[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be honest guys what are expecting from sun and moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0042.jpg (110KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
110KB, 578x327px
Lets be honest guys what are expecting from sun and moon?
>>
>>28126868
A game better than gen 5.
>>
>>28126868
To be better than gen6
>>
>>28126868
Literally X2 and Y2
>>
>>28126877
Because of you I hope it gets deleted
>>
>>28126868
Something better than XY & ORAS
>>
>>28126868
Good shit instead of gen 6
>>
>>28126868
To not be complete shit like XY and ORAS.
>>
are we really pretending that we haven't been playing the same game with roster and minor graphic updates for the past 20 years???
>>
File: ec3.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ec3.gif
924KB, 500x281px
Better than ORAS.
>>
>>28126868
Better than every gen before it

Just like every new gen
>>
>>28126911

Shouldn't be too hard to beat. Gen 6 had some neat ideas and fell on their faces because they spent so much of their time and effort trying to handle the conversion to 3D.

These games have longer development time and don't have that problem, so if it's a lack of features you're worried about I think you're safe.
>>
>>28126868
>>I expect mons i haven't seen in the fucking monthly teasers. For the love of arceus let there be something new by release.

>>better male customization, cause x/y was literally shit when it came to hairstyles and such.

>>a way to have rotomdex STFU, because i can see him becoming annoying pretty fucking fast.

>>I expect a humongodongous world map with undersea passages as well.

>>a great ass story, with nice legendary lore, like gen 4.

>>postgame to not leave the game feeling empty and soulless after beating the league

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>28127152

and core mechanics changes, new areas, tons of QoL shit, etc.

It's not a completely new genre every generation, but that hardly makes it innovation free.
>>
>>28126868
I'm expecting to enjoy my purchase. I'm hoping it'll be better than the last two games. I really like most of the things I've seen.
>>
>>28127183
Yeah I mean, I still enjoyed gen 6, but it just feels disappointing after the previous gens. Both games (XY and ORAS) feel rushed and incomplete, I don't know. From what we know already of gen 7, it seems like an improvement, although I'll try to be not too optimistic just in case, better surprised than disppointed again.
>>
I expect a minimum of 18 Pokemon lines to be appealing to me so that I can use them
I expect a lot of cool NPCs for me to crater into the Earth like Yamcha or a decent challenge would be a nice substitute
I expect a post-game Challenge feature on-par with E4 Rematches of previous games like BW2 and ORAS
I expect a decent story and good fun out of crushing Guzma's dreams
I would like a neat post-game facility that's new and/or taps into previous ideas like PWT or Frontier that were successful
>>
I expect:
An evil team I can respect
For the Trials to be more than just fetch quests or for them to at least be exciting
Some good twists
Allies who frequently show up to be involved story-wise
To like Hau

Also hoping for multiple side stories in the post-game instead of just one
>>
Good shit.

I expect the actual gameplay itself to be great, and breaking away from the gym system and HMs to go over really well. I expect the game to be a decent length if they have a challenge for every type, but that's just speculation at this point.

I'm worried about little touches though. I kind of expect customization to be underwhelming (i.e. sub XY level). I honestly have no clue about post-game but there hasn't been a good post-game in Pokemon for a while so my expectations are low there.
>>
File: 1467763045351.png (76KB, 364x214px) Image search: [Google]
1467763045351.png
76KB, 364x214px
>>28126868
I'm expecting it to be another shitty disappointment like XY and ORAS were.

With bland as fuck characters and story. Crappy designs. Terrible and short main game. Scarce post game. And a shit ton of missed opportunities.
>>
>>28126868
Fun online.
But XY and ORAS already had that.
>>
>>28126868
I hope they bring back the Wifi Plaza from Platinum and HGSS, I spent hours there back when the wifi severs were still up.
>>
>>28127667
>Translation: I didn't play XYORAS
>>
>>28127667
So you're expecting it to be better than gen 4 or 5 again? Sweet.
>>
File: 1472421768398.jpg (136KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472421768398.jpg
136KB, 600x900px
>>28128145
XY's characters and story were bland, boring, and unmemorable though. There was little to do in post game (especially compared to BW2) and even then, the stuff it had were clearly uninspired and lazily implemented. The main game suffered from terrible pacing issues, a horrendous level curve and was riddled with genwunner pandering. Plenty of useless features that were poorly thought out purely for the sake of having a gimmick.

ORAS was a direct remake of Ruby and Sapphire instead of being a remake of Emerald (the one with a better story) like HGSS was a remake of Crystal. The main game was boring and unmemorable. It also suffered from having a terrible level curve like XY. They copied a ton of features directly from XY without even tweaking them, like all the bottom screen feature of XY and Battle Maison. Delta Episode was very poorly written and pretty much all of it was spoiled before hand. The maps were pretty much 1:1 remakes, which means that the old map design was holding back the new graphics. They put no creative thought into remaking the maps which made them boring to explore. And it was disappointing to see that battle frontier didn't make a return. And lets not forget "here's your free mid-game legendary!".

Both games had the most boring legendary hunt in the series. XY especially was disappointing with how they handled Yveltal and Xerneas. Everything leading up to encountering them, the place and time, and generally how they were implemented were terrible and probably my biggest disappointment with the games. Zygarde and Mewtwo were just thrown in an easily accessible cave (no dungeon to go through or any effort at all reaching them). And then we get one of the Kanto birds because more genwun pandering. So basically there were only TWO new legendaries to catch per game.

