[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your least favorite generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
breeding was best, the new Pokémon were amazing in design, amie, super training, and wonder trading were based, customizable trainers were neat (but ORAS dropped that), it had nice events and that's about it.

This gen was the most generic feeling borefest where nothing went everywhere, the new evil team and nonsensical region design were forgettable, Pokémon colors and cries were shit on, and not even the new champion is anything to care about.

I stole somebody's youtube thumbnail off of Google Images because I'm unable to make my own collab pic right now
>>
Gen 2.

But honestly every Gen has good and bad points at the end of the day I like them all.
>>
of the ones I played? gen 6XY

I don't hate it but it is the worst outise ofthe great guality of life changes.
>>
Either gen 5 or 6
>dude the new games suck lol
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed them to some extent, but unova felt so gray and dull and the UI or region or something about kalos especially made me want to throw up. I just can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>28110019

Generation 2 for me.

Night and Day were fun and the music was good, but it felt more like a rushed bandaid for how bad the mechanics of Gen 1 were.

The majority of the Pokemon were already made in gen 1 and ended up impossible to attain places until post-elite 4, and it had the biggest collection of shit mon of any generation. For every design I could find that wasn't Ass in Gen 2, I could find 3 of any other Gen.

Everything nice I can think to say about it boils down to Atmosphere and design, and Gen 3 trumped it in just about every way there. Even Gen 3 with how many shit designs and weak mon it put out managed to far surpass Gen 2 for total good Mon.

The best part of Gen 2 were the remakes, which added the good parts from later generations. That's basically it.
>>
Gen III.

I will forever be mad about not being able to bring my Gen 2 pokemon into it.

I have always hated everything associated with that gen. I never use Hoenn Pokemon. I release every one I catch to fill up Pokedex. When games give me free Hoenn starters, I name racial slurs and release them. Fuck Hoenn.
>>
Gen 1.

I'm being honest, most of the designs are boring, and the outdated mechanics make it even more frustrating to enjoy.

No abilities, held items, natures, etc

I loved it growing up, but at least for me Nostalgia does not make an archaic game good.
>>
>>28110019
Bottom three for me:
Gen IV
Gen II
Gen VI
You're still giving too much credit to VI, since half of features you meantion as 'good' was done lazily, plus almost all new mons were bad.
>>
>>28110019
Gen 2, but only the original GSC, since HG/SS solved most of my problems

But yeah, the main reason for why it's my least favorite gen is cause of the pokemon themselves. There's a reason why I call it the "dex filler" gen. No seriously, the only pokemon worth using were Feraligatr, T-tar, the Legendaries, Skarmory and maybe Ampharos also. Other then that, either were stupidly weak and needed an evolution or have awkward/terrible stats distribution. I'm forever thankful that Gen 4 brought a such needed boost to pokemon like Sneasel or Togetic and Yanma and didn't let them be dex fillers forever.
>>
>>28110019
X&Y
Awful story, annoying side characters, shit pokemon.
Never picked it back up after finishing it. Zero replay value, dressing up your trainer is overrated, and that's coming from somone who loves to customize shit.
>>
>>28110019
I got burnt out from the series during Gen V, so I guess for me it's V.

Though I honestly enjoyed replaying it when I came back to the series after X/Y was released.
>>
>>28110212
true. Male clothing options being as small as it is and literally no DLC for more clothing articles is unforgivable, Wonder Trading took forever and yielded far too many zigzagoons, and Super Training still never showed IV numbers.
I do genuinely enjoy the rest of my "good" list, though, especially 95% of the new Pokémon designs.
But it still doesn't save a shit gen from being a shit gen
>>
Gen IV, as it has the worst region, characters and new Pokémon. But if we count HGSS as Gen IV, then Gen VI was the worst (I like ORAS, but didn't enjoy XY).
>>
Gen V because BW1 was so bad

BW2 are my favorite Pokemon games and one of my favorite games period but BW1 is that bad
>>
Gen I, because everything sucked apart from Pokémon orginality.
Gen V, because everything sucked apart from a great story.
>>
Gen III.
>>
>>28110019
Gen VI
>Breeding for competitive pokemon was easier than ever
>Amie was the shit
>Super training was fine

However
>Story was retarded
>AZ was included just to have some sad story and nothing else.
>Most of your rivals were useless and annoying
>The bad guy team was almost as bad Gen III
>Shoehorning Megas and even handing out Megas like candy
>Piss easy and made it easier by breaking the exp share
>Most forgettable characters of any gen
>>
So, I don't know if this would be the thread to ask this, but after a near decade of not giving a shit about pokemon, I kinda feel like trying that shit again, and I want to play one of the newer ones that are on 3DS, since I can easily obtain them.

