[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone think Z-Moves are worst than megas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Z.jpg (24KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
24KB, 263x192px
Anyone think Z-Moves are worst than megas
>>
It was a lot cooler of a concept to have a Pokemon with a close bond achieve this kickass form, at least on paper.

I think that Z-moves are looking to be one of the most bland, overcomplicating features in the games thus far. It's like with the TCG introducing X, EX, Legend, BREAK, GX, etc.

It gets too convoluted with shit like Z-moves, and I don't see it being an extra level of "depth" to the metagame either.
>>
>>28034896
Both are kakkoi
>>
Both are shit, but at least you're limited to just one use with Z moves.
>>
>>28034896

No.
>>
I liked Megas. At least in concept, everyone having this one super cool ace Pokemon on their team is something I liked. They were just too poorly executed.

Z moves are just dumb. Give up your item slot to use a super strong move that can be used once per battle? That's just dumb. Nobody in their right mind would give up an item for a slightly stronger Thunder that can only be used once and easily predicted against. It's a stupid concept right from the get go.
>>
>>28035238
what if these moves don't bypass moves like protect, detect etc.
>>
File: z moves.gif (3MB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
z moves.gif
3MB, 400x204px
>>28034896
>>
>>28035238
I really hope Z-moves can't bypass Protect, but they still have to play through the whole animation of the Z-move before saying "but [Pokemon] protected itself!"
>>
>>28034896
they're both shounen-tier anime tropes
>>
>>28034896
Mega evolutions and Z moves are both lame.
>>
>>28034896
You have no idea how they'll operate.
Stop this shit.
>>
>>28034972
on point
>>
At the very least, Z and megas should have flipped gens. One is a letter named mechanic in a generation that has rainbows everywhere, and the other is a mechanic that is represented by a rainbow dna symbol in a generation named by the two letters preceding Z. Some of my autism is showing here, but this shit annoys me. Not to mention Z-Moves are evolving a move and Megas are going beyond evolution, and that sounds like a more natural progression. But what the fuck do I know.
>>
Just the fact that it can be used only once per battle makes me dislike it at least with megas i can keep my mega for the ebtire battle if i wish not to mention Z moves are not a guarantee K.O. pretty sure in the last demo of SuMo the normal type Z move only lowered Rowlett HP below half which is cool but doesbt seem that useful when there are other reg attacks that can do the same.
>>
Megas > z moves

I wanted to see more megas plus alola forms
>>
>>28034972
>2complicate4me
>literally gen 5 gems
>>
>>28035238
>>28035402
I was hoping that there would be different types of Z-moves, like
>Offensive
>Defensive
>Misc
So instead of just having the option of "super strong Grass attack", there would also be a Grass Z-move that was Spore+Leech Seed on all opponents or something, or Synthesis+Aromatherapy+Cotton Spore. Theres other strategies than "hit hard and fast".

I love Rock mons, but "lugging a rock at the foe" is the crux of most of their offensive moves; I don't want a super version of that. I'd rather a huge defensive boost as my one-off move.
>>
File: image.png (938KB, 2050x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
938KB, 2050x502px
>>28034896
I think that since mega evolution was introduced in generation 6, we adapted to that. It then carried on into OrAs where we got some fan-favorite mega Evos

Prior to gen 7 getting announced, fans had ideas of how non-mega Pokemon evolved.

We were well adjusted and were able to predict when someone will mega evolve.

Now we have this whole new feature along with new alolan Pokemon. It's going to be a very weird adjustment for a majority of us.

When watching the German stream the other day, I saw pikachu charge or some shit and thought it was really dumb... Is every Pokemon now able to do this critical strike BS as soon as it's sent out?

The idea of Megas getting BTFO and having this special move thrown in sucks! I hate it

I doubt I'll even use these moves in game, unless I'm forced. It seems like a cheap way to get every mon to be viable.
>>
>>28037145
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
The concept itself is fine and dandy, whatever, but doing it right after Megas is just putting them in a rut where every new generation will need some new Limit Break type of mechanic. They should've waited a generation or two.

Also being single use sounds pretty pointless unless they have all these retardedly broken rules behind them.
>>
>>28037145
this is the first game I will pick a grass type as a starter, except for oras which I use treecko in.
the other two are just so damn ugly.
that is if I actually would have bought this game, but it looks like shit so I'll probably skip it and play buy a new copy of pokémon red, since mine is broken.
>>
Im not sure if worse than megas. But up to now i don't like the idea.
>>
File: 1471657059036.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471657059036.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>Z- Moves
>not alternate, more flashy animations of established moves when they hit for "critical" damage

Fucking Gamefreak...
>>
>>28037198
other than him falling for the mega btfo meme he's pretty much hitting the nail on the head
>>
>>28035358
>なるほど........ This is...the power of Johtoddlers...すご い.......
>>
>>28037198
Thanks
>>
>>28037198
Thanks
>>28037344
I might choose Litten. First ever fire starter. I love popplio though
>>
Z-moves are literally the type gems from gen 5 you idiots
>>
File: 1470283355002.png (146KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1470283355002.png
146KB, 500x495px
>>28034896
>>
>>28034896
Nah megas made 100 base speed slow and increased the powercreep.

Z-moves are gonna be helpful in some pokemon types that need more strong stabs like electric , ghost and bug
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.