[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the game that got you back into Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19

File: black-white.jpg (44KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white.jpg
44KB, 469x210px
What's the game that got you back into Pokemon?
>>
>>28091847
>Implying I ever got out of pokemon
pleb
>>
>>28091847
I never left, OP... I never left...
>>
>>28091847
Pokemon go
>>
>>28091847
i left after gold/silver and came back when platinum had come out, but i onlly got diamond.
>>
Diamond
I couldn't, and still can't stand gen 3
>>
I had a DS flashcard and realized I never played Diamond and Pearl before as I was looking for games to download.

Sapphire really did make me lose faith in pokemon though, despite, in retrospect, noticing the game fixing so much
>>
Still followed Pokemon at the time, but I didn't have any of the games between Gold and HeartGold.
>>
Emerald
I didn't even have a GBA and ended up buying a DS to play the Gen 3 Pokemon games
>>
>>28091847
Red from the eshop, sold my y and omega ruby because they bored me to death. Now I'm hyped for Sun!
>>
File: ruby-sapphire.jpg (82KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-sapphire.jpg
82KB, 470x235px
>>28091847
>tfw thought g/s/c were shit
>this was top tier
yes, I'm a pleb
>>
>>28091847
You posted it.

Diamond and Pearl didn't do it for me at all and I never felt compelled to get Platinum (though I did finally play it a few years back and it was good). I was generally just drifting away from games for the most part around that time though.

I went into Black and White blind and all the magic came back. Been into all over again since.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 508x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 508x640px
HG/SS, ironically the WORST games in the series alongside GSC.
Shortly after, BW (the best games in the series) made me stay :)
>>
B/W made me semi-leave and then life got busy so I missed the release of BW2.

All my friends' hype about XY made me buy a 3DS and pick up X, haven't lost faith to this day and now replaying Black and seeing my younger self just had shit taste.
>>
Diamond. Then I got out of Pokemon again until Soul Silver, and only because my sister wanted to get back in. Haven't fallen out again since.
>>
>>28091946
But in retrospect that is true.
>>
File: PokPlatinumBoxArt.jpg (97KB, 476x434px) Image search: [Google]
PokPlatinumBoxArt.jpg
97KB, 476x434px
got the most hours in it, though i wish they kept the Battle Piramid
>>
X/Y
I'm sorry
>>
>>28091847
I never really left but HG/SS and B/W really rekindled my love for it.
>>
Literally every gen after 4.
Well, not that they "got me back", I just got my interest back when they were out, or at least announced.
I kind of lost my interest in September 2009 and got into Digimon instead, then got back when BW was out (in Japan only? I don't remember), then I quit and got back in 2015 for a short while, and I got my interest back after, like, a month or less after first trailer of gen VII.
>>
File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
I dropped off around Sapphire. Came back for Platinum/HGSS and now I'm back
>>
Platinum. Tried to get into Pearl but I couldn't. The battle speed somehow became slower than in the GBA games and even with disabled animations I was this close to go insane.
>>
>>28091847
X/Y, I've played all of the games except for B2W2 and I'm currently replaying Platinum after a long 4 year hiatus so I can give a hard evaluation for god tier games.
>>
>>28092103
How the fuck did they get away with the battle speed in DP? Fuck those games.
>>
>>28091847
X&Y (well, Y, specifically).

I'd only played a little of Black, but then after finishing Y, I went back and played Gen 5 in its entirety. Whilst I regret missing out at the time, I think having a break from the franchise for a few years did me good. I missed out on HGSS though, like the fuckwit I am.
>>
>>28092125
Gen 4 was a mess as a whole.
>>
>>28092151
Only DP was a mistake. If you compare the games to Platinum it becomes very evident those games were rushed.
>>
>>28091877
(You)
>>
>>28091847
X and Y, but I went and played a lot of games and realized they are shit. BW2 had by far the most content
>>
I never skipped a generation though after Ruby and then Platinum I stopped paying attention and keeping up on pokemon news.

