[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the Pokemon dub is so shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Meowthmike.jpg (252KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
Meowthmike.jpg
252KB, 635x423px
The Pokemon dub has been utterly destroyed since XY began, honestly, it's a joke now. It already took a hit when TPCi recast the entire dub sans Cathcart who they let sockpuppet and shitpost on the Serebii forums and jump over to the current team, but it's insufferable these days.

I really would avoid it other than laughing at how terrible it's become.

Cathcart basically went on Serebii using "old guard truth seeker" as his pseudonym and he trolled and bashed the 4Kids dub and crew, also lying about why they were replaced, along with Bill Rogers (current Brock) who shitposted there too with "NewBrock" at the time. They're both jerks. to put it simply. The current Jessie VA, Michele Knotz, also trolled a YouTube video by user CuteMimi25 where her acting was even mentioned and took it as criticism despite the guy never saying she was bad.

A lot of the TPCi cast have been very unprofessional and rude to the fandom online in general, really. Cathcart also later said during DP's dub his Team Rocket is funnier than the Japanese one.

It's bad enough they can't do their jobs well, but their attitudes are even more sickening.

As for Natochenny, well, I think her Ash voice is nowadays too effeminate in XY and I feel it's not as good as she was in BW. I feel like she's just phoning it in now, and it's so dull: the yelling in that recent dub episode was just emotionless when Serena chucked the snowball at Ash. Taylor was way better than Natochenny.
>>
Japanese Meowth is ear piercingly bad
>>
The japanese voices are shit, the letters all across the screen are ugly and I can't understand shit. I'll stick with the english version, stay cucked.
>>
Japanese Ash sounds like an old lady, go back to your enclosure
>>
>>28167644
Dub Ash sounds like a lady who has smoked too much and can't emote for shit, and it actually is a lady who has smoked too much.
>>
>>28167681
They both sound like the same person speaking fluently in both languages, and they both honestly sound grating.
It's not black and white, I don't know about you but Japanese voices aren't universally good, and, as we should know as english speakers, English versions aren't always great either
>>
>>28167741
Just because someone speaks fluently doesn't mean they're a good voice actor. Sarah Natochenny has always been a horrible voice actor, Rica Matsumoto at least had been consistently good throughout the years, and can actually voice act, instead of just reading lines unenthusiastically without improving despite doing the same character for 12 years straight.

Besides, the biggest problem in the dub is the terrible choices for music TPCi has always used. Those ruin entire episodes more than any shitty voice actor.
>>
>>28167524
Ok
>>
But guys

In the English dub, Ash actually WINS the Kalos League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j058sow3qfU

See? ;_;
>>
>>28167524
>the voice actors shitpost online

seriously?
>>
>>28168043
Seriously.
>>
>>28168429
Therefore the dub is bad
Makes sense
>>
>>28167524
>Cathcart also later said during DP's dub his Team Rocket is funnier than the Japanese one.
If this actually made you angry you need to reevaluate your life.
>>
>TPCi being unprofessional.

This isn't surprising in the slightest. At least that one fucker got shitcanned for sexually assaulting that one fan at a con.
>>
>>28168750
Context?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.