[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Pokemon die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: MarowakGhost.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MarowakGhost.png
1MB, 1280x720px
What's the difference between a KO'd and dead Pokemon, if you can just go to a Pokemon Center or use a revive?
>>
>>28165352

Well, Pokemon probably wouldn't die even if you killed them, because they just become Ghost-types.
>>
>>28165371
Than why are there cemeteries?
>>
>>28165352
KO'd mean the pokemon is exhausted. very badly hurt pokemons that doesn't make it to the pokemon center = ded
>>
>>28165501
Good info, thank
>>
"Fainting" or "Near Death" as it's called in Japanese, is a hyperbole. The Pokemon isn't literally unconscious or almost dead, it's just too tired to continue battling. This is they can still use field moves, and when you play with a "fainted" Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie, they're shown taking a nap.

In trainer battles at least, Pokemon hold back and never fight hard enough to risk any major injuries.
>>
>>28165649
Also good info
>>
Well in the games it says that disease and swords can kill them. So I imagine its the same as humans really. If you get into a fight you can get KO'd or severely beaten, but other things can kill you. I imagine in the Pokemon World something gets hit hard enough in a battle it will kill something, but there seems to be a rule that a Pokemon won't use its full power to kill another Pokemon, at least battle/trainer wise.
>>
Pokemon are supernatural monsters. I'm assuming they all have some inherent healing factor or ki (aura) to avoid death most of the time.
>>
>>28166752
You can die in a fight from a myriad of ways. Brain hemorrhage being the most obvious of them.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (482KB, 500x260px)
giphy[1].gif
482KB, 500x260px
>>28165352
>What's the difference between a KO'd and dead Pokemon, if you can just go to a Pokemon Center or use a revive?

When a Pokemon Faints it doesn't die it just becomes to weak to fight anymore or defend itself and a Trainer calls it back.

When I was in highschool I took Muay Thai kick boxing for about 2 years and in my last few months on a whim I decided I'd do a continuous tournament. I was absolutely trounced in my first fight, not because I was liberally beaten or knocked out, but because I just got way too fucking tired- it was honestly amazing how tired and how quickly it happened when I was fighting for a few minutes despite being able to train for hours.

I'm under the impression that's what exactly what happens to Pokemon: they fight until they're tired, tuckered, exhausted, etc..
With that said though I don't doubt that some Pokemon do die or get seriously injured if their Trainer doesn't know what they're doing or if they don't make that call to return them when they think their pokemon is "too tired".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.