[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Case 3: Phantom and the Rose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 23

File: pokenoire 3-1.jpg (202KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-1.jpg
202KB, 914x614px
PREVIOUSLY ON DETECTIVE GUMSHOOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h23V0v158os

Cold iron bars. never thought i'd find myself on this side of em'. But when you go and do somethin' er.. un-gentleman-like, it's where they throw ya to rot.

I muster enough strength to sit up and rub my head. sound of jingling metal rings in my ears, Handcuffs. And not those cheap labor kinds, the heavy duty ones reserved for the real lawbreakers.

Must've taken harder blows then I remember. in fact, what even happened to me? Then it hits me like a train outta the subway. Right. I beat a punk into submission. No way that looked good with the force watchin'.

Rescue a dame and whats it get ya? Time in the slammer that's what. Ol' zone is already red behind the magnets about me already, can't imagine this'll do me any favors.

I reach into my pouch and take out the small emblem from before, "Just what are these punks playin' at.."

PS: Sorry about the long wait guys, Internet got knocked out for two weeks, so while we're a bit behind on schedule, We're going to make it up with an extra long adventure this time! So! Stay tuned for this week's thriller: Case 3: Phantom and The Rose!
>>
File: gumshoosscreencap.jpg (2MB, 1496x3712px) Image search: [Google]
gumshoosscreencap.jpg
2MB, 1496x3712px
Recap Case 1:
>>
File: gumshoosscreencap2.png (657KB, 1488x3360px) Image search: [Google]
gumshoosscreencap2.png
657KB, 1488x3360px
>>28134124
Recap Case 2
>>
File: pokenoire 3-2.jpg (214KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-2.jpg
214KB, 914x614px
"Well well, look who decided to wake up kehehe, enjoying your new home copper?"

That voice. A voice that screwed up can only belong to a bat just as screwy. At i ain't talking no zubat. Jack the Kanto Cutthroat. Locked' im behind bars back in case one, Guess he doesn't seem to buddy-buddy after i blew his operation wide open. Lowest of the low, and here I am playin' neighbor in the cell next door.

"Mornin' Jacky-boy. guess we're roomates for the time being."

I.

A. Ask him how prison has been treating him
B. Mock him
C. Don't bother
>>
C. Wouldn't this be more at home in >>>/qst/ ?
>>
>>28134149
C
>>
>>28134149
B

>>28134231
If Not Questy, Nate and other CYOAs go on here, I don't see why this would be an issue.
>>
File: pokenoire 3-3 (2).jpg (208KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-3 (2).jpg
208KB, 914x614px
>>28134231
>>28134263

I scoff and simply turn away. I've got nothing to say to scum like him.

"Aw yeah, it's been great copper, real swell, you'll LOVE it here, three square meals a day, good friends, nice guests- WHATTYA THINK WISE GUY?!" A claw stretches through the bars in response. "Don't think this is ovah, when I get out of here, your head is mine!" Good ol' Jack. Never changes.

Before I can give another of my signature sarcastic jabs, I'm interrupted as the sound of jingling echoes down the hall. guard comes wandering by and next thing I know my cell door is unlocked and opened. "Gumshoos, Out. Commissioner Zone has requested to see you." Great. looks like my suffering aint quite over just yet.

"Hey jacky-boy, if ya behave yourself maybe you'll get out early for model behavior!"

"Oh REAL funny copper, you think you're tough now, but jes' you wait, I'm gonna get outta here, and when I do, I'm gonna get bigger' an better then ever and I'll be gunnin' for YOU! MARK MY WORDS COPPER! BIGGER. AND BETTER!"

I can hear his angry howls echo down the hall as we get further and further from the prison doors. I take pride in my work for those few moments before getting upstairs to the comissioners office. the heavy wood doors open as i'm ushered in still cleft in irons. standin' before me is the ol' blowhard himself.

"Gumshoos. 'Ave a seat."

I sit in silence. neither one of us makes a sound.

Guess i'd better break the ice, I say:

A. A serious apology
B. A bad joke
C. A defensive plea
>>
>>28134341
A
>>
File: pokenoire 3-5.jpg (168KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-5.jpg
168KB, 914x614px
>>28134496

"An apology?! Ya seriously think that's gonna work after last time?!"

That didn't go well, I can already see his rage building.

"YA BEAT DOWN A COUPLE' A PUNKS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION, AND HOSPITALIZED EM. YOU ARE NOT THE POLICE GUMSHOOS. IN FACT, DID YOU FORGET WHO HAS YOUR BADGE?!"

