[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Uranium Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 29

File: Disgrace.png (88KB, 596x516px) Image search: [Google]
Disgrace.png
88KB, 596x516px
> Good fakemon
> Actually challenging
> fun

Why is no one on /vp/ talking about this game? Don't tell me it was too difficult for you.
>>
I never played it and never will
>>
>>28136718
i can't find a download :'(
>>
>>28136718
how is it hard? From what I've heard, it just gives you shitmons and cranks up enemy trainer's levels, meaning you need to grind your ass off.
>>
There's a thread about it every day.
>>
>>28136718
Prepare to be called a Shill a lot

Anyways, some of the Fakemon are good, some aren't, and some are Garlikid/Dunsparce Evo/Plague Doctor Spritzee level atrocious

It is actually challenging though so I don't understand people calling it piss easy
>>
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
Nice shit taste. Quit shilling your garbage
>>
>>28136742
https://uranium.sweepy.pw/
>>
>>28136757
>>28136758
It's almost as if I'm psychic or something
>>
>>28136718
It took 9 years to complete and was total garbage.

The reason why /vp/ doesn't talk about it is because there is nothing to talk about. It's bad. The fakmon are bad. The story is bad. The characters are bad.

The only good thing it had going for it was the fact that it was a bit more difficult than actual pokemon games.

Stop shilling crap, OP.
>>
>>28136757
> Prepare to be called a Shill a lot
>>28136758

On the whole I like the fakemon a lot. The ones I don't like, like the one I opened with, are at least good for making fun of. While the human sprites in this game are passable at best I think 2/3 of the pokemon designs are rock solid.
>>
>>28136718
>good fakemon
Just fucking stop it. You're shilling isn't fooling anyone.
>>
>>28136772
>https://uranium.sweepy.pw/
i'm a mac user so is it possible to use these downloads? not sure how to open them desu
>>
File: what is this.png (336KB, 2028x1524px) Image search: [Google]
what is this.png
336KB, 2028x1524px
>>28136718
Because 90% of the posts on here are "which pokegirl would you hug" or "which pokemon would you marry. " Most of the people on here are more waifufag than competitive player, and a large subset of those in the latter group are only interested in the official games.

Uranium has two things going for it. One, the new Pokemon designs are honestly bretty good. Two, the game actually maintains a fair challenge throughout.

That said, it has a lot of problems. Fanfic tier writing, loads of backtracking, and a ton of ripped off music. If all you want is a challenging pokemon game, you're going to love Uranium, but most people here like Pokemon for other reasons (autism).
>>
>>28136923
I also use a Mac. I can help you out.

I have it working with Parallels and Windows 7. If you don't have those things, get them. They make using a Mac way easier.

I allocated 512MB VRAM, 8GB RAM, and 2 cores to my windows partition. The RAM is probably overkill, but I have a lot. The other thing you need to do to make it work properly is follow these steps to extract the RPG Maker file:

0.) Backup your Pokemon Uranium folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon Uranium Team\Pokemon Uranium 1.0)

1.) Download the extractor (Mirror 1, Mirror 2)

2.) Extract the extractor (on your Desktop for example)

3.) Open the extractor + Go to Files + Open File + Select Uranium.rgssasd in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon Uranium Team\Pokemon Uranium 1.0

4.) Select Tools + Extract All Files

5.) Locate your extractor folder. There is a new folder "Extract" with "Extract\Data\" and "Extract\Graphics\" as subfolder

6.) Copy both "Data" and "Graphics" and paste/merge them into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon Uranium Team\Pokemon Uranium 1.0\ folder

7.) Delete your Uranium.rgssad file

8.) Run your game through patcher.exe or Uranium.exe
>>
Just play a Drayano romhack in an actual game and save yourself the autismo that is Uranium.

I played it, and just had to quite about ten hours in. Just couldn't do it. I've played games that were made on RPG Maker in a few days that were more fun and bearable than this.

