[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ Nuzlocke/Nuzgen Thrown Away Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 113

File: 1472224177570.gif (2MB, 400x479px) Image search: [Google]
1472224177570.gif
2MB, 400x479px
/nzg/ Thrown Away edition

Previous Thread >>28068711

POST YOUR PROGRESS OR START A NEW RUN

pre-patched romhacks:
start up a rom of your choice (or legit game if you're that guy) and start up a run so this thread can actually last more than a day
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg

the old pastebin:

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1 (embed)
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU (embed)
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT (embed)
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj (embed)
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed (embed)

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8
>>
I didn't post at all last thread, so I think I'm going to boot up a run tonight. Don't know what. I'm thinking Emerald Rando.
>>
> Resetting for a good starter nature, as the run doesn't start until you can catch things so I may as well make sure the one guarantee is good.
> It has been about an hour.

This is my punishment.
Watch the little cunt get crit and die on route 2 or something as well.
>>
File: bb08.png (17KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bb08.png
17KB, 256x384px
Oh yeah, and Joey almost slaughtered me. It was a 50/50 kind of because if I healed then Flame Wheel killed and if I attacked then Quick Attack killed. I ended up healing but he's a nice guy and went for Focus Energy and didn't even go for the Quick Attack crit to finish me off. Nice guy.

Team is >>28084465

>>28084489
I use Super Mystery Dungeon sprites. Only starters have the special ones with the swirly eyes IIRC.
>>
File: Capture.png (95KB, 556x345px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
95KB, 556x345px
BS Plat stream here

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>>28084523
Gotta be careful with Rando, a bad opening can really cut your run off early. If you've never done Firered Omega I'd recommend it, it's pretty challenging and offers a pretty solid variety.

>>28084538
I ran into that issue when starting my current ORLocke, game kept spitting Bold Mudkips at me. You might just want to settle for a mediocre/neutral nature at this point.
>>
Can't I just breed a Pichu with Volt Tackle? I have a female Pikachu I had caught, and another Pichu I had caught with a Light Ball.

The fucking Pichu was level 17 and knew no attacking moves, so unless he manages to evolve into Pikachu by level 20, he is already missing Body Slam and Thunderbolt by 26.
>>
>>28084538
>reseting for good natures
why are you even doing a nuzlocke?
>>
File: Platinum Randomizer 3.png (741KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Randomizer 3.png
741KB, 1552x1015px
I lost Sunflora to Fantina. Who should I replace him with?
>>
>>28084688
>breeding in a nuzlocke
Seriously? I'm mean I guess if you counted it as your catch for the route
>>
File: mr-dd-intro.jpg (23KB, 469x481px) Image search: [Google]
mr-dd-intro.jpg
23KB, 469x481px
>need to enter more mons in my Dex to get the experience share
>experience share is best way to get more mons in my Dex
>>
File: bb09.png (12KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
bb09.png
12KB, 256x384px
>Butterfree has Tinted Lens
ooh baby butterfree might actually be the greatest of all time

>>28084688
You can't breed with babbymons IIRC.

>>28084772
your team is actually solid as it is but i'd go with abra

>>28084833
exp share is a cheap tactic to make weak pokemon stronger
>>
>>28084772
Mamoswine or Teleport
>>
>>28084597
How come I don't see a chatbox on that site + have a seemingly ded chatbox on the original stream, but you seem to be responding to someone?
>>
File: image.png (1001KB, 656x4710px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1001KB, 656x4710px
>>28084897
>not naming your pansear after the King

Anyways, what's the general consensus on gift Pokemon? For example, if I get a rod and head back to Pallet, is it legal to catch something there or no since my starter would be obtained there?
>>
File: team.png (17KB, 580x506px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
17KB, 580x506px
I'll add my boxed mons later but this is the outcome after bugsy's gym.

Marinette Comet Punched that bug cunt to death with a 5 hit combo with help of late Mint's poison.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (76KB, 1417x781px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
76KB, 1417x781px
>>28084666
Thanks Satan, but I usually do FRO, which is why I wanted to do Emerald next. I'm currently moving onto Koga (although I don't remember his levels...)

Team:
Slash the Sunflora 39
Picossa the Gardevoir 40
Kiyo the Octillery 40
Tina the Dugtrio 39
Huff the Magmar 39
QT3.14 the Magneton 40

Ready to join the team:
Beefaroni the Snorlax, Dakuna the Seadra 40, Keillo the Pupitar 34, Pallatte the Vileplume 35, Reamer the Zangoose 33, Nobaa the Shuppet 31
Also
>Pokémon in the low yellow
>switch for safety
>Pursuit
>3 HP left
>Mfw
>>
>Decide to amend the rules in the Safari Zone
>Since it's hard as balls to catch shit in there, make it a bit easier
>Catch as many Pokémon as I want, but release all but 1 afterwards
>This is also to help with my low dex count
>See about 30 mons, staying in the grass
>only managed to catch 1
>it was the first one anyways

Well, I don't know if I'm more ashamed of the fact that I tried to break the rules, or that I fucked up doing it
>>
>>28085463
If you tried to break the rules and failed, did you ever break any rules at all?
>>
>>28085522
It's the thought that counts. I just really hate the Safari Zone because I always feel like there's nothing I can do to stop from fucking up
At least with wilds, if I know I can OHKO it, I just start throwing balls
>>
> Button mashing through a boring grind to get a new team member up to fighting shape.
> Oops ur ded to a crit lmao.

Goodbye Zubat. I hardly knew you. Level 4-6.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-26-22-27-27.png (810KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-26-22-27-27.png
810KB, 1440x2560px
Update from the previous thread. I won against pryce so I'm officially in the darkavout anything afterafter this
>>
Fucking Pineco, almost caught it.
>>
>>28086269
>shegichi dies to selfdestruct
KILLER QUEEN
>>
File: SacredGoldNuzlocke7.jpg (1MB, 1620x798px) Image search: [Google]
SacredGoldNuzlocke7.jpg
1MB, 1620x798px
caught bayley the farfetch'd
caught Baldo the voltorb
caught evan the poliwag
caught lana the wingull
took baldo over sudowoodo since Joe got ancientpower
cleared lighthouse
beat eusine
shit on chuck
we scizor now
5th badge get

onto the weird team rocket safari zone thing Dray put it
>>28086313
I've already touched that doorknob...
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x419px
Updated Team on Emerald Randomized Run, Flannery is gonna be a cakewalk
>>
I need some advice, what's the best way to train for Koga? I need to be around ~53f
>>
Shigechi is dead and somebody must replace her.

>>28086313
I wanted to name that Pineco as Sheer Heart Attack
>>
>>28086462
Go with Ekans or Croagunk.
>>
File: YbJHqSe.jpg (93KB, 1069x748px) Image search: [Google]
YbJHqSe.jpg
93KB, 1069x748px
grindan 4 cilan
if cilan's monograss this should be pretty easy but i don't trust dray

also pansear may have to be my cutslave and the move deleter isn't until mistralton - damn

>>28084993
starter = pallet catch imo
you could always fish at say vermillion if you didn't catch anything there yet

>>28086450
grind against the group of 6 bikers at the beginning of cycling road

also conveniently close to a pokecenter
>>
Just beat Wattson in OR. Was expecting Sonicboom shenanigans and came prepared with Loudred. Turns out he's a lot different from RSE.
Thankfully Mud Sport let me tank a couple of Volt Switches and once I learned his new gimmick, I trapped his Voltorb with Nincada, Mud Slapped his accuracy down, Hardened to max defense, and laughed all the way to the badge.

