[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It has a secret that is also shared by the starter Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: rockruff.png (134KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff.png
134KB, 500x500px
>It has a secret that is also shared by the starter Pokemon

CoroCoro already announced that next month they will show the Rockruff evo

I believe the secret is an evo dependent on its gender or dependent on day and night.

what ever it ends up being it will also be the case with the starter Pokemon because they specifically mention it is a shared secret.

Sun and Moon has been introducing a lot of crazy stuff, split evo starters would no be impossible after seeing all the crazy things they have done so far with S/M.

what are your thought on this??
>>
>>28091968
To me it makes the most sense to have rockruff have a split evolution based on day or night or which version you get.

However, knowing GameFreak it probably just has to do with what starter you choose or nothing at all.
>>
>>28091968
It'll probably be synchro evolution depending on the customisation of your character.
I'm hoping for split evos though.
>>
>>28091968
it could just be forms that change based on time of day, like werewolf or something. Because the image of the pokedex from one of the official videos or pictures showed only three spaces for each started line, so split evos are unlikely
>>
>>28092034
>or which version you get.

That would be awesome. Also it would be something new.

pokemon already have day and night evos as well as gender evos so it would not make sense to call it a secret when we have seen it before.

but a Pokemon that starts the same on both versions and then evolves depending on the version would be exciting.
>>
$5 says it's Rock/ fire/water/grass depending on your starter or time of day.
>>
>>28092075
Not sure about you guys, but I've a hunch that the synchro thing is going to be just an "alternate form" that some pokes take when they learn or use certain moves (like the Z moves). Think of it like Keldeo's resolute form.
>>
>>28092106
how would that work? do you have to keep them next to each other in the pokeball slots?

I might box the starter if those leaks are true.

If Rockruff evolves depending on that, I will just pick the type that makes Rockruff look the coolest.
>>
Rockruff into a werewolf makes sense as far as theming with the sun and moon thing. Is there any lore like thing for a canine/dog/wolf that has to do with the sun?
>>
>>28092034
I still don't like the starter idea at all, if the Rockruff evos have big design differences depending on the starter and the best one is stuck with worst starter or vice versa, it will end up with me boxing one no matter what.
In the case of the elemental monkeys I didn't give a fuck, because I wasn't planning to use either of them anyway, but with Rockruff that's a different story.
>>
>>28092186
My guess is that it evolves through an item. You would recieve the grass evolution item if you started with litten, fire item for popplio, and water for rowlet. This is how they are connected to the starters. In terms of the "secret" it could merely be that the evolution is a form, the same pokemon but with rock/fire typing, rock/grass typing, and rock/water typing.
>>
>>28091968
Rockruff's collar looks like the Z bracelet and Kukui, who studies moves, has a Rockruff. Maybe it and the starters get different benefits depending on what Z crystal they had when evolving?
>>
People are saying rockruff is the lucario/zoroark of this gen. If so sign me the fuck up
>>
>>28092284

He is the new mightyena. We have had one early route beast every game since gen 3.
>>
>>28092356
I meant as in the one they'll give special attention to and try to push onto people
>>
File: Rockruff-Evolution.jpg (55KB, 357x356px) Image search: [Google]
Rockruff-Evolution.jpg
55KB, 357x356px
>the real design probably won't look this good

Damn it, and I'm one of those guys that almost never think fakemon evos look better than the final result.
>>
I think you'll need Rockruff to find all the Z-stones. Makes sense with its cowl?
>>
>>28092284
I hope so too, I like it so much, imma be really más if its evo ends up being shit.
>>
>>28091968
I just assumed it had something to do with the 'dex entry.

>Rockruff is a sociable Pokémon, but as it grows, its disposition gets wilder. If it begins to howl when the sun goes down, that is proof that it’s close to evolving. It’s said that it leaves its Trainer’s side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved.

So you abandon its ass overnight at a special location, somewhat similar to Mossy Rock, and when you return it has evolved. Maybe the evolution varies by island, or you leave it with another 'mon.