But that's just my opinion. You might like it. Its a free game, so whatever.
>>
>>28136926
Basically this, Uranium has flaws, but it still ends as enjoyable in the end. Most haters hate it because "muh autism", saying it's designs are shit, but there are FAR worse out there like Quartz or Battle Fire, others because of the third "no gender" charancter, but it's such a small thing they hate because they remind it of Tublrism and others hate JUST CAUSE, to jump on the hate bandwagon.
>>
File: 1469967370715.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469967370715.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>28136718

>Good fakemon
>>
>>28136926
>One, the new Pokemon designs are honestly bretty good
At least 30% of them are horrible.
And I'd really only call 10-20% of them good.
>>
What teams do you guys use? What Pokemon do you consider top tier?

I've been surprised by how good Palij, Glaslug, and Cubbug all turned out to be. I know Selkid is the preferred water type over Glaslug, so I'm excited to level that up and see how good it is. Tubareel is also quite strong.

Baaschaaf can be quite cool with Dark/Fighting STAB and has been a staple since I traded for him in the second(?) town. Desperately needs Mach Punch for revenge killing though or at least Sucker Punch. Huge disapointment that neither of those are in his moveset; he'd be a beast with Moxie.
>>
>You can't choose your starter
>Only one evolutions for starters
>Ugly fakemon
>>
File: 1457656592081.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1457656592081.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
>>
So much samefagging here.

Stop selling us your shit hackrom.
>>
>>28137202
I always have this odd feeling most that post hate comments are the same person :|
>>
>>28137130
>Ignoring the fact that the questions are color coded
Though, that does beg the question of why they made the questions in the first place.
>>
>>28137169
fuck dude thanks ive been looking for this gif forever
>>
>>28136718
Gave up after the first gym because all the pokemon had normal type moves and all the items I had were potions. It has absolutely nothing going for it at the very start, and all the fakemon just become ridiculous fuckhuge muscle sacs. Does it honestly get better??
>>
>>28136758
>>28136790
>>28136894
>>28137202
samefag
>>
>>28137702
no
>>
>>28137702
Yeah, it honestly does. I change my team up a lot and feel like I get a good challenge at every gym I face.

What's your team? I'd recommend a cubbug and a birbie at that stage.
>>
>>28136718
>good fakemon
OK buddy, you may have schizophrenia because that's one delusional opinion to have.

For a game to be even considered worth playing it has to have something appealing for its base. None of the fakemon in this game are good, I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. I know real pokemon aren't always top notch, but even the worst of those are better than the "best" of these.
>>
the only fakemon I liked in Uranium was the Dark/Fighting sheep
>>
>>28137064
So your logic is that it's good because there are worse games out there?
>>
>>28136718
bad fakemon. terrible fakemon.
>>
>>28136718
>instead of fixing the lag issues on lower-end systems for a sprite game with a horribly coded engine, they tell them to buy high-end hardware

I want rich kiddies to fucking die.
>its the year 2154
>all games require a 500 gb graphic card because devs get lazier and lazier with their optimisation
>>
File: zephy.jpg (67KB, 535x426px) Image search: [Google]
zephy.jpg
67KB, 535x426px
Now that you guys are talking about the game, somebody traded this thing for my slothohm in the GTS. What will happen if I train it?
>>
>>28136926
>someone who yiff'd on daily basis saw this, stroked his dick and thought "Yeah... Thats a horny design.. greenlight it!"

Furfags as devs are bad
>>
>>28137832
You can actually fix the performance issues pretty easily by following the steps in >>28136994

Not defending it just saying

>>28137850
Pretty sure that thing will get you banned from GTS if you aren't careful
>>
>>28137868
I broke out laughing when I got it. Does "the love bug" evolve by going to furry conventions or what
>>
The fakemon boggle me because they're almost all either super great or absolutely awful with practically nothing inbetween
>>
>>28136718
Stop shilling you retard. Everything about it is shit, and you get told that every fucking time you post this thread. Just fucking face it you are garbage.
>>
>>28137874
Damn it. I imagined it'd be just a removed pokemon and behave normally.
>>
File: 1234567890.png (222KB, 356x780px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890.png
222KB, 356x780px
>>28137850
>>28136926
>furries
I wanted to go in blind into this game but furdesigns like these pull me away from it.
You can smell the Furryjizz from them.
>>
>>28137988
Most of the designs honestly aren't like that. If you want a challenging game and can laugh at the flaws, you'll have fun with uranium.

