[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Special rules you use for every playthrough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: 1471746042511.jpg (15KB, 218x202px) Image search: [Google]
1471746042511.jpg
15KB, 218x202px
Every time I start a new game I try to name my character and my rival as opposites (currently playing platinum, Im Donald and barry is Hillary), also I never catch a pokemon until the rival battle, so every time I battle Hillary (Barry) we always have a pokemon team of the same size, its kinda autistic but I feel it gives a bit more of inmersion to the game, anyone else have special rules for your playthrough?
>>
Just monotype. Usually bug.

I skipped B/W1 because you don't get any damn bugs until like 2 or 3 gyms in
>>
File: 1454544162454.jpg (268KB, 412x461px) Image search: [Google]
1454544162454.jpg
268KB, 412x461px
>>28023134
When I got my very first starter, I named it "Fire Z" because I was a kid and, apparently to this date, retarded because when I got my second starter I named it "Water Z", and the tradition went on and on.
>>
>>28023134
Before playing a game I create my team to feel more like a real RPG in that most new teammates joins to you at a specific point of the game.
>>
>>28023134
Sometimes I like picking really shitmons just to challenge myself

Example: pachurishu crickitot sunflora girafarig wormadam ledian
>>
>>28023134
It's minor, but all my starter's have to have an honorific of sorts. Delphox, for example, was Princess Pyr. Blaziken was Duke Iggy, and Samurott was Ninja Suki.
>>
>don't use healing items mid-battle
>try to switch out to everyone on my team during important battles
>don't use HM slaves until the post-game
>Gen VI, no Exp. Share
>>
File: fear.png (38KB, 204x167px) Image search: [Google]
fear.png
38KB, 204x167px
>ITT: Autism
>>
>>28023160
I dont like B/W1
With this way of thinking I would be screwed since I like water types mostly.
>>
File: tumblr_n5uo3zmlk31t3xynoo1_500.gif (993KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5uo3zmlk31t3xynoo1_500.gif
993KB, 500x500px
Always have fun, catch all the cutest Pokemon, and never stop smiling
>>
>>28023381
And the man who just couldn't ignore it is the biggest one of all.
>>
>>28023420
So you wouldn't touch an "ugly" Pokémon? Your cuteness is skin deep.
>>
>>28023473
We're all autists here. We obsess over children's videogames after all.
>>
I just try to use a theme for the nicknames on my team. One time I was pretty lazy and just used emoticons.
>>
>>28023505
But I think Turtonator, Magby, and Aromatisse (and Luhcakitten and co too) are cute while the majority of /vp/ thinks they're ugly.
>>
Mono psychic type
>>
Not every game, but every gen, except gen 5 since I don't think it was naturally available, I've had a machoke on one of my teams. Always female and always called MUSCLE as a little homage to one I had in gold and got pretty attached to as a kid.
>>
File: 1401200618338s.jpg (3KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
1401200618338s.jpg
3KB, 125x113px
If you ever play through an ititial run of a completely new gen with a single older gen mon then you are ruining Pokemon for yourselves.

Yes this applies to the beginning of Gen 6
>>
>>28023134
I only catch male pokemon, except for the pokemon that I can't see as males, like Lapras. In that case I catch a female Lapras
>>
>>28025012
I used to do this in my first playthrough of Gold as a kid because I thought the males were stronger like real animals
>>
Oh boy, here we go.

I have to do a monotype of my favourite type during that time. Right now my favourite type is Fairy so I can't play any of the older games.

My favourite type has to be something I can see myself realistically training so no Poison or Dragon types for me. Also it has to be related to my career, I work in a library so to me Fairy = Fairytales/Fantasy genre of literature.

