[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neat things you miss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: rhyhorncolors.jpg (20KB, 590x233px) Image search: [Google]
rhyhorncolors.jpg
20KB, 590x233px
Things you miss
>Nicknaming Pokemon in the N64 Stadium games slightly alters their coloration
>Certain ways of nicknaming them will recreate the same coloration for all trainers (ie all lowercase 'pikachu', reversing syllable order 'CHUPIKA'), otherwise it's based on trainer ID
>they didn't take this a step further for X/Y and have Pokemon models differ slightly (5%~ increase/decrease, each one calculated differently) in height, width, length, size and even animation speed based on their stats
I love the idea of everyone's Pokemon being slightly different. Of course your non-minmaxed Charizard named Flamey is gonna look different to a pure pedigree 6 31IV good nature comp Charizard, and from some other guy's Charizard with no nickname. It appeals to me on a personal level.
>>
>>28130765
Shit, yeah, I'd love that.

It would even get me excited about other Pokémon I wouldn't usually train, like I'd have to catch a Druddigon or a Pidgeot for once to see if they get better alt colors.
>>
I'm glad Alola Forms are diverting Pokemon a little more, but boy do they need something that gives them all personal little things. Shinies have been neat and all, but different colors all around or season versions like say Swasbuck or Vivillion would be really nice, even if its minor things like a Pikachu with spiky hair or a Leafeon with a leaf mane.

Just something to change up things based on like you said, nicknames or trainer ID or something. Hippowdon is a nice thing having two different colors between genders as well.
>>
>>28130915
I would love to be able put items on Pokemon. And natures have influence on pokemon look or even battlestyle
>>
>>28130936
Honestly nature and personality quirks should affect certain things.

Like imagine likes to relax pokemon got truant as an ability for instance. I mean competitively nobody would ever use it or likely never use it period, but it'd give some nice personality to Pokemon on top of it.
>>
>>28130765
>>28130765
I'm really surprised that they didn't do this, OP.

IV's, EV's, and natures were essentially meant to be this. Just minor variations that lead to your pokemon potentially being slightly different than your friends' same variation. This is why they were so unwieldy for so long, because they weren't really meant for competitive purposes, just flavor stuff.

Now that the tech is up to snuff to easily visually differ them, I'm surprised they don't.
Minor color variations, minor size and proportion changes, and your idea of animation speed is interesting too. These would be extremely easy to implement, and would be a lot more initially recognizable to kids who might dig the idea of variation, a lot more than stats would be.
>>
>>28130936
>I would love to be able put items on Pokemon.
Why is this not a thing? Bands on your pokemon's neck, arms, tails and other appendages should be very easy to one size fits all. Clips and buttons should also be very easy to set up.
>>
>>28130955
Its because the looks and stuff are so ingrained in people's minds. Look at China freaking the fuck out over them changing Pikachu's name to be translated better.

Imagine if they took like Blastoise or something and made him green or arcanine and made him black and white. People would fucking flip out. A lot of people are already shitting on the Alola Variations which are a much needed thing I feel and I hope they continue this idea going forward with new regions and Pokemon.

Its a shame what IVs became, but that is what happens when it actively affects how the Pokemon works and you get autists who are super into battling competitively. Which personally I will never understand with Pokemon, because it just gets boring using the same set of guys over and over and over for months on end.
>>
They don't do this anymore because shinies are a thing. It would just be confusing to keep track of what's shiny and what's just an alt color.

It'd be neat if they made a new Pokemon with this as the gimmick though.
>>
>>28131038
IVs could easily be fixed by just turning them into a fixed variation of EVs. That is, they don't have enough points to max everything, so you would breed for combinations based on what you're going to use the pokemon for instead of just maxing it out.

People didn't freak out with Stadium, they shouldn't if it were done again.
>>
>>28131066
These days its not due to Shinies have sparkles around them, and with color variations you wouldn't even need shinies anymore. You could turn shinies into a literal rare event where they have more sheen and sparkle, but could be a variety of color variations based on whatever their proper stats, nature, etc. are.