I started playing gen 4 when some guys in high school picked it back up, and I stopped playing until not long before BW2 came out I played an emulator of japanese white and fucking loved it. so I bought white and both black and white 2.
>>
>>28092209
Eh, Plat and HGSS are still extremely underwhelming and reek of "let's do this to put more stuff on the back of the box!"
Not to mention the didn't really make an attempt to fix the big problems of the gen.
>>
>>28091847
The fact that when I wake up, I'm grabbing my phone and wanna catch a 'mon got me back into pokemon.
>>
Never left, but since I grew up broke with paranoid parents who thought I'd lose or break anything that cost more than $20 I didn't get to play any of the games until crystal, but I was big on the anime and TCG and had a hell of a lot of other merch. But there was a point in gen V where I just stopped playing since I already caught them all and didn't like the region that much so it felt like there was nothing to do. Also X and Y were the first games I ever preordered pokemon or not, even skipped class to go to the midnight launch, so I guess those.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 588x331px
Ruby and Sapphire

When I was a kid my father sold all my video game stuff. I had Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, the old brick original Gameboy and aGameboy Color. All of it with my cards and figures. He said I wasn't a kid anymore and I didn't need that stuff. It crushed me and I just gave up on the series all together even though I loved it so much. I stopped following the series altogether. We moved to a new state and I was always the weird new kid, but I managed to make one friend in my new school. We were both awkward nerds so it worked out. Then one random day I was at his house hanging out and I was going through his Gameboy Advance games where I ran across translucent red cartrage. I flipped it over and I immediately lit up "Can I play this?" I asked. "Yeah. You can borrow it if you want."
I spent the entire day playing just falling in love with the series all over again. I played it over and over, his brother let me borrow Sapphire and it quickly became my favorite of the two. Then Emerald came out and it was perfect. And I've loved every game since.
>>
>>28092209
This. Actually they were delayed iirc. DP got me out of Pokemon. Platinum is still top tier
>>
>>28091847
Dropped the series shortly after I lost my red, got back into it when R/S were released, played every game religiously since
>>
>>28092151
SINNOH was a mess. Low pokemon diversity (infamously the only fire types before postgame were ponyta and chimchar), lots of long routes with nothing in them, few new pokemon and a huge chunk of them were fucking hideous garbage that took good final stage designs and made them look like megaman enemies such as Magmortar, Magnezone and Rhyperior. Also the generation where legendaries started to really look like like shit (Heatran, the box legends and Arceus are the worst offenders).

Gen 4 was saved in the remakes. Plus the physical special split was a huge improvement.
>>
>>28092282
>Actually they were delayed iirc.
Yep, if anything that means they weren't rushed however
>>
>>28092336
They weren't finished is a better term. Then platinum feels more finished. The gap between gen 3 and 4 is like one of the longest, the pseudo 3D and wifi must have been hard to do
>>
>>28092333
>Gen 4 was saved in the remakes.
Not him but HGSS had a bunch of problems on it's own. Most of I which were the same as they were in the original.
>>
>>28092359
Where the fuck has this HGSS hate been coming from seriously? Of course it has its own problems no game is perfect
>>
File: Pokemon-Emerald.jpg (1MB, 1473x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Emerald.jpg
1MB, 1473x1475px
>>28091847
Funnily enough, this was the game that made me both drop the series and then brought me back to it. Now it's my favourite game of all time.

Had I not accidentally lost my Golden Sun cartridge I'd have probably left Pokemon for good though.
>>
>>28091847
You posted them
>>
I never stopped.
>>
>>28091847
I never left
>>
>>28092371
>Where the fuck has this HGSS hate been coming from seriously? Of course it has its own problems no game is perfect
People have been getting over the HGSS meme and realizing how lazy it really was. I mean, a remake that didn't even attempt to make an attempt to fix the base game or make the main game more interesting? Not to mention it also left out the location based evos.

