[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of Pokemon story would you personally like to see?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: gundam-0080-eyecatch-2.jpg (90KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-0080-eyecatch-2.jpg
90KB, 720x480px
What kind of Pokemon story would you personally like to see?

It can be anything. Describe it if you want to.
>>
Older guy's wife and daughter gets killed on an accident and he goes on a journey through a new region to try to recover himself.

Don't judge me, I just want something more relatable than a 10yo helping a professor.
>>
>>28156117
I did say anything, anon.

I personally like the idea of a war story

That's why I posted the War in the Pocket eyecatch
>>
Are we talking games?
>>
>>28156230
Anything, really. Doesn't matter what it is.
>>
>>28156285
Well, honestly I wouldn't mind a good romance story. Something lighthearted and generally sweet and sappy. If it was in game form, something with lots of choices and routes would be perfect, and if it mixed in actual pokemon battles that'd be a 10/10 game for me.
>>
>>28156404
That sounds really nice. Too bad pokmon will never have that kind of thing because of their target audience.
>>
>>28156468
There's that visual novel thats been worked on, but that won't be done any time soon if ever.
>>
>>28156404
comfy/10

>>28156117
something else other than helping a professor would be a much needed breath of fresh air.

>Older guy's wife and daughter gets killed on an accident and he goes on a journey through a new region to try to recover himself

do you have anything more other than the base concept? i'd like too hear more if you do
>>
>>28156074
I'd like a story thats non linear where you can opt out of a pokedex with there being multiple different "endings" to the game. Like an open world sandbox but with pokemon, and well done.

I want more than just the gym league, I want the contest league, I want the collectors league, I want a farming league. I want options. I want to be able to play the game a second time and dos something totally different with a different story.

I want some G or maybe PG romance, if Harvest Moon can do it, Pokemon can too.

I want a Choose Your Own Adventure story, basically.
>>
Set before all other games

Pokeballs just start to kick off
The region is just city states and villages that don't care for each other

You are the future kings disciple

You must travel and convince the elders of the towns to build gyms and work with their neighbors to strengthen the new regions defense

After a villain appears with an army and control of a legendary you must find the 4 strongest trainers to form the elite four and stop the threat

The elite 4 must guard the new region protecting working with local gym leaders and elders to protect the new region from any future threat
>>
>>28156654
Ending for the league
Ending for joining the evil team and winning and vice verse

Ending for contests
Ending for sports minigame

What else?
>>
I wouldn't mind at all stories based off on some of the trainer classes and their different goals

I'd love a tory about a backpacker out to explore as many regions as they could. Battling optional but they'd be able to find every little nook and cranny and hidden place. Maybe someone trying to flee from a very boring or uptight home life. Someone that felt like they'd lost their chance for a pokemon journey when they were younger, but found the chance to try again later
>>
A longform story about Mewtwo's journeys, epic battles and eventually alliance with certain powerful trainers.
>>
>>28156731
An ending for completeing the pokedex and become a professor.
An ending where you don't do anything but get a pokemon to 100.
An ending where you become a final boss for the frontier or frontier equivalent.
An ending where you do everything.
An ending that triggers when you get yourself so stuck in the game that you require cheating to get out, like that one route in platinum where if you trade your ownly pokemon that knows surf and have nothing that can learn fly and have no fishing rods you're stuck on the island forever.
An ending where you find your dad.
>>
>>28156832
>An ending where you find your dad.

