[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OU thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: metagross-mega.jpg (37KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
metagross-mega.jpg
37KB, 300x260px
There is none open.

So, I started playing yesterday. A user here (something thundercock) taught me a lot and then I proceeded to try and make my first team with Mega Alakazam. Played some games, not horrible, but I didn't like it. So I made this:

=== [ou] Mega Meta ===

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Earth Power

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Any input? There might be big mistakes, I know that. Some help would be appreciated.
>>
When a Pokemon uses Skill Swap on another Pokemon before it mega evolves, does the target Pokemon keep the same Ability that was swapped to it? Or does it change abilities to match its Mega Evolution?
>>
>>28097063
Changes abilities
>>
>>28096977
at first glance you're really weak to Mega Venu and Mega Charizard Y, but I'm a literal sub-1500 shitter in OU, so dont take count on my advice

I could help you with ubers tho haha
>>
Does Megagross need full speed on Rock Polish ? That seems a bit overkill to me
Also, both Zard formes can push your shit in kind of hard, and to a lesser extent I could see you struggle a little against (Sub)CM Raikou if pebbles are on, but it's not a huge threat, just something I use and thought I'd use against you
>>
>>28097140
he probably just pushed the zarel button
>>
>>28097117
>>28097140

Might have to check this weakness to Charizard, indeed. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>28097190
I just checked, it says to make it that way if you don't go Rock Polish to tie with the other 110's but then I don't see the point of running RP Gross if you're not going to use it. Their alt spread of Adamant 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe feels much more interesting to me since it lets you hit harder and still outspeed 100's, while also giving Gross some much appreciated bulk
>>
Team posting thread? Karenfag coming through

Cinccino (F) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- Encore
- Retaliate

Goodra (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 172 Atk / 80 Def / 72 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psych Up
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Chandelure (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Ampharos (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Power Gem
- Agility
- Discharge
>>
>>28097117
Sub 1200 here :^)
>>
>>28097262
Just a small thing, if you go adamant Gliscor, you end up with one more ev point.
>>
>>28096977
Id put chesto and rest on rotom, switch breloom for scarftar and replace rock polish with bullet punch. That way you can still revenge kill weakened mons and you have more ways of dealing with zard Y.
>>
>>28097623
thanks, will do
>>
>>28096977
How do you deal with Amoongus/Slowbro Regenerator cores? Every time I try to play OU everyone is just playing Sand teams and Stall. I can beat Sand teams sometimes but stall just makes me want to stop playing and go do something else.
>>
>>28097898
stall doesn't win because the playstyle works, it wins because it frustrates people and causes bad decision-making.

Im sub-1300 and I've beaten stall teams at 1700. you'd be amazed at how easy it is to win by just keeping a cool head.
>>
>>28096977
Can't go wrong with Clef.

The Heatran is nice, although if I'm doing fast offensive Heatran I prefer making it with Power Herb Solar Beam. Lets you catch things like Slowbro and Quagsire and Rotom-W and eliminate them from the game. You would always want to fire off Magma Storms first, since the chip damage pushes the 2x weak ones into ~80% range where Solar Beam can finish them. This set on my team took me to high ladder since Heatran would put in a tremendous amount of work this way. I think Toxic really only outclasses it if you want to catch a Lati that's an impromptu switch-in (because of the Fire resist and Ground immunity) as long as the Lati can't fight back with Surf or EQ.

The Celebi is alright. The point of the defensive investment and speed is to let you Baton Pass out safely, but you seem to be playing it more offensively. I'd remove Earth Power for Baton Pass if I were you, but then again you A. have no sweep-ready pass targets and B. still have a hard time with Bisharp and Weavile since Breloom checks them at best.

What I think you should do is make your Mega Metagross your Pursuit mon, replacing the Rock Polish slot. That way, you can partner up with Heatran very well if Lati would want to come in on it.

Breloom is nice to have for breaking up the bulky Ground types that give you a hard time, and having the resists it comes with, but it's really a frail point in your team to cover your weaknesses. It can't switch hard into Bisharp if they predict you and Iron Head. And it can't even reliably check Weavile if low enough since you die to Ice Shard after a few hazards/LO recoil. I think this would be the slot to replace. Maybe something like Keldeo can go here, and it would be a pass target for Celebi. Keldeo and Metagross pair up really nicely too, since the Meta would have Pursuit.

Rotom-W is a nice pivot, but maybe you want something else to help your team, if you go the Keldeo route, like Rotom-H with Thunder Wave.
>>
>>28098403
I ended it a bit abruptly because of the text limit, but Rotom-H would be a midground against Mega Charizard X/Y while also dealing with Talonflame. Thunder Wave would just be so you can slow them down for Heatran and/or Keldeo and/or Mega Metagross to deal with.

Of course, there are still problems with the team in that you have no Stealth Rock setter and no hazard management, but the team in general needs to be reworked so maybe you can think of a mon you want to swap in that can fulfill a role in those departments. Clef, Heatran, Celebi, and Metagross can learn Stealth Rock, but it would be unwise to make Meta your rocker and would want you to make Heatran defensively oriented for that to be your rocker. Offensive SR Heatran could be fine, but it's a bit pressured with 4MSS as it is.
>>
>>28097262
For Cinc, I'd advise replacing Encore with Bullet Seed and Retaliate with U-Turn.

For Goodra, put some Speed in it so you can outspeed things like defensive Lando-T, if you think you'll find yourself matched up to stuff like that wherever you battle. That way you don't just get U-Turned on and your Ice Beam is a useless slot since it won't hit what it should. I'd also replace Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor. It's good to keep in mind that 2 Dracos is stronger than 2 Dragon Pulses (195 vs. 170).

For Gliscor, I'd go with a breaker set. So like replace Protect with Swords Dance. And you can replace either Ice Fang or Knock Off with Roost if you want.

You can replace Klefki with a Magnezone, to back Gliscor and Cinccino up. That's why I said put U-Turn on Cinc to help you catch the Steel.

Chandelure doesn't need Protect. I'd advise doing Choice Scarf or Life Orb or maybe even Substitute with Leftovers. Calm Mind is pretty meh on it too, since you really just wanna hit and get out with it. The Chandy set I like to use is Modest Life Orb Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Taunt, Pain Split. It breaks stall barring the Pursuit trapper, since everything can get 2HKO'd barring Chansey who it can eat down with Taunt and Pain Split.

For Mega Ampharos, I wouldn't do Agility sweeper since you kinda want either a Nasty Plot passer or Spikes support to pull that off. I'd make it defensive with Volt Switch, Dragon Pulse, and Rest + Sleep Talk.
>>
>>28097117
Mega Venu usually can't touch Heatran, and if it can (EQ), then it gets walled by the many Scizor on the ladder, who can set up on it. It's better to not get set up on than to be able to hit some frog that has no reliable recovery anyway.
>>
>>28097405
what?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.