Only death so far was my Tentacool, but I'm expecting 3-4 more on Flannery.
>>
File: Huge Dork.png (525KB, 454x634px) Image search: [Google]
Huge Dork.png
525KB, 454x634px
>>28086269
PERFECT
>>
Where do I get my mitts on a Leaf Stone in BS Plat?
>>
>>28086732
Flaeorama Meadow or w/e or the underground if I recall.
>>
File: 3 After Nacrene Gym.jpg (370KB, 1201x845px) Image search: [Google]
3 After Nacrene Gym.jpg
370KB, 1201x845px
Last update for the night. Just beat the Nacrene Gym after the obligatory sacrifice of one of my mon's to Retaliate.

I caught a Pidove and began training it, only just realized it's Adamant with Super Luck. Hopefully it can survive long enough to become a monster.
>>
>>28086747
Thanks m80.
>>
>>28086816
No problem. If you need the other stones, they're in the unown cave, I know Fire/Water are there for sure.
>>
> Nidorino, Prinplup, Nuzleaf and Aron all before Roark on BS Platinum.

I'm never this lucky.
What's the catch? Am I gonna wipe to Roark or something? I do realise that Aron has slim to no chance of making it to Lairon due to how much of an EXP sponge it is, but I'm down to take that risk.
>>
File: feel pajams.jpg (26KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
feel pajams.jpg
26KB, 511x428px
>want to do a Nuzlocke, haven't tried one in a long time
>don't want to do Kanto because I just recently beat a FireRed funrun and would rather do something different
>don't want to do Johto because of how slow and poorly distributed it is, which would make for a really tedious run
>don't want to do Hoenn because I'm just not feeling it tee bee aitch senpai, maybe it's leftover ORAS burnout
>don't want to do Sinnoh because Platinum is fucking brutal, and also long as hell
>don't want to do Unova because I've never played a Gen V game before
>don't want to do Kalos because I want to be able to emulate it on my phone for easy play on the go, between my 3DS and my phone I really don't want to have multiple gadgets on me

kinda leaning towards Kalos because I heard some nuzlockes have rules where you need to wondertrade a pokemon off after each gym badge, and that sounds like a neat idea, but if XY was lackluster while playing normally it'll probably be lackluster while nuzlocking

what the fuck do I do
>>
>>28086970
The trick is that they're all going to be your greatest bros right up until Cynthia brutally murders them all and leaves you depressed.
>>
>>28087043
>what the fuck do I do
Do a Sacred Gold run.
>>
>>28087043
Dude, play go do White and then Black 2 right now. They're fantastic games, they'd be perfect for nuzlocking your first time. They're not too hard unless you get too many bug Pokemon, then one of the E4 becomes an absolute nightmare along with one gym leader. Otherwise your biggest threats will be Elesa and N.

Please go play them anon, you'll have fun. Hell have some stipulations if you want, maybe one revive per town? Since you've never played before.
>>
>>28087047
Sh-shut up.
I don't need these flashbacks to my previous Plat run where I was defeated mid-E4.
>>
>>28087093
Don't worry anon, my randomized plat run has been relatively clean so far, only two deaths, and one was a sacrifice to save my Poliwhirl.

I fear when I get to Cynthia. I've never managed to beat her first go. She's my Pokemon kryptonite.
>>
File: The Legend Continues.jpg (333KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend Continues.jpg
333KB, 1552x1015px
>>28086805
Things... could have gone better. Lenora's Watchhog hit every single Hypnosis despite having several accuracy drops. Some mistakes were made. Some criticals happened. Let's not talk about it too much.
>>
>Gary's Walrein has EQ

Th-thanks again Sturdy...

FRO keeps throwing random bullshit at me... barely made it past the faggot alive...
>>
Just got my first badge in pokemon black, have a pretty shitty team though
>>
>>28087207
>Giovanni sent out Cloyster!
>Switch to Magneton
>"Cloyster used Explosion!"

Th-thanks again, Sturdy...

Guys, don't get me wrong, I really love Sturdy, but this is getting a little old...
>>
File: mulder.jpg (16KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
mulder.jpg
16KB, 500x365px
>>28087085
Part of me feels hesitant to do a Nuzlocke my first time playing a game. I feel like I'm robbing myself of experiencing it fully. Like, if I'm only catching one Pokemon per route, I'm missing out on so many cool Pokemon. (when I play a Pokemon game, I really do try to catch them all. My team is in constant rotation)

>>28087083
>all 493 pokemon available
I dunno, I'd kind of prefer to stick to just the first two gens if I'm playing a Gen II game or remake. I feel like it muddies the experience. Are there any GSC/HGSS romhacks that just fix the existing distribution? Maybe more emphasis on Gen II pokemon, so that Slugma and Houndour are actually in Johto, for example.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
ORLocke update; we've got our first fatality of the run. May's grovyle has fury cutter and pursuit, apparently. RIP J'onn, you will be missed, you glorious Martian bastard.
>>
>>28087278
>Part of me feels hesitant to do a Nuzlocke my first time playing a game. I feel like I'm robbing myself of experiencing it fully. Like, if I'm only catching one Pokemon per route, I'm missing out on so many cool Pokemon. (when I play a Pokemon game, I really do try to catch them all. My team is in constant rotation)

I did a Nuzlocke for Y. I made a stipulation. To catch as many Pokemon as I felt like, but only use the ones I caught first, and if they faint, they're gone, can't sub in the ones I caught 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Honestly I felt it really made the game for me, I used Pokemon I never thought I'd be using and quickly came to love a lot of them.

My other guess would be Platinum then. It can be brutal, but it can also be a lot of fun, especially if you want to randomize it.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77KB, 384x313px
>>28087314

Honestly, my heart keeps drifting to Crystal. As flawed as Johto is and as outdated as it may be, I'm feeling kind of drawn to the charming old sprites and music. I'm looking for a comfy Nuzlocke experience. Will the day/night cycle still run on an emulator?
>>
>>28087405
For the old ones? It should, it runs on all the new ones, don't see why it wouldn't for the original Gen 2.

Also go where your heart leads you anon, and I wish you the best of luck on your nuzlocke.
>>
>>28086970
The FUCKING catch was that Roarks Lileep got the Ancientpower stat boost the very first time it used it, THEN got it a second time on the third use.
RIP squad. I knew you for a short time, but had grown quite attached so far as nuzlocke team member attachments go.
Fucking hell.
>>
File: ash groovy.gif (2MB, 356x196px) Image search: [Google]
ash groovy.gif
2MB, 356x196px
>>28087445

I'm going with Crystal. My only regret is that Houndour isn't available until Kanto, which sucks because the pup's probably my favorite from the whole gen.

shit, it wouldn't be cheating to use a randomizer to replace Cyndaquil at the start with Houndour, would it?
>>
>>28087458
Fuck NPC bullshit luck, I'm sorry for your loss Anon. You gonna start up a new run, or give it some time? Or did you have some boxed mons in reserve?
>>
>>28087497
Nope, I use randomizers, granted I just let whatever happens with the starters happen, but its fine if you want to start with a Houndour.

I probably plan to do White next as 'Alain' with a Charmander.
>>
>>28087519
I'm probably going to do a randomized HG nuzlocke.
They're always quite comfy, what with the following pokemon thing.
>>
>Aides in FRO only count the Kanto Pokémon you've seen
:')
>>
Thinking about starting a Johto-based Locke. Anyone know a solid ds emulator that'll work on mobile?
>>
What randomizer settings are good for an actually decent nuzlocke run that isn't too much guesswork, but still provides fun stuff here and there?
>>
>>28087918
I usually just randomize the starters and the wild pokemon (no legendaries, around same level) and leave it at that. Randomizing the trainers and gyms and stuff becomes way too much of a hassle and can auto end it due to Dragon Rage or Sonic Boom.

