[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing Megas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

>Aerilate: no longer gives a 30% boost.
>Pixilate: no longer gives a 30% boost.
>Parental Bond: the second hit only does 25% of the first hit's damage.
>Tough Claws: now only give the user a 25% boost
>Delta Stream: doesn't get rid of Flying weaknesses
>Primals now count as Megas, you use one you can't have another Primal or Mega
>Aerodactyl can get contact moves
>Audino keeps Regenerator
optional:
>Mawile can have its attack decreased by a little
>Lucario can get a different Ability

What else do you think needs fixing? Hard mode: you can't scrap them.
>>
>>28035462
Gallade gets Dazzling
>>
Mega Camerupt and Mega Glalie need some love, give them Drought and decrease their spattack respectively
>>
>>28035462
-ate abilities aren't broken though.
>>
File: megam.png (473KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
megam.png
473KB, 600x646px
>Mawile can have its attack decreased by a little

YOU GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
>>
>>28035622
They aren't. It's mostly their users. That's why Refrigerate is not on the list. Mega Salamence doesn't need 123 BP STAB Hyper Voice or 162 BP STAB Double Edge. It's nice for Pinsir but 40 BP STAB Quick Attack is already enough. Same goes for the pixies. STAB is already enough for them.
>>
>>28035696
I don't want it either. That's why it's optional. I just heard many people complain about Mega Mawile while I think it's fine. Don't bully.
>>
>>28035462
The -ate abilities aren't really that broken and you can't tamper with Mega Ray's ability cause otherwise it would be just its regular ability. The rest I agree.

Also, Mega Houndoom should gain Intimidate and switch M Sceptile's Atk with its SpAtk.
>>
>>28035462
Delta Stream is fine, I don't get why you fucks want to nerf an obviously purposefully broken Pokemon so much. The -ate abilities don't need nerfing either, only Mega Salamence needs some kind of nerf, maybe giving it a new ability entirely.
>>
>>28035732
Its users get an unneeded power boost that discourages players to go with variety. Everyone who isn't using M Kanga as their Mega uses Salamence because of Hyper Voice and Double Edge.

It would still get rid of the Primal weather conditions. That's more than enough.

I like your suggestions, though.
>>
>>28035462
Mawile replaces Huge Power with Adaptability
>>
>>28035792
So? Nerf Mega Salamence not the ability. Pinsir is alright with it and so are Altaria and Gardevoir.
>>
>Nerf parental bond to 30% on the second hit and remove secondary effects on the second hit
>Mega Salamence's ability is changed to Moxie
>15 points of Mega lucario's speed is moved to SpD
>Rayquazite is added to the game and now required for mega fug
>Primals take up a mega slot
That fixes all the OP megas/primals
>>
>>28035792
Nerfing -ate makes the other users worthless, Salamence is the only problem, and nobody even runs Hyper Voice on it to begin with.
>>
>>28035462
You fucked even more every non mega pokemon with those abilities
>>
>>28035771
OK, we add the Rayquazite and change nothing else, good?
>>28035867
>>28035926
Okay, what ability then?
>>
>Wanting to change Mega Ray at all
Fug off
>>
>>28035941
every non-mega Pokemon affected negatively by my changes
>Barbaracle
>Sylveon
>>
>>28035948
Give it back Moxie or Intimidate.
>>
>>28035486
This

Now it isn't Medicham 2.0
>>
>>28035981
Let me tell you a secret I use barbaracle
>>
>>28036016
it's gonna stay low-tier no matter what
especially when it's only 8% for that Razor Shell
>>
>>28035948
>we add the Rayquazite and change nothing else, good?
Is this another stealth "give me ideas for my shitty hackrom" thread?
>>
One more thing.
>Parental Bond: The second hit does not activate secondary effects
>>
I don't understand /vp/. You complain about megas all the time. Yet you don't want to change anything about Mega Fug, you say the -ate abilities are completely fine. You hate the concept but how dare anyone balance them. The only thing people are agreeing on is Mega Mom.
>>
>>28035462
>>Tough Claws: now only give the user a 25% boost
Barbaracle suffers enough and M-Aerodactyl is UU, fuck off.
Just nerf Metagross and Charizard's stats.
>>
>>28036157
>/vp/ is one person
Yeah..no

There is nothing wrong with most megas
>>
-ate abilities are fine. The only real cancer is Salameme
Don't nerf Parental Bond's Power. Instead, Baby Kang retreats at <50% HP, and the ability loses its effects. Restoring HP does not restore the effect.
Tough Claws doesn't need a nerf.
Delta Stream doesn't need a nerf, Fug should just require a Mega Stone.
I agree, Primals are a dumb idea.
I agree, Aero isn't bad, but only having Aerial Ace is stupid.
While Regenerator is good for singles, M-Audino is clearly meant for Doubles. Instead, buff Healer to 100% effectiveness, or give it Friend Guard.
>>
>>28036243
It doesn't change anything for Barbaracle. Aerodactyl can do better and you can only relocate stats on those megas.
>>
> implying Tough Claws megas are broken at all

This is all that needs to be done:

> Parental Bond: Doesn't trigger secondary effects
> Primals are Megas
> M-Mawile gets non-OP ability or attack reduced whatever
> M-Blaziken gets non-OP ability
> Adaptability does 1.75x damage
> Aero gets contact moves
> Mega Launcher works on Pump, Cannon, etc. moves
>>
>>28036413
>> M-Mawile gets non-OP ability or attack reduced whatever
People who think M-Mawile is OP are bad at Pokemon.
M-Mawile is one of the most predictable Pokemon you could ever come across, and it's not like you can't counter it.
>>
>>28035486
>dazzling is vivid body
>one of the most garish fish in the game has it
>wants to give it to an all white knight

were you dropped on your head as a baby?

>>28035815
>adaptability base 105 attack

are you retarded? beedrill has 150 attack and 145 speed it's still shit even with adaptability. you'd turn mawile into a shit mega doing that.
>>
>>28036499
I hate when people don't check Japanese names. Frisk is Unobstructed Sight in Japanese, that's why Mega Exeggutor has it.
>>
>>28036592
you mean Alolan
>>
>>28035462
>Mega Stones removed
>Mawile now evolves with Dawn Stone
idgaf about the rest
>>
>>28035462

Remove megas
>>
>>28036413
If M-Blaziken didn't have speed boost people would just protect for a turn with regular HA speed boost blaziken and get the benefit of both abilities anyway.
>>
>>28036499
>vivid can't be white
>>
>>28036264
I like the Mega Mom change, good judgement
>>
>>28035698
Salamence is the only broken user of -ate abilities. Mega Voir and Mega Pinsir are the second most powerful -ate ability users and they are far from being OP, infact they would probably turns to shit without the 30% boost. Gardevoir is easy to outspeed and is physically frail, Pinsir's speed isn't that much higher and it has 4x weakness to rocks.
>>
>>28038727
>rocks
>VGC
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.