I guess the question is which should I pick up, X/Y or the R/S remakes?
>>
Gen IV (Mainly D/P, I haven't played through very much of Platinum, so maybe some of this might not be valid for that).

Good:
> Varied region with many nice points of interest
> Well-paced story
> Much more balanced gameplay (primarily due to the attack split)
>Great post-game

Bad:
> Starters are my least favorite
> Most Pokemon are forgettable IMO
> Pokemon type distribution is shit (ie why are there only 5 new fire types, 3 which are the starter family, one which is an evolution of an older Pokemon, and one which is a legendary?)
> Speaking of which, why the fuck is there a Fire type Elite 4 with only two Fire types!?!
> Most of the Pokemon are evolutions of older Pokemon, most of which you couldn't get until after the main game.
>>
>>28110576

Did you play RSE?

ORAS are probably better overall, but if you did play the Hoenn games previously and want a fresher experience than play XY.

While they're far from perfect, ignore the hyperbole; they're both alright, just not anywhere near the best games pokemon has produced.

Do turn off the Exp Share though, its a great post game EV training and leveling tool, but it destroys any semblance of difficulty in the main game.
>>
>>28110019
Gen 4.

•Awful engine
•Mostly just a rehash of gen 3
•Worst remake
•Only actual addition to the franchise is the phys/spec split which was halfassed as fuck and ruined a ton of old Pokemon
>>
>>28110607
I basically played LeafGreen as a kid, and that was it, so I guess I will snag ORAS.

So, what does ORAS have over X/Y?
>>
gen 6 by far
>fucking "friends" in XY
>mandatory teleports
>handout pokemon out the ass (a fucking LEGENDARY in ORAS)
>box legendary with a catch rate made for pussies (XY)
>introduced the easy moddo EXP share (yeah i know its optional, but the fact that it exists is still a blight)
>lumiose city
>>
>>28110044

What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>28110019
Gen III was my least favourite, and also the gen I originally stopped playing on. Because of that, I already had a bad taste in my mouth going into ORAS. This was compounded by the fact that ORAS didn't make any meaningful changes to the game over X and Y. This has been a tedious game for me, but I can't wait for Gen VII.
>>
>>28110654
Pretty sure it's supposed to read

>I don't hate it but it is the worst outside of the great quality of life changes.
>>
>>28110650
>Capture rate: 45
>28% chance to capture with a quick ball on the first turn
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
Gen 6. XY were just simply said, not good games. Actually regret spending 40 bucks on Y.
>>
>>28110636
ORAS has most of the good features of XY except customization along with some new additions of its own.

The main game itself is actually pretty fun, its just that its difficulty level is pretty low, you get handed some very powerful tools (Exp Share All, Latios or Latias and your megastones) pretty early on, and its post game is underwhelming.

On the plus side, its got secret bases, great Pokenav features including Dexnav, contests with a new cutie 3.14 character, revamped and improved (characterwise, they're still pushovers) Team Magma and Team Aqua, and the rematch E4 and champ is actually pretty strong as these things go.

Its a good platform for challenge runs. The best one being the Good Son playthrough where you run mononormal to make Norman proud.
>>
Gen I
while it started it all for me, it aged so horribly bad and is unplayable nowadays
>>
File: 1471705631992.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471705631992.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>28110019
>it's another vp hates gen 6 episode
>>
>>28110019
Gen 6 is my favorite.
>breeding was best
>the new Pokémon were amazing in design
>super training
>wonder trading
and soon:
>hyper training

I also really enjoy the 3D models.
>>
>>28110019
I hate Hoenn and I hate the Sevii Islands
>>
6 is the only one I hate, I enjoyed games of all previous generations.
>>
5 was a drag to get through. The new pokemon felt like fakes desu, I still don't like 95% of the gen 5 mons. The region was bland, the battles looked like shit, and worst of all was the overload of legendaries. I never played gen 4 so I dont know where it went wrong. Gen 6 was not terrible, except for the horrible "friends".

