[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you create characters when you play through a Pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: 1472288021047.png (1MB, 2285x4912px) Image search: [Google]
1472288021047.png
1MB, 2285x4912px
So tell me, am I the only one who creates characters when I play Pokemon. I just can't name the trainer after myself and play through normally. I like to pick a different name every time and imagine them with a different personality each time. It just helps to give a bit of charm and personality to each game and generation. What do you think?
>>
>>28135884
When I played AS I played May as an asshole who verbally abuses Brandon at every oppurtunity
>>
I thought this was how you are meant to play
>>
>>28135884
Remake Red a faggot

Rosa a lesbian

Post author
>>
File: mvg58xrvky1s4jeb3o1_500.jpg (57KB, 402x335px) Image search: [Google]
mvg58xrvky1s4jeb3o1_500.jpg
57KB, 402x335px
When I played through Platinum I pretended that Dawn was a masochistic Pokephile
>>
File: tumblr_nyakdvIOY11rmtc6ao8_400.jpg (24KB, 297x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyakdvIOY11rmtc6ao8_400.jpg
24KB, 297x303px
>>28135955
>>
>>28135884
Somewhat. I do have preset names for both characters, but as far as personality goes, they vary. Like, a lot.
>>
>>28135884
Who's the gril at the top?
>>
>>28135884
I always use the canon names and I form their personalities from what the game gives me. Brendan's a bit shy and May's super hyperactive, for example.
>>
>>28136008
gen 1 blue/green/leaf
>>
>>28136008
Blue from Pokémon Adventures/Pocket Monsters Special. She also appears in Red/Green artworks from Sugimori.
>>
I'm glad there are actually people who don't just name their trainer their name and absent mindedly play through it. Glad some people put some thought into it.
>>
>>28136008
Green from the Pokemon Adventures
The artist seems to have used mostly the manga characters instead of the games ones, that's why Brendan look like a fag
>>
No but i totally would if the games did something as having dialog options.
>>
>>28135884
Who is the Tall Girl in Red and Tall Guy in Yellow?
>>
>>28135884
I'm an uncreative fuck who tries to play it like it's the "canon" playthrough.

I go wild with the Pokémon I use, though. Nothing will ever make me change that.
>>
>>28135884
>including go characters in an otherwise great picture
Cancer.
>>
>>28136176
The Pokémon Go protagonists.
>>
>>28136199
>>28136216
Why would they be there when none of the other characters from side games aren't in it like ranger etc?
>>
I give them a story but always name my character after my nickname.

When I was a kid I would make up dialogue in my head during each battle, like I was talking to my pokemon similar to how they do in the anime.

I still sometimes do it now but only if I'm playing a game I haven't played before.
>>
>>28136239
>artist who casually plays pokemon
>Pokemon Go recreates the craze
>Artist capitalizes on the current fad to throw out some art
>Includes all the protags, even the pre-redesigned ones
>>
>>28136176
Fuck you. Its pogo broaden your horizons
>>
>>28136279
>pogo

Worse than "sumo"
>>
I usually name my character after myself and find like a different reason why I'm there.
First few games I pretended I had always lived in the Pokemon world
Then I played it like I was in a dream-state the whole time
Then I played it like I was being forced to do these tasks/fight gyms

This time I'm going to play it like I have woke up on a "deserted island" and they're calling me by a different name and I'm just trying to survive on monster island
>>
>>28135884
Sometimes I do this. Sometimes I name it after me and self insert and by the end of the game its turned into a completely different character anyway
>>
File: 1460821505190.gif (2MB, 338x467px)
1460821505190.gif
2MB, 338x467px
>FR is deviantart tier badass
>Emerald is hyperactive newbie
>Pearl is a feisty heroine who can't get type matchups
>Platinum is a sadist
>HG is childlike little kid who can't stop thinking of food
>White is silent edgelord of true ambivalence
>White2 is girly girl
>X is know-it-all highschool girl who sucks at battling
>Y is a naive but kind foreigner
>VCRed is an ex-Rocket grunt trying to cover his tracks
>OR is hyperactive newbie 2.0
>AS is musician with head in the clouds
>>
>>28136257
>When I was a kid I would make up dialogue in my head during each battle, like I was talking to my pokemon similar to how they do in the anime.
>I still sometimes do it now but only if I'm playing a game I haven't played before.

I've actually started doing that again myself to liven up replays of games I've already run through a few times.

And maybe adding in a bunch of dialogue with my character, rivals, gym leaders and other notables.