There are seriously one or two very autistic people in this thread who just keep shouting shill over and over again because the idea of someone besides Gamefreak making Pokemon triggers them.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (94KB, 213x292px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
94KB, 213x292px
>Watch final boss fight
>Ultimate form of final boss legitimately screams "I....AM.....BECOME.....DEATH"

You know, it's bad enough when games that don't take themselves seriously have memes, but when a game that takes itself seriously uses them, and at the height of its seriousness, that's how you KNOW it's shit.
>>
>>28136718
Why the fuck would I play a shitty fangame that does things like add terrible fakemon and an ocdonutsteal type? I'm wasting my time enough bitching in this thread, I'm not gonna waste more playing it
>>
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
what are you retarded
>>
>>28136718
I'm waiting for Pokemon Phoenix Rising and I'm not that starved for Pokemon games that I have to play every fangame that comes out. Since that's one of the only projects I don't reflexive cringe at the thought of existing.

That and Sage but we all know Sage won't be done, ever.
>>
File: i50tq781.png (33KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
i50tq781.png
33KB, 280x280px
This guy walks into the bar after taking out your dedicated Nuclear check and Hyper Voices your team's ass.

What do you do?
>>
>>28137064
>choose the clearly female one
>Always refered as they/their/them

Yeah fuck this forced SJW shit.
>>
I'm still playing it and got 4 badges, my honest opinion? The game is pretty decent, above the average I would say, fakemon are pretty hit and miss but at least 30~40% of them are between ok and great.

/vp/ mostly hates every fangame with fakemon (or that has a story that deviates too much from the official style) with exception of Sage.
I in fact agree that Sage has a more solid line up and will definitely be a better game in the future, but Uranium has it own cool things too, you can find it entertaining after the slow start (2 badges) that every pokemon game has.
>>
>>28138293
ethereal gates has 10x the amount of decent looking fakemon and without the writing that looks like a 13 year old did it
>>
>>28138027
That was not a meme, btw.
>>
>>28138309
>ethereal gates
I dont think that their fakemon are all that great, it's also very hit and miss, just saying.
>>
File: 1356520081728.png (160KB, 331x352px) Image search: [Google]
1356520081728.png
160KB, 331x352px
>>28137217
It's funny because I have this odd feeling that the posts raving about the game are mostly by the same person, simply because so many of the posts here share the same vocabulary and sentence structure.

Anyway the designs are absolutely putrid like holy shit.
>Good fakemon
>>
>>28137064
So why is it good exactly? You haven't said why it's good or why you personally found it enjoyable at all. You sound like a 14 year old.

I don't even care about the tumblrshit because I think it's silly to get upset about it too.
>>
>>28138027
"I am become death" is what Oppenheimer said after witnessing the test detonation of the first atomic bomb.

It's a historical quote, not a meme
>>
I liked Baariete and Terlard but that's about it. The entire fucking dex looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off of Pokemon, it's just terrible.
>>
>>28138277
>Ice Shard

Also while I do think most of the fakemon are meh at best, knowing this fuckbringer will never be real is killing me.
>>
>>28138027
>I am become death is a meme
Stay in school, kids.
>>
If it didn't hurt my head to play it I'd have more to say honestly. I don't think it's bad, but its so laggy on my computer for some reason that I can't play for more than like 30 minutes before having to stop.
>>
>>28138861

>>28136994
>>
>>28136718
>Good fakemon

Daikatuna
>>
>>28138534
It's funny because haters of this game act like the game just killed their families.

I haven't gotten too far because of the atrocious lag, but the game seems pretty solid.

