[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon that look different on different media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: mmol.png (248KB, 714x636px) Image search: [Google]
mmol.png
248KB, 714x636px
Moltres is such a different pokémon depending on the art; the anime one looks amazing, it has beautiful spreaded wings, a confident glare and pinkish misteryous flames... the official-game one though just looks like a goose on fire, I hate it... what other pokémon have you found such differences?
>>
Feraligatr is usually a dice-roll
>>
I always wondered why a lot of media had moltres's fire distinctively bright red and pink whereas in the official media it's always just had regular fire.
>>
>>28166803
it looks fucking awesome in this video and in 3d:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV25yg-HCms
articuno looks awful in 3d, the chest, the tail and something that i couldn't say what is strange, in anime it looks better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHM7ldlE8Nk
zapdos is always the same, for me
>>
>>28166803
The color palette, like everything else in the anime, is vomit inducing.
>>
Moltres is best legendary birb imo
>>
>>28166803
Suicune looks different in the anime and games. Heck, Gold and Silver had that crest on its head translucent before making it blue, and the anime made it green.
>>
File: Moltres RB.png (277KB, 639x567px) Image search: [Google]
Moltres RB.png
277KB, 639x567px
I wish they would have kept Moltres' original wings. The wings naturally blending into fire looked much better than the clear distinction seen from gen III and on.

Not to say those wings were perfect, because they were usually drawn stubby as fuck.
>>
>>28171664
That does look a whole lot better. Moltres usually just looks like a stupid bird caught on fire. This makes it look like an actual legend.
>>
This thread reminds me of a complaint I have.
>Moltres in gen 1
>given the highest stats
>given the highest attack stat
>could easily use a cool flying move with stab and good physical attack stat
>drill peck an obvious choice since it sort of resembles fearow and dodrio which also learn
>INSTEAD
>zapdos gets drill peck, but rarely uses it
>moltres doesn't even gen solarbeam
>moltres still doesn't get a decent physical move and didn't get solarbeam till gen 3
Makes me mad everytime.
>>
File: Toxicroak_anime.png (537KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Toxicroak_anime.png
537KB, 1280x720px
>>28166803
>tfw the anime artists will never properly colour toxicroak
>>
>>28171664
>seen from gen III and on.
They changed it in Yellow. For some reason gen 2 changed it back.
Gen 2 did that a lot come to think of it.
>>
>>28166803
This happens to every Pokemon, it's just more noticeable in others. Basically they want a true version with more smooth coloring, and a "simple" version that uses more hard lines and contrasting colors, especially colors shared with other Pokemon. Something like how a child would color it in a coloring book.

Bulbasaur is a good example even, look how his color differs: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Bulbasaur
>>
>>28166803
You're fucking kidding right?

ALL of the anime art is terrible. awful lineart which misses out on subtleties; ridiculous washed-out colours. The one on the bottom looks like a Looney Tunes character.
>>
I want to ride Moltress all day long.
>>
>>28171902
But isn't the anime oversaturated compared to Sugimori and Gen 6?
>>
>>28171902
Check out the honker on Shiftry here. It's not supposed to be this thick.

QUALITY
>>
>>28166803
Most of the blue Pokemon depicted in the anime. Toxicroak, Seadra, Mega Blastoise, bunch of blue mons. I don't know why, they just do.
>>
>>28171930
It's weird how they can colour Croagunk correctly but not Toxicroak, especially considering that they have the same colours.
>>
>>28171914
Very.
So are most games.
>>
>>28171849
Back in gen 1 pokemon didnt get coverage moves
>>
File: 146Moltres_RG.png (267KB, 491x592px) Image search: [Google]
146Moltres_RG.png
267KB, 491x592px
>>28171664
Those aren't the original wings.
People praising the old games can't get anything right, can they? It's pathetic.
>>
>>28171930
Also, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Nidoqueen, Golduck, Tentacruel, some Lapras, Swampert, Taillow, Swellow, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Garchomp, Mega Lucario, Samurott, Sawk, Boldore, Gigalith and Eelektross all have slightly or drastically altered color palettes.
>>
>>28171961
Most people think the red and blue artwork is the original, completely forgetting that they had artwork before.
>>
>>28171961
>wing is coming out its leg
How did Sugi even get a job.
>>
>>28172297
What?
Anon that's too high up to be the leg.
>>
>>28171961
Those have a clearer line between the yellow and red, but are still not as awful as the current ones.
You are able to see that the yellow parts of the wings are wild and fiery right? Unlike the ones we have now which are completely straight on the upper side.
>>
>>28171849
Level 51...
>ARTICUNO learned BLIZZARD!
>ZAPDOS learned THUNDER!
>MOLTRES learned LEER!

Wait, what?! You mean to tell me this thing can't learn Flamethrower, needs a TM for Fire Blast, and Fly is its best Flying type option?! This was literally the biggest screw job on move set since Flareon and Vulpix. Wait a second, what do all three have in common?
>>
>>28171849
>>28172550
You guys realize Sky Attack (called God Bird in japanese) was Moltres' signature move in gen 1?
>>
>>28172586
It was a shit move, fuck off.
Also it was a TM and everything learned it.
>>
>>28172586
>the other two get their elemental equivalent moves
>Moltres doesn't learn Fire Blast at the same level
>>
>>28171905
LUBBY CHUDDER
>>
>>28172693
thunder, blizzard and fire blast are NOT elemental equivalents

thunderbolt, ice beam and flamethrower are
>>
File: 11.jpg (66KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
66KB, 400x557px
>>28171864
They do it in the TCG as well. Half of his cards are this palette
>>
>>28168362
How is that 3D?
>>
File: moltres.jpg (10KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
moltres.jpg
10KB, 350x350px
>>28169022
Sure is.
>>
>>28172712
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyhlybViJw
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.