[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I should know about ORAS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: OrvsAS.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OrvsAS.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
I'm finally getting around to buy either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire sometimes today.

I know its a little bit late, but I just wanted to get back into the Pokemon scene before Sun/Moon released.

Is there anything I should know before hand regarding ORAS? I've not played since clearing X/Y.
>>
It's Hoenn and Hoenn still sucks
>>
>>28033668
XY is not patched for new things (Primals, Megas, moves, Abilities, etc.); except Mega Lati which exist unused in XY's code for some reason.
>>
Not really. Dont expect a huge difficulty curve. Turn Exp Share off, you'll still steamroll a lot of the game.

Its not all bad, its just not as good as it could have been. For what its worth I still had fun, and its the only game with Lisia in it.
>>
>>28033668
Yeah, the game is absolute shit and is incredibly inferior to the originals.

Do yourself a favor and don't play it, it's bad and completely shits on and messes up the Pokemon lore and world building, and replaces it with alternate dimensions and time travel shit.
>>
Turn off the EXP share
Enjoy!
>>
>>28033668
Using the dex nav--you'll get it at the beginning of the game--to hunt for common Pokemon with egg move sets (like spending three hours on a Sunday afternoon with some coffee and a blanket to find a taillow that knows fucking Boombust) is a lot of fun. Feels like hunting for a special Pokemon and when you get it, it very much is special. Fun way to focus your time and get super invested in your team

Sucks ass when you feel pressured to use the dex nav to hunt IVs and natures too, even if you have no desire to play competitive.

Like everyone else is saying: turn off the exp share, it's stupid baby mode. That's about it. Try not to remember how sparse Hoenn's dex was and how you can't really find any half decent Pokemon until after you get surf and cross over to the Eastern half of the game 5 fucking badges in.

Until then, enjoy your regional birb, starter, quirky-third-pick setup.
>>
>>28033683
I don't know how they managed to make hoenn more shit. Didn't think it was possible.
>>
>>28033668
OR has Magma as the villains, and they're more serious. Maxie is an aloof, meticulous scientist.

AS has Aqua as the villains, and they're more goofy and easygoing. Archie is a fun, excitable pirate.

Those are probably the biggest differences between the versions, aside from the box legendary of course.
>>
Synchronize works on the gift Lati@s so be sure to bring a timid Pokémon with synchronize into norman's gym.
>>
If you want to enjoy the main campaign, do a nuzlocke or nuzlocke variant and turn the Exp Share off as soon as you get it. Its pretty much the only way to get some amount of challenge out of the games.

T B H, the games only exist as a competitive team-building machine with a short, piss-easy story mode thrown in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.