[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM will be the worst selling Pokémon mainline games of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1469467424604.png (143KB, 506x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469467424604.png
143KB, 506x720px
>SM will be the worst selling Pokémon mainline games of all time because of piracy
>>
File: 1469785150273.jpg (128KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
1469785150273.jpg
128KB, 640x509px
>>28089707
The wave of casuals interested in trying Pokemon again overwhelms the sales drop from piracy, and puts SM on the map as the second-best selling generation.
>>
File: 6a2.png (172KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
172KB, 361x691px
>>28089707
>XY will be the worst selling Pokémon mainline games of all time because of piracy
>>
Pokemon Sun and moon have a good chance of being one of the best selling Pokemon games thanks to Pokemon Go.
>>
You guys have heard of anti-piracy measures some developers put in video games, yes?

If Game Freak decides to add one in order to Sun/Moon, what would it be?
>>
>>28089707
>implying piracy hurts sales
it's going to be the best pokemon game out to date, mark my words
>>
>3DS
>Pokemon
>Piracy
>>
>>28089763
this

also piracy isn't nearly as big of an impact as people here think or the developers want to make you believe
>>
DS piracy was far more rampant and accessible than 3DS piracy

SM will actually be the worst selling start of a generation due to increasingly waning interest in dedicated portable game systems
>>
>>28090579
>If Game Freak decides to add one in order to Sun/Moon, what would it be?

I wouldn't add one if I were them. What I'd do is really fuck with the player. Pokemon sent to the PC are instantly released. Capture rates are cut in half. All items are twice as expensive. Prize money is cut in half. Payouts for blacking out are twice as expensive. Encounter rates are so fucked that trying to find anything other than common route trash would be like trying to find a Chimecho back in RSE. Wild Pokemon encounter rates in caves and while surfing is three times greater. The bike provides no boost to travel speed. You cannot enter the Daycare Center, preventing you from breeding, or even just putting pokemon in for a level boost.

But since your question asks for one thing for them to put in, the language is always set to the wrong region. No region will have it set to Japanese or English. You're always gonna wind up with Chinese or Russian or some shit.
>>
>>28090579
With how 3DS piracy works pretty sure it won't be an issue unless you use Gateway or Sky3DS like an idiot or an emulator happens to be out by then
>>
>>28090579
I want it to be like BW1, where you can't earn experience from battles. And then I want big-name sites to erroneously report that there's a no-exp tutorial mode in the game again.
>>
3DS is less common than DS piracy, which was far less common than GBA piracy. Plus pokemon has a huge child demographic who are less likely to pirate. Gamefreak doesn't need to fear piracy, they need to fear losing appeal to kids, but Pokemon Go has put the franchise back in the public conscience (if only temporarily) so things look fairly strong. I bet it'll sell about the same as XY.
>>
>>28089763
Truth.

My league has grown by like 10 people since GO was released.
>>
>>28090669
Waning interest my left nut. Only raging fucking morons choose smartphone games over solid handheld titles.

Do you know how hard it is to find quality in that immense sea of shit that is smartphone games? Either the game sucks, the game is OK but the controls suck, or it is plagued with micropayments and advertising. There are very few games out there that tick all the boxes, and even if you find one you may as well just pirate it because it ultimately won't be worth the asking price.

And yet of all the 3DS games I have ever bought, I have never been disappointed. Hell, I was even considering getting a vita before rumours about the NX started (so I am waiting for some solid damn news.)

Actual gamers don't settle for phone games. At best they play the few good ones on the side and spend 90% of their time on PC/console/dedicated handheld. Even with Pokemon Go getting me to actually use my phone more often, it's totally blown out by my 3DS playtime (I still spend hours on my 3DS every day and mere minutes in go.)

If anything, interest in dedicated handhelds will rise if the NX actually lives up to the rumours.
>>
>>28090825
They were talking about the waning interest in the Japanese market. Handhelds are dying in Japan, everyone's focused on Mobile devices.
>>
>>28090966
To be fair, Japan has better phone games and worse taste.
>>
>>28089707
I'm assuming many of the people that will be buying the games don't even know you can pirate them relatively easy. Then there's people like me who are aware and still choose to actually buy the games.
>>
>>28089725
3DS piracy was not rampant when XY launched.
>>
>>28090966
Every system is dying in Japan though
>>
>>28089707
So?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.