[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which type of starters have the weakest line up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: Fire.gif (312KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.gif
312KB, 500x300px
And why is it the fire starters?
>>
>>28135746
>Charizard
>Typhlosion
Yeah, definitely the weakest. The repeating Fighting type doesn't help it much.
>>
>>28135746
>why is it the fire starters

Stealth rock.
>>
>>28135746
>charizard
>typhlosion
>Emboar

>weak

I don't think so tim
>>
>>28135801
I meant as in design wise
>>
>>28135746
I wouldn't say the fire types since grass us overall a worse type and water types are usually overshadowed by the huge diversity of their type. Also fire/fighting is a kuck ass type combo.
>>
>>28135746
Emboar and delphox really bring fires down and if luchalitten is real (whichbit most likely is) he sucks too
Infernape isn't bad but not great (he's the best choice in gen 4, even though I like Torterra better)
Typhlosion and charizard are cool not the best in their trio but cool
And all the gen 3 starters are great
Comparing that to aome of the other types Water seems to be the most consistantly good designs
And grass seems to either be the best or the worst with not much middle ground
>>
>>28135763
>half of them take neutral damage from it

ok
>>
>>28135746
Agreed. I like Charizard and Delphox, but the rest are either boring or plain ugly. Fire was my favorite type as a kid too.
Water starters are the best, only one I don't like is Samurott
>>
>>28135746
Is there an image like that for the other types?
>>
Water starters are the most consistent imo. Aside from Samurott and now Poppmaid, they've all been pretty good imo.

Grass starters are very hit or miss for me. Sceptile and Torterra are great, and Robinroot is okay, but the rest suck hard.

Fire has been bottom of the barrel the last three generations in a row (including Littenlucha), but Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape are all pretty great desu.

Water > Fire > Grass overall imo.
>>
File: Grass.gif (314KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Grass.gif
314KB, 500x300px
>>28135948
>>
>>28135746
But Charizard has at least one canon Pokemon league win
>>
File: Water.gif (276KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Water.gif
276KB, 500x300px
>>28135969
>>28135948
>>
1.my hairy balls
2. The sweat on my hairy balls
3. The stuff leaking out of my hairy balls
4. My little dick
5. My dirty butt plug
6. My black man sized dildo
>>
>>28135746
>great, good, great, bad, awful, shit
guess you are right, half the fire starters are shit mons
>>
It's impossible for fire or water starters to have the weakest lineup as long as Shitnaught exists.
>>
>>28135746
Typhlosion, Emboar and Delphox cannot bring down the other 3's wild success, sorry. Charizard is one of the most dangerous and unpredictable pokemon in OU right now, Blaziken is the first starter to be Uber and unlike Greninja is likely to stay that way forever, and Infernape has perfectly distributed stats with a bullshit Mew-like movepool, a level of versatility no other starter can even dream of.

Fire starters got their BEST status handed to them on a silver platter.
>>
>>28135746
Because not a single one can take a hit without exploding gruesomely cuz they're more fragile than a cracked thin as shit glass egg
Other than that half of them are cool
>>
With Gen 7 comes the sad fact that you can never have a team with all the starters of the same type.
Assuming the Leak is real, which one fo you drop for each type?

For me it's Meganium, Delphox and the mermaid
>>
>>28135746
they try too hard to look cool, which just ends up with dull and boring designs.
>>
>>28135746
amazing: Charizard, Typhlosion
good: Blaziken
bad: Infernape, Emboar
irredeemable shit: Delphox
2.5/6
>>28135969
great: Sceptile, Torterra
good: Venusaur, Chesnaught
bad: Meganium
irredeemable shit: Serperior
4/6
>>28135987
great: Feraligatr, Blastoise, Greninja
good: Empoleon, Swampert
shit: Samurott
5/6

yep, only fire types are shit
>>
>>28135969
>>28135987
Thanks. Feraligatr looks kinda ugly too, so I guess Grass starters are the less shitty group.
>>
>>28135746
Design wise charizard is shit.

Typhlosion was better

Blaziken was awesome

Infernape and emboar were both low tier

Gen 6 whose name evades me was cool because it wasn't fighting type for once.

