[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best evolution surprise moment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3KB, 160x144px
Remember the time when there's no internet to spoil the evolution line of your poke, and how surprised you were at that time

The moment when the stupid fish become a fucking monster is the best. I was a happy little fucker
>>
File: HNI_0020.jpg (168KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0020.jpg
168KB, 613x560px
>>28119634
>1998
>Not buying the strategy guide

>1999
>Not having AOL
>>
>>28119634
>Being surprised by Gyarados's evolution
>Not watching the anime first and seeing James, jackass that he is, cause his Magikarp to evolve into Gyarados through abuse
>>
>>28119634
I've never played through a game fully blind before. Even when I played Crystal I got it later than all my friends so I knew all the pokemon.

I'm going to try and go completely blind for the next region though. Maybe I'll even skip a game or two so I have a whole bunch of new mons. If Sun/Moon are shit I'll probably wait until they do a colder region to be honest. I don't like the tropics.
>>
>>28119634
>Magikarp didn't have attack moves
>child me didn't even have patience for that shit

Nope, didn't experience this
>>
>>28119634
Dewott-->samurott
I liked samurott
Servine-->serperior
I started playing in early gen 5 and I didn't bother to look anything up
>>
>>28119754
I tried going blind for gen V

>Oshawott is cute af
>didn't like Dewott's blue face
>Samurott is even less likeable

I went without my starter for that gameplay
>>
Playing pokemon blind since 1st gen, i admit that its more fun this way, Now its hard to avoid spoilersfrom the net.
>>
>>28119891
Ikr,
> frens raging about samurott and emboar
> chose snivy
> dissapointed anyway
>>
>>28119749
Glad i left it in the daycare
>>
>>28119973
lol I kinda like Snivy's evolution line and it looks even better with gen VI's 3d models

If I don't like SM's starters I might try and get a Snivy traded over
>>
Went blind for my first Ruby run and picked Torchic. Seeing it grow made me go through "ohgodwhy" and then "HOLYFUCKINGSHITALLOFMYWANT". It went the other way with my Treecko run, even though I like Sceptile more overall. He doesn't really look as good as Grovyle, even though mega fixes his looks a bit.
>>
>you will never have the surprise of seeing a pokemon evolve and having no idea what the result will be because GF reveals them all
>>
>>28119634
Nobody would ever train a Magikarp if they didn't know it evolved into Gyarados.

You either knew it because you watched it in the show or checked the pokedex.
>>
I remember when my luvdisc evolved into alomomola I was so giddy and excited
>>
Nobody on this board remembers that because they were all born after 2000
>>
>>28119634
But npcs in rby hinted at gyarados. In fact, pretty sure someone in fuchsia city explicitly stated it.
>>
>>28122040
Like i said, i left it in pokemon daycare

>>28122616
I was a little kid, didnt talk to every npc, even if i did, i dont read them
>>
File: HNI_0049.jpg (28KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0049.jpg
28KB, 500x357px
>>28122602
>yfw I was born in 1985
>>
Still waiting for the lvl for my graveler to evolve even when im about to finish the game, during my rby playthrough.
>>
>tfw no surprise since GSC because I got the RS guidebook and started following Corocoro reveals with DP
Well there was me discovering Nosepass evolving on Kalos Route 13 on my own.
>>
>>28119634
>Remember the time when there's no internet to spoil the evolution line of your poke
The TCG, anime, guide books, and all sorts of merchandising existed.
>>
>>28119634

I was surprised when Dunsparce was still a useless piece of shit and I dealt with it hoping it would evolve
>>
>>28121141

The only time they did this was ORAS

The only new shit they had was Mega's and they showed fucking all of them

They even had Delta episode spoiled
>>
I remember back when we were all actively trying to find more Mega stones

The first few days of X and Y was amazing

It was funny that the first sighting of Mega Aggron and Tyranitar was the Balloons from Super training
>>
>implying any kid would use a shitmon like magikarp until he gained a level

lol
>>
Here's hoping we don't get too spoiled

I'm planning to stop following by October

But that won't stop YouTube from shoving every knew video Gamefreak posts on the front page
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.