I wince at the loud thump as its slammed down on the desk infront of me.Shimmering gold soon lost its luster wasted on a bad cop like me.

"WHAT, NO RESPONSE? WELL THEN, I TAKE GREAT PLEASURE IN SAYING THIS DETECTIVE, SO OPEN THOSE EARS. YER OFF THE FOR-"
"COMMISSIONER ZONE, BREAKING NEWS!"

Saved by the bell, Officer Magneton comes bursting in all frantic with today's read.

"WHAT IS IT?! CANT YOU SEE I'M TRYIN' TO FIRE SOMEONE HERE?!"
"B-BUT COMMISSIONER! LOOK!"

"mumble mumble grumble"

I watch as he takes the newspaper from the officer. his eye narrows on the headliner-
>>
File: pokenoire 3-6.jpg (153KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-6.jpg
153KB, 914x614px
>>28134614

"Phantom Thief Rose to Steal the Priceless "Valor" exhibit at the museum of Art and History?" "WHAT IS THIS? SOME KINDA' JOKE?!"
"N-no sir, it's real alright, they sent a calling card and everything!"
"A CALLIN' CARD? YOU IDIOT, IT'S SOME PUNK KIDS PLAYIN' A PRANK. PHANTOM THIEF, NO SUCH TING. BAH."
"I GOT REAL WORK TO TAKE CARE OF, NOT DEAL WITH SOME STUPID KIDS-"
"...."

That massive eye suddenly fixed on me with a lock on, if the commish' had teeth he'd be grinning like a madman. I don't like it.

"Say.. Gumshoos. Maaybe i was a bit hard on ya, Tell ya what, Hows about you go and capture this so-called "Phantom thief" and i'll give you back your badge? Buh hah hahahha" That metallic chortle of his fills the room. Metal sound, can already feel my guard lowerin'.

Phantom thief, huh..

I.

A. Agree to capture the thief
B. Tell him off
C. Ask for your gun back
>>
A
>>
>>28134624
B
fuck that faggot
>>
>>28134624
A because of common sense.
>>
File: pokenoire 3-7.jpg (189KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-7.jpg
189KB, 914x614px
>>28134624
>>28134776

Don't got much of a choice. I don't like wasting my time on a farce, but if it gets my badge back, It's all i've got.

"Alright. I'll investigate. what do I have to do?"

The commisioner rolls back from his roaring laughter and stares me down. "Oh, listenin' to orders now are we? Well alright. Ya get yer old team back for the night, I want ya to take em and stakeout, make sure no funny business goes, on, and If I so much as hear about you Actin' out of line, you'll be back behind bars before ya know it, make myself clear?!"

"Crystal."

My old team huh, well thats a start. Sounds like i'll be on another stakeout for the night, my specialty.

I decide to leave the offices and head back home for the day. get some real sleep in something more comfortable then a prison bed.

That nameless syndicate, and that emblem they all wear. If I'm gonna investigate any further, I need my credentials back. No more loose cannon, Tonight I go by the books.
>>
File: pokenoire 3-8.jpg (224KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-8.jpg
224KB, 914x614px
>>28134798

Night falls, I head on over to the museum of Art and History, swanky place. Usually a place where the rich and pompous gather, Never had an eye for art myself, but justice? That's me down pat.

"Phantom thief." The very words make me shake my head. "aint no such thing."

"Detective Gumshoos, Perimiter is set up!"

A squad of magneton float on by. seems like the police have the whole area cordoned off, just as a precaution. No way a kid could get in with this much security. "Good work, keep an eye on the prize." "Yes sir!"

Somethin' don't add up though. Why all this effort? Why announce the crime? Nah, maybe it is as the commish said, a harmless prank.. Lowsy kids.

I need to clear my head an go for a walk, I should:

A. Walk around the complex
B. Check on the Exhibit
C. Continue the stakeout
>>
>>28134811
B
>>
>>28134811
B
>>
File: pokenoire 3-9.jpg (260KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-9.jpg
260KB, 914x614px
>>28134828
>>28134829

Maybe it's best I check out the exhibit myself. Can't trust rookies these days.

I take a stroll inside past the police baracades and let myself in. Three guards standing at their posts, and right there gleaming in the moonlight, "Valor" Dunno much about stones and gems, but this one's said to contain some kinda special power. It's all mumbo jumbo to attract tourists of course, and I guess it works, seein' as the exhibit's been all over the news.

Well, Doesn't look like any problems here. Guess I should jus-

"GOOD EVENING, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN"

Wha? Who the-

"TONIGHT, I SHALL DAZZLE, AND AMAZE, AS I ABSCOND WITH THE ONE AND ONLY JEWEL OF VALOR BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES!"

