[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The state of the Competitive Scene is: Cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 13

File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
How do we fix battlespot?

Or better yet, the metagame in general?
>>
I play for fun so does my siblings and friends
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>28107910
Well it's not fun when everyone runs the same type of teams with the cancer genies.

We need to reform.
>>
File: dialga.png (124KB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
dialga.png
124KB, 300x236px
>>28107902
>going back in time
sadly, there's nothing that we can do to save the meta in any format now
GF had no idea how to balanced it before, and now it's totally broken
>>
File: mwe.jpg (35KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mwe.jpg
35KB, 500x281px
>>28107960
No. There is something they can do.

Take note of all the over used pokemon from Worlds, nerf them all in gen 7, and buff everything else.

I'm just glad something like Bruxish is real. He will end the whole Fake out/priority mon shenanigans.
>>
>>28107902
add more supported formats
>tag battle
>rotation battle
>free for all
>6v6 and 3v3 singles/doubles

Now at the very least you will have some sort of different modes to play. Not everyone enjoys 3v3 or doubles, why force them by only supporting those modes.
>>
>>28107902
The only thing really cancer is VGC, and its because upper legends are allowed.

Not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>28108013
>nerf
give me examples
try to nerf protein greninja
or aegislash
or primals
or mega fug
>>
>>28108098
Protean changes the pokemon's typing but reduces stab bonus from 50% to 25%.

King's shield no longer has priority.

Legendaries will probably be banned again next season so who cares.
>>
>>28108075
Not everyone enjoys STEALTH ROCK everywhere plus Volt/Switch 6v6 singles either.

I think it's time everyone stops kidding themselves and admits this game is not "competitive" like a fighting game, by trying to remove all the "random" elements and is more similar to Poker, where one attempts to control or manipulate the odds in their favor.
>>
>>28108097
That's pretty funny. It's not like smogon isn't cancer either.
>>
>>28108098
>nerf greninja's speed so he HAS to rely on priority if he needs to outspeed
>nerf his defensive stats in sword form and as this guy said >>28108156 nerf king's shield
>base stat nerf might help but they're meant to be overpowered so they're probably going to be banned anyway
>>
>>28108161
Good players do, you're just a shitter who plays a format for underage retards who spam fake out/protect and play cookie cutter teams with ebin legendaries.

Volt Switch isn't even a valid tactic in OU anymore considering Rotom dropped in usage and Lando is used mostly as a defensive wall, but why am I even explaining this to a shitter anyway.
>>
>>28108156
>too complex for GF

>60 base speed
>into the trash it goes
you're picking a good concept and making it shit
aegislash is either too good or too bad

>they will be back

>>28108204
>gf will not nerf base stats
never done it before
Would be great and simple, but that's not how GF acts
>>
File: yeaaaaaa.jpg (6KB, 165x124px) Image search: [Google]
yeaaaaaa.jpg
6KB, 165x124px
>>28108237
>isn't broken
>>
Sun and Moon seems to be on it. I think making it easier for casual players to get perfect Pokemon will do a lot, enough random ass teams should help force the meta to shift. Plenty of the new pokemon seem like direct answers to megakhan, talonflame and megamaw, but that remains to be seen. I'm somewhat optimistic, but I've long accepted that no pokemon meta will really be balanced.
>>
>>28107902
You can't fix it. Power Creep destroyed the meta. It was at its peak in gen 4
>>
>>28107902
Add custom ladders for online play. That's it.
>>
>>28108302
>says that
>while smogon has a perfect OU metagame right now with each top ladder player having a different team with even unused pokemon instead of copypasted bullshit

Why do you keep lying?
>>
>>28107902
I use automatize Aegis with After You for maximum trolling with a Focus Punch Conkeldurr.

It has Shadow Ball and weakness policy to deal with ghosts while Conkel wide guards to stop heat waves or eroquakes.
>>
>>28108346
>perfect OU metagame
>Landorus-T 35%
>Latios 21%
>>
>>28108415
And? That's hilariously low when compared to VGC sameteam syndrome not to mention that Latios is used for being the best defog user in the meta and isn't even that threatening when most teams carry a Pursuit trapper that can fuck his shit up.

Same with Lando being a good counter to most physical attackers while not being broken on his own thanks to getting destroyed by the most used coverage type Ice.

You're just retarded.
>>
>>28108228
LOL child. I was "laddering" and "metagaming" long before you probably even heard of "competitive" Pokemon.

