[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im recently rediscovering pokemon, and i decided to play the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1412634383421.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1412634383421.gif
2MB, 500x283px
im recently rediscovering pokemon, and i decided to play the games, starting with the original story and wokring my way up. im open to using remakes but im emulating all this so ahving trouble.

im going to another anons wedding this weekend and wanted my phone filled up with heart gold and omega ruby, however i am learning that its really hard to run nintendo DS games in emulation. seems worse on my laptop than on my phone.

is it REALLY worth playing the remakes or is playing silver and ruby just fine? whats the major differences besides redone graphics and shit?
>>
>>28128686
>omega ruby,
Ummm..... Anon. That's a 3ds game
>>
>>28128686
>omega ruby
>on a phone

how about you try not being retarded.
>>
>>28128722
>>28128727

my bad guys, wasnt thinking. never even checked if 3ds is emulateable at all.

but how worth it would it be to play those games? particularly soul silver?
>>
>>28128830
Just get a 2ds it only costs 80 bucks and it can play 3ds games
>>
>>28128686
Play the remakes. FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.
For gen 3, you need to play the GBA release or get a 3DS. Gen 4 and 5 are playable on a phone
>>
File: image.jpg (876KB, 3649x1607px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
876KB, 3649x1607px
>>28128849
And don't forget Pokemon x and y
>>
>>28128830
Soul Silver is considered by many to be one of the best games in the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>28128854
You need a 3ds to play gen 6 and gen 7 is also on the 3ds but it isn't out yet
>>
>>28128849

that was my original intent,. and i will buy one when i get back, but i dont have enough time to get one before the wedding, plus an emulator cartridge.

>>28128854

3ds eventually just wondering if the remakes are worth it.

fire red was a great, but outside of the controls it wasnt much better than the original i dont think.

what does the remakes have over the originals?
>>
>>28128888

any reason it oversahdows the original other than graphical update? since i can fast forward an emulation teh whole running shoes thing isnt a big deal to me.

the bigger quesiton is ruby/saphire? the original gba was great and the last set i played, my favorite ones, so i dont feel like it needs improvement. what does omega ruby have that ruby classic doesn't?

>>28128944

plan to when i get back from th ewedding
>>
File: 1447339866027.png (173KB, 906x533px) Image search: [Google]
1447339866027.png
173KB, 906x533px
>>28128830
ORAS emulates fine on a good processor (it can only use one single core so single core + Skylake yields the best results).

But only on computer and XY cannot be emulated at all.
>>
>>28129159

if i need to i can save the hard core games for when i get back and can play on 2ds or at least on my main computer (which emulates ps2 and nintendo wii just fine) but im just wondering if its worth the wait.

no one is telling me what omega ruby has over classic ruby other than the graphics. which is great, but if thats it, id rather be able to play it while traveling to this wedding.
>>
File: 1462619375063.png (58KB, 1043x334px) Image search: [Google]
1462619375063.png
58KB, 1043x334px
>>28129189
ORAS is easy as shit and has a modified story line compared to the originals. Also more legendaries and the infamous mega fug.

Also CRO just got merged into the official builds so sooner or later ORAS is going to be emulated better which in turn leads to the increased possibility of emulation on handhelds.
>>
>>28129189
The emulator runs at 1fps
It's better to buy it
Omega ruby has souringhttps://youtu.be/RFvxSvPIw5c
721 Pokemon
Mega evolution
New areas
Quests
Online trading and battling
>>
>>28129189
The remakes have updated battle mechanics. Won't mean much to you if you're just getting back into the series, but the new system makes a lot of Pokemon much more effective in battle. There's also all the new Pokemon in the remakes that aren't in the originals.
Also you should skip ruby and sapphire and play emerald instead, it's better in almost every way. Same goes for Diamond and Pearl, just pkay Platinum.
>>
>>28129240
I've seen it run at 60 FPS on someone else's computer. Runs @ 40 FPS here and it's on the chink builds.

Since CRO just got merged give it a few months and anon'll have flawless ORAS emulation.

Online battling means shit all since Showdown exists. He's better off saving for S&M unless he can get a moddable/hackable 3/2DS since hyper training will render ORAS completely useless.

ORAS doesn't even have Battle Frontier.
>>
>>28129257

idk why i didnt think of that, ic ould have downloaded emerald 386... but im already bonded with my mudkip...
>>
>>28129240

is it like the orange island stuff cuz i didnt bother with those in fire red.
>>
>>28128849
This.
Get a 2DS/Old 3DS, install Custom Firmware on it and enjoy.
I'm not sure how well do Old 3DS emulate SNES. At least on New 3DS it works like a charm.
>>
>>28129378
Kinda
>>
>>28129433

thats the long term plan but if i ordered a 2ds now it wont get here in time for the wedding, so i have to decide if its worth waiting, or if its cool to just play ruby/saphire on hte plane
>>
>>28129459
If your phone can't run NDS it has to be shit, even iphones can run HGSS at 200% and the specs are about 4x as bad as Android which got perfect NDS emulation years ago.
>>
>>28129459
You could get one at gamestop
>>
>>28129484
For PC you must enable JIT in DeSMuMe to run games at like 300% speed
>>
>>28129484

i have a blackberry so idk. could get my old iphone out and see what that does, but all the comments i saw in the emulators rating section said it doesnt play pokemon well for some reason, so yeah. plus the whole two screens on one screen didnt seem ideal.

>>28129487

cant get an emulation cartridge though, and its all fine, cuz id rather not spend into next month unless necessarry.

im gonna go ahead and play ruby on my phone, maybe silver if i have the time to beat the former. i jsut dont think the ruby remake is worth waiting for. need to do SOMETHING on this trip yeh?
>>
>>28129510

enable JIT? where is that? i dont even need 300% speed it just needs to move faster than what its at.
>>
>>28129517
R4 are like $4, god. Just emulate DS until you can afford a 3ds/homebrew or sky card.
>>
>>28129607

the price on the r4 card isnt the issue, its that it wouldnt get here in time (though netiher would a 2ds from amazon). i fly out wednesday.

i want to emulate a ds but my laptop cant do it, it moves too slow, and though i havent tested my phone yet the general consensus was that it doesnt wokr on phone either and is too slow.

you guys keep saying i HAVE to do this, but oyu guys dont say why.

otuside of graphics nothing worthwhile seems to be in the new versions. and the new graphics seem great but... need soemthing to do on the plane ride.
>>
>>28129638
>it doesnt wokr on phone either and is too slow.
Maybe, just maybe, if you mentioned what phone model do you have.
"I have a Blackberry" is not enough.
>>
File: 1450571604574.png (20KB, 420x187px) Image search: [Google]
1450571604574.png
20KB, 420x187px
>>28129524
>JIT
The first thing on Desmume's webpage mate.
I use iNDS for iphone. Needs a jailbreak to use and at least an iPhone 4 for the JIT speedup if I remember correctly.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.