>>28136790
It took nine years because it wasn't their job, dumbshit. They programmed the game entirely on their own free time. Also making games is time consuming, especially with a small inexperienced team.
>>
File: Anime.png (578KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
Anime.png
578KB, 1000x994px
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
>>
>>28136718
its rpg maker.
>>
>>28138277
If you paired this guy up with Ferrothorn on an offense team you'd be fucking unstoppable.
>>
>>28136745
you can catch a dunsparce right away and rollout the whole game. just gotta go to a center occasionally to renew it's PP. at level 42 or something it turns into a dragon fakemon
>>
>>28138277
switch in my other nuclear check
>>
>>28138281
you understand this is just them being lazy right? It's not sjw shit, it's just them cutting corners like they do throughout the entire game

if they want gendered pronouns they have to program in a word that appears as "he" if male and "she" if female. And "they" if you're el middle one.
>>
The game is a fan made one so you can't really shit on something people have done in their spare time and it is commendable and cool as fuck that they dedicated 9 years for the game. The difficulty level upped a bit is also good since Nintendo has been lowering Pokémon games difficulty down with every release.

That said, I don't play it because the fakemon sprites are fan made quality and my autism won't let me enjoy the game when I think the sprites are ugly.
>>
>>28138670
did he say it with the ellipses and all caps?
>>
>>28139633
>upped a bit
stuffing route 2 full of trainers with multiple level 12 pokemon isn't hard, it's mandatory grinding
>>
File: Actan.png (3KB, 165x164px) Image search: [Google]
Actan.png
3KB, 165x164px
If you see this post while scrolling the first page

You've been visited by "The Not Dragon of Time", eternal life will come to you but only if you post "I AM BECOME DEATH" in this thread
>>
>>28139324
>atrocious lag
>pretty solid

hmmm
>>
Never liked fan games with Fakemon, because every single one I found, including this one, had shit designs. I've seen this everywhere these days, so I guess I'll download later and give it a try.
>>
It's obvious shilling because
1) No other fangame has a thread like this every day.
2) The game is not so good.
3) Messages that support this game look like made by the same person.

I like hackroms and I have played plenty of them (with and without Fakemon), but I can't stand that someone advertises in 4chan the stuff they make to get attention.
>>
>>28136718
>3 genders
>>
>It took 10 years to make a game filled to the brim with memes, shitty sprite work and horrible animations (the ones that werent straight up stolen)
>>
>>28136926
Uranium, challenging? Ha!
Even Pokemon Full Moon is more challenging. Bitch, you don't know what's true challenge if that game is hard for you.
>>
File: 1439975434672.png (328KB, 532x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439975434672.png
328KB, 532x720px
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
>>
>>28136718
Well, the first point is debatable, but I will agree that the beta was challenging and fun, haven't gotten around to playing the full version yet.
>>
>>28138670
just because it happened doesn't mean it's not a meme
>>
>>28136718
>good fakemon

stopped reading right there.
>>
>>28139911
what the fuck is up with that thing's legs
>>
I can't play it because of how godawful the performance is

It just chugs all the fucking the time and I can't understand why
>>
>>28136718
Nucleon is broken. The game's performance is shit. The fakemon are all shit. The level curve is bonkers. The age up on the rival makes zero sense and is some of the most contrived character development I have ever seen. The custom sprites are all shit. This world design makes no sense. Why the fuck is there a freshwater lake right next to a goddamn ocean? The story is shit. The devs display such a juvenile understanding of nuclear physics while asking you to take them seriously that I suspect they both work for Bethesda. I could go on but I've already wasted too much time on this shit game.

>inb4 you didn't play it!
Pic related. On my way to the 8th gym. Keep in mind this team is massively underleveled while 2 of those mons are traded.
>>
>actually playing pokemon instead of shitposting about competitive all day
I found the problem
>>
>>28141794
>The devs display such a juvenile understanding of nuclear physics while asking you to take them seriously
This is one of the worst parts about it. Just because you passed chemistry in your freshman year of high school doesn't mean you should go around slapping the words "nuclear" and "radioactive" on everything
>>
>>28136718
>Good fakemon
you must be blind
>>
>>28142027
>The nuclear plant had a meltdown!
>Now the meltdown had a meltdown!
>And that meltdown had another meltdown!

