[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan Arcanine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 22

Shouldn't Alolan Arcanine have been debunked much earlier?
>>
File: all out bait.png (130KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
all out bait.png
130KB, 625x626px
>>28129004
>Alolan Arcanine
>Debunked
>>
the only leaks worth paying attention to are the starter images, the chinese one, and the riddler ones.
>>
>>28129004
That's the player's mom's Arcanine
>>
File: 3OeqyKt[1].png (190KB, 1313x657px) Image search: [Google]
3OeqyKt[1].png
190KB, 1313x657px
>>28129010
Stay in denial.
>>
>>28129004
Just because they show a Pokemon in a scripted fight doesn't mean anything.

If anything it actually suggests they might reveal something concerning that Pokemon since they chose it out of all possible choices.
>>
Ever heard of game footage not final?
>>
File: fishing pole.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>28129062
>>
>>28129075
"Game footage not final" means "this might slightly change because we had to fix some shit right before the game comes out." Not "th-this might be replaced with fucking anything because I'm in denial and I don't want what I'm seeing to be in the final game"
>>
>>28129071
>Just because they show a Pokemon in a scripted fight doesn't mean anything.

Yes it does. Every Pokemon they showed in XY and ORAS trailers were Pokemon you could catch in-game. Showing regular Arcanine in-battle and on the website and then showing Alolan Arcanine later makes no sense.
>>
>>28129143
unless you can catch both
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 474x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 474x266px
Shouldn't Alolan Meowth have been debunked much earlier?
>>
>>28129143
Yeah, I would believe it was still possible to get an Alolan form for Arcanine but the website showing Arcanine as a regular Pokemon drives my hopes down.
>>
>>28129167
the whole point of alolan forms is that they're how that species of pokemon evolved in the alola region over a long period of time. Having both goes against what regional variants even are.
>>
>>28129169
>literally your mom's meowth brought in from your home region
>>
File: large[1].jpg (73KB, 959x515px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
73KB, 959x515px
>>28129169
That's a Meowth your mom brought with her because the whole fucking plot of the game is that you're a new kid moving in from (presumably) Kanto.

Great job shooting yourself in the foot ;)
>>
>>28129183
Different islands.
>>
>>28129183
Sure, but it's possible Pokemon could develop differently depending on the island they're on. They're already kinda of doing it with Oricorio so I wouldn't be surprised if it extended to Alola forms.
>>
>>28129210
they're called regional variants. Not island variants.
>>
>>28129062
>thinking mons with mega evolutions are going to have Alola forms
>>
>>28129096
How do you denialfag so hard? Actually curious.
>>
File: just bad bait.png (161KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
just bad bait.png
161KB, 625x626px
>>28129331
>>
>>28129301
>thinking mons with a specific section on a website to show that you can catch them in the game as they are shown will have alolan forms
>>
>>28129301
you responded to the wrong post anon
>>
File: Ummm, Alola.jpg (43KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Ummm, Alola.jpg
43KB, 500x281px
Or, or just bare with me here, some of the trainers you battle have pokemon from different regions. This would allow people to record the different forms into your pokedex for the sake of comparing differences.
>>
Delusion.

>>28129540
Why do that when you can get people to buy RBY or XYORAS?
>>
>>28129540
But that Arcanine in OP picture was a wild one
>>
Yeah, people are stupid.
Every leak that mentions Alolan Arcanine is fake. End of story.
>>
>>28129610
OK seriously, people need to think here. When have they ever had a pokemon that could evolve by stone as a wild encounter. This has to be some scripted shit for demo play or test footage or something. I know, muh patterns, but come on. I'm not even one to believe most the leaks, but to believe that you will actually encounter a level 20 Arcanine as a wild encounter within the game proper is straight up asinine!
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 354x367px
>>28129062
Y'know it probably is the case that these are just genuinely normal ass pokemon and they don't get alolan forms.

But I'm holding out. Something isn't sitting right with me. Its quite the eclectic collection of Pokemon they've gathered. Arcanine, Dragonite, Pinsir; if it was generic trash mons I'd be less suspicious, but the selection is very odd to me. Especially if that they mention dragonite and arcanine being seen, then why not include their pre-evos on the list.

Also, why only gen one mons? Surely, if these were just normal Pokemon you'd see some Pokemon from other regions on the list... We already know trubbish is there in alola.

