[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headcanon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 1368622146370.jpg (107KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1368622146370.jpg
107KB, 720x960px
Post your idle thoughts and speculation as to how things work here.

Human on human violence is incredibly rare in the pokemon girl. Its a deep seated social and psychological thing, to the extent where not only do hardened criminals hardly ever resort to personally hurting someone, the though wouldn't even occur to them. It'd be like a new york mugger engaging in cannibalism.

The starters available to you in games aren't the starters everyone gets to choose from, they're just the ones available when YOU choose. Either thanks to connections or luck you get some particularly good choices on the day you go in for your first pokemon.

Levels are an abstraction. They're only there to mark the growth of your pokemon and the comparative challenge that your opponents pose. Now this may seem obvious, but there is a few ramifications.

Things like evolutionary breakpoints by level and moves learned reflect how long it takes YOU, the player character, to get your pokemon to that stage. Most people aren't as good as you and some, in their niches, are better. That is why you run across youngsters and grunts with over leveled mons that haven't evolved; it'll take longer for them to get there because they're simply not as proficient trainers as you are.

This is also why you get things like Lance having underevolved Dragonites with illegal move sets. He's a dragon master, he's able to get more out of dragons than you are. When you run into things like this its not the computer cheating, its a trainer who has an edge on you in this respective field.
>>
File: 1384435909029.jpg (44KB, 800x200px) Image search: [Google]
1384435909029.jpg
44KB, 800x200px
All pokemon have at the very least a low level psychic presence. This is reflected in a few ways, like how they can understand humans (especially trainer commands) and communicate with other pokemon despite having no shared language. It also shows up in a few other ways; in particular in the anime, you notice how one moment a Hyper Beam might level a building but the next a Flamethrower right to the face of a human only leaves some soot? Most pokemon are good hearted and not killers at the core, and generally (subconsciously perhaps) pull their punches so to speak when it'll do permanent, severe harm to a person or other pokemon. Thats why they can use all these crazy attacks in battle without killing each other. There are exceptions, but they're rare. This applies more to the anime though, as pokedex entries in the games seem to paint some pokemon as being more vicious.

Building on the psychic presence thing, when the term "strong trainer" gets bandied about its not just referring to someone with a good team, trainers with a strong force of will and personality actually empower their pokemon to perform above and beyond what they'd do alone. If you took say, Cynthia's Garchomp and gave it to an average trainer, it would underperform even if given exactly the same instructions in a battle, because Cynthia has a stronger will than the average bear. The same goes for most significant trainers, including the MC's of the games.
>>
>>28109181
>Human on human violence is incredibly rare in the pokemon girl

Not sure how that typo slipped through, possibly Freudian. Should read "In the pokemon world"
>>
>>28109181
Here's my theory:

Pokemon are a rapidly expanding alien species that have out competed normal animals and perhaps even absorbed some of their genetic code to adapt. Prehistoric Pokemon are small in number because animals like carnivorous dinosaurs and large mammals were competitive enough to not get wiped out.

At the time of the first games a war has recently ended that has upset the ecosystem and allowed Pokemon to take over. This is further supported by references to regular animals like Elephants that slowly become less common as the series progresses.

Originally there were only 151 or so Pokemon to be seen in Kanto, in gen II the discovery of something as simple as eggs and reproduction is astounding. In the span of about 10 years previously unseen "Johto" Pokemon have shown up all over Kanto despite being geographically connected to begin with. This seems to support that the Pokemon were not simply discovered, but actually recently came into being.

The last bit of evidence is that egg groups confirm scientifically that despite massive differences in appearance, there are only a few distinct species of Pokemon. Even something like Wailord can breed with a variety of seemingly mammalian, reptilian, and avian mates.
>>
>>28109353
You were subconsciously thinking how much you'd like to do some "human-on-human violence" in a pokegirl
>>
>>28110481
Silly, spooky, and profound
>>
>>28109181
OP is always a faggot, even in the Pokemon world.
>>
Kanto is essentially feudal England

The Champion is the King, responsible for laying down PokeLaw, collecting taxes and defending it from external threats.His court (the Elite 4) speak for him to the masses and act on his orders.

