[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Pokeyman is the devil" Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Man the whole "Pokeman es del diablo" was retarded but it was really bad in Latin America
>"Pokémon is from the devil"
>"Pikachu meant lightning horns of the devil"
>"pokemon meant Satan is my master"
>Friend had to smash his pokemon Blue with a hammer
>a lot of schoolmates stopped playing and threw away/burned their games and cards
>I was one of the few still playing
> relatives gave me and my family shit for it
>I feared that since my parents were also religious, they could burn my stuff any minute
In one moment of weakness I asked my mom if pokemon was bad
>"what? No anon, it's just pikachu, it's just a harmless game"

I'm lucky I had chill parents but it was scary how my classmates believed that shit without a second glance. My friend who smashed his cart just told that to me rather nonchalantly.

Anyone has their own survival stories?
>>
Which is funny, because I distinctly remember Pope John Paul III giving the series his blessing for encouraging children to socialize.
>>
Man, I live i Russia and right now there is cossack militia raids going on against Pokemon Go. Presumably because american imperialistic spy tool that will without a doubt be used as a weapon by the method of placing rare pokemons on strategic military objects so people infiltrate them ad capture the insides via AR technology. And those are the official talks in the governent
Yeah, the devilish thing is secondary but also present
>>
Beaner here, i thought that only happen in america, my parents and almost everybody called those people retards
>>
>>28091905
Some protestants have completely missed the point of Christ's teachings that they shut themselves off society.
>>
>>28092012
Because like >>28091982 said, most Catholics were cool with Pokemon. It was the retarded versions of Protestant Christianity that went crazy with the Satanism accusations for the most part.
>>
>>28092042
Catholics are more concerned about the things that are in their present, while protestants shout "THE END IS NIGH"
>>
>>28091982
Popes are usually pretty level-headed about this stuff since they're rather worldly and well educated. It's the backwoods retards like Baptists and weird fringe Protestants that say all the devil stuff.
>>
>>28092042
OP here, can confirm. This was in Puerto Rico, where its majority is protestant. Even Tamagotchis got labeled as deviltry here. I'm glad my parents were level headed.
>>
>>28092063
Baptists are the worst kind of protestant. They fucking have an inclusive mentality and oftentimes are the likeliest to talk behind your back.
>>
>>28092054
#NotAllProtestants

Most prods are like Lutherans and Methodists, where their mentality is, "I'm Christian, I guess. I don't really think about it too much. I do go to church, but sometimes it's way too early on my day off and I just sleep in instead." But they don't get in the newspaper for protesting at gay people's funerals.
>>
>>28091995
This is some ridiculous paranoia, damn russia the fuck
>>
>>28091905
Here in Brazil the same thing happens
My father think that this game is for retards and was made by the devil
>>
>>28091982
>Pope John Paul III
>>
>>28091905
Reading this makes me grateful that I live in a "non-religious" country. I find this stuff legitimately scary.
>>
>>28092194
I wouldn't blame him for that first one, honestly
>>
>>28091995
Not like you can't look for people by their cellphones before Go, or by satellite cameras, google maps, or their purchases. Though why would you believe yourself to be so important is beyond me

/x/ needs to get their shit straight.
>>
>>28092194
>My father think that this game is for retards
Can't blame him, also fuck nintendo for leaving, they had it my hack coming
>>
>>28091995
I think it's interesting how hard religion seems to have made it's place in Russia after the union disbanded.

But as the other anon said holy crap that is some propaganda going on.
>>
>>28091905
Obligatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPmPar2SM4

In Chile the main problem was with Yu-gi-oh!, even the most retard of religious people knew that no child was retarded enough to try to imitate a fucking dragon.
>>
File: Morrowind5.jpg (34KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind5.jpg
34KB, 400x380px
>>28091982
>Pope John Paul III
I really hope that was a typo, anon.
>>
>>28092343
He is talking about the PKM GO 3 craze of 2035.
>>
Hay dos tipos de epilepsia
Una epilepsia es medica
La otra es DEMONIO
>>
I still find it weird. Hell, know Jehova's Witnesses that played Pokemon as a kid.
>>
That never happened to me with Pokemon but happened with Digimon instead
>>
>>28092042
>>28092054
Not all Catholics were/are like that. I'm Italian and have seen some stupid catholic campaign against Pokémon back in the early '00s. I had a couple friends who couldn't play because it was forbidden in their house and their parents wouldn't buy the games.

The same happened when GO came out, although to a lesser extent, many extremist catholics started shouting Pokémon GO was the work of the devil and it would doom us all, Mostly it was old people saying we should get less Pokémon and more pussy.
>>
File: 1463299266236.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463299266236.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>28092324
>acquire the power of becoming the master of Pokemon
>yu-gi-oh cards
>>
>>28092484
But the old people were right, pokemon doomed japanese guys to remain virgins
>>
File: josue-yrion.png (240KB, 544x399px) Image search: [Google]
josue-yrion.png
240KB, 544x399px
>>
>>28091982
Nevermind the "III", but I thought it was the current pope.
Well, I learn something every day.
>>
File: demonio.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
demonio.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0Sujc_nR4
>>
>>28092575
But remaining a virgin is a virtue if you're catholic, unless you're married.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.