[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solo Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Thinking about doing my first solo run of Fire Red with pic related.

Tell me about your solo run experiences, /vp/.
>>
Venusaur solo run in Red. Easy as fuck, ended with lvl 91
>>
>Doing a Solo Run
>Ever

Why? It's just an easy streamroll. It's so easy even 5 year olds do it.
>>
I did a ton when I was younger.

Electabuzz in Emerald. Walrein in Emerald. Swampert in Emerald. Charizard in Firered. Sandslash in Firered.

It's pretty easy to do. You just need a lot of grinding, but with the emulator's speed up button, you can finish the run in a 5 or 6 hours, just like any normal playthrough.
>>
>>28034443
They're really boring. I wouldn't even bother. All it is is you sweeping the entire game with a massively overleveled Pokemon.
>>
>>28034443

Your Pokemon ends up overleveled and you breeze through it. The end.

I was doing a Nuzlocke of a Firered hack and every Mon I had except my starter, Empoleon, kept dying. By the time I was finished there was like 15 levels between my Empoleon and opponent Pokemon and I basically swept through the league even though the hack is considerably harder than the original.
>>
>>28035246
This desu
>>
>>28034443
Typhlosion in fire red
>>
You should just do a Solo Run Nuzlocke.

As in, nuzlocke rules apply, but you can only use one mon at a time (HM slaves not included). Once it dies, you can pick one from the box.

It's considerably harder.
>>
>my playthrough of HGSS did a solo run with Typhlosion
>get stumped by Lance

>do a solo run with Meganium
>realize that HG/SS really doesn't like grass types.
Jesus.
>>
Prepare to get your ass fucked by Sabrina, OP. Better pick Bulbasaur.
>>
Did solo rattata run in leafgreen. It's not really fun, you'll just destroy everything with a massive overleveled pokemon unless you use a shitmon.

Ended up my run at lvl 94, it was waaaay easier than I thought with rattata so blastoise should be even easier

My moveset when I defeated the E4 was

-Return
-Quick Attack
-Shadow Ball
-Dig

With a shit nature
>>
>>28035319
>getting stomped with typhlosion
>old speedrun route used a typhlosion
>since it's speedrun the typhlosion is massively underleveled

How shit are you at this game?
>>
>>28035324
>pick the starter that's weak to this gym to beat the gym

okay.
>>
>>28034443
There's not much to tell, you use one mon and overlevel it to plow through everything, every other pokémon is fodder for you to use revives if you ever get KO'd.
That's exactly how I played Blue as a kid and I never had any problems. I suspect any kid's first run was a solo or semi-solo run with only their starter and one/two legendaries doing all the work.
>>
>>28036019
Your suspicion is wrong. As a kid my favourite thing was finding new and cool pokemon to use for my team
>>
>>28035924
Would you believe me if I said that it was my first Pokemon game and I just got it at launch?
>>
>>28036176
Yes. I just assumed you were a long-time fan. I have some friend who are 23 just like me and got XY as their first main serie game (even if they played spinoff before)
>>
>>28034443
I beat Yellow with Pikachu some years ago, it was fun and hard
Brock take sometime, i need to grind with Rattatas and Pidgey until lvl 16 to deal some shitty damage with Quick Attack
Against Giovanny i spamed Submission (didnt know about how strong was gen1 Dig back then), X attack/defense give me the victory at the end
the league wasnt that hard
>>
Beedrill in Crystal. Shit was intense specially on the steel type battles. Twineedle and Cut were the best moves it could learn. Had to spam X-attacks all the time
>>
How doable is a sunkern run of HGSS?
>>
>>28035924
I'm gonna guess the old speedrun route used TM Thunder Punch too, which was great for Typhlosion before the special split.
>>
>>28036639
>TM Thunderpunch
>in HGSS

There was no TM Thunderpunch in HGSS. HGSS was after the split
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.