Honestly I feel that grass has the worst looks, besides gen 1-2 and 6

Water has been consistently cool besides gen 5
>>
>>28136311
Grass starters include Chesnaught. It's automatically the shittiest group of starters by default.
>>
>>28136303
Typhlosion and Delphox should be trying a fuck of a lot harder imo.
>>
>>28136292
Meganium, Typhlosion and Blastoise

Meganium is just trash, Typhlosion has a pitiful moveset even compared to some of the others, and Blastoise just because he's kinda boring when most of the others have neat dual typings.
>>
>>28136332
Im so sorry to hear ahout your taste.
>>
File: nng.png (206KB, 311x420px) Image search: [Google]
nng.png
206KB, 311x420px
>>28135746
Infernape = Blaziken > Charizard >>> Emboar > Typhlosion >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Delphox

>>28135969
Serperior > Sceptile = Chesnaught >>>>> Torterra > Venusaur > >>>>>>>Garbage >>>>>>> Meganium

>>28135987
Greninja >> Feraligatr >>>>>>> Samurott > Empoleon >>> Blastoise = Swampert
>>
>>28136377
Of them i probably like typhlosion the most, but it's still not very good.
>>
File: 1461376275204.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1461376275204.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>28136331
>Design wise charizard is shit.
If you didn't know how many other people love Charizard, you'd be saying the exact opposite of this you hipster trash.
>>
>>28135987
Probably best group
>>28135969
Also great, weighed down by Meganium
>>28135746
Still good but weighed down by the designs of the first two, and 3 of them being fighting type even if they're still good designs
>>
>>28136332
I've never used it, but it doesn't look bad to me. All gen 6 starters are really solid designs. The worst group is gen 2.

My top 5 worst starters ever:
1.Typhlosion
2. Samurott
3. Venusaur
4. Feraligatr
5. Blaziken
>>
Charizard - genwunner pandering has made everyone loathe it
Typhlosion - pls gibe anything but fire moves
Blaziken - okay
Infernape - okay but did we need two part Fighting types in a row?
Emboar - now you're being silly
Delphox - hey lets make a wizard pokemon and then give it no moves
>>
>>28136382
So basically you don't like pure type Pokemon, you just like dual types
>>
>>28136292
Popplio, Snivy, Fennekin lines will never be used on any of my teams if the leak is true. Every other starter I can tolerate for composition
>>
>>28135746
Infernape really pisses me off, for the Sun Wukong theme it could have done much better. It should have been mono fire-type with levitate instead of a shittier Blaziken
>>
Man... Every single starter's final evolution looks like shit to me now.

I can't even say I like a single one. When I was a kid they didn't look so trash but now.... Jesus fuck they're all so bad.

I like loads of unevolved forms though. All the Gen 1 starters, Cyndaquil and Totodile, Mudkip and Treecko, Piplup and Turtwig are sweet, and Froakie is cool too.

But every single final evolution is fucking awful
>>
>>28136429
You don't like girly things, anon? I'm so sorry

>>28136292
I would drop Typhlosion, Samurott and Meganium or Venusaur. But in reality I wouldn't use Feraligatr or Blaziken either, so I guess I would do a 5 Starter run
>>
>>28136409
Charizard, literally a dragon. Acts like a dragon. Fire breathing. 2 dumb skin horns, not even actual horns, same color as his bright orange skin.

Tiny T-Rex arms. And tiny ass wings with green or blue for some reason.

Then stupid stubby fat legs and a beer belly.

At least dragonite is fat all over. Charizard has a fat belly, skinny arms, neck, and looks stupid, no consistency.

The only part of charizard I like. Is that his fail has a little flame on it, without that charizard would just be a generic "this is what a dragon looks like" concept art.

So no, charizard is shit. Design wise.

And then, forever later gf was like. Fuck it lets make him a dragon like we should have.
>>
>>28136510
Well for its entire generation, it was a BETTER Blaziken. It's funny remembering how much that bothered everyone who loved Blaziken. I guess they got the last laugh though.
>>
>>28136566
>His tail
Damnit i missed that

But still, charizard was crap. Venusaur and blastoise were better.

Just because he is popular doesn't mean he doesn't have problems. I guess most hipster trash >>28136409
forgot that when he was too busy giving him a tongue bath.
>>
>>28136524
Seems to me you just started favoring cuter pokemon. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1MB, 371x209px
Why does everyone hate Samurott?
>>
Rated for their own gens, the best starters are Swampert, Infernape, and Greninja
>>
>>28136748
That's because they're angry chesnaughtfags who can't accept the facts that chesnaught is the worst starter.
>>
>>28136695
Hmm you may be right. I'm inclined to say it's more that overdesign and smushing mine conceptual directions into a single Pokemon is impossible to do at the Stage 0 level; and by Stage 2 Gamefreak is always trying to appeal to a handful of archetypal players at once on multiple fields. I like things that are simple and reserved, and there's a fine line between boring and reserved. Typhlosion is boring, for example. Too smooth, no reason to be bi pedal, no reason for the flames on its back to be in that collar shape, just weird design. Then you have shitters like Trident-Face the doily-breasted not-Ice penguin, or the banana peel snake with ornamental bullshit drawn all over it...