Makes ya think
>>
>>28129250
There have been instances where species that have descended from a common ancestor have lived in the same environment. Plus, island isolation can play a role, regular Arcanine could be found only in the active volcanic area of Island 2/Red one, while Alolan Growlith could be found in any other islands. It's not that hard.
>>
>>28129652
>OK seriously, people need to think here. When have they ever had a pokemon that could evolve by stone as a wild encounter
Raichu and Clefable in Gen I. Lilligant and Whimsicott in Gen V. Idiot.
>>
>>28129652
While I don't think finding wild stone evolutions is out of the question, I do believe its incredibly unlikely they would be fucking level 20.
>>
>>28129610
Proof?
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
Why people don't understand the concept of "Placeholder". They've done it before and there was denialfags and etc, still things happened.
>>
>>28129652
Many times? Also even the main Japanese site states that you can catch Arcanine so i guess its possible. Maybe it does involve QR codes
>>
>>28129678
Anon still has a point, you won't ever find a level 20 Arcanine in the wild. The most you will is either Growlith or just middke to late game
>>
>>28129071
>A wild Arcanine appeared!
>>
>>28129685
There was no trainer behind.
>>
>>28129710
Maybe now you can? I know it sounds unreal but at the same time the "no gyms" also sounded unreal". Maybe if you use the QR codes it'll let you find pokemon on all kinds of levels

People dont take into account that many things can change in Sun and Moon
>>
>>28129742
>Maybe if you use the QR codes it'll let you
Than that doesn't rule out Alola forms at all. That would just be inserting a pokemon from an outside source.
>>
>>28129742

I generally think this was a placeholder because they wanted Arcanine in the trailer honestly.

But I do think the QR code thing is essentially going to happen. SM will allow you to catch every non-legendary so long as you have the proper QR code.

It's something Yokai Watch did actually.

And we're gonna exploit the shit out of it. And people are going to bitch about it too.
>>
>>28129764
Not really, from what i understand the QR code lets you register a Pokemon in your Pokedex and if that Pokemon is catchable in Alola then you'll be able to find it easier.

It wont let you catch pokes that aren in Alola like lets say Piplup or Treecko (im assuming they wont be in Alola)
>>
>>28129062
you'd think Lapras would be fine in Alora
>>
>>28129742
Yes, QR could potentially play as an excuse. But even then to get a pokemon that was supposed to be a Legendary that early and fully evolved ?

And now that I think about it, since QR could be for basically every pokemon and they allow you to see the possible location of said pokemon......then why would you even bother transferring pokemon from previous to get them because if there Alolan forms when you can just use a QR code ?
>>
File: QR figures.png (103KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
QR figures.png
103KB, 500x281px
>>28129770
Oh it's gonna happen, and it's coming in figure form.
>>
File: 1471987549945.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1471987549945.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>28129016

Just curious since I haven't actually gave these 'confirmed' leaks much attention besides the final evos pictures. Which Chinese leak are you referring to? And why does it deserve attention? How much of it turned out true or what got offically confirmed from it to cause everybody to find it legit?
>>
>>28129770
>SM will allow you to catch every non-legendary so long as you have the proper QR code.

Doubt it really, it will let you register them in pokedex but only alola dex mons will be easier to catch
>>
>>28129809
800+ figures, gotta bye'm all !
>>
File: 220.jpg (112KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
112KB, 700x676px
>>28129809
And to add to this, these will also work.

https://miketendo64.com/2016/06/17/pokemon-ga-ole-qr-codes-for-sun-moon-seem-to-be-region-locked/
>>
>>28129004
Why does the Japanese site have an entire page dedicated to old Pokemon that will be in the game, anyway? Seems a bit weird. Does anyone actually care about the older Pokemon enough to warrant a site that is gradually revealing them?
>>
>>28129809
>>28129815

It's what Yokai Watch does.

You scan the code, and you get the Yokai.

In Pokemon's case you'll be able to catch them and they'll be given a location.

Pokemon already in the game will just be made easier and more likely to appear, while one that isn't naturally in the game is given a location after scanning.

It was part of why Yokai watch was so successful. As was the bracelet interacting with the game, and being able to use your medals with the game and the bracelet.

Oh. Hey SM is doing that too.
>>
File: 1d1.jpg (12KB, 160x252px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.jpg
12KB, 160x252px
>>28129847
>>
Just a reminder that every true leak puts in wrong information.
>>
>>28129859
Reading the article on the main site i seriously doubt that

"In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, there is a QR Scanner function that allows you to see information about Pokémon when you scan QR Code patterns. With the QR Scanner, you scan in a QR Code and check the information about the Pokémon that corresponds to that QR Code. There are QR Code patterns in various places all around you, so try scanning them."

"By scanning in special QR Code patterns you can register Pokémon of the Alola region to your Pokédex and find out where they live. If you scan in the QR Code for a Pokémon that you haven’t yet caught, you can check its habitat and search it out."

"You can display the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught in your own Pokédex. If you and a friend show each other the QR Code patterns for Pokémon you have caught, you can both register the Pokémon in your Pokédexes!"