You may as well play crystal.
>>
File: cherry picking.jpg (355KB, 1627x1217px) Image search: [Google]
cherry picking.jpg
355KB, 1627x1217px
>>28092440
At least you could've mentioned the sluggish gen 4 engine or something.
>>
>>28092440
>one flaw

Why should you not play Emerald over ORAS?
>>
>>28091847
That one.
>>
>>28092278
>He said I wasn't a kid anymore and I didn't need that stuff.
Literally worse than Hitler.
>>
File: 1410219285731.jpg (597KB, 900x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1410219285731.jpg
597KB, 900x1063px
Ruby. I'm glad i got ruby instead of saphire or emerald- its how i got to meet mawile after all.
>>
>>28092440
Hey it did a lot more innovating than FRLG or ORAS. You have toggle run, following Pokemon, more balanced apricots, pokeathalon, pictures, voltorb flip, it's own unique (albeit lame) safari zone, added new routes, tons of great events with legendaries Giovanni/Sinjoh ruins, managed to incorporate more people from other games (Steven stone), expanding the Suicine story and a lot more. Their only flaw is Pokemon restrictions and level curve. HGSS hacks are truely something else
>>
Started in Yellow, left after Emerald since I can't stand D/P's snail battle animations.
Then I played BW2 and enjoyed again the greatness of being a pokefan.
>>
>>28092483
True but that's a complaint about the gen as a whole. These are problems that should have been rectified when the game was made instead of flooding it with gimmicks.

>>28092486
Why is it always straight to ORAS with you lot?
But if you want an amswer , ORAS improved the general scaling and progression so the player isn't as bogged down.
>>
>>28092541
Oh and making each NPC feel more alive and being able to call them. I like to get submerged into a world, and they do a good job of this. Tedious for rematches though.

Also Multiple clock based events.
I think I have to play HGSS again anon
>>
>>28092541
>he never used the pokewalker
That shit was cool.
>>
File: pokemon-shuffle-169.jpg (110KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-shuffle-169.jpg
110KB, 578x327px
>>
Pokemon Go. Gen 3 took me out of it. Gen 4 brought me back. Gen 5 made me drop it. Pokemania 2.0 got me back in again.
>>
>>28092558
>ORAS improved the general scaling and progression so the player isn't as bogged down.
yeah by making the game way easier
>>
>>28091904
But that's the second best gen after 5 desu
>>
>>28092672
>Gen 5
>Best Gen
lol
>>
>>28092670
ORAS actually buffed the majority of trainers as well as adding new ones in underwater routes and such.
>>
File: afc[1].jpg (98KB, 497x1024px) Image search: [Google]
afc[1].jpg
98KB, 497x1024px
>>28091961
Hug me anon-kun.

Btw I love Rosa, thanks for that superior taste u got there
>>
>>28091847
Platinum

I never owned a gameboy advance, so I could never play 3rd gen
>>
>>28091946
Blew my mind when i realized what a gigantic jump RSE were compared to the first 2 gens.
>>
>>28092558
>bogged down
You mean so that they have a linear adventure?
>>
>>28092689
>disliking gen 5
what are you, a faggot?
>>
>>28092703
Gen 5 was had the best designs for girls
>>
>>28091847
You posted it. And more recently, unironically ORAS.
>>
File: Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg (1MB, 1500x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_EN_boxart.jpg
1MB, 1500x1344px
>>28091847
Picked up Gen 1 late. By the time I was really into it, the fad had died down.
Got into Gen 2 as "that guy that still likes Pokemon".
During Gen 3 I was in the "I'm just too mature a 15-year-old to like Pokemon, all the designs are the same, please rape my face" phase.
By the time Diamond/Pearl came out, I had my own money and one random night got Diamond as an impulse buy.

And here we fucking are.
>>
>>28092744
Would you say your opinions have changed about DP at all?
>>
>>28092541
You're mistaking gimmicks for innovation anon.
Toggling run was a pretty unnecessary feature in all honesty seeing as it's quicker just to let go of B.
I'm not sure what you mean by "balanced Apricorns".
Pokeathlon wasn't an innovative feature as it was just a collection of barebones minigames that acted as a wall between the player and evolution stones.
Pictures were fairly pointless without any way to export the images.
Voltorb flip was a step back any way you look at it because you were forced to play this tedious game instead of having the choice to bypass it quickly.
The safari zone is probably the least thought out version of it and it shows by the negative reception of it. Also even compared to the ORAS one it lacked decent design as they were just square rooms. Something gen 4 did a lot in all honesty as the Secret Bases were turned into basic square rooms. In any case, forcing the player to either adjust the system clock or wait several months to get a single Pokemon isn't innovative.
It added two new routes just to lead up the safari zone with only one notable location which was the embedded tower that didn't make sense lorewise.
Event cutscenes and areas aren't innovative either seeing as they were introduced the gen prior. The last two could fall under this too.

