[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I were to go through the series and re-calculate the data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 1472021049566.jpg (803KB, 1252x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1472021049566.jpg
803KB, 1252x1920px
If I were to go through the series and re-calculate the data for this chart to update it, what type of battles should I count?

Gym?
Frontier Brains?
Contests?
League?
Rivals?

As long as you bastards don't make me count how many times Ash has made Team Rocket blast off, this should be doable.
>>
>>28034652
Also, do dual KO's count as a win, loss, or draw?
How about if a pokemon is withdrawn from battle w/out a KO?
>>
For what purpose? This says nothing about the abilities of any pokemon.
>>
>>28034731
To figure out which of Ash's pokemon is the biggest jobber
>>
I think battle count per pokemon should be included
>>
>>28034768
And nothing about what happened since this was made changes that matter from what is shown. The end.
>>
>>28034652
Every battle where at least one Pokemon fainted (has the swirly eyes).
>>28034667
Win and loss.
If it didn't KO anything then it gets nothing.
>>28034788
Would be helpful.
>>
>>28034788
For sure, I have to find that # to get the percentage anyways
>>
>>28034788
How? What way can we make more battles weigh more than a small amount of battles?
>>
>>28034834
What? He said battle count. That can easily be showcased. Total and win/loss, maybe drawn if OP decides it should count as different.
>>
>>28034652
Gym: should count
Frontier Brains: should count
Contests: only if a Pokemon fainted or knocked out something
League: of course
Rivals: yes
>>
>>28034652
Official Battles only would be a bit restrictive, but Gyms, Frontier and Leagues have to be included. I'd say that we should count Rivals(or recurring characters) but no random trainers or Team Rocket
>>
>>28034891
If they have a fair battle against a Pokemon and win or lose, it should be counted. For example, if Jessie's Seviper were to knock out Turtwig in a fair match, that should be counted. If they gang up on him or use tools, it should not.
>>
Battles vs Legendary Pokemon, yes or no?
>>
>>28034944
fuck that, this show has hundreds of episodes. My autism has limits
>>
>>28035013
sorry I want accurate statistics
Anyways, you don't need to do it alone, nor you need to watch the episodes. There are tons of sites with Pokemon episode galleries. You can do a complete generation in 2 hours.
>>
>>28035045
Accuracy of what, irrelevant filler battles where Ash almost always wins? That would heavily favor Pokemon with heavy screen time over those that pulled through/choked when it really mattered.
>>
>>28034652
>100%
>>
>>28035820
Well, it would good to know about them since the bigger jobber will be the one who won the most irrelevant battles and lost the most important ones.
>>
>Gym?
Yes
>Frontier Brains?
Yes
>Contests?
No, Ash was never really interested in them
>League?
Yes
>Rivals?
No, think of it as a friendly match

Personally think you should add draws too but it's up to you since you're making it.
>>
>>28034995
no
>>
>>28035912
So Ash losing to Gary at the end of Orange, all the Paul battles, the Don Battles, and Shota/Alain didn't mean anything?
>>
>>28034652
yes everything except contests.

dual KO's.. just don't count them.

as much as I hate Ash fucking withdrawing right before a land hits (fucking cheating bitch ass pussy), the pokemon isn't defeated yet. so no, it's not a KO.
>>
>>28036029
hit lands*
>>
>>28036001
Never said they didn't mean anything.

Ultimately it's up to OP in what type of chart he wants to create, one that contains every battle, one that contains 'official battles' or a mix of the two. I was looking at it from an 'official battles' perspective so only battles that are sanctioned by whoever decides the gyms etc are the ones that actually count. If you're going to add unofficial rival battles then why not just include ever Tom, Dick and Harry he's ever fought.
>>
Why even make a graphic like this if it's almost immediately going to be out of date?
>>
>>28036001
>>28035912
>No, Ash was never really interested in them
>No, think of it as a friendly match
Bullshit. All Trainer battles with a referee count. Even those without a referee but a proper setup (ie. not blasting off Team Rocket) should count.
>>
Instead of counting everything as Win/Loss, I'd just have a KO% per life. If Snorlax KO's two pokemon for every one time he faints, he'd have a 200% KO rate. If Snivy only KO's one Pokemon every 2 times it faints, it'd be a 50% percentage.

The only downside to this is that a 100% would be treated as average rather than perfect, just one-for-one'ing the entire time, but I feel like it would be a more accurate representation of how well any given Pokemon performs.
>>
>>28034652
>pic
Guillotine
>>
I'm doing bits and pieces of this right now, will put on a public google doc sometime soon once I get it further completed.

Did not remember how many pity badges Ash earned in the original series. What a little bitch.

