[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder That Rockruff/Starters Will Probably Get Multiple Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (369KB, 1159x964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
369KB, 1159x964px
> Alola forms are a big focus of this gen
> Take up 1 slot
> Rockruff and starters share a secret
> Gamerfreaks dedicating a whole poster to Rockruffs "Secret Evolution"
> Can't be Synchro or Z Moves since other Pokemon can use Z Moves and Ash Greninja can Synchro
>>
Reminder that nope, that's fucking stupid
>>
>>28023533
well it's a good of an idea as any... what do you think their secret is, genuis
>>
that'd be really annoying
>>
Are you honestly mistaking "secret" and "unique" for synonyms?
>>
OP here... I said Multiple evolutions. So more than 2 but who knows what the method could be. Morning/Midday/Night? Island Based? We will find out next CoroCoro
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>28023533
>>
>>28023508
If thats the case than starter final evos could be revealed too. Which would be odd.
>>
File: Espeon.png (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Espeon.png
40KB, 250x250px
>>28023632
It's probably day and night forms, or island based I agree. I'm going to guess it's island based just leading off example of the Oricorio. It's pretty obvious that Rockruff will get mutiple forms with the "special secret" and forms being such a huge thing for Sun and Moon.
>>
what if that nigga evolve different when you shove his punk ass in a volcano motherfucking rock/fire bitch
drown that fucker in the ocean he a coral reef now motherfucker
>>
>>28023508
Kanto form Rockruff: Three dogs taped together
>>
File: Yungoos.jpg (16KB, 517x273px) Image search: [Google]
Yungoos.jpg
16KB, 517x273px
>>28023508
What did the Chinese leak say about Rockruff?
>>
>>28023632
I'm hoping island based
>>
File: 1469207594409.jpg (50KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1469207594409.jpg
50KB, 599x563px
>>28023508
>yfw Kanto starters also get multiple evolutions and Charizard gets two more Megas
>>
>>28023632
Next CoroCoro when, though?
>>
>>28023533
>>28023560
lol look at these faggots
>>
>>28023814
2 weeks
>>
File: 1471889810763.jpg (982KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471889810763.jpg
982KB, 1920x1080px
>>28023863
Not that far away.
Thanks.
>>
>>28023754
That it would become a werewolf. Another leak that seems to be related says it'll have more evolutions
>>
Really hope that thrre are multiple evolutions.
>>
>>28023695
I mean September was when the middle stages of the Kalos starters were revealed, so it wouldn't come to off.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 225x224px
> Rockruff and starters share a secret
>>
>>28023508
Haha nope

>>28027570
>>
>>28023508
Reminder that you're a retard.

The only one that could have multiple evolutions is Rockruff.

My guess is that its secondary typing is affected by your starter choice.

>Rowlet
Rock/Water
>Litten
Rock/Grass
>Popplio
Rock/Fire

Or something like that.
>>
>>28027704
>tfw it turns out the evolutions are island based, and what we're seeing is just one island's pokedex numbers
>>
>>28027746
shit that's a really good point
>>
File: 00.jpg (1MB, 1207x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
1MB, 1207x1200px
>>28027746
>yfw the video that screenshot is from shows the player picking the Regional Alola dex and NOT the dex of a specific island.

Sauce: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/collect/160602_01.html
>>
>>28027776
>>28027782
Well, so much for that good point I guess...
>>
>Synchro is real
>Select Pokémon gain spikes/growths based on your hair style and color
>Also coloration and markings based on your clothing
>Customizing your trainer takes on a whole new level
Fashionmon, getto daze
>>
File: 1470246748020.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1470246748020.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>28027782
>that image
>>
Reminder that this leak has been up since at least the 4th of July and is overwhelmingly likely to be real