Sometimes I'll change up the rival's team, but wild pokemon/starters are usually good enough.
>>
I just entered an area that has only Pokémon I've caught before. What do I do?

I'm pretty desperate for a Grass type, how awful would it be if I took one of the gift starter mons instead of a mon on this route since I already have them all?
>>
>>28088020
You can fish, headbutt/honey, or get some type of egg in that area. Its not limited to grass. I'll sometimes fish in towns if I can just to grab an extra Pokemon if that town doesn't have say Eevee or something.
>>
>>28088050
It's Kanto, no headbutt/honey. I literally have all the mons from the route. The grass is Spearow/Pidgey/Taillow/Fearow/Swellow, and the water is Horsea/Magikarp/Shellder and nothing else.
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but anyone want to help me out with a Scramble challenge?

I was going to do it with Kalos, since it has a lot of Mons I haven't used before. Only real stipulation I'd have is wanting something with access to surf.
>>
>>28088082
Then catch a duplicate or skip the route. Dupes clause has its negatives, too.
>>
It begins! Thanks for the fire dog, Professor Elm. Might make those one of those template things after establishing myself a bit.

>>28087833
DraStic costs money, but is fucking impeccable. Very highly recommended.
>>
>>28088082
No guys around for trading I assume? Well shit, I guess its either skip that route or do the gift thing.
>>
>>28088102
The free version is good? What's the positives of buying the paid version?
>>
>>28087540
Actually fuck it. I'll just go for BS Plat again. I don't like losing like that.

1,2,3 - Turtwig
4,5,6 - Chimchar
7,8,9 - Piplup
0 - Go to sleep
Dubs+ - First reply decides.
>>
>>28088180
Turtwig tho
>>
>>28088117
Free version IIRC is a thirty-minute demo; it locks you out after a set time.

Also, I'd forgotten how fucking great the Leer animation in Gen II is. It's like straight-up Kryptonian laser beams.
>>
>>28088180
Well anon, maybe tomorrow.
>>
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
>>
File: 1472082272984.jpg (9KB, 330x190px) Image search: [Google]
1472082272984.jpg
9KB, 330x190px
>>28088180
Bedtime; Engaged. I've never been happier to actually land on SECRET OPTION D.

>>28088197
Sure, I'll pick Turtwig when I'm up.

>>28088203
That's the spirit.
>>
Now, the real question is where do I grind for my final battle against Giovanni in Viridian...
>>
>>28088279
Viridian Forest or Cinnabar Mansion
>>
File: 20160827_011327.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_011327.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Kiyo, Level 17-58
Huff, Level 5 -57
Tina, Level 25-57
Picossa, Level 6-56
Slash, Level 9 9-60

So do I just fucking kill myself now?
>>
>>28088469
And give up? Spit in the face of the dreams of your pokemon?

Rebuild anon
>>
>>28088469
I hope you have some PC mons to use.
>>
>>28084980
you should be able to log into the Chatango chat that's embedded next to the video
>>
File: 20160827_013026.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_013026.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>28088503
>>28088558
>don't give up
They sacrificed themselves for the 8th gym badge.

Training back up is a very unattractive option.

Pic related is what's in my box. I honestly think I'd be better off just turning this into a normie run and moving on to Emerald.
>>
>>28088605
If you give up, your sully their sacrifice. Would your bros want you to buckle under the pressure, or rise above it with their fellow mons/friends?

Go for the gold anon until there is nothing left, Giovanni can be defeated. GO NOW, BURN BRIGHT DAMMIT!
>>
>>28086646
>citra

your machine can actually run that fast enough?
>>
>VW2 Nuzlocke
>Babysit Lv2 Wurmple to Cascoon
>First trainer battle, gets crit twice in a row setting up Iron Defense
>>
>>28088619
I did beat Giovanni, that's why QT3.14 is still alive. I'd literally be training to take on the E4 from scratch. I'm going to normie run to the end and start a rando Emerald, I'm pretty done with FRO
>>
File: I'm about to slap a bitch.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
I'm about to slap a bitch.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
>>28088662
>>
>>28088662
>>28088619
Fuck this shit, I'm glad I went for it. Gary fights you in the same spot he fights you at the beginning of the game. My team would have been wiped again because I would have wanted to train on Victory Road.

His team?
Crobat 56
Houndoom 58
Electabuzz 61
Walrein 58
Sceptile 59
Gardevoir 59
>>
Alright you primitive screwheads, here we go. No effective attacks, no problem, Ember's the best move no matter what.

Also, post ending in 6 names the rival.
>>
File: LeafGreenPreVermillionUpdate.jpg (590KB, 874x434px) Image search: [Google]
LeafGreenPreVermillionUpdate.jpg
590KB, 874x434px
Oh my, I actually made what I think to be a decent template.

Anyways, this is my current Party situation. I just got off of Route 6 (I didn't catch anything there because I have each of those Pokémon already, so I'd rather come back if one of them dies), and I'm headed for the S.S. Anne. I know that Diglett Cave can net me a Diglett to help out against Lt. Surge, and I'd most likely move Cheesecake back into the PC for that spot, but when should I catch it? Before the S.S. Anne? After? My bet's on before, so I can level it up on the ship. Then after I get off, go right to Route 11 to battle those Trainers, and net a new Pokémon.
>>
File: kanye used rapid spin.gif (150KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
kanye used rapid spin.gif
150KB, 500x400px
>>28088805
Rolling for Kanye.
>>
>>28088805
But Ashley likes 8s.
>>
>>28088805

???
>>
>>28088889
So close...
>>
>>28088904

Seconding this
>>
File: yami_yugi___five_by_kingofgets.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yami_yugi___five_by_kingofgets.png
99KB, 500x500px
>>28088925
I don't even care anymore.
>>
Ya'll took too long. I went with ???, sorry folks.

Got a Hoothoot on the first route and now this fucking guy pops out at me right by Mr. Pokemon's house. Didn't even know they could be there. And I love Poliwrath, too, so this is my lucky day.
>>
>>28088852
Rollin' for the old standby: Dicks
>>
>>28088621
I could stream just how fast OR runs for me.

But the citra in the filename is just a meme. I don't even have citra downloaded
>>
>>28088971
I believe you meant to reply to >>28088805, not me.
>>
File: brian.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
brian.gif
2MB, 360x360px
Starting a new nuzlocke of Eccentric Emerald, rolling for starter.

1-3 Treecko
4-6 Torchic
7-9 Mudkip
0 my choice.
>>
>>28089393
Alright
>>
>>28089393
But how about you drop that starter for a Ralts?
>>
File: 1.png (31KB, 474x315px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
31KB, 474x315px
>>28089393
First two pokes caught.
>>
File: 1418996871202.png (286KB, 552x530px) Image search: [Google]
1418996871202.png
286KB, 552x530px
Is there some bullshit I don't know about with HGSS? Tackle missing constantly for me while the opponent gets away with 3 crit embers in a row. My journey is over before it even began and I'm mad as fuck because now I have to deal with the cunts Fuckner and Bugshit again and grind against level 5 cunts. I CAN'T WAKE UP.
>>
>Plusle and Minun trainers on Route 103/110 give almost 500 exp per Pikaclone
>Shedinja is immune to literally everything they can do and oneshots them with Shadow Claw

I think I found my new grinding spot.
>>
>>28089393
Roll
>>
File: nuzlocke02.jpg (164KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke02.jpg
164KB, 800x457px
Filled up my party pretty quick with some cool mons. Very excited for this Nuzlocke. But I've tasted failure before. This will be a difficult journey, but I'll do my best.