The Gym Leaders are regional Earls, they collect taxes from their subjects, raise armies to fight the kings wars and rent their lands to other trainers in exchange for their protection.

You (the player) are Cromwell, seeking to overthrow the King and bring democracy to Kanto, by force if necessary.
>>
>>28110594
This is a terrible theory for the main games, but it's made me really want a spin off game set in the middle ages.
>>
Languages in the Pokemon world all got their influence from the Unown to form their alphabet and are the roots for their languages.
>>
>>28109181
>The starters available to you in games aren't the starters everyone gets to choose from, they're just the ones available when YOU choose. Either thanks to connections or luck you get some particularly good choices on the day you go in for your first pokemon.

This is practically confirmed in-game though, nowhere are the starters actually referred to as 'starters'. You got lucky every time.

All this is practically real canon save the first point
>>
>>28110641
>>
How am I supposed to formulate a set of standards for something that has no solid context other than the monsters themselves?
>>
>>28111789
what?
>>
>>28111442
In X and Y you only get a starter because your mom's a famous rhyhorn racer
>>
Human beings in the Pokemon world have undergone centuries of natural selection alongside Pokemon and, in terms of physical endurance, are actually superhuman by our standards.

This is why Ash can use Pikachu as a fucking alarm clock, the TRio & professor Oak aren't somehow dead yet, etc etc.
>>
>>28109181
Object pokemon are not actual objects come to life, but naturally evolved organisms which mimic trash and pokeballs just as some insects mimic sticks and leaves.
>>
I like to think slowpoke wanders about the universe so much that it actually doesn't focus in real life. That's why this dopey Pokémon is psychic type. And when it evolves into slowbro, the shelder on its tail keeps it grounded so its able to focus on its surroundings more
>>
Evolution as portrayed in the games doesn't actually exist, and is more akin to the process of gradually maturing into an adult. The exception to this is evolution induced by items or trades, which only occurs thanks to radiation emitted by those items / processes, and even then the change is still gradual.

Humans descended from a now-extinct line of Pokemon. We don't count ourselves in the Pokédex because most people have as hard of a time thinking of themselves as Pokemon as people in the real world have thinking of themselves as animals. Humans are technically classified as pure Psychic types, thanks to the considerable and innate influence we have over other Pokemon species.

In the Pokeverse we've successfully developed technology that converts matter to energy and back and this has revolutionized everything. Transportation infrastructure in the Pokemon world is nonexistent because people just teleport wherever they want to go, which has left the areas between cities largely untouched. Things like boats or cars are viewed as more of quaint novelties. And because resources can be distributed anywhere very, very cheaply, economic inequality is much less of an issue than in our world. Orre is the exception to this, mostly because corrupt criminal organizations take everything. Conflicts between regions are practically nonexistent.

Before the advent of this technology, wars for resources were as common as they are in our world. However, weapons technology was still undeveloped thanks to the availability of Pokemon. Things like guns still exist, but are not manufactured in any large quantities.

Most people have at least one Pokemon, which are not used for battle but rather companionship or for work-related tasks. Capturing sentient Pokemon is a hotly debated issue and looked down upon by many people. In turn, those that use many sentient Pokemon think of themselves as less of a leader and more of a team member.
>>
I just can't believe they would let 10 year olds travel the country alone with incredibly powerful beasts, so I headcanon all main series protagonists and even Ash as 16
>>28109205
I agree with you and I think it even applies to the games, since it's shown that most pokemon are peaceful, although mons like sneasel might just kill you if you don't have any pokemon to protect you
>>
>>28109205
>as pokedex entries in the games seem to paint some pokemon as being more vicious.
seems like Gyrados, that ghost jellyfish and Tyranitar regularly kill people from their Pokedex entries
>>
>>28111703
>everyone has legendaries
>the girl gets a fucking jigglypuff
gg Japan
>>
>>28112068
Not all of the warlords end up with a legend in the game, either, just some of them.
>>
Every Pokemon type has some form of "aura" that is produced or converted into attacks. Similar "auras" reside within people, and these two "auras" sync-up so certain trainers become proficient with certain types of Pokemon (Swimmers, Dragon tamers etc.) The two strongest/most common ones are the psychic and fighting auras.
>>
>>28109353
You're just into pokegirls anon, just like all of us Except gardevoir degenerates
>>
>>28111874
Fucking frenchmen and their nepotism.
>>
>>28110481
I feel like this might have been the original idea, but as Pokemon expanded and grew they actually began to flesh out the setting and diverge it from ours.