I suppose that could be secret ending after doing everything
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 570x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 570x369px
Wouldn't mind a story about being the champion of a region.
Transfer all your high level Pokémon from an old game and get out and about. Meet with gym leaders and make sure they are performing up to standard, coordinate with other champions, respond to disasters, nurture the next generation of trainers, real head honcho type stuff.
>>
>>28156074
>An insomniac kid and his family move to their vacation home in Sinnoh
>Wild Chatot flock around that refuse to shut up further keep from from getting any rest, so he pelts the leader with rocks and catches it
>Chatot proceeds to insult and play off him afterwards
>Kid is told that the legendary Pokemon Cresselia could help him sleep
>Decides to take a journey to find and catch Cresselia
>Ends up with a team full of mons possessing either Vital Spirit or Insomnia
>Opposes Team Galactic remnants out of confusion at their idocy and lack of patience for their interference with him getting any rest
>>
I just want an unexpected twist that one of the good guys is actually bad
>>
>>28156117
>I just want something more relatable
In what way can that possibly be relatable to you?
>>
>>28156074
I would love to have something more like boss battles in the games. Instead of battling the box legendary to catch it, I always thought it would be cool to battle a box legendary that had so much HP and strength it took your whole team to take it out. You could even have two/three Pokemon out to fight it at once.
>>
File: mobile-suit-gundam.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
mobile-suit-gundam.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>Story takes place before the RBY/FRLG era
>Revolves around a Pokemon war
>In this series anyone can die
>Main protagonist has a Raichu
>Lt. Surge is the main protagonist
>>
A story about a guy on the quest to find legendary pokemon that could heal any disease.
Yiu only have 6 pokemon ans can't change them because the guy is not interested in collecting them. Only quesr is important.
Every pokemon in the team has its own personality. Through in-game events you earn their trust and also do some side quests to make them more loyal.
Several choices where some pikemon could die or leave the guy during his quest. Also different endings.
Basically it is like Mass Effect in pokemon world without romance option.
>>
Pretty much anything besides these two staples:
>helping a professor with pokedex entry collecting
>evil organization using local mythology to summon some end-of-times super Pokemon to take over the world

Because Pokemon is for kids--as much as I would like to get a non 10year old protagonist, we probably will never see that change. So, given that the protag still has to be a kid, I would love to see a game deal with the "son of a ___" thing again, like Gen 3.

Common enemies in the anime from time to time were poachers back in the day. What if the story centered on the son of a renowned Pokemon ranger being called to a new, rural and lightly organized region--a frontier region (colonial American frontier themed) where poachers or "trappers" were collecting Pokemon for other organizations like Team Rocket, or similar to the way poachers operated on the anime.

Because the region is colonial, there would be smaller syndicates and likely a larger organization that had a monopoly on certain types of things. Instead of gyms, the player would disband poached syndicates and help individuals who are prospectively looking to set up national reserves in the shadow of impending industrialization.

At once the plot could be about both kneeling industrialization in check for the Pokemon who keep the frontier as a natural habitat, and fending off organized trappers from encroaching on indigenous species.

It's a half baked idea at best, but could be really cool. Themes include the beginning of the industrial revolution, colonialism, and natural preservation. What would stand in for gyms and the league; how could we work that in or rework those ideas to fit better?
>>
Slav Pokemon.

Using vodka to pacify Mewtwo would be awesome.

Also: Pokemon game as open-ended as Witcher 3 is. On PC.
>>
I think Pokémon could support any genre because of the variety of monsters, so it would be cool to have like an Aliens-style horror story where a gutsy woman has to use her Porygon-2 (for hacking and other shenanigans) to battle Deoxys until she can get help
>>
>>28157630
Action RPG with Kalos starters as the mage, knight, ninja

Find the 18 plates of Arceus to unlock the cave to Arceus

Each plate grants abilities to the Pokemon they normally never get

Zoroark can create a massive illusion summoning every dark type and you think you're fighting Darkrai for the first half of the battle to get the dark plate

Ice plate makes a horde of Avalugg 10 times their size

Fighting basically turns Machamp into one punch pokemon

Stuff like that
>>
Will we ever get an official pokemon MMORPG with hundred of quests, different trainer classes to choose from, and the ability to travel to all the regions and have endless updateble content + pokemon?