It does specify you can catch Alola mons that way
>>
>>28129710
>you won't ever find a level 20 Arcanine in the wild
I dunno man. Nobody expected Wild Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, or Hydreigon either but here we are.
>>
File: WEBPAGE_20160829_093853.jpg (11KB, 226x154px) Image search: [Google]
WEBPAGE_20160829_093853.jpg
11KB, 226x154px
>>28129874
We're going to the Azoth Kingdom, people :]
>>
>>28129909
That's Team Skull's turf, though. Didn't you see the Japanese trailer?
>>
>>28129903
Hydreigon had an excuse since you could find it in Victory Road and most Pseudo Legends could be found late game (evolved forms, I know you could find Bagon right before the second gym). An Level 20 is the equivalent of more early game and like I said, it doesn't seem to likely for something like Arcanine to be found then.
>>
>>28129925
That not their base, they're just attacking it
>>
>>28129847
Just once, I really want something like this to hit the US.
I was a sucker for that horse derby game at DnB where you breed and train a horse, and at the end you get a card with that horse's information and data on it.

I would be fucking broke if a pokemon tretta-like arcade game came out here.
>>
>>28129925
They take it over, you can see actual houses in there.
>>
File: 1615612.png (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1615612.png
170KB, 500x500px
>>28129909
THE WALL HAS BEEN BUILT
>>
>>28129859
Actually the medals just give you respective coins to drop in the gashapon which may or may not actually give you the Yo-kai on the medal

At least the first worked that way
>>
>>28129945
You could find level 10 Gyarados as early as the Lake of Rage in HGSS, and Wild Whimsicott and Lilligant before the 3rd gym in BW2, in the same area as their prevos. It's hardly farfetch'd to expect a wild Arcanine encounter.
>>
>>28130019
Yup, people forget how it worked in the past and odnt consider that Sun and Moon might go even further
>>
>>28129902
>If you scan in the QR Code for a Pokémon that you haven’t yet caught, you can check its habitat and search it out.

That could easily imply that it'll allow certain Pokemon to be found that aren't normally found. They're giving away QR codes for the Kanto starters >>28129847 and it feels weird to bill it as a way to find the habitat for Pokemon you haven't seen if many of the ones they're giving away can't be caught in some way.

>>28130006

From what I had understood it gave you a special version of the Yokai, and then the watch could play along with the game. I've really only played a little bit of the game honestly and I hadn't planned on buying a watch either. I hadn't scanned anything yet too.
>>
>>28129673
>Also, why only gen one mons?

Its believed that Aloha and Kanto have some close, shared history that partly involved the migration of species.
>>
>>28130019
Even then, I'm not really convinced cause like >>28129695 pointed out, that Arcanine was just a placeholder, trailers like these always do this, what ? You can now find wild Magnezone and Metagross (although not that farfetched). And let's not forget the famous Ice Punch Blaziken and Fairy Wind Gardevoir in the early trailers of XY.
>>
>>28130054
We dont know if Alola forms are for Kanto only. They've been revealed in August and its way too early to say its only Kanto after just two close tob eachother reveals. Its possible they wanted to start with Kanto
>>
>>28130054
Yeah, but why on the list? We already know that we can see non-gen 1 mons like trubbish in the wild.

If it was just a simple list of sighted pokemon from other regions in alola it should also include trubbish. The fact that specifically they only have Kanto mons on the list, who are suspected to be the only region of Pokemon getting alola forms, might actually be a bait and switch.
>>
>>28130076

Mega and now Alola formes are all ways of marketing old Pokemon after BW merch under performed. I am sure we will get other gens but since Go is big they probably want to shill out the old guard.

I really see this game pandering more to gen 2. It and XY parallel RGBYGSC a bit. Just a bit.
>>
>>28129673
Most people are familiar with Gen 1, redesigning them is an attempt to get back some of the old audience. Especially with most people not taking to newer designs.
>>
>>28130048
Nah, it just gives you coins to drop in the gasha that otherwise need you to collect tons of rare bugs to trade to a certain NPC for the specific coin categories.

The reason the watches and medals sold gangbusters was kids love the noisemakers with collectible trinkets to unlock different noises in Japan, like with Kamen Rider drivers or Super Sentai/Power Rangers morphers. And there's a fuckhuge amount of possible noises even if the jingle itself is the same for each category since they have a medal for every Yo-kai.
>>
>>28129250
>What is that dancing bird they revealed
>>
>>28129858
If Pokemon Go is anything to go by, Gen 1 still has a lot of pull.
>>
>>28130141
Go'd massive popularity was unexpected though. It might change things a bit, but I doubt they can shift focus solely to Gen 1 on relatively short notice. I am surprised they're not pushing Alola Pikachu more though. Even though it just looks like a washed out regular Pikachu.
>>
>>28130350

But marketing plans can change. They might be promoting the gen 1 guys due to Go right now but that's probably not all we will see in the game.

