[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: pokemon-bank-facebook.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-bank-facebook.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
What went wrong?
>>
Controls are shit that's it.
>>
>>28117073
Nothing, as the service continues, it will be compatible with SM and the VC games.
However...
> Can't use touch screen
>>
Charging people money for kilobytes worth of data storage.
>>
>>28117132
Just use phbank if $5 means that much to you
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 600x450px
>>28117073
What meme are you trying to start?
>>
>>28117132
Okay, don't use the service, go buy a second ds and game to store things in, should be much cheaper.
>>
>>28117132
It's cheap as shit, and you only have to pay once.
>>
>>28117073
Really, nothing.
>>
>>28117132
bruh, it's just 5 dollars for a year.
That's a happy meal at mcdonalds.
It's a good, convenient service that you can use across multiple games.
>>
>>28117132
How poor do you have to be that $5 a year is too much for you?

Not being able to use the touch screen does suck though.
>>
>>28117073
Item storage. Really, how hard can it be ?
In rest, it's pretty good, no need to fear of my file getting corrupted and loosing everyone.
>>
>>28117132

Maybe they were charging for the development costs, not hosting space.

And in any case, it's $5. That's so incredibly small, how is it even worth it to bother complaining?
>>
>>28117073
It should be better integrated into the games themselves. Having it be a separate application is clunky and cumbersome.

Other than that, nothing. Should it be free? Yeah. But it's so dirt cheap anyway, I don't really care.
>>
>>28117132
>Being a poorfag
>>
>>28117143
>>28117153
>>28117183
>>28117205
>>28117254
>>28117263
>>28117339
>GameFreak refuses to give players multiple save files
>charges you extra if you want to be able to do fun Nuzlocke runs while keeping all of your Pokemon
>defending this
The price is not the issue
>>
>>28117073
Nothing went wrong op, i appreciate the service and if you dont like it then have nothing to do with it.

Also i just finished my live dex, if i store it on pokebank, is there a chance pokebank could one day corrupt and i lose everything?
>>
>>28117391
>charges you extra if you want to be able to do fun Nuzlocke runs while keeping all of your Pokemon

Or, think of it this way: Instead of forcing you to buy a second copy of the game for your fun Nuzlocke runs, they've given you a way to keep your Pokemon for far less money.
>>
>>28117132

Still cheaper and more convient then buying another system to move Pokemon between games.
>>
>>28117391
>GameFreak
>Giving a shit
>>
>>28117397

Only if you forget to do your yearly payment.
>>
>>28117391
Found op trying to complain about even more stupid things.
Hi you probably hack.
>not understanding that multiple save files degrades the value of each file
>not understanding that one save file brings sentiment and attachment to that one world and universe and your pokemon within it
>not understanding that pokemon has built a closeness that no game ever will simply because of their one save file method
The more save files the more worthless each ome becomes.
>>
>>28117397
It's not stored locally, it's stored on Nintendo's servers. So while there's always a chance that their servers could become corrupted, it's a lot less likely than if you saved the data on your own system.
>>
>>28117512

OP is an idiot, but this isn't much better. I'm okay with only one save file, but I'm certainly not going to defend it as an actually good thing.
>>
>>28117391
It probably has something to do with save file size. Maybe allowing one extra save file would be fine with size capability these days, but there's a lot of information packed into the Pokemon games and since saves are on the cartridge and not the system, more save files mean more space eaten up and less content Gamefreak can pack into the games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqArWXCk7gA
N O E X C U S E
>>
File: 123453851274.jpg (46KB, 999x924px) Image search: [Google]
123453851274.jpg
46KB, 999x924px
>>28117073
Charging for it, transfer issues, even inferior to the homebrew alternative, etc.

Before you go >BEING A POORFAG
They could've done it in other ways, it was just designed to get more bucks for no real reason.
Not to mention when the service goes down, gen 5-gen 6 compatibility will be FOREVER lost.
Another gen 2-3 issue, all because of game freak stupidity/Jewishness.
>>
>>28117566

In gen 1 the reason was that due to memory limitations, they had to pick between multiple save files and letting you nick name all your Pokemon, they chose the latter.

