[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gameplay Order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: The _tr_ainers Journey.jpg (234KB, 1586x465px) Image search: [Google]
The _tr_ainers Journey.jpg
234KB, 1586x465px
Sup /tr/ainers.

I got my girlfriend the limited edition red-blue version DS for her birthday back in March so she could play gen 1 since she was a fan of the franchise but never got to play as a kid.

I'm struggling on the order to introduce her to the rest of the generations without having her play subprime versions and not sacrificing the emotions and memories of one's pokemon journey at the same time.

I'm thinking of getting for her and having her play the games in the following order:
>Emerald
>HeartGold/Soul Silver
>Platinum
>BW
>B2W2
>XY
>ORAS
>Sun and Moon

Do you think this is good enough of an order?
>>
ORAS or XY, and play along with her.

Anything else and expect to be broken up with because shes not a fucking dork who wants to play 20 year old games like you. She is not going to feel nostalgia for zigzagoon.

Drop this dream now or suffer later.
>>
>>28103880
>She's not a fucking dork who wants to play 20 year old games like you
That's not the case, she's a massive nerd like me. It's really nice. She got my pokemon gym badges for my birthday.
>>
>>28103830

HGSS, then wait for Sun and Moon and drop the rest.
>>
>>28103880
Go in balls deep with SM.
Play together and do your best to not get too far ahead of her.
>>
>>28104048
this. wait for SM and have that magical fresh first experience together. also then everything will be super fresh and she wont be burnt out
>>
>>28103937
Even though she'll be going from gen 1 mechanics to gen 4 mechanics to gen 7 mechanics? I dont want her jumping around too much and struggling. But I can see how HGSS would be a good jumping in point.

>>28104048
>>28104076
That actually sounds really wonderful. SM drops a week after our 1 year anniversary so it'll be a nice memory for us. What order would you guys suggest playing the other games after that?
>>
>>28103830
>>28103926
Why do beta faggots like you want to force your fandom onto other people?
>hurr I'm a massive nerd! MASSIVE!
>I just never bothered playing Pokemon teehee!
>But I LOVE Pikachu!
Don't you think there's a good reason she never played it as a kid? For like 15 years she never saw how big PokeMania was?

You're on /vp/ so I assume you've been obsessed with this shit since Gen 1 while you were a kid with massive free time. I'm hoping you're both adults now and can realize you don't have that same amount of free time to pour hundreds of hours into your team, into the story, into discoverying the world. She can't re-create that magical moment in your childhood where everything is gospel and that innocence would lead you to creative discoveries, headcannon, self-inserting your way to League victories.

At the end of the day she's not going to enjoy it on your level. It'll be a side hobby she'll feel forced to do because you'll be upset and whiny about it. She's not going to try to solve mysteries herself, she'll either use you or the Internet.
>>
>>28103830
>she was a fan of the franchise but never got to play as a kid.
I lived in fucking poverty on a small ass island in the pacific ocean and I still got to play and finish Gen 1-3 either by borrowing Gameboys from friends or just watching every kid in the playground play it. There's no excuse other than she just wasn't interested.
>>
>>28104100

Gen 4 had simple and well-rounded mechanics. Also HGSS were the most gorgeous games in the series. Gen 3 has eyesore graphics, Gen 5 was too complicated for its own sake, and Gen 6 can be dropped as Gen 7 has most of its mechanics and the return of Pokemon Amie if I understood well.
>>
>>28104234
Man someone must really hate people. I mean your post is just littered with assumptions and negative generalizations considering you don't know shit about either one of us. But hey, that's your prerogative. Initially I had a post up defending my actions, but then I realized that I dont have to defend something from someone who knows nothing about it. I hope you can solve whatever it is that's pissing you off so much inside, you really don't sound like an enjoyable person to be around.

>>28104287
Rural mid-america where no one could really afford to play em. Sometimes families pick and choose what systems their kids could afford to play. I never had a nintendo growing up but I did have the Playstation consoles. I've had to buy the xbox consoles on money I made working jobs growing up. Same for the DS. Different priorities, but I'm glad you got to experience it as a kid.