I am sure Corphish will get one for example given his dex entry.
>>
>>28130048
QR codes looks to be SM's method to find Pokemon who are not in Alola's Pokedex. Just like Pokeradar, Swarms, Johto's Safari Zone, Friend Safari, or Dream World. There was Serperior in the promo image for QR codes so were gonna get actual starters in the wild.
>>
>>28130371
>I am sure Corphish will get one for example given his dex entry.

You are deluded.

Eight (8) Alolan forms have been shown. 8, not a single one being any of the 570 other non gen 1 Pokemon they could have shown. With megas they showed some from multiple gens immediately. There is no reason for them to hide non gen 1 Pokemon alolan forms. Game Freak also doesn't benefit from making non gen 1 Alolan forms given that there are VC gen 1 releases sitting right there that they want people to buy and use the transferring feature they had to spend time implenting to encourage people to get the vanilla forms. Go or whatever the fuck isn't wn excuse, if anything Go's exclusivity of Gen 1 Pokemon should be further proof that they don't give a fuck about catering to later gens. There won't be non gen 1 Alolan forms and you can keep denying it up until the game releases if it lets you sleep at night.
>>
>>28129016
sooo, Chinese Riddler then?
>>
>>28129814

Everything it has said so far is true.

It got Pokemon right, it nailed the concept of Trial Captains and named them, got the Japanese name for Totem Pokemon right, and a few other things.

The riddle leaks have so far also all been correct.
>>
>>28130141
There are shit tons of non-kanto mons that moved a lot of merch though

>Torchic
>Plusle and Minun
>Skitty
>Gulpin
>Piplup
>Croagunk
>Lucario
>Stunfisk

Gulpin, Croagunk and Stunfisk in particular were subject to themed merchandise festival because weird looking yet strangely cute mons are super popular in Japan

Plusle and Minun are the most successful Pikaclones ever, which had far more merch lines and sales than any other Pikaclone
>>
>>28129814
Every specific term it used to describe later confirmed features is a 1:1 translation of the Japanese terms to Chinese, including Totems, Trial Captains, and Kahunas
>>
>>28130540
you're forgetting we only had two reveals of those in a span of just 2 weeks. And since month earlier we had Pokemon GO boom it makes sense to focus the promotion on genwun for now. If we're not going to see any non gen 1 alola mons this month then we can say yeah its just gen 1 but after just two reveals right after GO its ridiculous to make any clams
>>
>>28129685
Know moon and/or chinese and watch the vcg trailer yourself, it literally says a wild Arcanine appeared. Alternatively you can also use the almighty power of writing things down and using google translate.
>>
>>28130937
The next trailer is gonna tell us if there are Alolan forms for newer Pokemon. If there are no more Alolan form reveals, that will not be a good sign. That would likely mean 12-15 lines Kanto lines getting Alolan forms and none for newer ones.
>>
>>28130688
I can understand Pokemon tied to movies getting a big push, but I hate pushing cutemons, half of them are just Pikachu variants.
>>
>>28130937
Go was a non-factor for Gamefreak and Nintendo, they said it themselves. And it got its popularity boom in June, that's way too close to make new designs catering specifically to Gen 1 unless it's just a pallet swap.
>>
Out of curiosity, what Alola forms do people want most?
>>
>>28131046
>And it got its popularity boom in June, that's way too close to make new designs catering specifically to Gen 1 unless it's just a pallet swap.
Are you stupid? Of course they didnt do those designs overnight. But its possible they decided to use Kanto alola forms first in the promo campaign because of GO popularity

Think before you type
>>
>>28131062
You've obviously never worked in marketing. Those trailers were scripted and cut months ago, they didn't see Go's success and think "well we better lead with these Pokemon because Pokemon Go's blowing up".
>>
>>28131078
>Those trailers were scripted and cut months ago
[Citation needed]
>>
>>28131056
I actually want Arcanine the most, but not water type like the leak suggested. So I'm happy that he got probably debunked, keeps at least the small possibility alive that he might get another alternative type in a later game.
>>
>>28129130
No, it means they can make all sorts of changes beforehand, including changing things because they weren't ready to reveal a new feature yet. The only people who are in denial are the ones that think there is zero possibility of Alolan Arcanine being real.

And, you know, this: >>28129695

>>28129627
Anon, the Chinese leak mentioned it and that leak is legit as far as we know.

