[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: HNI_0047.jpg (13KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0047.jpg
13KB, 250x228px
Everything that can learn Toxic can use the Poison-type Z-move.

How does this destroy the meta?
>>
To use a Z-Move, the pokemon has to hold the Z-crystal of the type.
>>
>>28121832
I know.

But think about all those big, bad, scary Fairies that people have been bitching about in gen 6. Now they're all afraid to switch in, because they might get roflstomped by Machamp or Garchomp.
>>
File: doc.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
doc.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>28121742
>Everything that can learn Toxic can use the Poison-type Z-move
That's how it works, OP
>>
File: HNI_0086.jpg (36KB, 241x403px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0086.jpg
36KB, 241x403px
>>28122096
>That's how it works
I know.

No one else thinks it could be a big deal for things that are shut down by Fairies to carry an anti-Fairy nuke?
>>
>>28122269
Most pokemon run a coverage move that fucks over types they hate. Having a stronger one at the cost of a held item isn't that big of a change.
>>
>>28122269
I think it highly depends on the base power of Z moves, and if they're physical special, or if there's a version for each spectrum.

If they have around, say, 150 bp and 100 accuracy, and factor in the user's highest offensive stat, to solve the issue of phy/spc split, I guess garchomp can consider packing toxic to hit azumarill with the poison Z move. At the same time, fairies could pack the fire/fighting Z move to fuck steel types over. Gengar could pack a fighting Z move to have a reliable out to dark types considering focus blast has shit accuracy. And so on.

I can't really say how much of an impact it will have as a whole. There are mons that really need to hold items that already exist to do their thing, so maybe the Z move thing will develop as A) a surprise factor, B) a last resort or C) both.
>>
>>28123242
>toxic
but it gets poison jab
>>
File: 1446277743988.png (189KB, 294x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446277743988.png
189KB, 294x282px
>>28121742
>Everything can use the Normal-type Z-move.
>>
>>28121742
Lots of pokemon learn Taunt, so Dark Z-Move will be very common. Taunt isn't a bad move to throw on random guys either, it can be annoying for defensive teams.

Calm Mind, Light Screen, Reflect, and Bulk Up are rather common too, so Psychic and Fighting Z-Moves will be all over the place.

Thunder Wave is pretty common, so expect that Z-Move to be common if it's any good.

Lots of Pokémon learn Sandstorm, Rain Dance, and Sunny Day, so Rock Water, and Fire Z-Moves could show up on unexpected pokemon.

Eeve learns Sand Attack, so Leafeon and Flareon could potentially get desperately needed ground coverage from a Z-Move t the cost of having fucking Sand Attack on one of their slots.
>>
>>28123331
>150 BP
>>
>>28123391
I think you missed the point
why would garchomp run toxic in order to have access to the poison type z-move when some sets already run poison jab
>>
>>28121742
watch toxic not be a tm in sun and moon
>>
>>28121742
>poison
>useful offensive typing
>>
>>28123417
more reliable OHKO's
>>
File: 1411672030735.jpg (36KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1411672030735.jpg
36KB, 699x637px
>>28123519
>>
>>28123536
but poison is mostly a support type anon
>>
>>28123390
Almost every Pokemon learns Rest too.
>>
>>28123546
But, using Rest on most Pokemon is essentially throwing them away.

A Psychic-type Z-move wouldn't be that scary. Psychic has little to no use in the meta except as a neutral-hitting STAB.
>>
>>28123417
I was just putting that as an example, of course it can run poison jab (and as far as poison moves go on garchomp, that should always be the one of choice).

The point is, if you can activate your Z move whenever you want, you can play practical mind games on your foe. Talonflames running bulk up aren't the most common but they exist. Watch a surprise 150 4 times effective fighting attack destroy tyranitar, one of the most common talonflame checks. Gardevoirs running will-o-wisp to have a 4 times effective answer to the enemy's ferrothorn/excadrill. Things like that might become a thing, and prediction/mind games could play a huge part.
>>
>>28123530
you are dense. he would bring poison jab to have it when not using the z move as well
>>
>>28123417
Toxic is more useful overall, considering you get an attacking poison type move anyways.

Why would you run 2 poison type offensive moves, when one is presumably much better than the other?
>>
>>28123692
Because the other one only works once, so it's easy to predict it and switch in a metal Pokemon.
>>
>>28123692
You can't run both, I think Z moves replace the base move on the turn they're selected, and then the move goes back to what it was.

If that's the case Garchomp might still need posion jab later on in the match for whatever reason, and it might have no use for toxic, on the other hand. It highly depends on the player and the way the team is built, I'd say.
>>
>>28122269
In doubles, sure. Z-Crystals are basically stronger versions of Gems from Gen V. You won't be seeing them on many sets for that reason in singles.
>>
I'm never abandoning leftovers on the typical Pokemon who would run Toxic etc, so I don't really think it'll be a big thing. At least on bulky Pokemon who don't suffer from 4-Move syndrome. As many OU Pokemon do.
>>
The potential here is limited by the requirement (as far as we know) that the PLAYER have a "matching Z gem equipped".

Now, maybe Z-gems are gradually unlocked and added to the Z-bracelet over the course of the game but assuming they aren't, the potential for running "nuclear option" sets is pretty limited. You can't pack out 2 or 3 Z-mons and decide situationally which nuke to use. You have to build your team with a single nuke.

And most mons who appreciate having the nuke to deal with a common counter probably DON'T appreciate losing their Choice-whatever or LO bonus.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.