I made it my business to know how each and every meta worked, and how to break it.

Not everyone is a fan of 200+ turn switchfests against pink blobs and their other stally friends... I don't have a dog in either VGC nor Smogon's BS formats.

I'm strictly casual with it these days, but you guys and your constant battles to prove whose "meta" is superior is tiring to see.

You both suck.
>>
>>28108415
Please keep playing your """meta""" for underage kids who can only press one button and would find too hard predicting a switch-in from a team of 6 pokemon and don't reply to me, you shitter.
>>
>>28108462
>not as shit as the shittiest meta possible
That's not really something to be proud of. Power creep has made the vast majority of teams completely cookie cutter, ask yourself why lando/latios are practically necessary to win - it's because you'll just get a fucking train run over you if you don't have them
>>
>>28108470
Yet you're a low elo shitter who's mad at Smogon for his own badness, actually typical on this board kek
>>
>>28107902
>Turn off the 3DS
>Eject Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire cartridge
>Throw it into trash
>Wait for Pokemon Sun / Moon to come out
There, I fixed it
>>
>>28108470
>LOL child. I was "laddering" and "metagaming" long before you probably even heard of "competitive" Pokemon.

You're trying to make it sound like that's something to be proud of. Why?
>>
>>28108496
Uh what, Lando and Latios aren't necessary at all to win, Stall for example while being the best strategy at the moment doesn't use them at all.

Actually the meta right now is the most diverse it has ever been honestly.
>>
Real talk though, I think cartridge Pokemon would benefit from a speed chess timer instead of the global timer thing we have right now. Each player would be given 15-25 minutes to make all of their moves, if they go above the time they lose.

This year's VGC was totally unwatchable for me because people literally didn't even play the game and just stalled the timer for cheap easy wins
>>
>>28108585
Doubles are just fucking shit, deal with it.
>>
>>28108553

>Actually the meta right now is the most diverse it has ever been honestly.

Yea and so is Germany, but that's not working out so well for them now is it?
>>
>>28108608
>t. Abdul Al Yusef
>>
>>28108603
That change would benefit all official formats. Timer stalling is arguably even worse in Battle Spot Singles than it is in Doubles.
>>
It's broken beyond repair.

To fix it, you would need to use Smogon OU rules in BattleSpot (and take away the bans for Mega Gengar / Blaz / Keng / Mawile so it made sense).

But that's never going to happen, so we have a broken mess. Getting rid of megas would have actually fixed most of the problems, but they won't do that either.

The 3v3 BattleSpot singles is such a piece of shit format anyway, who cares.
>>
>>28108535
It's not. That's the point.

These current Smog kids think they're doing new and unique things, when anyone who lived through GSC has seen all this shit before.

You aren't a special snowflake, and your "meta" is no better than any other. Stop being a shitter who keeps all the Smogon stereotypes about elitist, immature man-children alive.
>>
File: 1440824781822.jpg (90KB, 730x511px) Image search: [Google]
1440824781822.jpg
90KB, 730x511px
>>28108729
lol butthurt
>>
>>28108729
Where did you see anything in my post about me supporting smogon?

I do what I want. I don't follow anyone's "rules".
>>
It's fucked
>>
File: 1407159684742.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407159684742.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>28108013
Bruxish won't break 100 speed and it'll just die to a Return. The most it will do is force Talonflame out. Game Freak does not know how to fucking balance shit. They see something and address a symptom of the problem instead of the problem itself.
Giving one shitmon a gimmicky ability isn't going to suddenly make Mega Kangaskhan balanced. You have to balance Mega Kangaskhan itself.

Mega Gallade has Inner fucking Focus because it was designed as a way to beat Kang. Mega Lopunny was given Scrappy to be an Aegislash counter. On paper they sound okay but in practice they don't work. Obviously Mega Lopunny is fantastic but versus Aegislash it just loses unless it carries Substitute to bypass King's Shield or something.
>>
>>28108729
But you're literally a retarded manchild.
>>
I'm honestly curious for the gen 7 metagame. There seem to be quite a few anti meta Pokémon and I have high hopes for some type match ups to be fixed up
>>
>>28107902
Play battlespot singles only.
>>
>>28108161
I'm fine with switching strategically and often, but imo entry hazards shouldn't be allowed in singles. Doubles, Triples, Rotation, whatever. But not singles.