Unova and Alola are good examples of this, as Pokemon are heavily interconnected with old human lore. However, Professor Juniper notes how Klinklang only came into existence at around the same time gears did.

My idea is that humans, directly or indirectly, can create Pokemon.
>>
>>28113308
>My idea is that humans, directly or indirectly, can create Pokemon.
humans literally have created mons. porygon, Mewtwo etc
>>
File: Diamond-Pearl_Sunyshore_City_3.png (12KB, 512x192px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond-Pearl_Sunyshore_City_3.png
12KB, 512x192px
>>28109181

Unlike our world, pokemon regions are highly isolated from each other, with the exception of some (Johto and Kanto).

The idea of travelling to other regions and connecting with them is very recent, that's why we only see a few Gym Leaders and travelers moving between places.

Speaking of Gym Leaders, the whole pokemon league thing is a really recent trend, one that Alola hasn't have caught up with yet. That's why the gyms look more modern compared to the cities they're in, because they are usually 1 or 2 years old, and that's why the champion is so underleveled in some of them, because the institution isn't as new in the region as in other places.

Our perspective of "New" regions and pokemons comes from the Pokemon Professors association (?). They are discovering the new regions and pokes at the same pace that we are, that's why the dex keeps expanding. Each generation's Professor has only recently been relocated to the new region, which explains why their research is usually new and why they need 10 year old volunteers to recollect info of the region.

That's at least how I justify the Pokemon World accidentally "discovering" 200 new species, and why we don't know of new regions until Ninty announces them.
>>
>>28112068
The other girl has an Articuno, what are you complaining about?
>>
>>28113474
oh I just assumed it was an androgynous male cuz japan
>>
Pokemon are aliens that landed at mount moon and adapted to the animals that existed before and that they continue to adapt and take over the rest, with the pure ability of pokemon being a ditto. It is energy that transforms into what it sees. The thing is the older pokemon were less capable to transform and couldn't revert back.

Clefairy line is one of the only non adapted pokemon and it lost it's ability because they adapted into each other.
>>
>>28109181
The underevolved thing isn't something that only applies to other trainers though. You can catch pokemon that are evolved before they should be everywhere
>>
>>28113502
It is. Mitsuhide is always potrayed as stupidly pretty in Koei games and Conquest uses Samurai Warriors designs.
>>
Human on human violence is so uncommon because they've basically legalized dog fighting as a means to settle differences. Same reason why medieval Lords and feudal daimyos would have their knights and samurais fight each other. Why dirty your own hands when you can just have an underling risk their life in your place? That's much more civilized.
>>
If all pokemon are good at heart why are dark/ghost and sometimes dragon pokemon have their dex entries involving some sort of destruction or violence (or murder in the ghost dexes)?

Even fighting pokemon like to engage in violence in the form of combat.

Not to mention psychic pokemon for whatever reason let themselves be controlled by kids/people even when they are a lot more intelligent overall.

I like this thread though. I wish we had it regularly. Also a pokemon IRL would be interesting. Similar to the trainer card threads where people describe what they would be doing in the pokemon world.

I'm a bit sleep-deprived so I hope my points came across. I'll check in later and flesh out my ideas more.
>>
I don't believe in anything the games say, and the anime is no better.
>>
>>28113558
Anomalies.
>>
>>28109181
I understand we're talking headcanon here but I think you're thinking too hard about the underleveled and overleveled Pokemon. It's just game mechanics/balance.
>>
>>28116718
And what you don't understand is that you're apparently not allowed to do anything but take the game literally.
>>
File: Pokemon_Conquest_-_Ranmaru.jpg (283KB, 430x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Conquest_-_Ranmaru.jpg
283KB, 430x1116px
>>28113591
Ranmaru is even cuter.
>>
>>28110532
hnnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>28114089
Basically what I was trying to say that all pokemon are not inherently good. Just like people.