>>28130350
That's because there isn't an Alolan Pikachu. It IS regular Pikachu, but changes to Alolan Raichu when it evolves.
>>
>>28131099
I saw Alola pikachu plush toys at my loca GameStop, they're a lighter shade of yellow than regular pikachu.
>>
>>28129010
>>28129096
>>28129348
>le just spam downvote fishe at everything I disagree with
Hi r.eddit!
>>
File: leaks.jpg (2MB, 1800x4100px) Image search: [Google]
leaks.jpg
2MB, 1800x4100px
>>28131099
>Anon, the Chinese leak mentioned it and that leak is legit as far as we know.
No it fucking didn't. Stop spreading misinfo. Chinese leak literally does not mention Alolan forms.
>>
>>28131155
3 and 4 should be ruled out by now.

Which again proves that shitposting bulletpoints without images or videos on /vp/ has never resulted in a credible leak.
>>
>>28131175
3 definitely, but 4 can't really be ruled out yet.
>>
>>28129695
but has there been any proof that the "placeholder" was defied? I don't remember the mons with alolan forms normally when appearing in battle at all

really the only thing to count is Meowth and even then it was shown early on that it's not a native
>>
>>28131099
At this point in time him being debunked is far more likely than GF just rusing everyone for shits and giggles though.
The VGC trailer makes it clear that it's a wild encounter and he is on the jap site now, which showcases his new dex entries for both versions and neither of them mentions anything different from the usual Arcanine either. If Alolan Arcanine actually exists why even put all this shit up? Just to ruse everyone and piss Arcaninefags off?
>>
>>28131175
True, people could keep spitballing about Farfetch'd getting an evolution or Cloyster having a solo spiral shell form, out of thousands of posts, one could be "sorta" close to the truth.
>>
>>28131193
But 4 has had holes in it since the start with Nintetales, and those holes are only getting bigger with every reveal.

You could make an argument for that the post mentioning typings was a shitpost by someone who wasn't OP, but then you also have several posts piggybacking off of leak 3 which we know is irrelevant at this point.

His predictions are very specific, but many of them can be narrowed down to being good and educated guesses. Darwin's finches is a good one, but in hindsight a relatively obvious prediction to anyone who knew about them.
>>
>>28131204
It could be to keep people guessing. Alola exeggutor's form is so outlandish that it picked up traction online. So we want to see what other bizarre mons might show up.
>>
>>28129585
So the player can see a Pokemon it will never be able to have except if he has RBY/ XYORAS, that seems logical
>>
>>28131226
As is the sea cucumber. Honestly I'd like to see something really out of left field that nobody expects, like Alola Corsola.
>>
>>28129169
>>28129197
>that skin color difference
So am I her husband's son?
>>
>>28131243
You were Zygarde all along
>>
>>28131094
What's so wrong about Water Arcanine ?
>>
>>28131229
Then it would have been far more effective to not put him on the jap site at all. Keeps guessing and hoping alive without any trolling. The only reason I can imagine for why they did it, is that they wanted to show that old forms will get individual text in the dex entries too and not just appear as alternative models.
It's still reaching though, and as of now the far more simple solution to him being in the trailer and on the site is that it's a confirmation that he will appear as normal Arcanine in the game.
>>
>>28129004
this dog got rock type fang move right?
tat mean Tyrantrum?
>>
>>28131323
It's a Schrödinger's cat scenario for now. Every single Pokemon potentially has an Alola form and some people really want or really don't want a Pokemon they like to have a new form. So people will pay attention until the Pokemon they care about are revealed.
>>
>>28131302
You really need another mono water type when they're a ton of other far more interesting type combos out there? I don't hate water types or anything, but it is the most common type and it's neither a very interesting take on Arcanine nor will it most likely help him in competitive when there are already a dozen other water mons that will blow him out of said water.
Also water type Arcanine makes me imagine either a lazy blue recolor or just a bigger Vaporeon. In the end I just think that a potential water type Arcanine would be boring as fuck, especially if it's mono when even Vulpix got a double typing.
>>
>>28131363
So I'm asking again, why put up hints on your site that make it more likely that your stupid cat is already dead instead of just keeping it as completely unknown then? If you're dead set on him being on the site meaning nothing important, then his appearance on said site basically serves no other purpose than intentional or unintentional trolling from GF.
>>
>>28131056
Poison/Flying Drapion
>>
>>28131549
I'd rather have a Poison/Steel Drapion that's built like a fucking Tank
>>
>>28131498
GF didn't put them up to "troll" anyone by debunking their headcanons, they put them up to:
1) official confirm to people that, yes, these past pokemon are in the games
2) showcase new dex entries