(Cont.)
>>
>>28128145
>>28129133
And then ORAS, probably as an apology, decided they'll throw in every other legend in the series using hoopa portals. I'm more disappointed that we never even got to directly find Hoopa in ORAS, especially with how much he's involved in the games. One of the many missed opportunities.

XY was a rush-job and ORAS was a cash-grab. I won't deny the good that came out of the two games though. I had more fun with XY than I did with ORAS.

XY had a much better online system than past entries, and playing the series in the new 3d model graphics was sweet. Breeding was easier, but I don't play competitive. Nevertheless, I was lucky enough to find a perfect IV ditto like 2 months before pokebank came out so I was breeding mons for people (at first it was just to collect all megastones but then I did it on my spare time for nothing). Character customization, my favorite thing that came out of XY, was fun to play with. Though it definitely could've been better, especially for the male options.

ORAS...well dexnav was fun for the first hour I was using it but then got repetitive. Same with soaring, switched back to fly. Only legitamite fun I had with the game was exploring Sea Mauville.

Fuck, I wrote way more than I should have in a reply to bait.
>>
>>28126868
A game.
>>
>>28128145
>Translation: I'm a GameFreak shill

>>28128163
>Translation: I'm severely underage
>>
>>28127832
Better online is what I want. PSS was great but it couldve used a lot of simple improvements.
>>
The absolute best games on the series. It's the 20th anniversary game, it should be the best.

But instead is looking like XY 2.0, so I'm not hyped.
>>
>>28126868
A repeat of XY, judging by stuff we've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong, though.
>>
>>28126868
I expect not to get cucked by the following same-gen remake, ie. ORAS exclusive megas etv (see X/Y vs ORAS)
>>
It's looking to have lots of new improvements for online battling and that's all I really care about in the end, I always enjoy playing through a new gen for the first time regardless
>>
>>28126868
Starter final evos not including the luchalitten fag
>>
People will call Me a pretender but:

+120 new pokemons
+30 Alola forms
+Multiple starters evolutions and other pokèmon featuring this
>>
i want a spinda evolution...its not fair all these other bear pokemon get evos and spinda goes unloved :( #savespinda
>>
i expect it to be animal crossing new leaf tier

It's already on its way to be like that
>>
File: mudbray.png (243KB, 660x397px) Image search: [Google]
mudbray.png
243KB, 660x397px
>>28126868

New Pokémon.
>>
>>28126886
>Implying Gen 5 could ever be topped
>>
>>28126868
It only dawned on me the other day how much Lunala's shape kind of reminds me of Femto. Couldn't find a picture of him flying where they look more alike but you get the drift.
>>
File: Femto.full.1175146.jpg (2MB, 1400x1864px) Image search: [Google]
Femto.full.1175146.jpg
2MB, 1400x1864px
>>28131525
fug
>>
>>28126868
a fun and casual romp through a vibrant and colorful region to help me forget how much I hate the world and myself
>>
16 hour gameplay
Copy and paste battle maison
>>
Two weeks of entertainment which will quell the roaring emptiness within me briefly as I catch up on the new Pokemon for my living Dex, then years of shitposting and wishful thinking about Gen 8.
>>
>>28126868
Difficulty to be above gens 1 2 and 6, but below gens 3 4 and 5
Content will be like BW in that it doesn't compare to revisit versions, but is still better than the standard introduction set.
>>
>>28131495
There is nothing special about Gen 5.
Stop this meme /vp/
>>
>>28126868
Changes to the Battle Spot so that we can have 6v6 single battles instead of 3v3 singles. Perhaps a search feature to look for what kind of battles we want to participate in and it searches out for another trainer looking for the same across the globe. Also from the looks of the trailers and the E3 gameplay I am loving this gen so far.
>>
A game that will achieve none of the desires of the aging Pokemon fans such as increased difficulty, no hand holding and no pandering.
Will be fun for a casul playthrough, capture of everything new (to add to my living dex), then just play pokemon showdown or inject teams for wifi battles
>>
I want my nig Red and some of the older trainers to be in it
>>
>>28126868
A game that let's you enjoy the most of the Pokemon world and it's new region, we don't even care if the game is easier than gen 6 . All we want is an enjoyable game where it feels like you're inside the game and the relationships with the mons and any characters are strong enough to be equal to our real life relationships.
>>
>>28127153
I legitimately enjoyed ORAS. Can someone please elaborate as to why there is so much dislike regarding that game here?
>>
More than 60 new pokemon

Alola/Mega don't count.
>>
Great things
>>
>>28132481
It isn't Emerald.
>>
File: 1466086657702.png (65KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466086657702.png
65KB, 225x225px
>mfw nintendo always get away with releasing the same game twice
I wish I could be as good of a conman
>>
>>28131660
This, except for the living dex part.
>>
>>28132610

The best example was R/B/Y

Oh you can't catch these pokemon in your game but every random mook you encounter will use them against you lol lucky i grew out of my OCD once I acquired all 151 as a kid
>>
>>28131483
fuck off Richard
>>
>>28132589
But ORAS is better than Emerald.
>>
I was thinking about buying them,but they just started showing crap after crap until they killed the hype for me.I might buy the game,because I want to battle online...
>>
I'll be happy if it's the same quality of XY. It was a good game and gets too much shit.
>>
File: whatgives.jpg (217KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
whatgives.jpg
217KB, 500x400px
>>28133006
But its an R/S remake. Why would they bother remaking only the inferior versions and not implement Emerald content on the "unpolished" version like they did with HG/SS? Its mind boggling people would actually defend this poor game design decision.
>>
>>28133006
Said no one ever.
>>
>>28126868
The ability to marry your pokemon
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.