As for later gens, its just because they're jews who want to make sure parents buy each of their kids their own copy instead of making them share.
>>
>>28117600
>Not to mention when the service goes down, gen 5-gen 6 compatibility will be FOREVER lost.
The entire point of Bank is that it's going to last for a long time
>>
>>28117600
>it was just designed to get more bucks for no real reason

It clearly took additional development resources, considering it wasn't ready for launch alongside XY, and then had issues that delayed it another few weeks. I don't like charging for key features either, but in this case it obviously required work and time above and beyond the core games. So $5 to recoup those resources, only from people who actually use the feature, doesn't seem entirely unfair to me.
>>
File: 1469051574079.png (118KB, 310x212px) Image search: [Google]
1469051574079.png
118KB, 310x212px
>>28117674
Sure it will anon
>>
File: 1283761702328.jpg (191KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
1283761702328.jpg
191KB, 700x615px
Pokemon Bank is great, I wouldn't say it "went wrong". $5/year well spent. Granted, its a niche product, and not for everyone. But so were My Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Box RS. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Things that I would like to see:
>sorting options
>filter options
>touch screen option
>>
>>28117073
Charging money for a service that used to be free. The only only expense was the games and the device in previous years.
>>
File: 1446675912600.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1446675912600.png
74KB, 300x256px
>5 bucks to transfer pokemon
>will have to repay 5 bucks if I want to replay the games later and also transfer them
>>
>>28117751
>The only only expense was the games and the device in previous years.

You say that like it's a minor thing. Being able to transfer irrespective of what or how many systems you have, and the promise that this compatibility will continue for the foreseeable future regardless of what system any game is on, is well worth $5 to me.
>>
The user interface and controls are complete shit, it doesn't make sense that it controls worse than the existing box interfaces in existing games.

Otherwise I don't have any complaints. It sure as hell beats buying another copy of the game just to store my living pokedex, never mind all the other shit I have.
>>
they only reason I use it is so that I will have a new from blue version in Pokemon sun and moon
>>
>>28117773
So just buy a new copy of the game instead. Then you can avoid problem entirely.
>>
>>28117143
>phbank
Does this support the vc versions?
>>
>>28117821
...what?
There's no other way to transfer gen 5/4/3 pokemon.
>Then you can avoid problem entirely.
Stop shilling for gamefreak to support your family Ivan.
>>
>>28117751
>Only expense was a separate 70+dollar system and a 30+ dollar game
At most Bank has cost 15 dollars?
>>
File: 1437020015509.jpg (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1437020015509.jpg
42KB, 625x626px
>>28117512
>>
>>28117751
I don't recall that Pokemon Box game for the Gamecube being free either.
>>
>>28117685
>Your shiny living dex is suddenly, and without warning taken from you forever
>>
>>28117819
Hey. That's a good idea
>>
>>28117833
There is a special Phbank for that, PHbankGB. It will probably support VC->genVII transfer, but it really depends on save format research
>>
>>28117877
>your years of catching pokemon in kanto and johto, your shinies, your competitive and trained level 100 pokemon, the first ones you ever got, are taken from you forever
>>
pay to win
>>
>>28117877
>without warning

Even when online services for Pokemon and other series have ended, Nintendo has given ample warning. If they were to shut down Pokebank without giving any warning, everyone would certainly have a very legitimate complaint. But that won't happen. They'd give months of advance notice, minimum.
>>
>>28117073
They started deleting people's Pokemon hat only take 20kbs of data up just because they unsubscribed for a few months.
>>
>>28117391
>ITS DA PRINCIPLE OF DA MATTER

Go to bed, Gandhi.
>>
>>28117971
>Unsubscribed

Well, why did they unsubscribe without getting all their pokemon onto a cart first? Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>28117971
Once your subscription expires, you can still withdraw Pokemon at will. If you let them sit there for months even though you could have withdrawn them at any time, you're basically taking advantage of a service that you're no longer paying for. A grace period of a few months of free storage seems quite generous.
>>
>>28117391
>>28117600
Threadly reminder that yearly payments was implemented because GF wanted to shut up execs and board members who would get assblasted about devoting resources for a free/one time fee product (like they did with Dream World and My Pokemon Ranch, and that this guarantees it always covers development and upkeep costs and is a source of revenue to not discontinue. With it being server based, it'll be accessible to all future generations by virtue of just needing a program that can link to your account on a new system.

As for the transfer tool, the only way the transfer could work reliably was with 2 apps, one to transfer the mons off a DS cart by acting as DSiWare, and one to transfer data to the 3DS Cart in the same way as Dream Radar for BW2. If 3DS internet service goes down, transfers won't work anymore, but that's something that could be patched before it comes to that, and given that the Wii shop channel is still going and the DSi Shop is only just closing more than 5 years after it got phased out of relevance, that isn't an issue in the near future. Also by then we might have the DS games on VC and a much more direct way of transferring Gen 4 mons without the bullshit minigame.
>>
>>28117971
You're given a 90 day grace period, and even then they've really only started enforcing it within the last year or so, and it seems they do purges only occasionally. If you lapse over the 90 days it's still not a guarantee that they'll be deleted until they decide to check.
>>
>>28117255
>>28117332

These are my only real complaints about it, though i would lke to have more boxes, maybe 200-300, because the way i'm organizng my living dex, i don't completely fill up each boxes because it's messy and unorganised so i fear i will run out of boxes before i have all the pokemon and their form differences.
>>
No console pokemon game that automatically connects to the bank so you can use whatever pokemon you like

