[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final verdict on ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: images (48).jpg (35KB, 466x316px) Image search: [Google]
images (48).jpg
35KB, 466x316px
I was playing Soul Silver until I got turned off by the excessive need for HM's, the terrible pokémon available and the fact that you can't do online.

I sold X after playing through it and getting bored with it. I was thinking of getting ORAS, but I heard it was shit. What's /vp/'s opinion?
>>
>>28095990
Wait for SM
>>
>>28095990
Get ORAS its not that bad. It's not as good as emerald but it's better than the the original RS imo
>>
>>28095990
If you got bored of X you'll get bored of this. It's even easier.
>>
I really like ORAS. They aren't perfect but they're some of the most content rich games the series has had to date, and people are just assblasted because there isn't a Battle Frontier. Battle Frontier is great but doesn't make or break the game.

However, SM comes out in like three months, just wait for that if you can, unless you really want access to the event legendaries that are being distributed this year.
>>
>>28095990
As a remake it's pretty disappointing, but as an standalone game it's pretty great. The region looks amazing, the improvements made to the bottom screen menus are fantastic, Secret Bases are really fun. Overall, you could tell that if they had more time this game would have been one of the best so far.
>>
>>28095990
it's a piss-easy version of Ruby/Sapphire with better graphics and music. the only thing they really changed from the originals is difficulty and some small gimmicks, like riding on Lati@s and the Dexnav.

I would highly recommend playing it in a nuzlocke. the game is just a boring, slow, shitfest if you play it normally.
>>
wait for sm unless you wanted to get a head start with the hoenn dex + legendaries to transfer to sm
>>
>>28095990
>/vp/ you told me this game was shit
>/vp/ should i get this game?
Think about that.

But to answer your question anyway, just wait it out at this point. ORAS isn't downright awful but it's nothing worth rushing to the store over.
>>
File: art.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
>>28095990
Sounds like you really can't enjoy anything in life really. You seem to be easily held back by one inconvenient mechanic and cannot see the good of the games.Just go play something else.
>>
I bought it yesterday. It's pretty good. Really smooth gameplay.

And this >>28096120

The game is easy as fuck, easier than every other pokemon game.
>>
>>28095990
Maybe Pokemon isn't your thing.
Try anal sex with a circus nigger-midget
>>
>>28096157
>I heard it was shit
>What's /vp/'s opinion?
They heard it was shit from someone that wasn't /vp/.
Imo, it's decent. Nuzlocke it for the best experience.
>>
Get it, it's fuckin good
>>
>>28095990
If you got bored of X you'll get bored of ORAS too.
>>
Get it and play a hack, it's easy to do with homebrew on any 3ds right now, HM use is still annoying though.
>>
So from what I gather it's a decent game except for the piss easy difficulty
>>
>>28095990
>the terrible pokémon available
Anon, with both HeartGold and SoulSilver you can catch all Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III Pokemon (Regis must be traded from Gen III Hoenn or Sinnoh games), and a few from Gen IV.
>>
>>28095990
>excessive use of HMs

What? Flash is optional, Rock Climb isnt used until post-post game, Rock Smash is 90% optional areas, Whirlpool is in only 2 locations, Waterfall as well. Strength is used in probably 2 or three places.

If HGSS had too much HMs for you, DEFINITELY skip ORAS. The two Rock Smash rocks above Mauville still piss me the fuck off.
>>
I purchased it after starting my Y version again, and it wasn't that bad. If you're familiar enough with the originals, you can just blaze through it really quickly, but some mechanics are pretty neat.

It's really easy though, even compared to XY. I'd definitely advise enabling Set Battle Style and disabling the Exp Share (unless you're trying to level up on of the many HM slaves you'll have to bring along).
>>
>>28095990
It's XY with some improvements, like flying to routes and dexnav. Honestly dexnav was my only favorite thing in the game.

The post game story was so atrocious, it's not even enjoyable to sit through. And routes and dungeons have been cut down and made linear. Sky tower is just ladder tower.

It's not total garbage, but don't expect much. I would just play other games until sun and moon come out.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>28096175

That looks like my room except not as bad
>>
>>28096175
I hear finger blasting your asshole is pretty entertaining. More entertaining than pokemon games in general.
>>
>>28096775

Pretty much. It's a lot of fun top. I liked it personally. Battle Frontier and the main game being easy are its only real faults. I was upset about the pillar too but that falls into easy main game.
>>
They raped sky pillar, it went from a cool challenging dungeon to a setpiece for a cutscene. Otherwise it's just a mechanically improved, easier version of RS.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.