And don't even start with the "technology" gym. Jesus H. Christ.
>>
Currently playing through it rn. Fun, but had a VERY rough start with the Grass starter.
>Defensive Pokémon means shit attack stat
>Only attacking move is Tacke
>Other starters either get Ember or Static ability

It was fucking impossible for me for a while. Once I got Dunsparce, things start getting easier.
>>
>>28136718
There are some decent fakemon. Frankly the sprite work doesn't do a lot of the weaker designs any favors. That's my biggest issue with the game. That and the fact that I can't seem to find a full pokedex online for the game and the designer decider to do away with a lot of the typical color conventions making figuring out pokemon types considerably more difficult by just appearance. At least in the early parts of the game, admittedly I didn't play super far.
>>
>>28138670
it is a meme, though. In the true sense of the word, not the "internet in-joke I saw on reddit" sense of the word. All oft-repeated quotations are memes.
>>
>>28136718
> Good fakemon

The entire dex is garbage
>>
>>28142646
>the entire dex is garbadors.
Ftfy
>>
>>28142076
Masterful writing.
>>
>>28136718
>good fakemon
Now you're lying, OP.
>>
>>28136718
>> Actually challenging

well it's more challenging than
ORAS but that's really not saying much.
>>
>>28136718

I appreciate the amount of effort put into it but I just have no interest in playing it. I only really like a couple of the fakemon and the spritework is a pretty major turnoff.

Also that nuclear type thing seems pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>28136926
but which pokegirl would u hug?
>>
>>28141794
ur gay as fuck dude
>>
File: 122s.png (978B, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
122s.png
978B, 80x80px
find a flaw
>>
Playing through it right now. If enough people are interested, I'm willing to restart to do a runthrough for /vp/. Some especially long routes can be tedious as fuck though
>>
>>28139324
>a small inexperienced team
And that shows.
The game looks like it was conceptualized, put together, and released by a bunch of amateurs.

It's not a good game. Period.
>>
>>28145353
ayy lmao
>>
>>28145353
Gardevoir's head
Empoleon's triton
Ayy lmao eyes.

Unoriginal and lazy.
>>
>>28140958
>playing literally Reborn's OC: the fanfic
>>
>>28145353
No shading. That thing looks like a cardboard cutout.
>>
>>28136718
oh man

this sprite is just.. eugh
it might even be the design itself
>>
>>28145353
ew
>>
File: 1471132985451.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1471132985451.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>28138019
>>
File: 1470453550601.jpg (24KB, 314x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470453550601.jpg
24KB, 314x267px
>>28138293
>>
File: 1469989240258.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469989240258.png
1MB, 600x800px
>>28139324
>>
File: 1471195537688.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471195537688.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>28139633
>>
File: 1470756131716.jpg (47KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
1470756131716.jpg
47KB, 500x597px
>>28140651
>>
File: 1470638291504.png (582KB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
1470638291504.png
582KB, 850x860px
>>28145294
>>
>3 gender options
>>
>>28137795
Sorry bro, I actually like a lot of them. Game is fun, laggy is my only complaint.
>>
File: 1470365679318.jpg (42KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470365679318.jpg
42KB, 540x360px
>>28149302
>>
>>28145353
disgusting

I think it's one of the worst designs.
And the sprite is bad, too. It has a strange shape, every part is glued with another... And the fin feets and the tail are a disaster.
>>
File: Dramabirb.png (569KB, 886x803px) Image search: [Google]
Dramabirb.png
569KB, 886x803px
Drama birb best birb
>>
>thank Arceus

They had some cool lore going on with their own legendaries and then ruin everything with this
>>
File: Screenshot_81.png (844KB, 853x479px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_81.png
844KB, 853x479px
>>28149738
IS THAT WHAT I T THINK IT IS?
>>
>>28136718
too bad it runs like shit
>>
>>28145508
still better than Uranium
>>
File: 1448807625708.jpg (67KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1448807625708.jpg
67KB, 500x461px
>scroll through the pokedex
>Devimp
>what the fuck they actually made a """demon""" pokemon the absolute madmen
>final form actually looks kind of cool
>only available from Victory road onwards

For what purpose
There's no good fire type aside that either
>>
File: download.jpg (93KB, 450x260px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
93KB, 450x260px
>>28136718
>good fakemon
>>
>>28137988
>>28137868
>>28137905
>people don't know what a Bugbear is
>>
>>28153590
phoenix bird is ok
>>
>>28154196
It's meh, I don't like it too much. Every other fire type looks awful except the demon line
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.