I'm so autistic it hurts.
>>
File: 1425830160397.png (114KB, 312x303px) Image search: [Google]
1425830160397.png
114KB, 312x303px
>>28023134
Don't grind levels unless the next level is an evo/significant new move
Try to use different mons every playthrough, especially early game/ weaker ones, except designated hm slave
Fight gym leaders underleveled
Sometimes use gimmicky or setup strats in battles instead of just stab+super effective moves
Box the legendaries

Not a rule but I try to 'ev train' when battling, basically if an enemy trainer's pokemon I'll switch a mon that needs those evs in to beat it. I don't go out of my way to optimize it though.
>>
>>28025430
Wasn't that the case? I think I remember males having higher ATK stats and females having higher DEF stats. I might remember it wrong, though.
>>
I make up an elaborate story as to why I'm there. I never play through a game more than once, for me Pokemon is an adventure I've been on since I was 10 and I have to head-canonically come up with a reason for going to new regions constantly, with remakes leaving big plot holes I often sweep under the carpet.

For HG/SS just before B/W came out, I had a super intense battle with Red's strongest team and pretended that the Surf I used at the end of the battle to finish his charizard caused a landslide that destroyed Mount Silver and a portion of Johto (My canon hometown, as I started with Gen II. Oak/Elm both agreed that it would be best for me to leave my Pokemon and travel far away and I've been to Unova and Kalos since. I used Bank to take my Meowth with me, which has always been my shoulder Pokemon and pretended we were on the SS Anne together.

I haven't yet come up with a reason for leaving Kalos for Alola yet, but Meowth will be staying in Kalos for a while and I'll be taking a baby shellos instead.
>>
>>28028956
Less autistic than my headcannon.
>>
>>28023134
When a new generation comes out I always pick a random starter for my first playthrough I really hope I don't roll Fire this time though
>>
Never nickname.
Balanced team to cover weaknesses and resistances for the most part.
Use mostly decent to viable Pokemon.
Avoid legendaries.
>>
>>28023134
The things I need in my main team for every game:
>The starter at the lead, and since Gen VI with a name that hopefully isn't completely autistic
>The box legendary in the second slot, more than likely caught in a Master Ball because I don't give a shit
>A mon with fly, can be filled by the starter or legendary depending on whether they can learn it (e.g. Yveltal)
>A mon that I just sort of picked up along the way and kept because I liked it
>A Zangoose at the end of the party, built for being a False Swiper with high attack and speed, probably with Thief for some degree of coverage
>The team being in a variety of balls
>The team consisting of a variety of types

Also, I like having my team reach Level 100 in the order they are in the party. At the moment, this is all I can think of.
>>
>>28023242
>>28023552
>>28028529
>>28028956
>>28029027
There is something seriously wrong with you people.
>>
>>28023134
>No buying items, capitalism will fail
>starters are for postgame
>>
>>28028980

It's fun though, right? I feel that other people just play it as a game and take it at face value but when you pretend it's like a real adventure you get so much more from it. I watch the anime alongside it too.
>>
I nickname all my Pokemon after wrestling finishers.

I don't evolve my starters and some certain Pokemon until they learn their final move in baby form.
>>
>>28029040
is themed nicknames really that bad?
>>
>>28028956
I do this kind of thing with my first playthrough of any souls game.I created a background for my pg and a particular build that slightly changes over the games but always has a common thing,i might be a severe case of autistic man
>>
>>28028956
As far as going to Alola, you're simply going on vacation. That should be the easiest one to explain off. Also the MC's mom brings a meowth, so you could just claim she's watching over it.
>>
>>28030001
Nah, they're cool, at least you aren't a sperg who nicknames them after memes and shit.
>>
>>28028941
Gender in Gen 2 was determined by IVs and yes, females had the lower portion of Attack IVs (Actually DVs, but the distinction is minimal)
>>
Set battle style, no healing during important battles and no legendary pokemon, that's pretty much it.
>>
I've been thinking of doing a 1 mon run, forgetting that it would be problematic cus of HMs, a 3 mon maybe instead

but if S/M is abolishing them, then maybe 1 mon can be done
>>
I catch all of my team in normal Pokéballs except for one that I catch in either a Quick Ball or a Premier Ball. This stems from watching the anime as a kid and seeing Ash catch Totodile in a Lure Ball.

