[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So about postgame Judging by the map we have 4 main islands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: alolamap.jpg (162KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
162KB, 770x562px
So about postgame

Judging by the map we have 4 main islands and one artificial island. According to the Pokemon website we're taking the Island Challenge which means beating all trials and 4 Kahunas which means we're going through 4 islands in the main part of the game.

The artificial island seems to be some sort oof league hybrid (the castle-like building) with some resort place (proabably new tower/maison with shops maybe?) so it might be both main game and post game purposes.

And thats it. Thats all there is on map. There that one small island with a big palm tree/sprout-thingy but its very small and its probably a place to capture legendary (Zygarde maybe?) so i doubt it'll be a lot to do there.

Lack of good post game was one of the reasons why people complained about gen 6 so much and - at least so far - gen 7 seems to go through the same way

Unless there's something huge there is not on the map (lets face it chances are tiny) or the Artificial island is a Frontier/PWT in disguise it seems there wont be much post game in Sun and Moon

Whats GF excuse this time around?
>They've planned it since XY
>They had longer break than usual
>Its the annivesary game
>They re-use all the old models for Pokemon
>The islands dont seem that big in the first place
>>
File: gen 5 lmao.jpg (267KB, 1454x1006px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5 lmao.jpg
267KB, 1454x1006px
>>28028434
>Lack of good post game was one of the reasons why people complained about gen 6 so much

lmao get fucked gen 5 faggot, nobody gives a fuck about your post game meme. not a single pokemon game has had a post game that has been even remotely good.
>>
File: 1472033199412.jpg (178KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
1472033199412.jpg
178KB, 770x562px
>>28028434
I see more islands, and who knows if there are more under the fog
>>
>>28028450
(you)
>>
>>28028723
those small islands you circled (the one next to volcano and near that canyon island) are mostly part of the bigger ones

Dont count on fog/clouds. This time around they're not even very thick
>>
I don't care about postgame at all.
>>
>>28028745
Not on the oficial art, but the in-game map that Kukui shows you has a huge ass cloud covering most of the Ocean.
>>
File: map.jpg (149KB, 651x381px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
149KB, 651x381px
>>28028758
That map? Yep but it doesnt seem like they will be avaible since the water seems to be bright only near Alola main islands
>>
>>28028434
Pokemon postgame has always been just trying to fill the dex or breeding/training a good team for online competition or whichever "battle a bunch of npc trainers" feature unlocks after the league. Isn't that plenty to do? If you're expecting much more than that, you're playing the wrong game.
>>
>>28028450
Do you just enjoy eating shit for fun or something ?
>>
>>28028434
You should actually look at each island individually in their high-res form. This game looks big as hell.

Also it's difficult to say that the only post-game stuff will only be available on the artificial island. We could have something similar to the 7 sages and the Looker quests which take you back through the other islands. There also could be underground and diving places similar to Hoenn.
>>
Well i want to share my way of thinking

First, the artificial island
The fact that there is no league or else, i think after you beat every kahuna, you are named as the representative of Alola, and you go to the world championship to win for Alola. It would be a huge cameo to the fact that the actual world championship in VGC is strongly linked to Hawaii, and that would be what is the artificial island
A facility to hold trainers from everywhere around the world, that gather for the world league.
So basically at the end of the main story you'd be a world champ'

About the post game, i think, through the map in game (the one showed by kui kui at the beginning of the game) that we have 2 islands hidden

The one to the top right on the official art would be bigger in game

When you study Hawaii on wikipidea it's obvious we don't have every islands, the ones lacking are around the one in the upper right corner

That's one part of post game, the second part, i would guess it will be "soaring" but in the sea

Most likely you travel the sea, and there will be random ships, maybe some pirate ships too, that you can enter through the sea, and battle some trainers

I bet everything they also put a ghost ship that appears at some time at night, it's guaranteed they thought of that
>>
>>28028902
continuing

Last part of post game: The artificial island looks like the arizona memorial, which means there is something under the sea, hidden

In XY there is some backpackers speaking about a "facility you wouldn't believe in a far away region"
This is your facility, it's under water, so it makes it unbelievable, huge, everything you want

That my friends, is the post game

Also i think the map, the islands, are much more living, it will be much more pleasant to wander in these lands after beating the game that it was in the past games ( like you are bored after oras and XY league, the world doesn't offer anything to do )

Think "animal crossing". It's little, but it's alive, you'll have some little quests with the inhabitants, you will have minigames ( i can see golf and pokemon race ), there is clothing

And most importantly

On each habitable island, there is one empty slot for building a house.
>>
>>28028930
i tried to circle the empty slots for house

i cant upload a bigger map sorry, try to watch the places with your own bigger map
>>
The map is really small, look at the routes how short they are. It's kalos again, like every first game of a new generation they will focus on the new mecanics of the game (megas for XY and Z-moves now) and all other aspects will be secondary. It's Game Freak anons...
>>
>>28029073
B-but they had two years to make this game
>>
>>28028434
Op we all know that we're going back to kalos. Its the only way they can introduce megas, deal with zygarde and finish the whole AZ thing along with southern kalos and the train station that cant be used on the first games.
>>
>>28029140
Speaking of going back to Kalos. I've just recently started playing XY and the garden in Parfum Palace (?) [the place where you chase a Furfrou] I think was hinting at Sun/Moon. The hedges are Solrock, Pyroar, Chandelure and I forget the last one.

Did anyone ever find the meaning of that?
>>
>>28028450
>Diamond anything over 70
Holy shit
>>
>>28029206
Golurk? Also nice find
>>
>>28028434
>the Artificial island is a Frontier/PWT

This remains my hope
>>
>>28029140
So is the game meant to be set in the Mediterranean rather than the Pacific Ocean?
>>
>>28028450
Glad we got this out of the way quickly

>>28028434
The artificial island can have a lot of things. Its impossible to tell its size or scopebright now because its all enclosed. Plus, in Black 2, there were many towns right on the map that ended up being unavailable anyways. I suppose in Johto, you could see the Battle Frontier from the beginning but it was still post game too. There's no real reason to say it looks small right now.

>>28028783
No it hasnt
>>
>>28028783
BW2 is here to call you a faggot
>>
>>28028450
Are you forget Diamond/Pearl/Platinum's godlike Postgame?

Also your pic is a fucking farce, Y's score is correct and I didn't bother to check any of the other games but White's score is 87 not 76
>>
>>28029140
Doubt that, GF is way too lazy for that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.