--Mudsdale, Drampa have pre-evo.
--Bruxish, Mimikyu and Togedemaru have no evo or pre-evo.
--Rockruff has three evos depending on the starter you choose.
--A pokemon is based on shovel.
--Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops.
--Cutiefly will evolve into a hummingbird moth.
--Salandit has two different evos depending on gender.
--Three pokemon are based on rock-paper-scissors.
--Hala will be one of E4
--Lillie is the key to main plot and perfect Zygarde.
--Besides Zygarde, eight legendary pokemon for main plot, others are event legendary pokemon.
--Tapu No.3 looks the same as THE strange souvenir.
--There are 120+ pokemon.
--Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are not just Clear Body and Multiscale.
--There is a pokemon more powerful than Arceus on stats.
--New mechanic: merge battle, two or more pokemon on battle field to merge together to battle in duo or trio battle such as Tapu family.

Rockruff will evolve based on your starter, it seems
>>
>>28027815
Honestly, I kind of want synchro just for a few pokemon that I like and want a power up for but without risking the design roulette of mega evolution
>>
>>28027782
Wouldn't the islands be the regions, though? Kinda like how we had limited selection when the region was broken up in previous games, especially when it came to Kalos, where you had to unlock the seperate regions just for them to show up as options.
In any case I doubt that it'd actually happen, I was just trying to offer an alternative outlook to the dex numbering. The split typing Rockruff seems more likely, I could actually believe gamefreak doing that.
>>
>>28027835
Whoops, seems the earliest is 30 Jul. Could have sworn I saw it somewhere with an earlier timestamp

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/new-mechanics-and-details-for-sun-moon.134451/

Still, this predates mudbray
>>
>>28027851
Yes.

And the video shows the player picking the full regional dex. (The top option is "Alola Region Dex" and the second option is "MeleMele Island Dex" and the empty slots beneath it are for the other islands)
>>
>>28023544
That they were the fifth Beatle.
>>
>>28027725

4/10

your idea is fucking stupid.
>>
>>28027835

>making shit up

cmon nigga at least try harder
>>
>>28027888
Mudbray was pretty obvious though. They didn't give any names or anything so I'd take it with a huge pinch of salt.
>>
>>28027704
>what is wormadam
>what are alolan forms
>what is rotom
>different types and stats but the same pokedex slot
>>
I think its obvious Rockruff will have at least two evos. The chinese leaks which have been correct so far says it evolves into a werewolf. It'd make sense if this only happened at night, as what fucking thing turns into a werewolf through the day?

That, and forms being such a big deal, I say its a fair shot starters get at least 2 alternate evos. I don't think they'll be island based however, just day and night based.
>>
>>28027903
...I had completely forgotten about that. Nevermind then, carry on without me.
>>
>>28027949
but is real, you will see
>>
>>28023544
Probably nothing cool. A lot of the stuff GF try to hide from us for a long time tend to be shit.
>>
The secret is just the evolutions themselves, there's nothing special or unique about them

It's a very poorly kept secret
>>
>>28027949
See the link
>>
>>28023508
Rockruff is the Pokémon that evolves with the new mechanic of this generation, like Sylveon in the last one.

He is probably connected to the Z-stones. He's rock type because of the "stones" and has similar stones on the collar.

I hope it's also something useful like "The type of his evolution changes according to the held Z-Stone prior to that"
>>
Things that could happen:
- Rockruff gets a split evo based on your starter pick
- Rockruff's evo gets a synchro form, as do the fully evolved starters