>>28092566
There's a reason why the calls were replaced with a less, intrusive, system in gen 3. One because of the limited text options which carried over to HG/SS but because you were stopped a lot which broke immersion.

>Also Multiple clock based events
I think this may be the worst offender, they were a novel addition in gen 2 when the game didn't work in real time but locking things like TMs to once a week events was a terrible move.
Even ORAS' mirage islands were better because they could be reset every so often.
>>
>>28092715
Not that Gen GSC/HGSS were any better in that regard especially when the only split in the main game caused the biggest problem in the game.
Anyway, GSC/HGSS were considerably more tedious than other games.
>>
>>28092802
Literally how
>>
File: MCbqZOi.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MCbqZOi.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>28092698
i never finished oras
felt waaay easier though, esp. with lati@s so early
>>
>>28092698
Still weaker than Emerald
>>
>>28092440
>You may as well play crystal
gen 4 mechanics. only reason.
>>
>>28092880
Except for Liza and Tate, the majority were better.
>>
>>28092618
Exactly the same for me.

I got back into it after Go with B2 on an emulator, then just said fuck it and got a 3DS with Y.
>>
>>28092856
>RB list
>Legitimate problems with the game
>ORAS List
>A bunch of opinions and whining
LOL
>>
>>28092893
Oh that's true, but Emerald Norman and Wionna and Wattson were all much better in Emerald too.

Brawly and Flannery were harder too
>>
>>28092768
Nope, I nostalgiafag as hard for it as hard as most people nostalgiafag for Gen 3.

Can't wait for their remakes to fuck me up.
>>
>>28092856
>>28092911
Hate ORAS a lot, but this is lost is just b8
>>
>>28092845
>Poor level scaling
>incessant calls
>the safari zone
>the Pokewalker
>>
i skipped gen 4. didn't play much else than WoW at that time
>>
>>28092931
>yes
>either plot or completely optional
>literally optional
>literally a bonus feature

You just hate content don't you
>>
>>28092966
>You just hate content don't you
Only if the content takes away from making a better game and they obviously sunk too much time into it in a vain attempt to make something good rather than using that time to improve the actual game.

Also the only thing the Pokewalker did was make the game more expensive in the future and prompt an early discontinuation of the games.
>>
I skipped gens 4 and 5 when they came out and picked up ORAS, but since it was lackluster I picked up BW2 and that's what brought me back
>>
>>28093014
maybe that's because they want it, because it's a good game with a cool feature
>>
>>28093092
Just because someone wants it doesn't make it automatically good or cool anon. You have to think about the applications before anything else.
>>
>>28092333
Dialga is a magnificent stumpy beast.

Giratina and Palkia a shit.
>>
>>28093123
That's fair X and Y is popular with the normies even though it's shit.

But hey, optional content is optional content. something gen 6 doesn't have
>>
>>28091847
I'm getting Black 2 tomorrow; the last time I played was Soul Silver. It's purely so that I will be able to trade up my pokemon from OG Sapphire to the newer games.
>>
>>28091847
You posted them. Stopped after GSC but I loved BW/B2W2
>>
>>28093171
Good luck anon
>>
>>28093161
>something gen 6 doesn't have
You know that isn't true anon. Especially when it comes to ORAS.
>>
>>28091847
Yeah, BW did for me. I dropped the series at DP since I hated those games. I skipped platinum and then something about BW made me want to play them. Still haven't played Platinum actually, though I did go back and play HGSS.
>>
>>28093186
delta episode is not side content anon. That's how you get your postgame items and battle tower 3.0
>>
>all those Gofags ITT
Am I being memed on?
>>
>>28093216
>delta episode is not side content anon
I was talking about contests, secret bases, mirage islands and the various other places to explore.

What you're thinking of is post game content. Not side content.
>>
>>28093234
>old content
>old content
>RNG places that lock TM's

How the fuck is that new content that make the games unique? You won't be able to do Bases after wifi shits down
>>
>>28091847
That one. I played Gens I and II, missed Gens III and IV, got back into it at Gen V.
>>
>>28093257
Wow, and people say Unovabortions are annoying.