Its autistic but fun.
>>
>>28136405
>its autistic but fun

That's Pokemon in a nutshell, friend. Don't act like you're autistic for trying to inject some personality into the protags, you're autistic for playing Pokemon in the first place, just like literally everyone else who does
>>
>>28136239
Artists always draw what is popular just to increse the clicks for their art.
>>
File: nice.png (162KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
162KB, 500x281px
>>28136400
>>28135955
my new headcanon is that Dawn practises hardcore s&m with her gf Cynthia
>>
>>28136468
You have a point there
>>
>>28136520
>Dawn discovers half way through her journey Sadism
>enjoys it thoroughly, prides herself as a domme
>Challenged Champion Cynthia who is alos a domme
>Dawn loses and become Cynthia's sub
>finds she enjoys masochism more

it just writes itself anon
>>
File: adventure rules.jpg (323KB, 971x496px)
adventure rules.jpg
323KB, 971x496px
Current Y self imposed challenge run characters

>MC is borderline pacifist who avoids every trainer and wild pokemon battle he can and is only really doing the gym challenge to make his pokemon happy
>Serena is a perfectionist who desperately wants to be liked but has no idea how to make friends and is all the more charming for it
>Shauna is an up and coming social engineer who is traveling for networking purposes
>Tierno is a dudebro frat boy
>Trevor is Dexter from Dexter's Lab

I like them a lot more this way
>>
>>28135884
my first and only time playing i went as my husbando
>>
I don't make a character up, I try and make it as close to myself as possible. I do monotypes because I believe that if you were an actual pokemon trainer you wouldn't be able to keep multiple types of pokemon due to financial reasons and how difficult it would be to train so many different types.

I also can't train pokemon that would be too difficult to train like dragon, ghost, poison, psychic etc. They type I mono also has to be relatable to my career.

So right now I'm doing a fairy mono because I'm a library tech student so bc fairy's are based off of literal fairytales and mythology it works.

So the possible types I can choose from are:
Normal
Grass
Electric
and Fairy
I know, my headcanon is pretty autistic.
>>
>>28136906
sound interesting i might give that a go
>financial reasons
>not beating everyones ass and becoming a rich mofo
come on fampai
>>
>>28137033
I kind mean that you wouldn't be able to supply the amount of food a Snorlax needs, or the gemstones a sable eye would eat, or the meat for dragons.

Like if you had a dragon, rock and normal pokemon like snorlax you would be dirt poor after a bit. Though I guess you could support, for example, 3 grass and 2 electric and one normal pokemon. So maybe in the future I might branch out from just doing a monotype.

But yeah I always try to be as realistic as possible in games. I don't know why.
>>
This thread is actually super interesting seeing how playthroughs differ so much.
>>
I always thought people just play as themselves and use the pokemon they like, I had no idea people self apply all these rules
>>
>>28137593
I thought this as well and that I was just the odd one out, so this thread is kinda nice to be honest.
>>
>>28136887
You only played one pokemon game? Why, friend?
>>
My playthrough of Y right now consists of all unevolved mons or ones who can't evolve. The trainer is supposed to be a breeder who got attached to his bros and won't let them evolve.

The "starter" was Dedenne and the rest of the team is Inkay, Bunnelby, Phantump, Bergmite and Hawlucha.
>>
>Red was a silent but happy trainer that only wanted to be strong
>Gold was your happy go-lucky guy that's excited by almost everything
>Ruby/Sapphire were the 'fish out of water' type of trainer that wasn't too much of a Hoenn fan, but eventually grow to like it
>Leaf was the chatterbox that wouldn't stop talking about how much she did in her journey
>Diamond/Dawn were bitter fucks that just wanted to beat their rival to just make him shut up for a second
>Black was a loud speaker that wanted to fill up the Pokedex and bang Bianca (muh shipz)
>Mei was looking for Black because he was her hero and wanted to learn from him
>Serena just wanted to become stronger to rub it on her rivals faces and make them pursue something that's actually useful (YEAH, FUCK YOU AND YOUR DANCING, TIERNO)

I pictured the same characters from RSE in ORAS, so yeah, and I think Sun(?)/Luna will be like that as well
>>
>>28136906
Actually I'm narrowing or adding to the list of types can use. Like I said I'm a library technician and the types have to be realistic to my job (so no dragons or steel mons because they're large and pretty violent).

My only must have is Fairy type because of the lore and what they're based on (they're also pretty tiny and generally nice). Any opinions, Anons?
>>
>>28139636
I gotta say, that sounds like an awful lot of work that could get potentially boring, but it's pretty admirable that you have so much conviction to making your playthrough as realistic and as definitively you as possible.

I could imagine some water Pokemon would be okay, mostly docile pond dwellers for example, or some reasonable bug and ground types, since they don't seem too extreme.
>>
>>28135955
bueno
>>
>>28139798
Thank you for your input, anon. Maybe I'll go through some all the types and make a list of some pokemon that I could more realistically use if I feel like things are getting too boring.
>>
>>28138495
never had the games
wasnt until my friend found out i never played 2 years back that she forced her own one on me, and i loved it
>>
>>28141219
Aww that's so sweet. Are you planning on getting sun/moon?
>>
>>28139636
a worm obviously, Whismur would be fitting
>>
File: HNI_0059.jpg (11KB, 250x250px)
HNI_0059.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>28135915
>Rosa a lesbian

brother

Only time I've ever actually made some headcanon.
>>
File: 1471118709116.gif (63KB, 600x600px)
1471118709116.gif
63KB, 600x600px
>>28141305
sure (will have to pick one), and any other game i can get/borrow
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 1006x1147px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 1006x1147px
>>28135884
Why are Nate and Rosa so gay?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.