>>28104349
Makes enough sense, though there are some who might argue (albeit correctly) that for someone who is familiar with the games that gen 5 is the best jump-in point. But I respect what you're saying and I appreciate it. She's quick to pick up mechanics and I just dont want her bouncing around from phys/spec split too much and causing her struggles (though I dont think she'd have much and maybe I'm just being overprotective lol).
>>
File: 1461578777259.png (306KB, 360x539px) Image search: [Google]
1461578777259.png
306KB, 360x539px
>>28104349
>trying to get him started with Gen 4
Why do you want to break them up?
>>
>>28104387

HGSS you fucking dork, remastered Johto is best. The only one who has any replay value for me.
>>
your really going to make her spend 400 hours on games that she's not going to enjoy but only plays cuz you bought her those games
>>
>>28104414
>I can walk around with my waifu Gardevoir! We built lasting bonds and memories! I think you guys could do the same, too!
Nice replay value.
>>
>>28104377

In HGSS, she'll see Kanto once again in full color without fake 3D all over the place, see Johto in almost chronological order, and get the general vibe of modern Pokemon games.
>>
>>28104429

I'm a girl you dip. Pokéathlon is the best shit.
>>
>>28104387
I would be a horrible person if I skipped gens 2 and 3 to have her play diamond or pearl. Those remakes are going to bomb harder than ORAS; they'll be the literal dresden of the pokemon franchise.

>>28104414
I've found gen 5 to have good replay value too, but I agree with you there on HGSS having great replay value.

>>28104443
I like your reasoning anon. I'll go with HGSS then.

>>28104428
I can't make her do anything, only offer her the opportunity. I'd do the same for her if it was something that meant that much to her.
>>
>>28104458

Get her to play Gen 5 as well if she enjoys HGSS I guess, and if she finishes it before Sun and Moon comes out.
>>
>>28104287
Or maybe there were other reasons beyond disinterest? My longest time childhood friend never got to play until gen5 because her psycho hippie parents literally would not let her near video games. I tried to lend her my GBC one time and they found out and flipped.
>>
>>28104453
I'm a girl too when i put on the skirt. How's your transition doing?
>>
>>28104496

Better than yours since mine's been before birth kek

Go die in your own sad little rectum.
>>
>>28104477
Sounds like a plan. I never got a chance to play W2 on console anyways so it's something I was planning on doing with her. Thanks for your help anon.

>>28104496
Fuck off Terra
>>
>>28104526

You're welcome =) Gen 3 and main Gen 4 games are the ones to be avoided in my opinion. Johto still has that nostalgic feel even in the remakes, and is a nice comfy place.
>>
ONE is enough, honestly. ANY of them. Don't make a freaking order, and I guess if anything you should start with one of the latest and if she wants to go back to experience it then sure - that's on her grounds. Don't feed her the rubbish from your childhood, because it is honestly actual garbage now if you can do better, which you can. You may look back at old games and think "man all the games were so unique and special", but they really weren't at all. They all had the same copypasta stories and format, and sure they had the odd quirk or special location - but nothing to write home about. The only reason you may look back and think they were magical is because 1. you did play them as a kid, and 2. the installments we progressively received were good AT THE TIME. I myself can play yellow etc just fine because it IS part of my childhood memory. But to someone like her, it's just a stupid thing she'll pretend to like to impress you. Don't be that guy. Literally everyone was a fan of the franchise - look at how normies flocked to GO, even though they're the same people who are like "what youre too old for that".

Start with XY or ORAS and let her decide.

The salty anon was right, she will never have those memories that you have. It is not at all the same and never will be. The best hope you have of making a pleasant experience is to go with the new and work backwards. I don't mean to sound like a mega cunt, but this is setting up for failure and forced exaggeration of how she feels. "XD I LOVED EMERALD, IT WAS REALLY GREAT I ESP LIKED THE PART WHERE THERE WAS POKEMON"
>>
>>28104644

>Emerald

Please, choose a better example, my friend.
>>
>>28104509
I mean everyone starts out as females in the womb. What're you trying to say
>>
>>28104548
Platinum fixes most of Sinnoh's issues. And its noticeably harder than most other entries in the franchise, which is nice.
>>
>>28104701

That he's a fucking autist. And no, we don't start as females in the womb. We're neither. Stop believing stupid pseudo scientific memes.
>>
>>28104789
>I only believe in science when it agrees with me
The gender is assigned but the female sex organ starts first regardless
>>
>>28104940

Go on, post diagrams if you truly wish to continue arguing. If you're autist anon who keeps denying I'm an actual biological girl, then kys. If not, sorry you're getting caught in petty nonsense.
>>
>>28104965
Holy Jesus no wonder the rule is tits or get out. I read the convo and it was obviously a joke yet you dumb bitches really need to go out of your way to prove your tits on an anonymous Fiji avocado market.

Lelelele go back in the kitchen and all that
>>
>>28105068

Dude was arguing about waifu shit. I don't get any of that, when I was peacefully expaining HGSS' best advantages as a female player, for a female player.

DICC or get the fuck out as well.
>>
>>28103830
That pic is gay as fuck
>>
>>28103926
>>28103880
Don't listen to him about X and Y, OP. X and Y are steaming garbage. Have her play Platinum or Emerald or HG/SS.
>>
>>28105098
> I was peacefully expaining HGSS' best advantages as a female player, for a female player
tap kok
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.