Things that won't happen and that you are a retard for believing in:
- Starters get split evos based on island
- Starters get split evos based on day/night
- Starters get split evos at all
>>
>>28027704
What is Meowstic
>>
>>28027725
How you can apply this idea on ohter future games? And if I want another type for Rockruff's evo? In this way I'm not free to choise its evolution
>>
>>28027746
Good idea. By the way how you can evolve it in future games?
According to me it's secret is about the time: its evolution (form) changes if it evolves during the daytime or during the nightime. We got pokemon titles nased on the dualism SUN and MOON, day and night. So why not more evolutions like Espeon and Umbreon?
>>
>>28028086
I'm agree. Day and night evos is the correct idea to my mind
>>
>>28028774
>>28028791
>>28028813
You know you can answer to multiple post in one, right ?
>>
>one fake leak claims multiple evolutions for starters
>suddenly everyone's obsessed with the idea
>>
>>28028866
Yeah but it's difficult from the smarthone and I'm lazy
>>
>>28028914
>phone poster
>>
File: d81.png (283KB, 680x360px) Image search: [Google]
d81.png
283KB, 680x360px
>>28028914
>Namefag
>Posting from mobile
>>
>>28027704
>>28027725
You do realize that I mentioned Alola forms in the original post right? They share the same Dex slot so whatever you see on the Dex screen can't be used against this
>>
>>28027835
That leak is most likely fake. Most of it was taken from the "riddler leak" but the rest including the starter parts where most likely made up
>>
>>28028378
I'm so ready for it to be another case of poor translation and it turns out that the starters' and rockruff's "big secret" is literally that they have an evolution.
>>
>>28023632
>Island based
>Gen 8
>Islands don't exist what do we do???
>lol obviously they just evolve in different areas of the region
>>
>>28029069
it's pointless talking to some anons, don't bother wasting your time anon

>>28029236
and joe would still defend it if it happened

>corocoro promised and they delivered as always!
>they never said what the secret was going to be that was everyone getting their hopes up!
>the secret was they had an evolution they never lied!

also if that was the case i guess komala would be confirmed to not evolve since it was excluded from the secret.
>>
>>28023508
OP is a faggot.

Starters will NEVER get split evolutions. Never. Not this gen, not all following gens.
>>
split evos are not happening holy shit end this meme
>>
I have it on fairly good authority that the hype over this is misplaced, and it just means the starters and Rockruff's line are some of the only lines that get megas in this gen.
>>
>>28029503
>>28029555
do you have a citation on that? a quote from a game freak rep, maybe? no? oh yeah you're just full of shit. i bet you were the same people saying they wouldn't add a new type in gen v, create anything like megas, create alola forms, change the gym formula, that they would never skip a z game to move onto gen 7. weren't you?

itt >m-muh patterns get angry at people who don't have a boring, restrictive imagination like them

game freak don't give two shits about sticking to your patterns, if they want to do split evos they will do it
>>
When do we get the next batch of alola info released?

Do we know yet?
>>
>>28029583
They DIDN'T add a new type in gen 5.
>>
>>28029583
No, absolutely no citation. It's simply never going to happen. Screepcap this and keep the image until you die. Every Pokémon game released between now and your death will not have starters with split evolutions.
>>
>>28023787
>Bulba gets a non-fat evo
Yes please.
>>
split evos are happening, just wait and see
>>
>>28023848
how is having more than 1 evolution for a starter a good idea? i like changing the formula but this is just pointless. a differing form in day/night would be good or maybe a different form for each island, but a whole different evolution is actually pretty pointless
>>
>Sun and Moon cancelled due to no one being able to guess the secret
>>
>>28029619
Split evolutions will never happen and you know it.
>>
>>28029623
we are talking about the day/night evolutions like the leak said. it's going to happen
>>
>>28029638
Except it isn't going to happen.
>>
>>28029645
don't you have anything better to do than be in denial over something that's already confirmed?
>>
They will have split evolutions depending on your gender

If you picked female, you get a more girly and cute evolution, if you picked boy you get a more edgy one with spikes

I work for Nintendo
>>
>>28029653
not that guy but imo i'd be happier if they just changed form during the night rather than be a whole other form with diff stats and typing that can only be achieved if u evolve it under certain conditions
>>
Starters WILL get alternate evos.
They need something to stand out again. Nowadays they're like every other mon yet they're supposed to be special.

Other mon get regional variants, and starters get alt evos to make up for it as well as keeping their iconic types intact.