Gen 2 is best gen.
>>
>>28110019

Gen 5 was the worst cuz there's some bullshit anime story that doesn't even do a good job. It tries to be edgy and morally ambiguous and you play second fiddle to the true main character, who is actually special and can tall to Pokemon and is a legendary hero. Youre just some scrub . What the fuck is the point
>>
>>28110019
Gen 6 for reasons that have already been discussed to the moon and back.
>>
>>28111738
>it's bad becausebit tried to be different!!
>i'm just a scrub and not THE chosen one even though I've been the gary stu for 4 generations straight!!
>>
>>28111738
yes i think so. 5 was worst. Anime and the game. Yes, most of you love " B/W 2 " But pokemon of the generation 5 were really bad for me. Only 3 or 4 of them were looking okay and wrth to be in my party. I can remember only starters and Croocdile and Big fat ground water frog. I dont even liked its Fossil pokemon. Turtle ? Fucking turtle you give me as a fossil gen 5 ? Fuck you gen 5. Yes i am fossil maniac.
>>
>>28111185
Not that anon but I know what I'm doing for my next runthrough of ORAS.

>>28110019
Probably gen IV for me, it's the gen I skipped and when I went back to play it it just seemed underwhelming (I have got platinum but have no motivation or desire to play to the end of the sinnoh games again) and Flint was a massive let down as far as fire type elite 4 members go (seriously a fire type elite 4 member in a region with fuck all fire types is madness.)
>>
>>28111873
>Not that anon but I know what I'm doing for my next runthrough of ORAS.

It's helps that ORAS is pretty kind to normal types. Swellow is good, especially if you Dexnav a good one, Linoone is a solid HM pokemon that holds its own in battles with Headbutt spam, Exploud is versatile and Slaking hits like a truck, and Truant isn't the death sentence it is in competitive.

You could also always breed yourself a Buneary or Pidgey to serve as a replacement starter if you wanted a Mega for your ace; I did that with Pidgey on my run and it was a good balance between giving me a power boost for big battles without being OP enough to steamroll everything without pause.
>>
>>28111762
>its good because it tried to be different
get out
>>
>>28111762
yes exactly. playing as a nobody in an rpg is stupid, especially when theres literally a legendary hero already anyways and youre just his krillin.

nice job making fun of the chosen one trope but it only happens in BW and its not you as the character. please name ALLLL the other times you played as the chosen one? You cant. because you dont. it doesnt happen in pokemon except for a vague general sense "you are special, strong, can bond with your pokemon". the one time they stuck the trope in was BWs stupid ass story and just for you to be N's bitch.

here ,we added a "deep" anime story! you play as yamcha and there is this mysterious alien villain named Goku who knows if he is good or bad all we know is he is the chosen one

DAMNIT WHY
>>
I replayed my old copy of Silver again recently and forgot how bad the Pokémon distribution is. It has the second weakest rival in the series if you count May/Brendan as rivals, and this was after the having the best rival of the series in Blue. Also like one anon said, most of the dex felt like filler, even when I was using my completed game in Pokémon Stadium 2, the Pokémon I brought with me were mostly gen 1 mons like Snorlax, Starmie, and Marowak, though shout out to Heracross for being cool, the only newly introduced Pokémon I used that generation.
>>
>>28111786
>>28112114
>>28111738

Literally underaged.

In any case, you're both the chosen ones. Why do you think you get the other box legendary? And then you defeat N, the same way you beat him every other time you battle, and he comes around to your way of thinking.

What game do you even play, you dunce?
>>
Gen 1, hands down. No story, bland region, and Generation 2 holds me better for nostalgia despite the fact the Pokemon distribution is pretty bad. Other than that, can't really pick pick a favorite. They've all got something good and there isn't a batch of Pokemon I feel that is completely horrible in terms of design.
>>
>>28113304
This.
>>
>>28110158
Wow, that's really autistic dude, like hate a gen and all but going that far is just plain autism
>>
Probably Gen 5. Of course I still like it, but everything just felt a little too cynical and arduous. I admittedly rushed through a little when they came out, but replayed both over the summer and did everything I could (sans wifi stuff, what with it being dead). It's a very rich gen in terms of flavour and new content at the time, but something about it just feels a little unwelcoming and dreary. It's hard to define.
>>
The most boring times I've had in Pokemon were gen 4 DPPt and gen 6 XY and to some extent ORAS.

DPPt had the worst roster for me and I hated the mountain dividing the region. The games themselves were also terrible with their load times.

I can't put my finger on why I dislike gen 6 though. 3D models, tons of advances in breeding and training, Megas which I actually like, ability to do things online easily, tons of freaking features, but they fall flat. I don't get it. No replay value I guess and not much to continue doing after completing the dex and breeding everything you could have ever wanted.
>>
Gen 1
>>
gen 4. idk i just didnt like it enough to finish. there are lots of gen 4 mons i dislike but also plenty i like so i can't blame it on that. i hated the ugly-ass half-2d-half-3d they had going on, but so did gen 5 and i liked gen 5 so i cant blame that. just didnt click with me i guess.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.