GF doesn't care about debunking leaks, they are probably completely unaware of any of them aside from the starters.
>>
>>28129062
Why are Poliwag and Doduo not on the list? We've seen normal forms of them.
>>
>>28131243
>Not knowing recessive genes
Aye
>>
>>28129847
>Implying I won't just inject "unlock all QR codes" like you can do with every other item/ aspect of the game
>>
>>28132080
>1) official confirm to people that, yes, these past pokemon are in the games
So you didn't actually read the whole reply chain? Because that's exactly what I was arguing for.
I just pointed out that if people keep ignoring the facts like the dex entries as evidence for no Alolan Arcanine, then their purpose on the site would end up just as trolling and I was arguing that GF doesn't just put up stuff to troll some unknown autists on the net.
>>
File: sun-moon-pr.jpg (109KB, 744x363px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-pr.jpg
109KB, 744x363px
>>28131089
I don't know about months, but they certainly prepare this stuff weeks in advance.

Pic related is the last two press releases from August 11th and 19th. Note the last modified dates on the files.
>>
>>28132139
You do know that skin color is decided by polygenic inheritance though, right? That's why kids of mix raced couples usually end up as a mix between both skin colors of the parents and not just one or the other.
>>
>>28132118
>Doduo
Where?

Also I don't think Pinsir has been in any trailers and that's on there. So it's supposed to be a selection of Pokemon.
>>
>>28129250
and if that specific form is only found on certain islands IN the region then it's still a regional variant retard. example: water arcanine is found only in alola but only one island. it's still a fucking regional variant. how stupid are you?
>>
Is it possible Alola Forms have their own dex entries separate from the regular forms? If you transfer in a regular Vulpix before you catch Alola Vulpix, it'd be kind of strange for the dex to talk about it being ice type. If so, that would mean Arcanine's dex info as presented on the site would not preclude it from receiving an Alola Form.
>>
>>28130054
The reason for that is due to Hawai'i's sizable japanese population. The developers are making note of it by referencing Kanto a shit ton.
>>
>>28129676
exactly. oricorio does the island isolation thing, so why can't an alolan form?

>>28132546
it's possible they have different ones, but they could also just be very vague and generic and not touch on sort of elemental properities. like vulpix growing one tail and then it splitting into six would work for both fire and ice forms.

but with the alola forms you'd think they'd want some explanation in the games for why vulpix is now an ice type for people who haven't paid attention to all the news updates before release. so separate dex entries would make sense.
>>
>>28132656
While this makes sense it does make oricorio feel less special. Not really argument but whatever.
>>
>>28132708
at most it would just be an original form on one island and its alolan form on another islands. i don't mean there should be one original form with three alolan forms. so oricorio would still do it better with its four. and oricorio is still a completely new pokemon rather than a reskinned old one.
>>
>>28129062
This makes me think we might get Alolan forms of Goldbat, Crobat, Fearow, and Golduck but Crobat isn't genwun so idk.
>>
>>28132656
Arcanine's already touches upon its fire though, so if a Water type Arcanine exists he would need to have a different entry.
>>
>>28132229
Or like I said in a previous comment, make the possibility/showcase of Isolation evolution ? Where one species is stranded on one island with the perfect conditions to not evolve and one where it must adapt and change or esle it will die ?
>>
>>28132851
well arcanine doesn't have a confirmed alolan form yet though. when/if it does, that's when that becomes a problem but until then it's not. and as you can see from my other post, i'm being open minded to the possibility of it having one, so i don't mean this as an angry "alolan arcanine confirmed not to exist!!" point
>>
What if the regular Arcanine we've seen so far is from a Safari Zone type place? So you'd see Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine everywhere else, and the Safari Zone has old forms for Alolan Pokemon.
>>
Wasn't Exeggcutor in a trailer before Kalos Exeggcutor was revealed?
>>
>>28133002
*Alolan
Gimme a break I'm still waking up.
>>
>>28133002
Nope. The regular one was shown alongside the Alolan one for comparison, maybe that's what you're thinking of.
>>
>>28132900
That's an okay idea, definitely better than the placeholder shit people argue for all the time. It's the only way I can still see Alolan Arcanine happening, but at this point it's more a theory to keep the idea alive and can't really be backed up by anything shown.
Personally I still think GF is too lazy for that, but I wouldn't mind being wrong, though mono water just has to be the most boring type they could come up with if that leak is in any way true.
>>
>>28131243
You're just a really big newborn with fully developed motor skills. You'll get darker as you get older.
>>
>>28129016
The riddler one is pointless since it only tell us something when we already know it by official means.
>>
>>28132353

A week after Go. But we would need to see the first reveal.

A trailer is really easy to change up, as are press and online reveals, In a day or two.