Damn, Don't know whats goin' on, but sounds like it wasn't a prank after all, The jewel!

I:

A. Rush to protect the jewel
B. Stay and watch
C. Call for backup
>>
>>28134890

B
>>
>>28134890
B or C.
>>
>>28134890
B
>>
File: pokenoire 3-10.jpg (141KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-10.jpg
141KB, 914x614px
>>28134932
>>28134947

Nah, thats what he wants. I decide to stay put and study the room, no signs of em, then I see it, a white shadow drops from the glass above, and a blinding display of light and petals explodes before me, Out of instinct I shield my eyes.

"D-damn it!"

I shrug off the stinging in my eyes and stare at the elegant figure standing before me, jewel in hand. The so called "Phantom thief"

"Salutations inspector!, I hope the performance has inspired, and amazed! But i'm afraid I'll be taking the jewel of valor, You see,i'm on a strict schedule tonight."

"W-wait! Hold it right there you fashionable freak! you're not going anywhere!" I scream out, my backup arrives just on time.

"Zut Alors, Didn't I tell you I was short on time? If you so wish, you're free to give chase, but i'm afraid you simply won't catch me."

The masked figure gives a bow and like magic, Leaps back up through the roof, jewel in hand.

"A-AFTER HIM, HE WENT TO THE ROOF!"

I quickly give chase, I gotta get there and fast. I.

A. Take the elevator to the top floor
B. Take the stairs
C. Scale the wall.
>>
>>28135050
C
>>
>>28135050
C. Elevator and stairs are too slow, especially if we can simply scale the wall.
>>
>>28135050
C
>>
File: pokenoire 3-12.jpg (215KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-12.jpg
215KB, 914x614px
>>28135083
>>28135086
>>28135168

Sometimes, you just gotta take risks.

I rush outside and latch onto the wall, claw by claw I start to scale it to the very top. So much for oging by the books, it jsut aint my style.

I manage to pull myself to the top out of breath. Damn that was steep. but no timne to rest, the masked freaks going to be here any minute-

"Tsk tsk tsk. I must say, I admire your persistence."

I quickly turn around to find that gaudy white cloak glistening above me.

"Alright kid, You got nowhere to run, hand it over." I inch closer, kids pinned himself on the ledge, no way he'd make the jump. He can't be that crazy, No ones that crazy.

The thief sighs and shakes his head in dismay. "So it seems I've been cornered. How dismal. But I'm afraid I simply can't relinqusih this jewel, as we have an unwanted guest."

I turn on my heel once more, kid wasn't lying, theres another figure standing in the shadows, and much to my surprise, it's one of em.. Same emblem and everything.

"Aw geez.."
>>
File: pokenoire 3-14.jpg (167KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-14.jpg
167KB, 914x614px
>>28135200

"My, my, Detective Gumshoos, so you're the one i've heard so much about." Another dame, only this one don't seem so friendly, a real vulture of a gal. "The hero who put jack in his place, oh i've heard plenty about you." "So, this whole phantom thief nonsense was to lure me here huh?" I shake my head. Damn, I walked right into that one.

"On the contrary.." The kid leaps down and lands next to me. "I work alone." He then turns his head to the winged figure before us. "Tell your boss this is one jewel he won't be getting, compliments of Phantom Thief Rose."

The bird cackles. "That right? The boss' had his eye on that pretty stone of yours for far too long. Guess ill have to bring him a complimentary brat along with it!

She takes flight and swoops down, she's going straight for the kid!

I.

A. Tell the kid to get out of the way
B. Push him aside
C. Let them duke it out
>>
>>28135217
B
Good guy Gumshoos
>>
>>28135217
C
>>
Alternative option D- While the bird's distracted, swipe her out of the air towards the kid. Take both out in one fell swoop.
>>
File: pokenoire 3-15.jpg (168KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-15.jpg
168KB, 914x614px
>>28135289

"EY' PAY ATTENTION KID"

Before he can register it I slam him out of the way. "Gah!" She latches onto me and takes me skyward. "Hmph! Persistent oaf! Very well, I'll just deal with you first!

The ground starts to spiral out of view as she flies higher and higher.

Gotta do something and fast.

I:

A. Continually punch her
B. Bite her leg
c. Distract her
>>
>>28135346
A
>>
>>28135346
B. Our ability might be Stakeout but let's channel our grandfather's strong jaws.
>>
File: pokenoire 3-16.jpg (148KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-16.jpg
148KB, 914x614px
>>28135346
Normally it ain't in me to hit a woman, but this aint no woman.