You do realise you just said that none of HG/SS' side content is side content because they're old, right? You can't have it both ways. And even then ORAS added new features to them specifically when it comes to the bases as you can now recruit trainers that have special abilities such as hatching eggs faster.

>You won't be able to do Bases after wifi shits down
Except for the ones that are saved and that local will still work. Why do you think people were angry about the gen 4 bases lacking this feature?
Also considering it's working on Nintendo's servers now rather than a third party's like gamespy they'll be up for a while.
>>
>>28093332
>You do realise you just said that none of HG/SS' side content is side content because they're old, right?

What fucking part of this is old?

>Pokewalker
>pokeathelon
>Expanded Esuine
>Sinjoh ruins
>Giovanni battle
>dozens of rematches
>gym leader's cells
>route 47/48

If we count bases/contests as being "completely new" here I go
>apricots
>Esuine extended (shame on ORAS leaving out Scott+Juan)
>voltorb flip
>safari zone

Get fucked ORAS faggot
>>
>>28093469
>>Pokewalker
External connectivity isn't anything new not to mention it was essentially a stripped down version of the game.
>>pokeathelon
>>Expanded Esuine
Old story
>>Sinjoh ruins
Old Pokemon, characters and lore
>>Giovanni battle
Old character
>>dozens of rematches
A staple of the series since gen 2
>>gym leader's cells
Since gen 3
>>route 47/48
You're kidding right? They're two routes.
>>apricots
They're apricorns idiot and there were no new balls introduced at all
>Esuine extended (shame on ORAS leaving out Scott+Juan)
You said that before and even then it's still an old story that didn't really expand on much.
>voltorb flip
>safari zone
Old feature

So all you have is Voltorb Flip and the Pokeathlon

Using your logic these are all new and good just because they're different from their previous iteration in some way
>Global link
>Rematches
>Contests
>Inverse battles
>Battle Test
>Expanded Gym leaders
>DE
>Buzznav
>Mirage Islands
>Safari Zone

I'm not even trying to defend ORAS, it just became the subject of comparison because one anon, or you, brought it up.
At this point it's just pointing out your own hypocrisy.
>>
8 years old - Pokemon is cool and ubiquitous. Got Pokemon Blue.
10 - Gold/Silver comes out. Got silver.
11-14 - Forgot about Pokemon; it became lame; I got older; no grade 8s played it or wanted to play it; yugioh and beyblade and other things replaced it. I hated the new designs in Sapphire and Ruby so that was it.
14 - FRLG come out. A nerdy friend I made in school got it, so I got the other version that we could play together.
15-22: life happened; pokemon took a back seat. but in 2011, black came out... about a year after it came out, i got black because people here said good things. i made a 'oldfag plays black for the first time' thread and played through it with you guys. it was fun.

After that, I got the 4th generation Platinum. In uni, people played it openly... so I got B2, X, Omega Ruby all to play with people in uni.

So I guess I came back to it twice: once with FRLG and once with BW.
>>
File: lickilicky_by_sailorclef1.jpg (112KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
lickilicky_by_sailorclef1.jpg
112KB, 550x550px
>>28091847
Pearl

I grew up with Gen 1 and 2 and simply had no interest in R/S/E despite owning a GBA. I got a DS Lite in 2009 and picked up Pearl because why not? I stayed up all night that night playing it (my eye was twitchy the next day) and I felt like a kid again. Great gen that reignited my love for the series. Looking back I probably should have picked up Platinum instead and I'm not sure why I decided on Pearl, but I don't regret it.

One of my favourite gens.
>>
X.
I didn't like Black as much when I first played it, though it might be because I had to use a incomplete translation of the Japansese version.
I skipped Black 2 at release because I didn't really liked the first games, but I got it a few months before the release of Pokemon Bank. Turned out to be one of my favourite Pokemon games.
>>
Actually showdown got me back into pokemon. But, I hated gen 5 without playing it because "Muh gen 1/2 pokes are the only reel pokes."