The evil teams often use their pokemon for harm. Like stealing others/items or hurting people. If pokemon had the intelligence to know right from wrong they wouldn't engage in these activities.

I also believe that psychic, dragon, and fighting pokemon would be quite hard to catch. Psychic pokemon often have the ability to use telekinesis, and often have their on goals and pursuits in life (See medicham or slowking). Dragon pokemon are often chaotic are cause devastation. Fighting pokemon are quite powerful, though perhaps not that intelligent so easier to be caught.

You then of course have mons that are ghost or fire that could cause some serious harm to humans. Ghost pokemon are described as being able to steal life forces. Fire pokemon are probably more prone to violent outbursts and are fire hazards. Poison pokemon are another rarity. Only people who have really studied these types can use them.

I think this also explains why kids often only use bug or normal pokemon. And the more temperamental types are reserved for psychics, dragon tamers, or karate experts.

And if that wasn't enough, most trainers only specialize in one or two types. Trainers who don't specialize are often ace trainers or people who want to become the champion or have the funds to look after so many different types.

Also to shake things up, what type do you think you would focus on in the pokemon world? What would your career choice be? Which town/region would you like to live in?

For me I would have to say I would specialize in fairy types. I like that they're mostly good natured and based on different cultures and mythologies. IRL I'm a library tech student that will go on to student Cultural Anthropology in a few years. So I'd love to work as a library tech in the Nacrene Library and wouldn't mind sharing one of those refurbished warehouses with some local artists.
>>
bump out of interest
>>
The only thing I wish they introduced sooner was regional adaptations. It's one of the few gimmicks that make sense. I really hope that these new forms continue, it's also a way to give some old pokemon a boost in stats.

Maybe the next professor will study these regional forms? Once can hope. I find it silly that Kukui studies pokemon moves instead od these adaptations.

Another question related to this thead is how do pokemon like Slugma control their heat or elemental power? I mean there's so many pokemon that from their dex entries just make it seem it would be impossible to catch or tame without death or crippling injury.
>>
>>28116994
I would be an Ace trainer with a Toxicroak, Fearow, and a Swampert. I traded a Crogunk egg for a Mudkip egg with a trainer early on my journey. I would also have a Elekid that never fought and was my sholdermon/flash user. Probably wander in Honen or bounce between regions.
>>
You know what we need?

A game that takes place during the beginning of pokemon being discovered and documented that explains these basic principles. It would be fun as shit. Apricorn balls, possible fossilmons walking around, all that glorious history and lore.

You could make quite a few games just going through different time periods.
>>
>>28120513
That already exists. They are the games you play.
>>
>>28113502
>>28112068
>>>/t/umblr is that way
>>
I've always imagined that Mega evolutions used to be yet another stage of normal evolution millions of years ago. But then some sort of extinction-level event happened and the Pokemon that had a propensity to naturally reach Mega evolutions all died out due to their increased food intake requirements, while smaller Pokemon that required less energy survived. The boost of energy that a player gives to their Pokemon during Mega evolution allows them to temporarily assume these lost forms.

This could also mean that Pokemon in general had more evolutionary states, the vast majority of which we know nothing about aside from fossil records. It's possible that there were even evolutions beyond Mega evolution states, but the amount of concentrated energy required to temporarily reach these theoretical states is so intense that attempting to do so would likely kill the Pokemon in question instead.
>>
>>28120834
But then how did mega-evolution come about?
>>
Anyone have any theories on how artificial pokemon are created?

Like Golurk/Golett, Porygon, Claydol, etc. I don't really have a good explanation.
>>
>>28120834
>It's possible that there were even evolutions beyond Mega evolution states
>my pikachu has now reached super saiyan level 4!
>it will be able to defeat mewrai even after it mewrai absorbed the power from all six legendary genies
pls no
>>
>>28109181
Holy fuck, I took that photo like five years ago. Didn't know anyone had saved it.
>>
>>28109181
This cosplayer also had an Age of Empires priest cosplay, and his daughter was Misty. Great guy.
>>
Pokemon are all invasive organisms that are responsible for killing nearly all of Earth's indigenous life.