Violet City's a good stopping point, see you fuckleheads tomorrow.
>>
Is anyone using a GBA emulator for iOS, the only one I found was GBA4iOS is it any good?
>>
>>28089536
I admire the dedication to the artstyle.
>>
>>28089516
>Shedinja in a Nuzlocke

I've never thought about this before, but in a Nuzlocke, do you get to keep both Ninjask and Shedinja, or do you have to choose just one? Or does Shedinja count as a "found" Pokemon on whichever route the Nincada evolves on and can only be kept if it's the first?

>>28089536
Your team is extremely spherical. godspeed.
>>
>>28086462
Use the egg. Do it
>>
>>28089536
>Hoothoot standing on top of Poliwag
>Poliwag looking up at it

alright that's pretty good
>>
I haven't really been posting, but I've been doing a run on a Fire Red hack that has the special/physical split. I've just finished grinding for the Elite 4 (all at 55).

My Team:

Daff the Venusaur
Superbad the Gyarados
Elvis the Nidoking
Moxy the Jolteon
Ruufus the Arcanine
Gaben the Cloyster
>>
>>28089574
GBA4iOS is the only GBA Emulator for iOS that I know of, and it works really well. IIRC, you can't get it like before (date trick and all) because of Apple always being butthurt about Emulators on their products. You can, however, pay $9.99 for a "one year membership" to use it, and other iOS tools.
>>
>>28089651
thanks
>>
>>28088805
Negro
>>
File: 4e962acc680ace7298c6c6f9899fd010.png (375KB, 1726x1756px) Image search: [Google]
4e962acc680ace7298c6c6f9899fd010.png
375KB, 1726x1756px
>>28089403
Gotta get some ralts up in here
>>
File: fug.jpg (49KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
49KB, 405x720px
What are the odds of this happening?
>>
>>28089610
I'm not sure how I'll handle it. Maybe I'll consider it like a form difference, where I can swap out between Ninjask and Shedinja at the PC, and if either die then both are dead.

Or just be lazy and keep both of them as separate mons.
>>
>>28089800
Less than shiny
Fun fact: when I was semi-nuzlocking Y, my first pokemon, a scatterbug, had pokerus.

I think it's like 1/16,000ish

Also
I'm thinking to enjoy pokemon more, but without nuzlocking, im just going to play with the battle type on 'set', turn exp share off, and never use revives in battle. Nuzlocke is just 2hard4me
>>
File: tumblr_moo72qrvhW1rl66y8o1_500.png (98KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moo72qrvhW1rl66y8o1_500.png
98KB, 500x280px
>>28089891
>Nuzlocke is just 2hard4me
Imagine how hard it is on your Pokemon. You should release them!
>>
>catch a misdreavus
>fucking adamant
goddamn it
>>
>>28088805
Sally
>>
>>28088805
Chad
>>
File: LuckFarry.png (23KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
LuckFarry.png
23KB, 480x320px
Fuck Larry, dude. I'm lucky that no one died, but holy shit!

Charmeleon was a pain, primarily because nearly every Ember burned a member of the Party, including Tiramisu (I caught a Diglett and took him on the S.S. Anne). I wanted to use him to Dig Charmeleon to oblivion, but since Burn halves Attack, I don't think it would've done it even with the STAB.

That was my only gripe with the battle; every other matchup went perfectly, including the Kadabra ditto. I taught CinnamnRll Thief to be able to take Larry's Kadabra on, and it worked like a charm.

I'll be sure to update the template post Vermillion Gym. Till then; keep on spinning.
>>
File: 2.png (52KB, 474x314px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
52KB, 474x314px
>>28089490
Finished the first gym without any trouble and I'm now on my way to dewford.
>>
Starting a new run. Playing pokemon liquid crystal. Doing the basic Nuzlocke, plus throwing my starter away for the first pokemon. Ought to be a blast, I never really played through pokemon HG or SS, and it's been over a decade since I've last properly played the original GSC, so I'm looking forward to it, even if mGBA doesn't play the game too well.
>>
>>28090176
>throwing my starter away for the first pokemon
You REALLY don't want to do this. Liquid Crystal is brutal and you WILL die.
>>
>>28090184
So I've heard. It's too late now, though, I'm already two pokemon in, a Pidgey and a Geodude. I almost had a near-death experience with a critical hit on my Pidgey, and I think it's only going to be down-hill from here.
>>
>>28090339
Ok... here's a hint. Immediatelt once you get surf go back to your hometown and go straight to the Kanto cave. There's a surprise waiting for you.

If you live long enough...
>>
>>28090366
Checked. Thanks for the advice, anon. I'll keep this thread updated periodically.
>>
File: LeafGreenPostVermillionUpdate.jpg (592KB, 874x434px) Image search: [Google]
LeafGreenPostVermillionUpdate.jpg
592KB, 874x434px
There's not much to be said about Vermillion Gym except for the fact everyone in there just got GROUNDED.

And with that horrible, and overused pun, I shall leave you with a template update. I know from here it's off to Route 9, East from Cerulean City, but Prof. Oak's Aide said someone was waiting for me on Route 2? How do I get back to Route 2 without Flying to Pewter City, or closer? It's been quite a while since I've played this Version, so forgive me if I'm being dense and the answer's just in front of my face.

>>28090051
Lord Peeko should be a big help if it knows Wing Attack. Back when I was running Vanilla Emerald, I had no Flying Types for Dewford Gym, and although I had no casualties, the matches sure would've been a lot easier had I managed to net a Wingull, or a Taillow.

>>28090176
Godspeed, anon.
>>
File: A Memetastic Y Wonderlocke 4.png (183KB, 1012x610px) Image search: [Google]
A Memetastic Y Wonderlocke 4.png
183KB, 1012x610px
Been a while since I updated, pretty glad I've had almost no deaths. The Kadabra died to Grant's Amaura, which was wierd, I was totally expecting Tyrunt to be the killer brat but that's besides the point.
I was able to easily evolve Gengar thanks to having an old and busted 3DS lying around, so that means Big M the Machoke in my AS nuzlocke has evolved as well.
And lastly I'm getting rid of the no exp share rule simply because I don't care. I mean, I could turn it off now, my team has gotten pretty OP, but I don't trust Gardevoir to not die on me while grinding so I guess it stays on.
>>
File: sacredgold_55_13340.png (12KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
sacredgold_55_13340.png
12KB, 256x384px
Ladies and gentlemen may I introduce;

The Champions of Johto in Sacred Gold.

Sadly, the Absol, Venusaur and Electrde perished during the fight with Lance.
>>
>>28086269
>>28086313
MEME MAGIC IS FUCKING REAL
>>28081565
>>
For the battle with Bugsy I'm thinking of setting up some Iron Defense with my Aron. Will this work? Does he have many Pokémon that can counter this?
>>
>>28091014
swords dance scyther with technician STAB wing attack that will sweep your team
>>
>>28091034
That won't really fuck up Aron all that badly with a 4x resist, Iron Defense and high base Defense. I'm more concerned if he has something like a Heracross or a Masquerain that can fuck me over bad.
>>
>>28091062
He has a Heracross.
>>
File: 16.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
8KB, 256x384px
Well /vp/, am I ready for Bugsy?
Scyther can be dealt with by a Thunder Wave from Magnus + Rock Tomb/Thundershock/Air Cutter etc.

Most other things can be countered by just SE attacks
>>
File: 17.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
10KB, 256x384px
This just in: Supersonic + Thunder Wave > Swords Dance
>>
File: 18.png (8KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
8KB, 256x384px
That didn't go as well as I expected.