Substitute is also cancer.
>>
Mega kang has a pretty good chance of getting nerfed, given comments were made by select senior staff that it was too strong and needed adjusting

We'll see how things look when available pokes are restricted again with the beginning of gen 7. I don't mind a meta that isn't diverse, but xerneas in particular was one of the most boring pokemon in existence to both play against and play with
>>
File: 1447640889070.jpg (48KB, 634x397px) Image search: [Google]
1447640889070.jpg
48KB, 634x397px
Why can't Battlespot singles just be 6v6 singles? This would solve so many issues. At that point you just have to nerf Mega Gengar and Mega Mom and it's relatively balanced.

Of course, there's still the issue of Baton Passing shenanigans which Smogon has addressed, but BattleSpot has not.
>>
>>28107902
I don't have any problem with battle spot or Passenby battle.
VGC 2016 was boring but that's it.
>>
Ban all legendaries.

Ban Megas.

Fixed
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 276x268px
>>28108013
>>
>>28108098
primals act like megas now
you can only use one and if you use one you can't use a mega
>>
Why didn't the stick with the old battle spot system? With no legendaries it was much more fun fighting other people and their crazy shit.
>>
File: ALCHEMY.jpg (47KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
ALCHEMY.jpg
47KB, 600x422px
>>28107902
We fix it with
>>
>>28112023
This. Gamefreak went out of their way this gem to introduce a ton of interesting strategies and tricks for doubles, with moves like magnetic flux, trick-or-treat, forest's curse, Rototiller, terrain moves, all of which would be fun to use and give certain Pokemon new niches, but why use that when you can just sit there and get massive damage off with a Kangaskhan or Landorus-T? Discounting VGC this year (because it revolved around legendaries deliberately), every year for the last few years top world's teams have been mostly Legendaries and (since Gen 6) Megas.
>>
>>28108013
Except Bruxish is a regional shitfish that won't be viable at all because it's simply too weak.
>>
>>28108013
that's not how it works
it's like saying that Golduck would have fixed the ubers meta
>>
>>28112633
We don't know it's fuckin' stats yet holy fuck why do you underage faggots jump to conclusions instead of into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>28112695
see
>>28108872
>>
>>28112831
Now this is how you reply to someone, thank you anon I get a tad bit irrational and I honestly don't think of alot of pokemon which was rather ignorant on my part. Have a good day. >>28112331
Underrated kek.
>>
>>28112695
>>28112858
can you stop showing that you're underage in each one of your posts?
>>
>>28112490
t. Talonflame
>>
>>28108075
Rotation Battle is on Battle Spot
Battle Royal is coming

>Not everyone enjoys 3v3 or doubles, why force them by only supporting those modes.

They have Singles, Doubles, Triples and Rotations on Battle Spot, as well as Special Battle which changes the ruleset every two months

http://www.serebii.net/xy/specialbattle.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/specialbattle.shtml
>>
>>28108346
>implying Smogon tiers are good

Ha good one
>>
We need to delete all the megas.

Nerf all the mons that had high usage in worlds by at least 25%

Buff everything else including eviolite by 30%''

Get rid of the choice items

Nerf substitute

Nerf all priority attacks

Buff explosion so that it ignores all state changes like sacred sword does.
>>
Give them all the same stats, remove some of the moves.