I guess there's an overlap between cutemons and simple reservation.
>>
File: baited in bed.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
baited in bed.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>28136767
>No liking Chesnaught and Samurott
>Automatically assuming people who like the starter you hate hate the starter you like
>>
In 20 years I have never picked one of the fire-type starters. Gen 7 comes along and introduces Litten but I still wont be picking it.

Fire-type starters are terrible. They are bland. They are crappy in battle. They attract the worst fanbases.
>>
>>28135746
Typhlosion and Charizard have the same base stats, and height.
It might be nitpicking but come on
>>
File: Wottergate summary.png (61KB, 794x757px) Image search: [Google]
Wottergate summary.png
61KB, 794x757px
>>28136748

>Oshawott shaping up to be an amazing samurai with potential Fighting type
>Designer gets artist's block
>We end up with a quadrupedal sea lion instead

If you think the leaks are bad, you can't even begin to grasp just how nasty the BW starter shitstorm was. It was a time when we were actually optimistic about starters.
>>
>>28136828
Fire's honestly just a boring type to use.
>>
>>28136305
I agree with almost everything, but I think that feraligart looks like shit.
>>
>>28136767
Why are you so autistic?
>>
>>28135746
Fire: Mega Charizard Y & Mega Blaziken are dumb, Typhlosion was cool until they fucked up the model, Infernape is dumb, Delphox is weird. I stand by Emboar.

Water: Mega Blastoise, Feraligatr, Swampert, and Empoleon are all fucking terrible

Grass: Meganium is the weakest of them all and its still not that bad. Chesnaught, Serperior, and Mega Sceptile are some great designs

Grass > Fire > Water
>>
>>28136292
Sexist
>>
>>28137211
It's too bad grass starters are the worst every fucking gen except V...
>>
>>28135746
GOD Tier: Blaziken
Good tier: Typhlosion, Infernape, Luchalitten
Okay tier: Delphox
Shit tier: Charizard, Emboar

>>28135969
GOD Tier: Sceptile
Good Tier: Servine, Torterra, Roothoot
Okay tier: Chesnaught, Venasaur, Meganium
Shit Tier: none

>>28135987
GOD Tier: Empoleon, Swampert
Good Tier: Samurott, Blastoise, Greninja
Okay Tier: Poppmaid, Feraligatr
Shit Tier: none

Water wins, Fire loses
>>
>>28136292
Emboar, Chrsnaught, and I guess Samurott unless Poppmaid is real. I don't even dislike Samurott though
>>
>>28137308
>Shit tier: Charizard

Surprised your favorite Pokemon isn't Serperior you fucking contrarian.
>>
>>28137546
>if you hate charizard you're a contrarian

it's a bottom of the barrel design that only 7 year olds would like
>>
>>28137546
He thinks all three Hoenn starters are "GOD Tier", so there's that.

Also
>Venasaur
>a
>>
>>28137575
>it's a bottom of the barrel design that only 7 year olds would like

Literally more people like Charizard's design than almost any other Pokemon. But only 7 year olds would like it, right?
>>
File: wow.jpg (13KB, 201x206px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
13KB, 201x206px
>>28137598
It's almost like they were 7 when they played Red!
>>
>>28137644
Wow! I wasn't aware that the majority of all Pokemon fans were 27.
>>
I actually don't like more of the Water starters than the others. Feraligatr is neat, but I like Kingdra more. Swampert never appealed to me, Samurott is bland as heck, and Greninja never did it for me either.
>>
>>28137693
Red, Firered, same deal. Either way it's the choice people pick when they have zero originality so they just pick the pseudodragon.
>>
>>28137733
Your reasoning is completely retarded. You are so salty over Charizards popularity.
>>
>>28137733
>if you like this Pokemon, you have zero originality!
>if you like something now, it's because of your taste from when you were 7!
>everyone who likes Charizard has the taste of a 7 year old!

And yet it's the second most popular and beloved Pokemon of all time. Really makes you think.
>>
>>28137772
There are plenty of reasons to hate it. If it's not the yawn inducing design, it's the obsessive fanboys that cant imagine there are people that don't think highly of it, or the fact that it's frankly pretty boring to use.