Crit Vital Throw from Pinsir killed Carter when Ember wasn't enough to kill.
I thought I could kill Beedrill with Espeon to get some easy XP but it lived on 1 HP and got a crit U-Turn

That shit's all my fault, feels fucking bad man.
>>
File: 19.png (7KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
7KB, 256x384px
>>28091229
...aaaaand another one bites the dust. Tried switch training against my rival, got critted by Quilava.
>>
File: paper clip2.png (94KB, 324x323px) Image search: [Google]
paper clip2.png
94KB, 324x323px
I'm trying my hand on a randomized playthrough of HG rolling for starter.

1-3 Pichu
4-6 Budew
7-9 Abra
0 Re-roll

Give me some name suggestions.
>>
>>28091483
Alolan
>>
>>28091483
Patuto
>>
Where do you guys put together your nuzlocke pics like these, got the images and everything
>>28090574
>>28089536
>>
>>28091656
A photo editor program like, Pain or Photoshop.
>>
File: 1.png (51KB, 507x380px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
51KB, 507x380px
>>28091483
Made it to Violet city without any issues; this is my current team.
>>
File: gym 3.jpg (167KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
gym 3.jpg
167KB, 1552x1015px
Beat third gym of BlazeBlack. Fuck this is hard ... I'm losing pokemon faster then I can deal with it.
>>
File: HG1.jpg (206KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG1.jpg
206KB, 2000x1500px
Alright starting my first randomlocke
>>
>>28091821
gl
>>
File: throh.png (122KB, 588x500px) Image search: [Google]
throh.png
122KB, 588x500px
So what random pokemons on an enemy trainer's team do you dread the most?

For me its these things, they show up early to mid game and they're so bulky that they'll almost never be one shot even with a super effective hit. And if you don't have a SE attack then they're going to almost always grind you down before you grind them, unless you're over leveled.

That one in Twist Mountain with one of the Battle Girls kills at least one, usually more of my pokemon every time I nuzlocke, because I always forget about it until the battle starts.

RIP in peace Skypuncher the Sawk
>>
>>28091703
Done with the first gym, Slugger was the MVP against the sprout tower (grass types) and the gym(ice types).
I captured a Kirlia and named it Twirl, I also chucked Dit n' dat and Patuto into the box for now.
>>
File: 2.png (50KB, 501x377px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
50KB, 501x377px
>>28092015
Forgot pic
>>
>>28087193

Shit senpai, RIP Vainglory
>>
File: HG2.jpg (288KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG2.jpg
288KB, 2000x1500px
>>28091821
Stanley's water absorb is saving my ass. Got lucky and caught all these guys 1 ball ea
>>
File: SacredGoldNuzlocke8.jpg (1MB, 1620x798px) Image search: [Google]
SacredGoldNuzlocke8.jpg
1MB, 1620x798px
caught charles the quagsire
caught aaron the magnemtie
caught lewd the tangela
Xana OHKO'd all of Jasmine
finally got Joe into a togekiss
switching up pual for lewd since tangrowth seems better than venasaur
>>
>>28092009
Wobbuffet is a total bitch. Makes me mad whenever I see it. I can't remember actually dying to it but you always have to be on high alert.
>>
File: 1471658517531.gif (1MB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
1471658517531.gif
1MB, 480x351px
>>28092009
It's definitely Throh for me too.
In X/Y, that one Battle girl in Reflection Cave with the Hawlucha and Throh scares the everloving fuck out of me. I was able to avoid her this run so I can't remember her Throh's moveset, but I think it was a nonstop Seismic Toss/Bulldozer party.

Also Voltorb/Electrode makes me tense up when I see it, but by the time I actually encounter one of them, my party is primarily comprised of tanks who can take self destructs to the face, so I just get worked up for nothing.
>>
>>28092250
I actually just ran into her on a run with some self imposed challenges that wasn't a nuzlocke. If it was a nuzlocke it would have been a total wipe.

It did indeed spam Bulldoze a lot, not sure what else it has as my group was either all weak to Ground or immune to Fighting, but that was enough.
>>
>>28092154
Its a strange day when youngster Joey has a Raikou
>>
File: 1468157169675.png (1MB, 1193x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1468157169675.png
1MB, 1193x1189px
>>28086269
>>
File: Platinum_022.png (13KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_022.png
13KB, 256x384px
Should I?
>>
>Blazeblack2
>Roxie's first pokemon opens with normal gem boosted explosion

Okay.
>>
File: game.png (8KB, 408x302px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
8KB, 408x302px
>>28092407
ew no
>>
File: Platinum_023.png (11KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_023.png
11KB, 256x384px
Damnt
>>
>>28092413
BlazeBlack2 is bullshit. Expect to lose at least one per gym - good luck.
>>
File: HG3.jpg (350KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG3.jpg
350KB, 2000x1500px
>>28092154
Just got crazy lucky with this catch, thought he'd wipe my team
>>
>>28092527
>using legendaries
>>
>>28092570
>Not using legendaries when they're legal
It's not like it's against the rules.
Nuzlocke himself is using a Victini in his current run.
>>
>>28092581
>"""""current""""" run
>>
File: Mandomcolor.png (1MB, 604x780px) Image search: [Google]
Mandomcolor.png
1MB, 604x780px
>>28092413
Drayano hacks really need to escalate, dealing with bullshit like that and 6 mons - correct me on this - from early on demands way too much grind and makes it unfun instead of challenging
desu I played through most of BB/BB2 like I had Mandom, shame me all you want
>>
>>28092641
>"""""current"""""
What did he mean by this?

No seriously the creator of the ruleset used a Victini which itself has a higher BST than Regirock. He made the ruleset. You can cry about it all you want but his word is final.
>>
>>28092677
I didn't say anything against the ruleset
just mocking how fucking slow he is
>>
Is it just me or are trainer pokemon in early HGSS crazy underlevelled. Im coming across lvl 2/3s when im 8/9
>>
File: bbupdate.png (99KB, 1350x800px) Image search: [Google]
bbupdate.png
99KB, 1350x800px
Turns out Cilan IS Monograss in this game but he does have a full team of 6. Luckily, Butterfree 6-0'd him with relative ease. I should've just spammed Air Cutter but I got kind of greedy and let Butterfree get Sleep Powder'd because I was scared of 95% accuracy. As usual, playing "safe" is basically a choke. Go for those low accuracy moves, folks! 95% isn't even low! (On the other hand, the chance of getting crit twice in a row is pretty low too... I know that's not how probability works but still.)

Cheren nearly dismantled me because he had two guys that completely destroy my two guys - Roggenrola and Acrobatics Simipour. Luckily he's a dumbass and has no rock moves on Roggenrola(?) and didn't finish off Butterfree with a second Acrobatics. These kids are way too nice for me.

I'm rewarded for my skill with our newest teammate, Gummo the Shellos! Patches up a couple weaknesses quite nicely.

>>28092413
really glad i'm playing 1 which i'd imagine is easier
>>
>>28092740
Johto is very under leveled you'll be around 40 at victory road
>>
What's up guys, I lurk /nzg/ pretty often. Just wanted to suggest 2 hacks to run nuz's on that are extremely different to the point of being almost their own game. The first is the fire red hack with digimon as the sprites, with new moves and evolutions. Not that deep into it yet but it's so refreshing that I can't help but want to play more. The second is the dragon ball z training hack. Pokemon are switched for "fighters" and you literally choose from goku gohan and vegeta to start. Again, so different and fresh.

