[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1471307306749.gif (770KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
1471307306749.gif
770KB, 500x309px
I want to get into PTU, but I can't seem to find a campaign anywhere. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, and really would like a campaign pdf or something to hold my hand until I figure out what's going on.

The official website didn't have anything more than people talking about x or y happening in theirs, nothing like DnD where you can pick up a book and go.

I do have the starting dex and players handbook, all I need is a campaign. Anyone know where I could get one online?
>>
>>28026646
you are supposed to make your own. which with ptu is a massive pain in the ass and not worth the effort as ptu is trash anyway.
>>
I'm currently playing through a custom one with a few friends. The DM made his system completely from scratch and even made a pretty decent fakemon dex to throw in some more variety. It's pretty fun.
>>
>>28027073
Gay.
>>
Premade campaigns are a bit of a rarity among tabletop games, only the biggest publishers can really afford to (and 3rd party indies that make for bigger systems). A for-free project like this would never have one. Like almost all others, you do your own shit.
>>
>>28026646
The forum has a pretty recent 101 plot hooks thread that you can use for inspiration for sessions, but for a campaign, just do your basic Gym crawl until you get a feel for it/get struck by inspiration
>>
Just make your own. Been running a pretty big one with friends for at least a year now.
>>
>playing an exceptionally shitty DnD mod
Why do that to yourself and your friends?
>>
>>28028537
It isn't that bad, honestly. It is exceptionally vulnerable to getting bogged down, and "That Guy", however.
>>
I'm currently working on my own Pokemon d20 system using a hybrid of D&D 3.5 and 5 plus some changes where I find it necessary for the different subject matter. Anything you guys can think of that's an absolute necessity to include in your minds?
>>
>>28026646
What this guy said OP >>28027221
Also don't be afraid to cut things that bog the game down if you don't find them essential. I would reccomend looking at the newer playtest they have out though, some good stuff in there and makes status less "You are perfectly fine" or "You can't do anything"
>>
File: 1406675923968.png (55KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
1406675923968.png
55KB, 245x212px
>premade campaign
Why would you do this to your players or to yourself?
>>
>>28030073
Some people lack confidence
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.