I continue to wail on her over and over putting some extra oomph into each punch. "Boarish brute!" she scrreches and drops me off on the clocktower spire. I gather my strength and stand up.

"Hmph! Well no matter, I've got what I came for!" She cackles, a red gleaming stone in her talons. "The Dark syndicate will deal with you some other time Gumshoos, And the boss... you're on his hit list now!"

"Dark syndicate?" So thats who these jokers are huh..

Damn, I cant lose my lead AND the stone. Think fast. Think fast.

I.

A. Leap onto her as she takes off
B. try to ground her
C. Let her fly
>>
>>28135441
B
>>
>>28135441
A
>>
>>28135441
A
>>
File: pokenoire 3-17.jpg (137KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-17.jpg
137KB, 914x614px
>>28135461

"Not on my watch!"

Without a second thought I leap out and latch onto her wings

"S-scraww! what are you doing!!" She flails as we start plumeting downward. I manage to pry the stone from her talons but this dames got other ideas, she regains control of her wings and taks to higher altitude. I hang on tight as we break the cloud barrier, getting higher and higher. Damn, at this rate..!

"Scraww haw haww ha! Can't take heights detective?! it's a loooong way down now!"

I feel myself slipping, I.. Ergh..
>>
File: pokenoire 3-18.jpg (146KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-18.jpg
146KB, 914x614px
>>28135633

Can't hold on any longer.. I'm losing my grip. But I aint going alone. I whack the birdbrain in the head with the stone, sending her spiralling back to the earth, and me shortly soon after.

Guess this is it. Ah well, going out a detective aint so bad.. right?
>>
File: pokenoire 3-19.jpg (108KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-19.jpg
108KB, 914x614px
>>28135651

..!
>>
File: pokenoire 3-20.jpg (196KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-20.jpg
196KB, 914x614px
>>28135674
"You..!"

I find myself safely down on the ground in a bouquet of rose petals. Here we are, Back to square one.

"... I owe you my gratitude detective. Truly, you did save this thief's life." The kid gives a short bow. "But Now." I notice the gleaming stone in his hand. Damn, he must've pilfered it just now. "I do have a schedule I must keep, and I am quite late now. I must bid you Adieu, Detective!"

"Wait."

I.

A. Thank him
B. Ask him why hes doing this
C. Arrest him
>>
>>28135694
C
>>
File: pokenoire 3-21.jpg (129KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-21.jpg
129KB, 914x614px
>>28135703
"I appreciate you saved me kid, but that don't excuse your actions. You're a criminal and I'm bringing you in!"

The thief gives a mournful smile. "A criminal.. Yes, I suppose I am." He closes his eyes and turns away from me staring out at the city scape. "Detective.. you will not catch me tonight. But I feel I must tell you. There are three stones. Valor, Mystic, and Instinct. I plan to steal all of them.. and.." He turns back around with a smirk. "...I Encourage you to stop me next time. Till then."

"Oh no you don't- Kid wait!"

My eyes widen in horror as he falls backwards off the ledge, a huge blinding flash of light and petals once again shields his escape. When all comes clear, the kid up and vanished, as if he was never here. Criminey. Commish isn't going to like this one bit..
>>
File: pokenoire 3-fin.jpg (218KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire 3-fin.jpg
218KB, 914x614px
>>28135813

Still..

The Dark Syndicate wanted these jewels too.. Does that mean they're targeting these three jewels? They can't believe that mumbo jumbo about secret power can they? One things for sure.. I flash abck to the vultures words. "Our boss has had his eye on this one for a particularly long time."

So this "Dark syndicate" is after the three jewels? And what on earth does the kid want with em? ...Bah, my head hurts thinkin' about it..

But one things for sure. I've got a lead. Hear that "Dark Syndicate"? Detective Gumshoos is comin' for ya!
>>
Good shit OP. Been enjoying the reading so far.
>>
>>28135694
B but also A
>>
File: pokenoire.jpg (220KB, 914x614px) Image search: [Google]
pokenoire.jpg
220KB, 914x614px
Stay tuned next week!

Case 4 - Moonlit rendevouz

This series will run every monday up to Nov 28th, The release of Sun and Moon!
>>
>>28135845
Glad to hear it, I was worried the appeal died.

Its estimated to be a 12 part series, but that depends on time. I'm behind 2 weeks thanks to the outage unfortunately, but its workable.
>>
10/10
>>
File: gumshoosscreencap3.png (1MB, 3200x5600px) Image search: [Google]
gumshoosscreencap3.png
1MB, 3200x5600px
Aaand heres the cap for this week.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.