo is pretty good desu
>>
>>28173603
>*sigh*
>>
>>28173806
keldeo is pretty good

in ou
>>
>>28173817
In ubers too?

Your logic ''well if it's classified as OU it must suck in ubers'' is retarded, that's like saying ferrothorn is bad in ubers...

Play it before you hate it
>>
>>28173860
thats not my logic at all. I said that Keldeo is good in OU, which it is.

however, there's absolutely no reason to use it in ubers. tell me, if it's so good, give me a situation it could win.
>>
I still think Mega Fug was just GF's way of telling the playerbase exactly what they thought of competitive pokemon.
>>
>>28174199
It's not overpowered in VGC16 and not allowed in any of their other formats. So there's literally nothing wrong with it if you play by the official rules instead of some fansite's.
>>
>>28174249
so what? the SSB competitive community was completely fan-made. competitive CSGO has custom rules that are decided by the fanbase.

competitive metas are almost always run by fans, because game producers are shit at doing it themselves. look at the "comp community" or Overwatch and TF2, and compare them to the comp communities of SSB or CSGO.

i just dont understand why VGC is supposedly "more valid" or "more competitive" than Smogon, just because Nintendo made it up.
>>
>>28173103
lol
>>
>>28174328
VGC is backed with prize money.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-31-11-44-47-1.png (280KB, 1438x2287px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-31-11-44-47-1.png
280KB, 1438x2287px
>>28174398
>spending literal weeks breeding and building teams
>pay for the airfare
>pay for the entrance fee
>pay for hotel/food
>you get $5,000 and a wii if you come in first place

it's hardly prize money if you barely break even, anon.
>>
>>28174328
>look at the "comp community" or Overwatch and TF2, and compare them to the comp communities of SSB or CSGO.
I don't know them, but I assume they're all cancerous.

I read the ESEA rules for CSGO, and they mostly regulate how to score wins, how divisions are organized, set consistent start parameters for matches and state that you're not allowed to use any cheats or bug exploits. They don't tell you that the AWP is Uber and mustn't be used.

>>28174504
If you get enough challenge points (more than what's needed to qualify in the first place though), they will cover your travel cost.
>>
>>28174604
that's actually precisely what they did after the R8 update. A major tournament was scheduled the next day, and they actually used the older version of the game because the R8 was so powerful.
>>
>>28173103
>stockpile on everything is uncoventional
>copypaste smogon sets but with shit moves is original
>>
>>28174743
I don't know the game, but that seems like an edge case if a new gun was just added to it with no time to prepare. It also seems that Valve reverted a good portion of that update/nerfed that gun soon after.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.