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>28029631

>what is gloom
>what is poliwhirl
>what is kirlia
>what is snorunt
>>
>>28029674
he's talking about for the starters, please
>>
>>28029596
you know what i meant, it was a typo

>>28029672
exactly. and we already have some with megas and some without, so it's not like people can claim that all starters are treated equally and the balance can't be upset.
>>
File: zachipster.png (461KB, 1214x738px) Image search: [Google]
zachipster.png
461KB, 1214x738px
>>28029619
>>28029638
>>28029653
Are you the real zachipster faggot or are you just mocking him?
>>
>>28023508
if different evolutions by gender?
>stupid mermaid is female only
>killer clown is male only
u guys okay with this?
>>
>>28023508
Rockruff gets two more evolutions, a mega, and a synchro evolution for its mega.
>>
Split evos based on whether you've picked up an even or odd number of items thus far in the game.
>>
secret is: they don't have evolutions.

you heard it first here
>>
>>28029079
Riddler was revealed to English audiences on 9 August though, this is the earliest post I can find about it

http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/page-90#post-5938892

It's entirely possible that this guy also happens to browse chinese forums and made this up preemptively to ride off it in the event it gained traction, but it seems unlikely.
>>
First LGBT evolutions, I hope!
>>
>>28030046
how are u supposed to prescribe sexuality via appearance? make pokemon look gay? that sounds patronising "hey gays here's your gay pokemon that looks gay"
>>
>>28029589
We've had something on the 1st of every month for a while now. TPCi haven't announced upcoming announcements yet but it's pretty likely we'll get something on the 1st.
>>
So will the Alola forms will be in the Alola pokedex as "Sandshrew" and "Vulpix" right?

Does this mean in the National Dex it'll be whichever form you see first, or will it be (for example) #037 Vulpix, #037A Icepix?
>>
File: CpSMkovXgAAGDkD.jpg (9KB, 268x318px) Image search: [Google]
CpSMkovXgAAGDkD.jpg
9KB, 268x318px
The secret is probably just synchro forms and ash-greninja was their way of hyping the idea up early without outright spoiling it.
>>
>>28031575
Initially, it's the form you see first. As you see other forms, they are added to the "forms" list, and you can select which one is displayed in the dex. My friend has a theory, though. Since it has to include all forms as a single entry, that means that the other forms can be seen in the region. This perhaps implies that NPCs can have the old forms on their teams, and it wouldn't affect the regional dex whatsoever. If you catch and evolve things from this region, though, they will be their alola forms. The only way you're getting the original forms is by transferring from Bank.
>>
>>28031575
Seeing as Alola forms alter the type of the pokemon as well as probably mandating new dex entries, I'd wager that they'll show up as Alola dex entries separate from their previous ones, though I guess they'll just be listed as Pokemon (Alola Form) or something?

The only other option is to have it work like XY where whatever form you see first is the default appearance in the dex, but you can sort through them and set whatever form (Gender, shiny, different patterns, etc.) as the default you want. The only caveat would be that Vulpix/Sandshrew/Meowth/Whatever would have some sort of toggle button on their entry to switch between the regional form and regular form version, so you can read about the usual Vulpix as well as the Ice/Fairy version.

>>28023508
I'd be totally okay with this, and it would make starters much more viable for those that are attached to them. I hate it when I really like a pokemon, but it's final evolution is kind of useless competitively. I'd love a Water/Steel version of Blastoise or something like that to give it some more bulk. If I can choose the starter I want and have the final form be my choice of type combination then I don't have to worry about passing over a pokemon I like just because it's saddled with a singular shitty typing. Grass/Flying is a guaranteed one-shot death to anything with an ice move, but if I can make Rowlett evolve into a Grass/Dark or something, then it becomes less susceptible to something that basically every team carries.
>>
>>28023508
Didn't the riddle leaker say something like this?
>>
If it's a physical eevee I would cream.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.