Just a suggestion. Looking forward to nuz progress on these if anyone tried it.
>>
Is there a way to randomize nds cart games?

I have an extra ss that I'd like to run
>>
File: HG4.jpg (373KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG4.jpg
373KB, 2000x1500px
>>28092527
RIP Schultz
>>
File: 4 After Castelia Gym.jpg (396KB, 1200x844px) Image search: [Google]
4 After Castelia Gym.jpg
396KB, 1200x844px
Update for right after the Castelia Gym. Things are going pretty well. Everyone is becoming disgusting in their own way. Skyking has Super Luck, holds a Scope Lens, and is Adamant. Eviolite on Herdier, Miracle Seed on Grandma, and Charcoal on Teacup. Gonna go take care of some rival battles and move on. Probably gonna start updating with major deaths/additions, since it's pretty spread out between gyms.
>>
>>28092786
Good luck. You should be able to get a good encounter in Wellspring Cave. If I were you I'd use Repels and try to get a Drilbur from the dust whirls.
>>
File: iRiL-PkmnB2__452.png (4KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
iRiL-PkmnB2__452.png
4KB, 256x384px
4th team member for MonoLocke get.
Name this Kilnk, /nuzgen/
>>
>>28093294
The Grind
>>
File: bbupdate.png (110KB, 1350x800px) Image search: [Google]
bbupdate.png
110KB, 1350x800px
Updated update because I screwed up on the last one.

Voltorb nearly destroyed Shellos with Rollout because I was missing every single Mud Bomb. Also, if Cheren were nuzlocking his Roggenrola and Staravia would be dead right now which would actually be really good.

Turns out Shellos, the one guy I didn't want to have Hidden Power learns it naturally. Pretty sure it's grass, which is at least good for handling other Water-types. I didn't want Zubat.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-27-10-34-22.png (809KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-27-10-34-22.png
809KB, 1440x2560px
>>28086108
Alright just beat rival in underground warehouse and nevada is being surprisingly useful
>>
>>28093382
Sacred Gold? Go to the Goldenrod Magnet Train station with Pikachu in the front. There's a lady there who will give you a Light Ball.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-27-10-37-21.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-27-10-37-21.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>28093382
Of course this would happen
>>
>>28093407
Pikachu is a HM slave and a dead one at that which is why he's so low LVL'd
>>
holy shot blazeblack 2 is awful to nuzlocke

trial and error when there are permanent repercussions is not fun

Was this made before or after Sacredgold/Stormsilver? This feels horrendously unbalanced and broken, like Dray didn't know what he was doing.
>>
File: HG5.jpg (404KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG5.jpg
404KB, 2000x1500px
>>28093017
Did a bit of grinding and caught a few mons. Am i ready for Faulkner, this guy could have anything
>>
>>28093649
Apparently after somehow
>>
>>28093679
Oops marco was caught rt 32
>>
>>28092660
>demands way too much grind
basically yeah - if you play them nuzlocke. They are reasonable if you build a balanced team...

Just beat gym 3's Scyther who can literally two hit my entire party despite being +5 overleveled.
>>
>>28093649
Yeah I'm about to give up on it... the gym leaders have full teams with real coverage and bullshit like Explosion and Double Team.

If I throw in the towel on this one - what is the next best hack? Is StormSilver that good?
>>
File: Hrcj5.png (34KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Hrcj5.png
34KB, 256x192px
is it possible to randomize Blaze Black 2
>>
>>28093805
Yeah
>>
>>28093842
okay, how
>>
Retard here asking for help.
I have DraStic on my phone and am looking for a BW or BW2 randomizer for my first nuzlocke.
As stated above, I'm a retard at finding roms that work and don't give me a virus. Help?
>>
>>28093868
use the universal randomizer and choose the blaze black 2 rom and then randomize like any other rom
>>
File: cool.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>28093789
Storm Silver is great desu, the coverage and challenge is still there but it having way less bullshit plus the pokémon changes makes it the better game to nuzlocke since most shitmon can actually be used
>mfw I had Beedril and Farfetch'd on my team and they were fucking great
>>28093882
Randomize the rom first and then and put in your phone after? Get them from emuparadise or something, no idea for the randomizer
>>
>>28091816
RIP. White out to Colress on Route 4 with no pokemon in box. What a stupid hack.

Time for Storm Silver.
>>
>>28093900
Except trying to save the ROM results in an error
>>
>>28093900
it's the same thing that happens when you try and load StormSilver or SacredGold
>>
>>28093805
You can't randomize hacks, it says in the FAQ
>>
>start a firered random pokemon random ability nuzlocke
>get a shuppet with wonderguard
>game too easy
>>
File: FR nuz.jpg (503KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
FR nuz.jpg
503KB, 1552x1015px
Well Hawkgirl finally evolved, we're on the nugget bridge now
>>
File: Screenshot_79.png (57KB, 550x344px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_79.png
57KB, 550x344px
So I strarted a flawless platinum run and decided to check out some NPC houses.This is just pure gold.
>>
>>28094150
>not disabling early wonderguard
You asked for this
>>
>>28092677

He didn't create shit.

Nuzlocke is named after the comic, nothing else.

If the author suddenly decided you are allowed to catch only three Pokémon in each area, no one would listen to him.

He also accepts gift mons, but really, unless you consider those as your only catch for a particular area, it doesn't make sense either. You could potentially end up with dozens of gift mons depending on what game you are playing (hack-wise).
>>
There's a rule against renaming a Pokemon if I think a better name hours later I caught it?
>>
>>28094277
you people are taking rules too seriously

or am I being rused
>>
Started a X nuzlocke. First down Fletchinder, catching Axew.
Was it a good change?
>>
>>28094277
The only rules are
>Catch the first Pokemon of the area you run into
>Release it if it faints

That's all. Anyone saying otherwise is just an elitist prick.
>>
>>28094326
this
>>
>>28094326
I consider nicknaming to be essential in a nuzlocke
>>
>>28093902
>Randomize the rom first and then and put in your phone after? Get them from emuparadise or something, no idea for the randomizer

Okay, but consider I'm a retard and have no idea how to do this. Appreciate it though
>>
File: Sinking Sapphire 9.png (744KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
Sinking Sapphire 9.png
744KB, 1264x632px
Getting close to the end here. Just Victory Road, the Pokemon League, and the Delta Episode, and I'll consider this shit done. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.
>>
>>28094431
Agreed
>>
Be honest, nuzgen

do you ever call mulligan
>>
>>28094807
Explain
>>
>>28094807
>>28094828
he means like bs/crit clause
>>
>>28094844
If that means keeping a Pokemon that dies to bullshit then no. Seems shitty.
>>
File: 1419294033093.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1419294033093.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>know Roxie will cheese with Normal Gem Explosion
>lead with Magnemite
>he weathers the explosion
>gets wrecked by Fire Gem Incinerate from Koffing

is this a joke
>>
>>28094899
yes
>>
>>28094899
BB2 and VW2 are not for nuzlockes
>>
Gba dont have ligh.
>>
>>28094899
>nuzlocking BB/VW (2)
Good luck. Last time I played Blaze Black, I remember Burgh being a painful double battle. His Scolipede with rock slide. Apparently now it's a single battle.
>>
>intimidate
>glare
>screech x2
Now it feels like if I'm playing SMT with all of that debuffing.
>>
File: Tlv1BUoAAozq4.jpg (67KB, 513x384px) Image search: [Google]
Tlv1BUoAAozq4.jpg
67KB, 513x384px
>>28094899
Managed to get through VW2 Roxie without losing anyone
Luckily Magnitude 9 finished Trubbish before he can explode
>>
>>28095066
Croconaw smirked
>>
so I'm hearing Blazeblack 2 is rough to speedrun. Is Blazeblack 1 any better?
>>
Barring 3DS games
which was the most fun you had in a Nuzlocke?
Hacks included
>>
Just started Blaze Black. How far can I get?
>>
>>28095146

Not speedrun. Yow know what I meant.
>>
File: cofagrigus.jpg (22KB, 377x640px) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus.jpg
22KB, 377x640px
>>28095101
I fucking hated Mot in Nocturne because of infinite turns.
>>
>>28095152
Why are you barring 3ds games
>>
>>28095200
I can't emulate them
>>
Fuck it, nuzgen. I just lost my Yanmega against a Tangela, at Route 210. It was the last trainer, had AncientPower at level 32 and critted.