It really makes sense to push the gen 1 guys first regardless. It has the most marketable Pokemon. Most other gens have one or two standouts and then the starters and pika clones. Gen 1 is mostly recognizable to the public itself.
>>
>>28132526
No it's not. At that point it's just an island variant. The name "REGIONAL variant" implies that's how its shown through the entire region. Not one island.

>>28132996
What if there just isn't an Alolan Arcanine and you're just a denialfag making up dumb excuses?
>>
>>28131243
Red's mom has blue hair in the games, yet he has brown hair.
>>
>>28131155
Here's a rather nice compilation of the various leaks that have occured.
http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/
>>
>>28130540
Go is hinted to be planning to release more generations over time, with gen II Pokemon slated to be released in the coming months. Don't quote me on this, though; I don't even play Go. Go's presumed gen 1 pandering might've been much less pandering and more a time/resources constraint deal. Who knows.
>>
>>28129210
They've already been confirmed to be within the Alola region. The entirety of Alola.

There is no Alolan Arcanine. No Alolan Dragonite, Zubat, Pinsir, Lapras, Psyduck.

They're basically saying "Here are some new Alolan form Pokemon! But don't worry, there are still some old friends that remain unchanged!"
>>
>>28129004
guys you're retarded, alolan forms are bound to special islands. the normal forms still exists in the game, it means fucking nothing.
>>
>>28133826
Then what about isolation evolution ? Where Arcanine can be found in only one specific place, where it didn't needed to evolve and in the rest of the region you can found water sisha ?
>>
>>28134071
It was blatant pandering as evidenced by the trailers (which didnt even show Lucario DeSu), but they do intend to add gen2 'mons later down the road.
I think the main issue with why not is,
>two more eeveelutions
>Gloom and Slowpoke evolutions
Plus, Onix is so bad in Go there's little reason to think it wont be like Magikarp and end up with a massive CP Mulitplier when it evolves into Steelix;
But what about Scizor? in the real games, its BST doesnt change and its just rearranged; Scyther isnt the best, but its pretty strong statistically speaking. Is Scizor going to be stronger, or the same?
>>
>>28129004
>arcanine's japanese name is windy

wait wait, i don't care about that anymore, this dog thing's japanese name is fucking EEWANKO or iwanko

jesus christ.
>>
>>28129673
>Dragonite
>Zubat/Crobat
>Arcanine
>Pinsir
>Gyarados

I'd argue that these Pokemon are already established in their right throughout Gen 1 and modern competitive scene, and that theres no point in changing Pokemon that are as iconic as them.

You could hit me with the "but Charizard got a Mega evolution" argument, but that's a whole different mechanic that needed to be supported and the best way of doing that is showing it on iconic Pokemon. Alolan forms won't be as large of a change as Megas. You have a better chance of these listed Pokemon getting Megas than being Alolan.
>>
>>28131099
>The only people who are in denial are the ones that think there is zero possibility of Alolan Arcanine being real.

Except that the Japanese website literally shows Arcanine as appearing in the Alolan dex. Which straight up debunks the whole theory.
>>
>>28130309

Completely different gimmick. Oricorio's variants aren't Alola forms you retard.
>>
>>28134143
>implaying nintetails is not much more popular than fucking pinsir or dragonite, lmao

1. all pokemon that has a mega form will not get alola
2. all these pokemon on the pictures can still get an alola form because you find the forms on different islands while the normal forms still exists.

vp is the worst pokemon community on this planet together with reddit.
>>
>>28134099
They already confirmed that Alola forms are form the entire region.
>>
File: 1471042732782.jpg (51KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
1471042732782.jpg
51KB, 966x827px
>>28134289
fucking this.
>>
File: this is bait.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>28131150
The joke is that I was baiting (you) the whole time

Thanks for the replies darling
>>
>>28134099
Obviously they will be bound to specific areas, like every Pokemon. Alolan Vulpix will be in the ice section for example, and nowhere else. That doesn't mean regular Vulpix will be anywhere else in Alola.
>>
>>28134289
You'd be surprised how many people actually don't like Ninetales. And how many people actually think Pinsir is the greatest Bug type of Gen1.