Ironically, 5 is my favorite generation now.
>>
>>28091847
Never left. never even thought about leaving.
>>
Actually looking to get back into pokemon and I want to get one of the newer games. Should I get XY or ORAS?
>>
File: 1384872892388.jpg (22KB, 296x190px) Image search: [Google]
1384872892388.jpg
22KB, 296x190px
>>28092035
Made me go back or better, has made my interest for Pokemon stronger after the already relatively solid interest I had for Gen 2 and Gen 3 games, Emerald was much better than RB however.
>>28091847
This and its sequels made me quit again.

Gen 6 and Sun/Moon and eventual third title or second set of games of Gen 7 made me come back and are keeping my interest in the Pokemon franchise. Some of the games that made me come back have minor flaws but the pros are definitely stronger, felt like Gen 5 games had the opposite ratio instead.
>>
Pokemon Go
>>
>>28091847
I never left. And never will
>>
>>28094483
XY is a much better reintroduction, with a massive amount of old Pokemon available to catch in addition to the new Gen 6 ones. ORAS is just a bad remake.
>>
Oddly enough, both Sapphire, and Emerald.

I thought that the R/S commercials looked really dumb, but after buying Sapphire and having a lot of fun with it for a few months I was back into Pokemon.

But I didn't see any reason to play Pokemon anymore after that, but then I discovered competitive using simulators, and I bought Emerald just for the Battle Frontier, which was awesome considering the used copy I bought was the 8th gym.

Since then I've taken long hiatuses between games (5 years between playing Diamond and White 2 actually, and still haven't played X/Y) but I've always dabbled in the simulators.
>>
>>28094483
ORAS is like the third title for Gen 6, but if you want the experience try both.

Just remember ORAS has a wider Pokemon selection in terms of updates and megas. you can still trade mons from XY tho.
Kalos has its own atmosphere and the likes if you don't want to miss the 6th gen story.
I mean, I think Diancie's and Hoopa's native region doesn't even have their megas and forms in those games.
>>
>>28094552
wider compatibility in general* to be specific
kalos has a bigger regional dex and all while oras has an extended national dex and most of the legendaries, megas and other rare mons are able to be obtained after the 7th gym except for mewtwo, kalos trio and event / mythical mons
>>
HG/SS and then OR/AS

I was pretty much done with Pokemon when I struggled to find the motivation to finish Platinum in spite of everyone saying how great it was. I played HG/SS for the nostalgia, then dropped the series. Played OR/AS and almost dropped it too because boredom started to set in. Only sticking around because S/M seem to be changing the formula up a bit and it might be interesting. Otherwise, I'm probably out.
>>
>>28091847
These ones earlier this year, mostly because i was broke and because the the hype for sun and moon was beginning so i wanted to get back into the games
>>
File: cViogOS.jpg (127KB, 1160x800px) Image search: [Google]
cViogOS.jpg
127KB, 1160x800px
>>28091847

XY. I played Pokémon a lot in Gen IV, so by the time BW got announced I had my fill and BW showed nothing to reignite my interest as the setting was meh and the new mons looked pants.
And you know what? After having played BW recently I found out I was completely right in my initial reaction. BW were by far the weakest entries in the series.
Granted, XY was far from stellar, but it had good new Pokémon, which set it above Gen V.
>>
File: 250px-White_EN_boxart.png (90KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-White_EN_boxart.png
90KB, 250x224px
I would say I've been on a hiatus with Pokemon, I played Ruby/Sapphire up to Emerald, Pearl and Platinum, didn't bother my mom buying the 2nd gen remakes, tho I played 1st gen GBASP remakes back in 04 or 05. Eventually I came back to Pokemon White, fortunately brought back my love for the franchise, I urged my mom to get me a DS and Pokemon Black 2, didn't really liked the game that much desu. I skipped X and Y because they didn't really look that fun nor interesting. Now comes the present, my love for Pokemon rejuvenated with the fan made games like Insurgence, Rejuvenation, and Reborn, eventually I came around and bought a 2DS and Pokemon OR, moving onward to Gen 7 with Litten
>>
>>28094992
To make sure an anon doesn't get confused, during the release of PKMN Black and White 2, I lost my DS
>>
Gen VI, I guess Pokemon Go too kinda. Left early in Gen 2.