It's been a tough joruney. Bullshit crits destroyed my mons in the entire run.
>>
File: Platinum_024.png (29KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_024.png
29KB, 256x384px
I've arrived.
Halidepod and Melette haven't and this makes me sad. I was supposed to evolve Melette once I reached Iron Island.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 640x418px
F*CK YOU MAXIE. F*CK YOUR MIGHTYENA
>>
What's your opinion on event/gift pokemon? Do they count as catching a pokemon in that town? What about the fact that gift pokemon are more deterministic?
>>
File: 1345998933382.png (93KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1345998933382.png
93KB, 171x278px
>>28095461
>struggling against a mightyena
>>
>>28095507
I count them personally.
>>
>>28095507
I count them, because you could get a bunch of shit in Goldenrod if you're playing Sacred Gold.
>>
>>28095523
>Half my team is psychic type
>>
>>28095461
Why so many psychic types?
>>
Can you willingly retire a pokemon on your team to free up an empty slot?
>>
>>28095632
yes
>>
>>28095632

I don't see why not, you're free to use anything that you do end up catching under Nuzlocke rules. You don't necessarily have to run with a full team.
>>
File: Platinum_025.png (9KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_025.png
9KB, 256x384px
>Arbor used Earthquake!
>It's super effective!

If you want to waste 2 minutes: http://webm.land/media/4a2u.webm
>>
>>28095597
First encounters
>>
>>28095535
>>28095562
Of course you count them, the question is whether you use them. Especially in Hacks like StormSilver and BlazeBlack where you can pick 4 or 5 starters.
>>
>>28093679
Finally got past Faulkner, managed not to lose anyone after my boi Atlas tanked a hydro pump from his lanturn. Almost lost Stanley to his dragonite with pluck but Ice shard saved me.
>>
>>28095748
Only a starter can replace a dead starter.
>>
File: HG6.jpg (402KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG6.jpg
402KB, 2000x1500px
>>28095770
Shit. Oh fuck just realised my team has pokerus. What are the chances of catching something with it?
>>
FUCKING BUGSY
>>
>>28095748
The only starter you can use is your real starter.
>>
File: Template.jpg (117KB, 1005x795px) Image search: [Google]
Template.jpg
117KB, 1005x795px
Rolling for starter in Platinum
1-2 Chimchar
3-4 Turtwig
5-6 Piplup
7-8 My choice
9-0 Anons choice
>>
I randomised items on my run and found a helix fossil, what are the rules on this?
>>
>>28095826
What's wrong with using starters? Most of them aren't all that good.
>>
>>28095907
Revival city is the encounter area in my opinion
>>
>>28088180
I am awake.
Time for round 2, Turtwig edition.
>>
>>28095826
This is the rule I've been going with due to randomizer. I want to just role with the initial starter I got and not use the others.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x426px
Nicknames?
>>
>>28096030
Dug.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x422px
>>28096037
Dug it is!
>>
>>28096030
Wobble
>>
File: 2.5.png (35KB, 505x469px) Image search: [Google]
2.5.png
35KB, 505x469px
Give me some name suggestions lads.
>>
>>28096089
DickMan
>>
>>28096089
palthurnax
>>
>>28096089
Kevin
>>
>>28096131
DickMan is better. I mean, Dratini and Dragonair look like fucking dicks!
>>
Rolling SacredGold starter - every starter I get from then on will follow the cycle. Can only have one starter in party at a time.

1-3: Grass
4-6: Fire
7-9: Water
0: Box starters and never use.
Dubs: player's choice
>>
>>28096089
Barney
>>
>>28096114
>>28096131
>>28096148

1-3 DickMan
4-6 palthurnax
7-9 Kevin
0 Re-roll
>>
>>28095918
Nothing
>>
File: FR nuz.jpg (518KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
FR nuz.jpg
518KB, 1552x1015px
Oddium has joined the party
>>
>>28096089
Faggot
>>
File: nuzlocke03.jpg (173KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke03.jpg
173KB, 800x457px
I'm back, with an update! It's been a rough night.

I thought that Nuggie could take Falkner down no problem, but I was not, NOT prepared for Mud Slap. Nuggie could tank the damage but the accuracy drops were too much to handle. Determined, I sent out Bubble Baby for relief and to try and Hypnotize the bird, but it woke up the first turn after sleeping and nailed her with a critical Gust. It was a calculated risk, but man, I am bad at math. Nuggie came in and avenged her for the first badge.

Later, I'd just caught Gold Dust in Union Cave and ended up in a match against a Goldeen. This forced me into a terrible quandry: that Goldeen knew Peck, and everything I had that could handle Peck could absolutely not handle a Water-type move. In a desperate attempt to scout its moveset, I tried to weaken it with Gutterpunk, but the Goldeen was stronger than I thought and down, down she went...

I'm glad I have Hoppip, because Water kills half my team, but I'm really going to need a new Water-type of my own soon. I also have a crippling weakness to Rock...fingers crossed for some good roles later on.
>>
File: A Memetastic Y Wonderlocke 5.png (183KB, 1012x610px) Image search: [Google]
A Memetastic Y Wonderlocke 5.png
183KB, 1012x610px
Gardevoir finally saw combat in the ice cave that I forget the name of, he did quite alright. There was a close call with a Battle Girl (why is it always battle girls?) who had a Sawk w/ poison jab, but otherwise it went swimmingly.
Also Swampert needs to chill the fuck out, I'm legitimately intimidated by how well he's performed.
>>
>>28096197
>tfw you're now using me the Dratini

Throw my worthless ass in the box.
>>
File: HG7.jpg (432KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG7.jpg
432KB, 2000x1500px
>>28095804
Some random ass Ninjask killed my starter, he will be missed. Luckily he wasn't the strongest of my team. Managed to catch a clefable with Mega Kick, extreme speed and poison heal so hopefully that will fill the void.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 640x405px
Already caught a mon at Mitage Tower, what do I do with the fossils
>>
Alright, so I'm in Nacrene city.
Would it be wise to try to catch a Fighting-type or something in outer Pinwheel Forest or hold out for a potential catch on the inside after the Gym?

Team is >>28093343 but with slightly higher levels.
>>
>>28096419
nothing
>>
>>28096419
Mirage* I meant
>>
>>28096419
Take one
Bring it to Rustboro
Revive it
You know have a Rustboro City catch
>>
>>28096419
Take one. It would be considered an encounter in rustboro
>>
>>28096445
>>28096466
Ok
>>
>tfw you're trying to figure out what the IVs of your current bros out of curiosity
>tfw I have no idea how any of that shit works and calculators just tell me my Meganium's speed is invalid

I will never understand how that shit works.
>>
>>28096238
I feel like Borb is going to miss BubbleBaby the most...