And no, Alola forms mean within the Alola region, not different islands. If I find an eggxecute on any of the islands it'll still evolve into Alolan Executor. Same with Cubone. Same with Sandshrew and Vulpix (except these will ONLY be in the ice area). There won't be regular Sandshrew, Vulpix found in the wild in Alola. THEY EXPLAIN THIS WHEN THEY REVEALED ALOLANS.
>>
>>28134372
>I-I was just pretending
upvoted
>>
>>28135477
I can see the appeal of Pinsir since it appeared early in the show, but you had to work for it if you wanted it on your team. Decent stats for a gen 1 too.
>>
>>28134200
Still proves that alternate forms occurring on different islands is completely possible you double retard.
>>
>>28135477
This ^^
>>
>>28129062
Slowpokes are confirmed, so what are the chances we will have a slowpoke evolution that the shell bites its hand?
>>
File: 1453221075363.png (12KB, 170x162px) Image search: [Google]
1453221075363.png
12KB, 170x162px
>growlithe gets a alola form and arcanine doesn't
>>
>>28138544
While Growlithe didn't appear in a trailer yet, he is actually on the site in Arcanine's entry. Also with new dex entries.
>>
File: eyuck.png (23KB, 142x130px) Image search: [Google]
eyuck.png
23KB, 142x130px
>>28135496
>tfw you really were just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>28133826
>at that point it's just an island variant

it's a variant on an island in a region, a region which the form is exclusive to hence regional variant. you are literally a retard if you can't understand that a form specific to an island (or two) would still be a regional variant.

your entire argument sounds like this

>but guys ninetales is only found on top of a mountain in alola so it's a MOUNTAIN variant not a regional variant!

the islands ARE the region not separate to it.
>>
>>28129652
>i posted it again lel
>>
>>28132425
Morelull used Spore on Pinsir in the Japanese trailer. Dodrio might have been shown but not 100%.
>>
>>28141009

I don't think we're getting Alola Arcanine at this point, but I also feel like trailer Pokemon aren't 100% ruled out unless they're seen on a prominent characters team, in the over world, shown during a real gameplay demo, or uploaded to the old friends page on the official site.

Like Hau having Pichu clearly means you won't see Alolan Pichu, and Guzma's Ariados makes it pretty clear we won't see an Alolan Ariados. But does a Scyther or whatever appearing in a trailer because it was the Pokemon the dev team randomly selected really say it can't get a form? Precedent shows it's not likely but it doesn't rule it out.

Also don't I think it's to much of a stretch to assume there might be an Alola form that differs on each island, or even a Pokemon besides Oricorio really, even if it's not all four islands.

This game is really pushing real evolution as a concept pretty hard. It's something I don't expect, but I also don't rule out. I feel like if we see one it'll be Gastrodon. I'm not ready to rule out other gens getting Alola forms myself. I think gen 5 will get shafted again, 1 will get the most, and 2-4 will get a bit of an even mix.

>>28134113

Some anons have said they need to pay for the gen licenses separately but I really don't have a source on that.
>>
>>28129062
Wouldn't these be pokemon that are native to Alola?
So along with Gyarados/Pinsir you could expect the rest of these get megas due to their stones being natural developed there.

But it wouldn't explain theme not showing only final evos or first stages unless they're being a bit inconspicuous.
>>
>>28141716
ok? i don't really know why you're replying to me with a tl;dr essay that has very little and borderline nothing to do with what i was saying
>>
>>28134143
>Better chance of these getting Megas than being Alolan

Debunked when they showed Zubat and Dragonite, as opposed to Crobat and Dragonite.
>>
>>28141009
>but guys ninetales is only found on top of a mountain in alola so it's a MOUNTAIN variant not a regional variant!
Not that anon but that would be the case IF both forms can be found naturally in Alola (ie Alolan Ninetales in the mountains, regular form in grass).

However I highly doubt this to be the case - it makes no sense to call it an "Alolan" form if the non-Alolan form is available in the same region.
>>
>>28143186
It's lore says it was attracted to the mountain anyway, why would it be anywhere else?
>>
>>28141009
>you are literally a retard if you can't understand that a form specific to an island (or two) would still be a regional variant.

No. Then it would just be an island variant because the normal form still appears elsewhere in the region. REGIONAL means that it's common to the entire REGION the same way you would say something that's NATIONAL is common to the entire NATION, not just one state.
>>
>>28133507
Exactly, that is the problem with Gens 2-6. Look at fucking Johto, the only popular Pokemon aside from cross evos, starters, and legendaries are Heracross, Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Ampharos... For Unova, it's Haxorus, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Bisharp, and maybe Volcarona. It sucks but it's the truth.

Look at Kanto, Dragonite, Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados, Lapras, Snorlax, Alakazam, Raichu, Ninetales, Nidoking, Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Pikachu, Jigglypuff. Plus Kanto's less popular Pokemon are more recognizable than fucking Gen 2-6's less popular Pokemon.

Hoenn is the region with the second largest amount of popular Pokemon. Gardevoir, Absol, Aggron, Flygon, Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, Plusle, Minun.

Another problem with something like Gen 2, 4, 5 Pokemon is that not only most of them are forgettable, there hated...
>>
>>28143695

It's just the sad truth. Gen v will always get the shaft though because it's merch under performed. It's why we are seeing so much pandering in game to older gens now.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.