Only plant matter and humans remain, it seems even microbes may be gone considering everyone freely drinks water from rivers and humans rarely get sick.

No idea if they're man-made, aliens, or extra dimensional organisms.
>>
>>28109181
EXP is actually a kind of energy released from a gland in pokemon, it's rather like endorphin, a pokemon just 'being' in a battle is enough to get this gland excited enough for a reaction.

a pokemon upon fainting would likely have a large burst of this released, and this raw energy, in a sense, would be drawn towards others that are still concious.

on that note, Audino have an overactive gland that causes a larger burst on them being knocked unconcious but, as an evolutionary response to them being fainted so often, their body allows them to absorb a good deal of it, even while they're unconcious, hence why they're seemingly eager to fight, even if they lose, they'll be getting stronger.
>>
>>28124997
So do pokemon absorb this energy? If not, why are they drawn to it?
>>
>>28109181
OP pls
>>
I dunno if species headcanons are ok here but here's one for Litwick.
Litwicks are like decomposers of ghostly stuff, which is why they hang out in burial grounds. Litwicks are nonthreatening to humans and only retaliate when threatened and in numbers.
Lampents are similar, but are more akin to scavengers. Both species play a role in removing and recycling ghost matter and help lower the spawn rate of many ghost species.
Chandelures are domesticated, probably by use of dusk stones, and act as pest control to both biological and ghostly vermin. Their fire burns the soul, so they are not a fire hazard (though they may have real fire as well). Chandelures can kill a lot of things, but as far as humans choose not to unless they threaten their custodian(s). Chandelures see the humans' food as bait for their vermin prey.
When left masterless, they become less energetic, but depression depends on whether or not they got to know their master.
>>
>>28109181
>Human on human violence is incredibly rare in the pokemon girl
>in the pokemom girl
she needs some dick the desu
>>
>>28122686

Porygon is pure science. They got an idea of how Pokemon work and made a simple recreation.

Ancient artificials like Golurk were made using alchemy or other forms of magic. In Golurk's case they created a clay statue, then gave it life by sealing and commanding some type of ghostly energy within it.

Accidents like presumably Claydol are a bit harder to explain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami

>Tsukumogami are animate household objects. An otogizōshi (“companion tale”) titled Tsukumogami ki (“Record of tool kami”; Muromachi period) explains that after a service life of nearly one hundred years, utsuwamono or kibutsu (containers, tools, and instruments) receive souls.
>>
>>28109353
You're a Pokemon girl
In a Pokemon world
>>
File: 13214770_p0_master1200.jpg (111KB, 954x1279px) Image search: [Google]
13214770_p0_master1200.jpg
111KB, 954x1279px
>>28110532
>pokegirl has no shekels

>you beat her in a pokeman battle

>pokegirl is forced by law to reward you

how come there are no doujins with Hikers and Super Nerds preying on girls and pretty boys?
>>
>>28130044
There are. Probably lots of them.

https://exhentai.org/g/623111/b542063639/
>>
This is retarded but I'll post it anyway:

I like to pretend that the mc's (bar Brendan and May and Lucas and Dawn) are actually brother and sister. But one of them was a miscarriage. This causes the father to leave (in all except Brendan and May's case, which adds some veracity) and why you can pick as either character - it's just a slightly different universe.

Holes in this theory:
>Dawn/Lucas are omitted from being brother and sister, but the main character still doesn't have a father missing. This doesn't outright refute the theory, but it shows that it isn't the only reason the father leaves, which is one of the main draws.
>Yancy and Curtis change depending on which MC you pick in B2W2. This means that the universe at large is a different one, rather than just a small change.
>Red and Gold initially didn't have a female counterpart, so their father leaving would be for other reasons. This was later changed with remakes, however.
>there may be more

I still like imagining this, though. It just feels right.
>>
>>28130106
>https://exhentai.org/g/623111/b542063639/

ok but i wanna see boys more
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.