>>28036001
>>28036179
>>28036179
>>28036209
I guess what I'm really going to need is to find a way to quickly skim the big ass list of episodes looking for any that have a battle between Ash and an opponent where a set "# vs. #" of Pokemon are used, ideally with some sort of ref present (even if it's just Brock).

Gym, Frontier, and League battles are easy to find, random trainer battles are harder. Also need to find all of the times he randomly crosses paths with Elite Four members ad gets his ass whooped by them.

>>28036029
Some of those battles Ash forfeits right away after, so that counts as a loss.

>>28036203
For shits and giggles. I'm just going to post a spreadsheet when I'm done so ya'll can get creative if you'd like. My mspaint don't qualify me for graphics

>>28036722
I can add a K:D column, that's not hard to do
>>
>>28034652
Just an FYI, I've already done the entirety of XY/XY&Z series for Ash and pretty much the majority of the main cast including Gym Leaders and Rivals etc.

Just re-designing the graph chart I used so it looks a lot better.
>>
>>28034834
Wilson score, the system Reddit uses to sort comments

http://www.evanmiller.org/how-not-to-sort-by-average-rating.html
>>
>>28037949
where dem datas at, hoe?
>>
>Most of Ash's Unova mons besides Krookodile and Charizard are jobbers

Wew
>>
>>28034652
You should count every battle that's not against Team Rocket or something like that.
>>
What, Pidgeotto never won a fight?

Seriously?
>>
File: Ash.png (80KB, 1059x368px) Image search: [Google]
Ash.png
80KB, 1059x368px
>>28037990
On my laptop man.

Here's an old version, or rather how it looked before I re-designed the graph.
>>
>>28034652
You should start by fixing Pidgeotto percentage. It actually won against Misty's Starmie.
>>
>>28034652
>Goodra: 100%
>Loses the ONE battle he wasn't suposed to lose

Waste of space.
>>
>>28038114
Goodra;
W:1 L:1 D:1

Straight record across the board.
>>
Turns out there's a lot of ways a battle can end. Figure I should count all the different ways it can go, and condense later. Right now I have 9 categories I'm rocking on my spreadsheet:

Win
>K/O's opponent w/out fainting
Win+
>K/O's a 2nd opponent in a row w/out fainting or switching out
>Counted as Win for % purposes

Loss
>Gets K/O'd, opponent doesn't faint in the process
Loss+
>Gets K/O'd by opponent immediately after same opponent K/O'd an ally W/O fainting or switching out
>Counted as Loss for % purposes
Forfeit
>Ash forfeits the match before anyone faints, cuz he's a pussy bitch
>Returning an unfanited pokemon w/out ending the match is counted as a Swap-Out
>Counted as Loss for % purposes

Draw
>simultaneous K/O
>neither a Win or a Loss
Swap-Out
>Called back by Ash without a K/O result.
>Only counts as Swap-Out if some amount of battling happened/ attacks were used
>Counted as a Draw for % purposes
>Might end up not counting, but I figure any battle participation is worth including.

Team Rocket
>Either TR or another regional gang interrupts match
>Only counted as such if the battle doesn't precede immediately after blast off.
>Happens enough to get it's own category
>Not counted for W/L/D% purposes
Unclear
>Battle ends preemptively for some other BS reason
>Not counted for W/L/D% purposes

>>28038072
I like your format, fampai, I'll probably base my results spreadsheet off of this.
>>
>>28038140
so goodra's win rate is 50%?
>>
snorlax is the best overall
>>
All non-wild pokemon battles that weren't stupid gimmicks (excluding any gym leaders or orange island leaders) or interrupted by team rocket, exclude contests or minigame shit that didn't involve any actual combat. Make a seperate chart for the movies/legendary pokemon battles
>>
>>28034652
When did Ash catch a muk? I've only watched the Kanto and Sinnoh episodes, and I don't remember ever seeing it.
>>
File: 3d2.jpg (262KB, 1186x886px) Image search: [Google]
3d2.jpg
262KB, 1186x886px
>>28034652
>contests
>frontier brains

Those are already accounted for. Why would you do all this extra work for nothing? All you need to do is update it based on XYZ13 and beyond.
>>
>>28040012
Caught it during Kanto then dumped it at Oaks cause its bad smell seeped out of the Pokeball or something.

He hardly used it and became a jokemon that became affectionate to Oak and would smother him every time Ash made a call. Surely you must've seen it at some point because they only stopped using the gag during XY.
>>
>>28040035
I don't have the data that's based off of. I can't update %'s if I don't know how many battles they've counted before.

I went so far as to check the deviant art the image came from. It cited an article online that was no longer up.
>>
>>28034834
Curve? Set the highest nmber of wins as 1.0

Example: Say Snorlax won 100 battles and thats the most that any of Ash's Pokémon has won. Then say Sceptile won 90. You would multiply Snorlax's score by 1.0 and Sceptile's by 0.90
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.