Garbage story no1curr about, but
>Dirt poor but manage to get gradually get a GBP and GBC plus R/B/Y and G/S due to mom taking pity on my inability to fit in
>People fall out of it instantly Middle School because they're all try-hard white suburbanites and "Ew Pokemon is for kids."
>Digimon's anime with exponentially better so I could enjoy it without feeling obligated to buy cards and games so I got into that for a while
>Save up one summer in HS and got a GBA SP (best Nintendo handheld) and try out Emerald
>Just feels like the same old game with different Pokemon
>Waste of money.jpg
>~Decade later live with garbage ex who was obsessed with Pokemon
>Buys Black version for me to play on his spare DS
>Play up to Cynthia but still kinda meh about the series aside from Elesa and Hilda
>Start hating Pokemon because of that ex and how I was treated, still held onto Black version though
>5yrs later, Go comes out and it's like the late 90s all over again
>Disabled, so I can't walk very far to play
>Neighborhood is full of garbage
>Bluestacks+FakeGPS and don't even leave my city but get a temp ban
>Request more Pokestops and gyms in my area and explain why
>Denied.jpg
>PokeVision comes out so I start driving around with my SO
>Niantic throws a fit and shits all over 3rd party trackers
>"Lmao fuck Niantic" uninstall and never touch it again
>SO decides to buy a second 3DS XL and let me use Y version so we can play together

Honestly it actually feels fresh compared to the first 3 gens due to it not looking remotely the same.
>>
File: 1283676852117.jpg (106KB, 650x473px) Image search: [Google]
1283676852117.jpg
106KB, 650x473px
Ruby/Sapphire
There was like a six month period where I decided Pokemon wasn't cool anymore and then I played Ruby/Sapphire at my friends house and my mind was fucking blown and I have never looked back. People who don't think R/S were a huge improvement over G/S/C, like literally the biggest jump in quality we've ever had, are idiots.
>>
Took a massive break after RBY. Parents wouldn't get me and my brother GSC, and we didn't have GBAs later, so after a while I just stopped caring. When BW came out I had a lot of friends that were into t and excited, so I downloaded an emulator and White and had a blast. Never finished it though, accidentally quicksaved when I was booting up and didn't want to replay the game. I later had a 3DS in 2012, and in 13 I picked up Black 2 when XY hype was happening. So, if you exempt my small stint with White, I really left Pokémon for about 14 years, but I did replay Blue every now and then as a teenager.

I've been going back through the series through the series though, with Alpha Sapphire when it came out in 14, and I just wrapped up Soul Silver and am working on Pearl now. I'll probably take a short break until Moon, and then after that I'm going back to White, and then finishing Black 2 since I never did.
>>
Pokemon Go

Left when X and Y were announced, now I'm getting back into things.
>>
>>28091847
DP
My interest was waning during gen 3 and I just stopped giving a shit by the time emerald came out since I was long tired of RS by that point and FRLG, while nice, wasn't enough to keep me really interested. DP's somewhat open-ended comfy exploration was exactly what I needed to keep going, and here I am now.
>>
>>28096777
But you do have XY now and have caught them all, yes?
>>
>>28097653
Why would I play those shit games? I caught them all in OR.
>>
>>28091847
BW gave me hope for Pokemon's future, XY crushed that hope
>>
>>28097848
good enough
>>
I stopped after gen 3.

Just got older and didn't care for pokemon anymore.

It wasn't until gen 6 that I got back into pokemon.
The whold 3D models thing had me curious so I remember the months leading up to release I bought copies of platinum, white, and white 2 and did nuzlockes run through them all.

I stopped playing after X though since ORAS was kind of boring to me. It was GO that brought me back for the second time.
>>
Started with Silver. Ended with Crystal. Went back to Platinum. Played ever since.
>>
>>28093652
>Sinjoh ruins
>Old Pokemon, characters and lore
Pretty sure Cynthia, Arceus, Palkia, Dailga, and Giratina were all new Pokemon at the time.

>Giovanni battle
>Old character
And? Its a new time travel event that wasnt present in the old ones, you might as well say Delta episode doesnt count.

>safari zone
>Old feature
Yea I totally love how you can customize your safari zone in the older ones.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.