/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Like seriously? Back when it was the latest Gen it was by far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: thVF5O6HPH.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
thVF5O6HPH.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Like seriously? Back when it was the latest Gen it was by far the most controversial one.
People shitted on the designs the moment the moment Zorua and Zoroark were revealed and the Starters were by far ( and still are) the most hated set we ever got, made worse when their evos were finally confirmed real. Furthermore Mons like Trubbish only fueled the seemingly never ending Gen Wars in addition to the whole " GF\Nintendo is out of ideas" statement which was everywhere in that Era. I personally didn't like how most of the Unova mons were basically rehashes of Gen one Mons along with the plot-hole filled plot the games boasted and most seemed to agree at the time. So why now is it hailed as the "Golden Standard " of the Franchise?? I'm not trolling here, just very curious.
>>
>>28142954
/vp/ is a bunch of contrarians
>>
Yeah I never really liked Gen 5. Really seemed like a lackluster gen to me. The designs were mostly weak to me. Nothing new or exciting was introduced and it wasn't even 3D.
>>
>>28142954
To be blunt, those are all subjective opinions. I personally loved all the callbacks many mons made, and found most of the new designs to my liking (I like roughly 85% of them.) The games themselves also had a much more in-depth story than any previous or after at least so far. Additionally, Black 2 and White 2 fixed most complaints with BW1, and weren't just a standard "third version" - it added so much more to the world and region and showed a ton of progression. One thing that most people loved about gen V was the post-game, too, which was afaik larger than any other gen. While many of theae reasons are subjective as well, these are why I, personally, felt it was the strongest gen.
>>
"Gen V was good" is a shitty meme forced by edgy contrarian faggots who infest this board as a reaction to basically everyone else in the internet disliking it. Example of posters like that are cancerous tripfags (eg >>28143113) and other autistic ones like waifufags.
>>
>>28143216
whoa there that's a lot of buzzwords
>>
>>28142954
Some people are fine with pokemon being yokai so they don't have the visceral 'this is fucking retarded' reaction to icecreammon and such that other do. And I'm only half shitposting by saying that.

People that like simple, classical design that feels like part of a believable, coherent universe hate a lot of this new shit. People that like wacky lolsorandum constant stimulation and don't need any justification for it love pokemon's current direction.
>>
>>28143368
To me, Pokemon has been pretty consistent since gen II.
Gen I designs that I don't like are typically inconsistent. Like Electrode, Muk, Dugtrio, but also boring copypasta ones like Goldeen and Spearow.
>>
I think Gen V had some of the best designs since gen II, there were some weird choices like an ice cream cone but the art style felt like a return to form after how overblown and tacky most of the Gen IV designs were.

...that's about the only good thing I can say about it. I hate that it created this shitty meme of giving you bunch of npc friends to annoy you the whole game, and I dislike the extra emphasis on story since they may as well not bother if the writing is as crap as always. It basically marked the end of me enjoying the single player of Pokemon, now I just rush ahead to the postgame and multiplayer
>>
>>28142954
No one is here forever.

Many people who browsed /vp/ back 2010 have moved on. People who grew up with Gen 5 took their place.

Source: I'm Moothree.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.