For instance, imagine there is a Red, Blue, and Green Venusaur. Your stuff would grant you a Red Venusaur. Lets say you breed a Bulbasaur and he turns out blue, but he sparkles, that is a shiny blue Bulbasaur, or he could be a sparkling green Bulbasaur.
>>28131074
Honestly, IVs shouldn't even have anything to do with stats or anything. It could be a variable on when that Pokemon learns moves or how it looks. Like a 6 IV ATK Machop learns fighting moves faster than say a 6 DEF Machop which would learn some defensive things faster. I don't see that being abused since you'll be leveling them to Lv. 50 or 100 either way, so they'll learn everything eventually, but it changes the dynamic of the game and how things work and could present some challenges for people that wish it due to movesets, with starters having certain predetermined moves so its not impossible to get through with no attack moves for instance.

As for Stadium, yeah nobody freaked out, but most of the fanbase were kids then. Nowadays a good portion are whiny ass adults or complain about everything without providing any useful alternatives or real feedback other that "shitsux fags".
>>
>>28131106
I just want whatever IVs end up being to not be something you want to just max out. Think about real breeding for a second. You don't just breed for the biggest strongest dog possible, you breed for certain characteristics you want, often related to a breed or if you're making your own work dog, for the qualities it needs to do it's job.

Pokemon breeding just going in one direction: da highest evah! sucks, in my opinion.
>>
>>28131128
Yeah that is fine and I'm all for it. Unfortunately GameFreak's intended designs with old limitations and the fanbase have really gotten terribly out of sync and a lot of things could be fixed, but it seems like they don't want to at times for fear of changing the old. And this goes for just simple stuff like Nidoran and not having genders in Gen 1, or Raichu/Dedenne. Which none of that is ever going to be fixed because it'll break the old Pokedex.

But on personality of Pokemon, reminds me of the Nuzlocke general, where people will only post about the natures and how they reflect the stats/moves and the move themselves on templates, as opposed to "alert to sounds" or "likes sour food", some people do it, which I appreciate and gives a more personal feel, especially for nuzlockes, but others don't care at all. Some people even freaking out about certain moves for Pokemon despite it not really mattering in the end either way. Like I saw a Dusknoir Shadow Punch/Ball argument the other day, even though Shadow Ball actually does more damage for a Dusknoir in most cases despite the Physical/Special split and people were freaking out like it was the worst mistake ever, and one guy was defending his choice about it being a personality thing, so good on him.

I hope GameFreak adds more personal flair though, honestly I wouldn't mind if they forced you to nickname the Pokemon going forward. I've seen so many people get bent out of shape over nicknames its ridiculous, like naming your dog dog or your cat cat, its like you don't even care about the thing and its just sort of there, no identity, personality, anything. Its a shame, and I get its different to compare real life pets/animals to virtual ones, but still.
>>
>>28131182
I would find it amusing if they just made the species name the nickname if you didn't give it one. Like, your Pikachu's name is Pikachu, so when it evolves into Raichu, it's name is still Pikachu, because that's what you've been calling it.
>>
>>28131194
I used to have a friend back in elementary school that would do that and try and mess with people when they battled at recess or after school. I remember him having a Zapdos named Goldeen and a Alakazam named Abra.
>>
>>28130765
>Certain ways of nicknaming them will recreate the same coloration for all trainers (ie all lowercase 'pikachu', reversing syllable order 'CHUPIKA'), otherwise it's based on trainer ID
Ignore Bulbapedia and Pokemon Stadium 2's manual on this one. Trainer ID isn't taken into the calculation.
>>
>>28130765
As long as nicknames aren't a factor I'm all in for it. I don't want these values to actually be interchangeable, if I catch a Torterra with a sakura I don't want to see it suddenly have a pine tree after renaming or Hyper Training it. Or have it suddenly grow/shrink 5-10% in size.
>>
>>28130765
A Rocket Grunt's Wobbuffet in Stadium 2 is called Wobbuffap
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.