As well as a bunch of other reasons, but you'll just say "you just hate it because it's popular"
>>
>>28137872
Since we were strictly talking about it's design, how "obsessive fanboys" act over it or that you think it's boring to use (compared to what, I don't know) are non-arguments.

Now, you think it has a "yawn inducing design", that's one thing. But that's your subjective opinion that most people do not share. I'm sorry, but your own minority opinion doesn't make something a fact.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean "only people with the taste of a 7 year old like it". That's just you being a contrarian bitch about it other people liking something you don't like.
>>
>>28137955
>That's just you being a contrarian bitch about it other people liking something you don't like.

See, i can't ever dislike a design that's popular without being a contrarian according to you guys. I didn't like it before the huge push it got, but overexposure is enough to turn some people off to it, and it sure didn't make my opinion of Charizard any better. If that makes me a contrarian bitch, good.
>>
>>28138028
You can dislike something that's popular, but acting the way you do about it makes you come off exactly like a little contrarian bitch.

>my highly unpopular opinion is fact and it's better than the majority
>you're a child if you disagree with me

That is your problem.
>>
>>28135746
https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw
I am firestarter
>>
>>28135835
>cuck ass combo

freudian slip there?
>>
>>28138091
Alright fine, let me reword what i said earlier.

Charizard, to me, looks as if it was designed to appeal to 7 year olds, because of fire and dragons. It's not the only pokemon like that, not at all, but it's among the first people will see, due to being a starter. You can like it all you want but you'll have to accept there are people that either don't like it or just flat out hate it.

Besides, i never said my opinion was fact.
>>
>>28137546
Wrinkly faced giraffe necked pot belly dragon wannabe isn't a good design for a Pokemon.
>>
>>28138209
>>28138209
>Charizard, to me, looks as if it was designed to appeal to 7 year olds, because of fire and dragons.

Every single Pokemon was design to appeal to children.

Every. Single. One.
>>
>>28135835
You mean cluck
>>
>>28136767
Chesnaughtfag here, I don't see what that has to do with it. Samurott seems cool.
>>
>>28135746
Like Charizard, Infernape, Typhlosion, Blaziken
Meh on Delphox
Bleh on Emboar
>>28135969
Like Sceptile, Serperior, Chesnaught
Bleh for the rest
>>28135987
Like Feraligatr and Greninja
Ok with Samurott
Bleh on the rest
>>
>>28136748
I like Samurott just fine, but I seem to be in a minority of fans who like both Pokemon and Digimon, and therefore either don't mind or actively enjoy the more digi-esque mons. Samurott just looks like an ult for the Oshawott line.
>>
>>28135746
Fire types in general are relatively rare compared to Water or Grass.

For that reason the latter two tend to overcompenate in terms of movesets while Fire tends to be on par with regular pokemon that share the same typing.
>>
>>28135987
That Blastoice 3D model is absolute trash. It is beyond redemption.
>>
File: 1471927392126.png (399KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471927392126.png
399KB, 1280x800px
>>28135746
Typhlosion > infernape > delphox > charizard > blaziken > emboar

>>28135969
Torterra > meganium > sceptile > venusaur > serperior > chesnaught

>>28135987
Samurott > blastoise > feraligatr > empoleon > swampert > greninja
>>
File: 1243953605241.jpg (80KB, 587x648px) Image search: [Google]
1243953605241.jpg
80KB, 587x648px
I hadn't thought about rating starters based on their types instead of their gens, but now that i look at
>>28135746
>>28135969
and
>>28135987

I think i'm leaning more towards water being best overall. Which is strange because i thought i disliked water.

Fire:

>Great
Infernape
>Good
Charizard, maybe Blaziken
>Meh
Emboar, Typhlosio, Delphox

Grass
>Great
Torterra
>Good
Sceptile, Venusaur, MAYBE Chesnaught
>Meh
Serperior, Meganium

Water
>Great
Empoleon, Greninja
>Good
Swampert, Feraligatr
>Meh
Blastoise, Samurott
>>
>>28135909
>those Pokémon are of the same type
>>
File: 1423077913453.jpg (74KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1423077913453.jpg
74KB, 1000x563px
>>28137801
That doesn't mean a thing. Popularity doesn't dictate quality and neither does it dicatate the lack of it.

As redundant at it may sound, Charizard is Charizard. It's not at all an awe-inspiring design, but it isn't a bad one either. It is for the most part safe, simple and easy to like; but nothing about it is truly special.
>>
File: comparsion.jpg (167KB, 1159x398px) Image search: [Google]
comparsion.jpg
167KB, 1159x398px
>>28136916
>We end up with a quadrupedal sea lion instead
Weird how people see Samurott as a sea lion when it still looks like an otter.
>>
This is a good a thread as any to ask, what nicknames did you give your starters?