>>28096420
Inside and outside are highly considered to be separate areas altogether mainly because the Pokémon you can catch are vastly different. Lenora's Watchog is devastating, and you may just want something to stand up to that.
>>
File: trancending dimensions.jpg (441KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
trancending dimensions.jpg
441KB, 800x600px
Everything about my Crystal Nuzlocke was so damn perfect.
>steelbitch kills almost my entire team (my starter and Togetic included) barring my Unown V who barely managed to win with HP Water
>red Gyarados nearly bringing my doom but managing to somehow defeat it with a Weepinbell
>my own Gyarados sweeping gyms and avenging all of her fallen comrades
>fun times with Ditto
>finding an omnipotent eldritch horror in the rocks of Cainwood (Shuckle)
>catching Raikou in an ordinary Pokeball at full health (used as an HM slave later)
>Lance BTFO by Shuckle
>Red BTFO by Shuckle

final team (the one that battled the E4):
Gray the Marowak
Revenge the Gyarados
Virgilia the Xatu
AZATHOTH the Shuckle
Lucifer the Dragonite
Enkidu the Ditto (team mascot)
>>
>>28096502
ev's have already screwed up the values to be incalculable
>>
> Get Happiny on my BS Plat nuz.
> It's holding a Lucky Egg.

WEW.
I'm gonna forbid the use of it outside of grinding new team members, but even still. Wowsers.

Where do I get Oval Stones in this hack?
>>
>>28096677
Ah, I was wondering why. It was like your Meganium is too fast sir, its invalid. I never bothered with that stuff really, its too confusing beyond cheating, and I can't be assed to even do that.
>>
File: dais.gif (539KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
dais.gif
539KB, 500x358px
>redo X for the hell of it
>get to route 5 with Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Burmy, Flabebe, Pansear
>have Flabebe in front trying to catch up his levels
>Vs. Tierno

>First turn Tierno's Corphish sword dances and Fairy Wind does jack shit
>switch to Bulbasaur, Tierno dances again
>outspeed and critical hit murders Bulbasaur
>Fennekin knocks it down to yellow HP then gets fucked up
>rest of the shitmon squad goes down in short order

can I reasonably be expected to go on living after wiping to Tierno?
>>
>>28096510
Borb feels much shorter, definitelty. He doesn't like it.

I actually swapped out Borb for Ratatoing, I figure Rattata/icate will give me more offensive power while losing one of my team's 3 rock weaknesses.
>>
File: Platinum_026.png (9KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_026.png
9KB, 256x384px
This was less worrying than the other two commanders. Why does he even have a level 38 Bronzor?
>>
>>28096718
Also, where do I get a dawn stone?
>>
File: 1372455466229.gif (1MB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
1372455466229.gif
1MB, 300x233px
>Randomized

>Haxorus killed by faggot in Burgh gym
>Heracross killed by Burgh
>Scraggy hands his ass to him easily

>Magmortar
>Muk
>Quagsire
>All of them beaten one by one by a single Marowak
>Scraggy dodges his fucking Bonemerang and Brick Break crits him down to 0

Guys I'm convinced my Scraggy is fueled by sheer revenge.
>>
>>28096841
There's one west of Pastoria
>>
File: TEMPLATE1.jpg (144KB, 1005x795px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPLATE1.jpg
144KB, 1005x795px
Gonna take a break.
Feeling sick.
Also Antenna and Turtor are from same route because Turtor was starter
>>
I ignore deaths caused by Selfdestruct and Explosion.
>>
File: platinum.jpg (994KB, 2000x1270px) Image search: [Google]
platinum.jpg
994KB, 2000x1270px
Finally done with the whole Team Galactic problem, but not without some casualties.

Cyrus' pokemon pulled crits, freezing and burning out the ass.
Tony the Staraptor died to ANOTHER Honchkrow crit.
Gwyn the Magmar died to a crit from Weavile.

F

Anyone got any suggestions as to who should replace them? No one in my team can learn Rock Climb or Fly by the way.
>>
> Keep underestimating how strong my lead is when trying to get my next catch.
I've just Ko'd two potential catches.
Oops.
>>
File: HG8.jpg (449KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG8.jpg
449KB, 2000x1500px
>>28096322
Going into the Slowpoke well now, is there anything I should change? The trapinch would eventually evolve into a spiritomb and my magnemite will evolve into a jumpluff it that helps.
>>
>>28097073

It doesn't exactly sound like the best choice since you already have an ice type and a ground type, but my Mamoswine solo'd Cynthia when it came time. Ponyta, Marrill, and Pichu aren't bad picks either.
>>
File: FR nuz.jpg (532KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
FR nuz.jpg
532KB, 1552x1015px
Blind sacrificed himself for Dugtrio, named it Undertaker
>>
File: platinum.jpg (1MB, 2000x1270px) Image search: [Google]
platinum.jpg
1MB, 2000x1270px
>>28097381
Problem is I need something that can learn Rock Climb for Victory Road later on.

Alright, I know this looks weird, but I think I can make it work.
Wish me luck.
>>
>>28097058
Get out.
>>
>>28097647

I believe in the Yangus
>>
> Catch nothing worse training up to Roark in BS Plat.
> Sweep him with the resulting overleveled Grotle.

That's one way to do I suppose.
>>
File: notapokestop.png (22KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
notapokestop.png
22KB, 219x219px
Watch our bot try to play our oras "BotLocke" on twitch.
It knows barely anything. Everything is random. We have no input.
No emulator too.

/notapokestop
>>
>>28096737
people like to joke about Tierno, but that guy doesn't fuck around. if you sleep on him he'll put you in a fucking coffin
>>
File: 5 After Nimbasa Gym.jpg (418KB, 1198x844px) Image search: [Google]
5 After Nimbasa Gym.jpg
418KB, 1198x844px
Update after beating Elesa, Herdier with Eviolite is extremely strong. Volt Switch did almost nothing. I managed to beat the gym just switching out between Nixon and Teacup.

Looking like the main-stays of my team are coming together. It's getting to the point in game where if something's gonna die, it won't be to a random encounter. We'll see how things go from here. I'm also just having a ton of fun with it, I haven't played a Gen V game in a long time, so I've forgotten so much. I was gonna move on to Y after this, but I may do Black/White 2 before doing a run of Gen 6.
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke 14.png (788KB, 2000x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke 14.png
788KB, 2000x1312px
Just defeated Crasher Wake to the Terminator Theme. Team, boxed, and dead so far.
>>
File: HG9.jpg (386KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
HG9.jpg
386KB, 2000x1500px
>>28097225
It is dark days indeed lads, I did not expect bugsy to have a level 17 Zapdos. Atlas and Stanley, my two biggest hitters, didnt make it but for some reason zapdos would only use Pound on Kota so he made it through. Ferdo managed to take down her qwilfish and Shimla got her flareon. Im lucky I didnt wipe, who should I switch in to fill the gaps?
>>
>>28098670
Send in King to replace Atlas. Not sure about others because I don't know evos.

Also, rolling for Eevee in Sacred Gold.
1 - Vapor
2 - Jolt
3 - Flar
4 - Esp
5 - Umbr
6 - Leaf
7 - Glac
8 - Player's Choice
9 - None
0 - Roll Again
>>
>>28098910
I'll roll for you.
>>
>>28098910
Rerolling
>>
>have nothing that can outspeed morty's gengar

well time to have lots of """"""fun"""""" grinding out another ten levels for everyone
>>
>Nidorina spamming Thunder and Blizzard against my Psyduck
This shit is bananas
>>
FUCK HYPNOSIS

70% CHANCE TO HIT MY ASS
>>
>>28099265
>>28099265
>>28099265
New Bread

Tell me where it hurts
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.