Crap controls

The interface isn't the most intuitive

When you renew it adds 365 days to today, not 365 days from when it expires
>>
>>28119032
>When you renew it adds 365 days to today, not 365 days from when it expires

it works out the same though anon
>>
>>28119130
When you renew when you have fourteen days left, and they go 365 days from then that is not the case, you've lost two weeks
>>
they could had just make the Pokemon storage on your SD card instead of the cloud. I'm sure they could try to do some wizardy to avoid hacks, but it's not like people that want their Pokemon hacked won't find a way.
>>
>>28119173
oh right, though you meant 14+365, that's stupid,

though you could just wait the last 2 weeks, even after your subsciption ends you don't lose your pokes straight away, you have time to renew it or take your pokemon back iirc
>>
>>28119309
I'll be doing that from now on, though I'm afraid that I'll forget at some point
>>
>>28117073
I dont get it, you can get a hacked pokemon trough powerbank with a cherish ball, but not use that pokemon online after. Do they use two different systems to detect hacks?
>>
They deleted all my pokemon that I put in there for the free trial.
>>
>>28120161

How long did you leave them there?
>>
>>28120288
I never touched pokemon since pokebank came out until I got oras recently. I checked X and Y amd it was mostly empty then I remembered about Pokebank
>>
>>28120363

Not sure how you can blame them, then. You were given a free trial, not five years of free storage. You have to expect they'd be deleted at a certain point.
>>
>>28119216
the whole point is having a futureproof transfer method. even when the 3ds is dead, bank will work just fine and will probably be the gen to gen transfer method as long as the internet is a thing. wouldn't work if it was locally stored on the 3ds.
>>
I haven't used Pokemon Bank yet but I will do so once Sun/Moon comes out to transfer all the things I've caught in Omega Ruby.

How exactly does this work? Does it allow you to keep backups of some Pokemon or is it merely storage/transfer?
I'm mostly paranoid about my save file being corrupted, but I realize this might be a retarded question since backups would be easily exploitable to duplicate Pokemon.
>>
>>28120645
Storage/Transfer. You could always mod your 3DS and back up your save that way
>>
>>28117898
and then they were doomed to die as your battery slowly drained, and even if you changed it removing it when you change it causes the data to be fucked
>>
>>28117898
literally had 999+ hours played on my silver save as a kid with no knowledge that this could happen

almost shed a tear when I turned my gameboy on and there was no save
>>
>>28117183
>you only have to pay once.

That's wrong, retard.
>>
>>28117073
Paying and not sending in hacked Pokémon, Professor, IMO is just BORING. etc.
>>
>>28121185
Well that sucks but I can understand why it works that way.
I guess I can still use Poke Bank to keep -some- of my favorite Pokemon safe in case the worst happens.
Modding my 3DS may or may not be out of the question since I always upgrade, I haven't really looked into it.
>>
>>28117073
no items, the only problem with this shit.
>>
File: 1414376006557.jpg (54KB, 347x340px) Image search: [Google]
1414376006557.jpg
54KB, 347x340px
Wait, do they seriously get deleted

I haven't touched bank since x/y

I put all of my event mons in there
>>
File: 1467852827494.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467852827494.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>28117512
Hi Verlis
>>
>>28117132
Honestly, this. The entirety of the data per player doesn't even amount to 1MB. They could have easily offered this shit for free, regardless of how cheap it is

The fact that it's a yearly thing also reduces its usefulness as a long term storage option as mons will eventually get wiped once your subscription ends. I find it's actually a better option to leave all your Pokemon in the cartridge and use Bank to migrate them when a new game comes out rather than storing them in the Pokebank. This could have been done so much better but then again,

>Nintendo
>online
>>
>>28121456
They didn't start deleting until somewhere after ORAS's launch because I remember a thread where someone was surprised their mons were still there after they only did the trial and forgot to renew.

Most likely though they've done multiple sweeps since then and purged defunct accounts
>>
>>28121849
If they didn't charge there'd be no incentive to their execs to keep financing it and keep it updated for the future. The fact that it is cloud storage means they can develop apps for later systems to connect and get/add mons to it. And you're given a grace period to renew so you aren't fucked if you forget, and if $5 cheeses you off so bad you can abuse the grace period to pay $5 for 15 months.
>>
>>28117748
A niche option? If you don't have homebrew (and 90% of normal players don't) what the hell are your other options?
>>
>>28117751
No but you had to play a shitty minigame in Gens 4 and 5, and were even limited to 6 mon a day in DP. With Bank, you can transfer 30 in a few minutes.
>>
>>28119384
I forgot for ages, recently started playing pokemon again and renewed after having it expired some time, encountered no problems. Who told you guys you'll "lose your pokes"? More like "lose access until you pay". Maybe if it went years? But chill lol
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.