[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the glasses and random fether on the top of the head?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (115KB, 539x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 539x380px
Why the glasses and random fether on the top of the head?
>>
>>28038569
Why anything. Why have anything on the design.
We'll see in the middle evo, it'll bridge the gap
>>
>>28038586
yeah cause dewott did a fine job at doing that
>>
>>28038569
AE AE AEAAEAEAEAE AEA AE AE AEA AESTHEIC'etic'etic'etic...
>>
Owls are always seen as wise, which is my thoughts on the reason he has glasses

Not too sure about the feathers though
>>
File: doc.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
doc.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>28038569
>Why the glasses
I-It's an owl
>>
>>28038569
Glasses-like marks are found on some real life species of owl, and underline the eyes of Rowlet3, which are an essential part of its abilities (archery).
The feather is indeed random, but I guess the hood could feel empty without it
>>
>>28038598
Yeah he did, he set up the darker blue seen on Samurott, established the samurai theme and introduced white whiskers that became Samurott's beard.
>>
>>28038620
but roothoot dont ate the glasses
>>
>>28038569
Because it's a fake.
>>
>>28038569
Because it's over designed af.

>Glasses, bc apparently anything with glasses is a nerd/smart and being a nerd is keel

>Odd shaped feather protrusion growing out of head

>Unnecessary red marking under its wing

>Armpit bowstring, really?

Other then a little bit of green coloring, what even is there to make it appear to be even remotely grass type? Might as well be Flying/Normal. At this rate, Popmaid is looking better and better.

Is this how one trolls?
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1200x906px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1200x906px
>>28038586
>>27999999
>>
>>28038569
>Hes an archer so glasses improve his sight.
>Robin hood had a feather in his hat in some representations of its figure.

Thats the explanation of its design, which i think is excelent.
>>
File: robin.jpg (274KB, 976x1024px) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
274KB, 976x1024px
>>28038710
Proof that robin hood had a feather
>>
>>28038651
On a second thought, Robin Hood is often shown to wear a green hat with a prominent single feather sticking out of it, so there's that too
>>
>>28038729
>>28038722
Beat me to it
>>
>>28038569
Glasses are a symbol of enhance vision and wisdom. The feather is probably an aesthetic of it being a bird / archer, given by the artist
>>
File: hat.png (765KB, 739x769px)
hat.png
765KB, 739x769px
>>28038569
>random feather
my theory is its a combination of how archer stereotypicaly have feathers in their hats and how falon caps look with a little dangly thing on top, it looking less owl like and more like a general bird of prey is done of suppose to suit the cap side of things a little better
>>
>>28038569
>Feather
>>
MFW I just now realized the theme of this gen is going to be
Brains - Rowlet
Brawn - Litten
Beauty - Popplio
>>
>>28038861
Good job Slowpoke.
>>
>glasses
spectacled owls and possibly alchemy motifs
>feather on head
robin hood motherfucker
>>
>>28038777
>wisdom
>owls

Owls are symbols of false wisdom, though.

>tfw will never get a dark type owl
>>
The markings around the eyes not only evoke the wise owl look as already mentioned but help define the different parts of the face, especially when viewing the design from afar.

Since the face, eyelids, and beak share the same color the details of the face would likely blend without the orange markings separating things. Of course this is achievable by other means but wouldn't evoke the wise owl look.
>>
>>28038569
I hope they remove the glasses in the final version.
>>
>>28038569
Because fuck you that's why.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 700x763px)
image.jpg
104KB, 700x763px
>>28038651
Someone gets it!

>>28038696
Using the vines in its bow and having leaf hood is more Grass-type planty bits than Chesnaught and Serperior have at first glance. The markings under the wings appear to be stored arrows, like the shuriken-shaped slashes on Greninja's hips. The whole starters having a gimmick isn't new.

>>28038817
>less owl like
It's very much a Barn Owl except for the face. My best guess for why the face looks so different is that the pale, dark-eyed face of a Barn Owl can be cute like baby Rowlet, but on a full grown Pokemon it might seem blank or unsettling to some. The anime eyes and more expressive face fit the recent trend of starters as partners, even though it's obscured by a ranger, Robin Hood cowl.
>>
>>28038569
They're not glasses, they're just markings that look like glasses to convey sharp vision. Because it's an archer.
The feather is the same thing, Robin Hood wears a feathered cap.
>>
>>28038569
>glasses
Because every starter now needs human traits and ninja, pirate, zombie, lincoln, whatever-other-archetype-character thrown in its design because who knows.

>feather
Because this one in particular got to be robin hood for whatever reason.

>>28039808
>Using the vines in its bow and having leaf hood is more Grass-type planty bits than Chesnaught and Serperior have at first glance.
How exactly is having a bow and a hood grass type? Is it all it takes now to be a grass type, have a fashion accessory and a tool? I been robbed then I want my grass type Farfetch'd.

Remember when huge trees would grow, develop and flower in the back of grass types? Nah let's just have a green bowtie turn into a green hood and call it a day. What this pokemon needs is more robin hood and white pants, and glasses and a cravat.

At least Chesnaught's chestnut is the most important part of its design even if it's shit ultimately. This owl doesn't even want and doesn't need to be half plant.
>serperior
Na serperior is pretty much a green banana snake, it's not the best but it is full grass type.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.