There, done. Use whatever the fuck you like.
>>
File: sc.gif (208KB, 251x134px) Image search: [Google]
sc.gif
208KB, 251x134px
>>28114785
>tries to fix the meta
>buffs eviolite
>>
>>28114800
Eevee only
Tackle only
No items
>>
Alola will fix everything. Just wait for Tapu Koko to mess this meta.
>>
You guys bitch about Megas but for fucks sake the only Mega in CHALK was Kang. Hell Kang didn't get much use until Lando, Cress and Heatran came back and it was because of shit like stupid fucking M-Salamence and Talonflame on the same team that things like M- Lopunny and M-Sceptile GTFB. If they nerf Mega-Kang, maybe Sal, and make non-legendary counters to these fuck boys (aka like Mudsdale is to Blaziken hopefully) the Meta will go back to 2014 status. A sweet spot where everything could happen and not whole countries could sweep Worlds. Hell Wolfe Glick even admitted it was because we American Players went all out with gimmicks last year we failed to see how the Meta was and hence why Japan swept us. But adjusting and even breaking the meta we can stop it in it's tracks. AV or the like Raichu like this year's with Competitive Milotic in the right hands for example could've stop the "Cancer Genies" and all those horrible Megas! EVEN THEN! Special Lucario is a thing! Spam Wide Guard or whatever and bodied the dang Kang. Switch into Aegislash or Gengar if it doesn't kill. It's because we don't think how this could change the meta and how it could work in our favor that CHALK and almost BIG SIX ruined our love for Pokemon. As a community we need to stop bitching at each other and ensure creativity exists. While some of us have shit luck others don't so help the lucky ones win it for your country/community whatever. Stop all being bratty snobs thinking VGCers or Smogoners are cancer when some of us are both! How else do you think Wolfe Glick or Aaron Zheng got their teams tested or looked into spreads for them!
>>
We've already reached the point of everything being strong - instead of nerfing everything, let's buff everything to god tier status and see what happens.
>>
>>28107902
Ban all major and minor legendaries.
Limit one mega stone per team.
It is the only way.
>>
>>28114308
Nice bait.
>>
>>28115743
Dude, you can only use a mega stone once per battle, what are you on about?
>>
>>28108186
They're both cancer. It's just that Smogon is less cancer.
>>
>>28108013
>Kyogre was best uber in gen III
>"nerf" it while buffing others
>kyogre now has a mega and is only #2 and only because #1 prevents water moves

GF = lazy arses
>>
>>28108186
smogon doubles is great.
>>
>>28115712
Like that one person once said: go big or go home.
>>
>>28107902
>Ban legendaries
there you go
>>
>>28107902
HOW TO FIX THE META:
>Ban all higher legendaries from competitive play.
>PRANKSTER/GALE WINGS DEFOG
>Buff Rapid Spin to 60BP and give it to a Normal type with Technician or something.
>Add an ability that removes hazards on switch in.
>Add an offensive equivalent to Eviolite
>Add a Smooth Rock/Damp Rock equivalent for Trick Room
>Add a priority special Ice Type attack because fuck Cancer Genies.
>>
>>28115959
sure, because articuno and the regies are so hard to defeat
>>
>>28116049
ALSO:
>Sleep Clause should be hard coded into the game
>>
>>28107902
Remove Team preview pl0x
>>
>>28116053
Say then, how do you make a reasonable ban that would include the Kamis, Heatran and Cresselia without touching the birds, the beasts and the regis? Go on.

They could do that by saying that if all the Pokémon in a line are unable to breed, they can be used on topp of the event-only Pokémon.
With that, Nidoqueen could be used because it can breed as a Nidoran, and kept Manaphy away since it's event-only.
>>
>>28116164
>they can be used
I mean; they can't be used.*

Dammit.
>>
Certain moves need nerfs, some things like protect/kings shield or destiny bond to name a few.

Other than that... Destroy everything.
Obliterate the base stats of every pokemon, and then give them new, normalized base stats.

A complete rebalancing is the only way to stop the powercreep.
>>
>>28115835
Primal Kyogre and Groudon
>>
>>28108013
>talonflame used u-turn !
>Bruxish lost 40% of its hp
>>
>>28116164
Smogon :^)
>>
>>28116164
>reasonable ban
it's impossible
deal with that
>>
File: 1449809437769.jpg (20KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1449809437769.jpg
20KB, 550x550px
Travel back in time to Gen IV. Either UU or post-garchomp OU.

We can't really fix the current meta.
>>
>>28107902
Explosion lickylicky with normal gem. Protect last resort ambipom
>>
>>28116851
?
>>
>>28107902
Give it a 6v6 option like >>28109322. If you don't like playing against legendaries just play rated.
>>
I'm sure this has been thought of but are there any bulky walls with access to covert cobblestone and roar? I know roar has -5 priority but that was why I was thinking a bulky wall.
>>
>>28108872

Except the reason most of gen 6 is broken is because Gamefreak did that

They randomly gave Kagaskhan and Talon flame bullshit gimmick abilities
>>
isn't this why smogon exists?
>>
>>28120231
yeah, GF did that
and who is gonna save us? Smogon?
GF is retarded af
>>
>>28120187
I'm not sure if this 100% accurate but I use it alot that being said nothing that learns sr + roar is that bulky in both stats besides legends
>>
>>28122007
Cool i forgot the Link http://pokemondb.net/tools/moveset-search
>>
File: vgc 2016.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vgc 2016.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>28122036
that searcher is complete garbage
it doesn't include event moves or gen 1 movesets
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.