I swear they could make so much money if they bought a small price tag one clothing, and furniture and stuff like that. I want this more than anything else.
>>
>>28158612
Not until Nintendo officially gives up on hardware and moves to making games for other consoles and PC
>>
>>28158703
One of these days.. Actually I think within 10 years or so.
>>
>>28159662
lol
>>
>Scientists discovered DNA of now extinct legendary-tier mon...
>failed recreation...
>for wutever reasons they decided to use human (or DNA)...
>Achievement: first hybrid created...
>testing, observing, etc, hybrid is bored(?)
>run&escape.exe
>hybrid decided to become a trainer (reason?)
>also controlling and mastering powers

Not sure what else...
>>
>>28160088
So Mewtwo?
>>
>>28160167
kinda, but Mewtwo is not a trainer...
>>
>>28160246
Movie?
>>
>human appearance
>>28160281
Huh... did I miss something?
>>
>>28157129
He hates his family and wants them dead
>>
>>28160411
Anon said human DNA not human appearance

Anon is essentially asking for a mix of adventures manga Mewtwo and movie Mewtwo
>>
>Protag move to a new region
>Leave his house and family to explore the region and catch pokemon
>Explore the region and catch pokemon
>Enjoy his adventure thanks to the comfy atmosphere and the beautiful panorama
>Meet with some thugs who end up being seen as thugs because of a misunderstanding
>Protag help the thugs to clear the misunderstanding
>They end up all friend and no end of the world scenario or anything

If I could get this for once I'll just be happy
>>
A young rough and tumble fight boy raised on the streets enters into a gang of bootlegger gangsters, the story revolves around Pokemon mobsters and the police trying to stop their crimes , with the young upstart trying to decide between a life of crime and power and doing what's right for the city
>>
Some kind of story in a totalitarian state, where you see the upbringing of the protagonist with propaganda etc. At trainer age you get sent to a camp akin to the hitler youth to choose your starter to become a Pokémon soldier. You get sent to war, but depending on your actions you can become a rebel a servant, even the new leader or something else entirely. It would just be interesting if you would see weaponized Pokémon and a world akin to real life in which you can actually change things.
>>
>>28156074
bernie ;-;
>>
The story of a Pokemon league agent dealing with major crimes and emergencies in the world that don't have an abnormally talented ten year old to solve
>>
>>28156074
I'd love a sort of 'origins story' for the PMDverse. Set before there were guilds, exploration teams and towns, when all pokemon were presumably wild, and an explanation of how they got to their societal structure as it is in the games. It always bothered me that the difference between dungeon pokemon and treasure town pokemon was hardly explained or touched on.
>>
>>28160981
Yes, this.

I would also love some games set in different time periods, whether that be the past or the future. I want to know absolutely everything from the start to the finish of the timeline.
>>
>>28157194
So, I got good news for you regarding Sun/Moon and Totem Pokemon...
>>
>>28160541
It's me again, anon of (this >>28160088) idea...
>>28160411 was my reply... I just wanted to point out that this hybrid had 100% human appearance.

Here's a little more detailed thingy:
>Some sort of corrupted organization found (kinda) DNA of now extinct legendary-tier mon...
>They forced a group of scientists to recreate a mon...
>Recreation is not possible without secondary element...
>Decided to kidnap a child (cuz reasons, maybe special child)...
>Recreation failed, kid dies in a process, managed to save his DNA...
>After many fails, the first hybrid is complete (I'm just gonna name him Vince)...
>Vince is being tested and observed for months or years.
>Somehow he managed to attain human appearance and memories of dead kid, also his powers are unstable...
>Vince decides to escape...
>Goes to kid's parents claiming to be him...
>Because of memories he decides to fulfil kid's dream (like becoming the best trainer) and destroy organization.
>also have to deal with unstable power, control/master...maybe changing forms.

...and the only thing I've watched with Mewtwo was the first movie. I didn't watched others and I never read manga so I dunno what happened there (and I guess there will be too much similarities with my idea), hence my:
>Huh... did I miss something?
cuz I kinda misunderstand this reply: >>28160281
>>
>>28161961
Sooo... like pokemon meets Prototype?
>>
>>28156654
Gay
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.