It would be different enough to be a big secret and something new, and I'm convinced that it has multiple evolutions Eevee style.
>>
I just hope one of them is a badass Werewolf
>>
>>28092376
that looks like fucking garbage dude
>>
>>28092376
dude that design is fucking awful, how can you think that's good lol?
>>
Every time I go on /vp/ I end up feeling frustrated as fuck because I can't just know what all the starter and rockruff evos are for certain.
>>
>>28092376
it's shit
>>
>>28092376
that looks nothing like a rock type.
2/10, looks like a wolf-sona
>>
>>28092376
That design is great, but because of the upside down cross-like marking on its body, there is no way in hell GF would ever make such a design real.
>>
What if his werewolf evo gives him giant front arms made of stone that spike up at his shoulders causing him to hunch?
>>
File: tiangou.jpg (2MB, 1400x850px) Image search: [Google]
tiangou.jpg
2MB, 1400x850px
>>28092213
I only remember two and both are kinda sun and moon related.
One is Tiangou, a legendary black dog from chinese mythology that is said to eat the sun or moon in case of an eclipse of either one. And the other are the two wolfs Sköll and Hati from norse mythology, that try to eat the sun and moon respectively, them succeeding is one of the events of Ragnarök.
>>
I think it's very likely we'll never get split evolutions, it's a fake for people who won't accept the fact that Wrestler, Siren and Archer are confirmed
(P.s. I hate those evolutions but I accept that they exists)
>>
>>28092376
Why would you even like that? It looks like a bipedal, overweight squirrel and pomeranian lovechild.
>>
>>28092602
A continuation of the norse mythology for Rockruff would make sense. Is there anything in alchemy regarding canines and the sun, or other fantasy creatures as a counterpart to the werewolf?

I know there's the Grim, but that probably has nothing to do with the sun.
>>
>>28092376
>the real design probably won't look this good
That looks like shit though.
>>
File: Pop.png (218KB, 874x638px) Image search: [Google]
Pop.png
218KB, 874x638px
This is the secret.
>>
>>28092669
Sounds good to me. Means everybody wins!
>>
>>28092659
>>28092576
>>28092556
>>28092580
To be fair it could just be fearing that the actual design is WORSE
>>
>“There is a secret hidden in that little body. In fact, there are also surprising secrets about the starter Pokémon too…!?”

It never stated that Rockruff + Starters shared the same secret
>>
>>28092718
Won't know til next month. =/
At the earliest, there could be a video showing off Rockruff's evos and its secret with the starters.

If it is indeed some kind of split evolution, based on gender, time of day, etc., we might get the final evos for the starters before the games release, so that kiddos playing the game know in advance.
>>
>>28092669
I want to see both mating/breeding
>>
>>28092741
It is assumed the secret is one they share, and only them, as opposed to other Pokemon in alola.
>>
>>28092718
every starting route mutt stays on all four on its final evolution.

I am sure Rockruff will end up looking like a wolf dog with ok stats.
>>
>>28091968

One thing that's been confusing me so far

If Rockruff is about as important as the starters, if he going to be a 4th option for a starter?
>>
>>28092765
They're pushing him like Lucario and Zorua though, besides the manga and the secret thing there is also the chinese leak that besides mentioning Archer/Siren/Wrestler, Sandalit and other confirmed stuff also mentioned a werewolf evo for Rockruff.
I really don't want another Zoroark debacle but it seems more likely then him being just some sort of throwaway early route dog at the moment.
>>
>>28092844
No way.
GF has never deviated from the 3 starters triangle of rock,paper,scissors (no pun intended)

Rockruff will be a starting route Pokemon that will share in the same gimmick as the 3 starters.

that gimmick will hopefully be announced next month on CoroCoro.
>>
>>28092844
No, why would he? They will probably just push one into your arms early on like Togepi etc. if he's too important to be just a normal route mon.
>>
>>28092602

Tiangou looks happy as fuck.
>>
>>28092868

Don't give that "leak" any importance it came from nowhere and has no date.

Only official news holds value.
>>
>>28092993

That single leak is the only one that holds value. It has gotten everything right and it predates all of the things it got right.

You can say there are no gyms but to outright say Trial Captains and Overlord Pokemon replace them is not a guess. It's inside info. And that leak mentions the starter leaks that feature an unannounced character that ended up being revealed it's safe to say both are the only leaks worth discussing.

It's every other one that needs to fuck off.
>>
>>28092034
Fuck if it's version based and sun has the ugly as sin luchalitten one I'm gonna fucking cut myself
>>
>>28091968
Secret evolution from Z Moves. Its retarded but they're gonna do it
>>
>>28093683

Chinese leak does mention the bracelet transforms Pokemon.
>>
>>28093712
no, no it doesn't.
>>
>>28093670

My personal theory is its based on PokeRefresh or whatever it's called. Certain Pokemon will have branched forms based on how you raise them with it.

For example Rockruff and Kitten both get rowdy as they grow so you can either ignore them and let that behavior fester or you can break it. Same with Popplio and its performing except that one is based on what you play with him.

The species is one but the forms are varied a bit with types and attacks.
>>
>>28092669
can't wait to drink Balliofags' tears once Entermaid and no split evos are confirmed
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.