[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (661KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
661KB, 893x1200px
Do you agree?
>>
The stupidass candy evolution method is the big one for me. I think I could even excuse the shitty battle system if I didn't have to basically literally grind to get a single decent Pokemon.
>>
>>28129979
partly. this infopage looks like shit though. Please try better.
>>
Lack of battles: It's weird, but I actually get that it's meant to not interrupt momentum so you keep moving. It's not hard again.

Not much to do: Agreed.

Only the original: I only don't mind because I know they're adding more eventually.

Terrible battle system: Agreed. Special attack and dodge should just have their own buttons.

Only 2 moves: I don't like it, but it's meant to be ultra casual friendly.

Microtransactions: Cancer. Agreed. Cosmetic microtransactions, I support though!

Almost no animation: Wut? There's not much room for any. x:

Shit evo mechanics: Agreed.

Conclusion: Lower standards and enjoy the casualfag nature of the game.
>>
>>28129979
Most of that is either wrong/will be changed with time. Or just plain opinion.
>>
>>28130039
Well, they could use a day/night cycle once the Johto mons arrive. Also don't tell me they'll do the bullshit team catch for Entei, Suicune and Raikou.
>>
>>28129979
It's free, so who gives a shit?
>>
Battles will obviously be updated eventually, they've already started on that with the update.

Lack of battles - Pokemon is about catching and battling, OBVIOUSLY battling will be worked on and eventually we can battle each other. Gyms won't be the only way to battle.

Not much to do - Well you're suppose to be walking around, paying attention to your surroundings, too much going on will distract you when you're walking.

Original 151- I hate how they say 'original', Gen 1 is the FIRST gen, not the 'original' Pokemon, gen 2 onwards are original to themselves too. and OBVIOUSLY they're adding the gens in the future, stated like a billion times.

Only 2 moves - it's suppose to be simplified, so 2 moves is fine.

Microtransactions - So? Every app has them and it's not like they're that expensive.

No animation - What? There's plenty...

Shit Evo - Yes, it's shit as it is and I think they will eventually do something different with it.

Why does everyone keep acting like this is the final version of the app and this is all we will get? It's not, Niantic have already said that they will constantly update the app with features and the app as it is atm is barely at 10% of what it will be.
If you don't like the app, shut up, no one cares that you don't like, don't play it, stop whining, it's getting stale.

Do some research before bitching on.
>>
>>28130139
>Also don't tell me they'll do the bullshit team catch for Entei, Suicune and Raikou.
That's probably just for the initial event

>first bird event: each player gets their team bird
>later events: each player has a shot at whichever bird the event is for

>>28130248
It's already confirmed that Steel Coat will be in the game as a pokestop drop, so trading will probably be in before gen 2 is added
>>
>>28129979
It's worse in every way than the games and just meant to be a cash-grab normiebait. Actual vp-goers have absolutely no reason to play it, unless you badly need an excuse to go on a walk.
>>
>>28130266

All the updates so far have been small updates/improvements, I think they said that the next big update will be trading, definitely will be before Gen 2.

It makes sense to get evolution methods via pokestops - which are also going to be different eventually.
Having to trade Onix holding a Steel Coat to someone would make sense to get Steelix.
>>
>>28130304

Get over yourself, Pokemon is not yours or your hipster thing, Pokemon is for everyone, I'm happy that it's become popular everywhere again and that everyone is playing Go, hell some of my friends who never cared for Pokemon are buying the actual games to play and talking about Pokemon, for Poke-Fever to hit on a 20 year anniversary is cool in my books.

Stop with this 'normie' shit
>>
>>28130339
>friends
Point proven.
>>
>>28130339
I don't like normies touching muh franchise.
>>
>>28129979
It's fun to play if you're already out doing something/walking somewhere. It's not worth going out solely to play it, but it makes walking around a lot more fun. It's not like you can really play pokemon on your phone while walking around. For a free game on the app store, that's all you can reasonably expect.

That being said, Pokemon GO is fucking terribly made and could be so much better if they actually gave a shit about making it fun.

The current battle system is absolute horse shit. It's literally just spamming the attack button and occasionally attempting to dodge or use a special attack, but they only work half the time.

Which brings me to my second point that I'm surprised OPs image didn't mention, it's a fucking laggy, buggy pain in the ass to play. I understand that they have a small team, but considering that they made the single-most popular phone game ever, I think they can hire some more programmers to make sure their game fucking functions.

The catching minigame is shit, too. Once you reach level 15, even basic sub-100 CP pokemon give you trouble. There's no skill involved, you just gotta hope it works. Which might be fine, if it weren't 50% of the gameplay.

Then there's the pokemon distribution. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that they're only using the first generation right now,and I understand that they can't just make every pokemon be rare, but it doesn't feel like pokemon locations are dependent on the real world location, it just seems vague as fuck. The best you get is "more rock/ground types in sandy areas, more bugs/grass types in grassy areas, more water types in areas with water". You're not gonna have to go to some specific location in your city to find a cool rare pokemon, you just gotta shovel through pidgeys and rattatas and get lucky.

tl;dr it's okay but could use serious improvements.
>>
>>28129979
your picture still fucking sucks

refer to the problem with gen 1/5/6 and come back when you've made one stylistically in keeping with the originals

and learn to fucking spell
>>
>>28130965
>and learn to fucking spell
^
You're missing a word there, bud.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.