I named my Blaziken Sriracha and my Emboar Tabasco, not sure what I want to name my Infernape.
>>
>>28143583
Just name him " Best"
>>
>>28143583
Name him Goukazaru

Seriously one of the best Japanese names and we get stuck with Infernape
>>
>>28136916
>Being such a fucking moron to think something with FOUR LEGS is a sea lion
>>
>>28143583

I've only really ever nicknamed two of my starters. The gen VI ones actually.

My Greninja is named Amaki, after Kamen Rider Amaki.

My Sceptile is named Souji after KyoruGreen because I think his actor looks like a lizard.

Probably going to name my Rowlett Ollie.
>>
>>28135746
Charizard>Infernape>Emboar>Blaziken>Delphox>Typhlosion

>>28135969
Serperior>Venusaur>Sceptile>Torterra>Chesnaught>Meganium

>>28135987
Feraligatr>Greninja> Swampert>Empoleon>Samurott> Blastoise
>>
>>28135746

Why do people hate Chestnaught when Delphic is irredeemable shit?
>>
>>28144381
chestnaught looks like he is in a full body cast after being dragged out of a car wreck.
>>
FIRE:

Charizard → Delphox → Typhlosion → Infernape → Emboar → Blaziken

GRASS

Meganium → Venusaur → Serperior → Chesnaught → Sceptile → Torterra

WATER
Blastoise → Empoleon → Feraligatr → Greninja → Swampert → Samurott
>>
>>28135746
Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken > Emboar > Infernape > Delphox

Sceptile > Serperior > Venusaur > Meganium > Torterra > Chestnaught

Swampert > Feraligatr > Samurott > Greninja > Blastoise > Empoleon
>>
FIRE:

Charizard → Delphox → Typhlosion → Infernape → Emboar → Blaziken

GRASS

Meganium → Venusaur → Serperior → Chesnaught → Sceptile → Torterra

WATER
Blastoise → Empoleon → Feraligatr → Greninja → Swampert → Samurott
>>
>>28144509

Nah. Chesnaught a bro.

He looks like a big bulky knight in a cool poncho.
>>
>>28144509
>chestnaught looks like he is in a full body cast after being dragged out of a car wreck.
And Delphox looks like he's fresh out of that wreck and still needs the medical attention that led to the cast.
>>
Charizard, Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, Braixen.
Rest are contrarian pleb taste.
>>
>>28135746

Delphox > Emboar > Infernape > Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken

Serperior > Chesnaught > Venusaur > Sceptile > Meganium > Torterra

Samurott > Swampert > Empoleon > Feraligatr > Blastoise > Greninja
>>
Typhlosion - Charizard - Blaziken - Infernape - Emboar - Delphox

Torterra - Serperior - Meganium - Venusaur - Sceptile - Chesnaught

Greninja - Feraligatr - Blastoise - Swampert - Samurott - Empoleon

Fight me, VP
>>
>>28136305
I gotta disagree with you on a few points.

> amazing: Charizard [Good]
> bad: Emboar [Shit]
> good: Chesnaught [Bad]
> irredeemable shit: Serperior [Good]
> shit: Samurott [Good]

Other than that, I agree.
>>
>>28136603
Yeah, I love Infernape so I'm pretty salty that the chicken became a god while the damn Monkey King got stuck with a hidden ability that doesn't even work with his signature fighting move.

Why doesn't Iron Fist boost Close Combat?! It's animation even shows a tons of fists!
>>
>>28135746
Funny how the fire type starters retroactively became mammalian dominated
>>
We can all agree that Grass is the best because it has Sceptile
>>
>>28135746
Infernape > Typhlosion > Delphox > Blaziken > Emboar >>>> Charizard

Serperior > Sceptile > Torterra > Venusaur > Chesnaught >>>>> Meganium

Empoleon > Greninja > Swampert > Blastoise > Feraligatr >>>>>Samurott

Overall I'd say Water had the best starters, with Samurott being the only water starter I don't care for.
>>
>>28135756
>sneaky pebbles
>outclassed
Very good Pokémon.
>>
File: 1434511262775.gif (2MB, 375x209px) Image search: [Google]
1434511262775.gif
2MB, 375x209px
>Someone ITT unironically posted a ranking that had Samurott sitting in first place out of all the water starters

It was kinda funny as bait the first time i saw it until i notice it happened more than once here.
>>
>blazikin
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.