I also like to train one or two of the same Pokémon my rival uses so I can send mine out in battle when they do to see whose is stronger.
>>
>>28030001
I also do that anon. My first Y playthrough, I named all my party pokemon after Gods. Then OR playthrough with One Piece character. I still have Sanji Blaziken and Franky Aggron.
>>
>>28023134
-Themed player names & nicknames
-Fire, Grass, Water core
-Every physically based pokemon must correspond to a specially based poke w/ a similar role on the team. No restrictions on the roles themselves, I just need a special and physical version of it
-Dual types are given preference, no types can be repeated
-HSS/FRLG randomized runs and hacks that allow for multiple starters, I replace my team before going on to Kanto/Sevii Islands

I didn't always play this way, it just slowly happened overtime. In my next run I'm gonna do my best to ignore all of these except for the bit about repeated types.
>>
>>28023134
Just 2 main rules, the other are things I prefer:
>No repeating types, I try for 12 different
>No exiting a gym unless I white out.

>All team pokemon must have my OT
>All team pokemon must be able to fully evolve through single player
>>
>>28023134
I don't use the switch feature. That's about it.
>>
>>28023134
Set and no healing during battles
>>
>>28028571
I do the passive EV training, too. It's a big part of why I end up w/ an even phys/special split for my team (>>28030257 here)

>>28030100
I only just recently started playing w/o healing items (specifically, nothing storebought and nothing during the battle) Made the E4 a whole lot more fun.
>>
Nick name everybody no matter what type of play through it is, and lots of nuzlockes.
>>
>>28023134
No repeating types unless there's no other Pokemon/I've already used all the others of that type.

Try to use mons I've never used.

Usually try to plan the team beforehand.
>>
I try to go into each gym battle with all my party at the same level.

Try to have 6 in the party before the first gym.

Don't have repeat types on the team.

I always save all rare candys for the pseudo towards the end of the game.

In game I don't care about natures, crappy nature makes the game more of a challenge.

Try to get all items in the area before leaving.

Sell all the battle boost items (x attack for example) and escape ropes.

Only use new gen Pokemon on the first play thru.

Never use the box legendary during the elite four.

Gen V was the only gen where i boxed the starter.

In general I prefer three stage Pokemon >_>
>>
File: 200_s.gif (31KB, 333x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
31KB, 333x200px
>>28023134
I try and fill my 6 with half old favs, and half with the new guys that made the cut. Usually I use the starter the whole game, or most of it. This time though...

>>28024257
>My opinions! Play it the way I want you to play it, or you aren't even really playing!

Control freak is almost to mild of a term to describe this one.
>>
When I start a new game, I just pick any starter because I'm going to release it anyway.

As soon as I get the opportunity to catch a mon I like (usually in the first few routes) I do it, then box and release my starter.

I always keep my mons at the same level, and only catch male or genderless pokemon.

I either defeat legendaries or, when I have to capture them, release/trade them afterwards. Save for rare exceptions, I don't find it realistic for a teenager to be able to capture a legend (fuck the master ball), so I don't use them.
I'm sure I've made several kids happy by trading Xerneas, Deoxys, Giratina and whatnot for their shitty Zigzagoons.

Tend to immediately sell items I don't need. I usually just keep medicine, some berries, and balls.

I never use balls other than the classic pokeball, the luxury ball and the premier ball. The cherish ball is fine though.

Ever since X/Y I super train my mons as soon as I can to get the right EV set. I'm not autistic about breeding natures and IVs, though, that's too tedious.

I try not to keep any pokemon in the PC, so I'll usually just have six mons for the entirety of the game, even in postgame I don't have much more. Usually when I don't use a mon I release it or give it away.

I never use HMs unless absolutely necessary (even fly and surf). When I do use them I catch a shitmon, use it as a slave until I'm done, then release it.
>>
Here we go
>use only regular pokeballs, even for legendaries
>every pokemon on my team has to have a nickname
>can't share any pokemon with rivals or champion
>every pokemon has to evolve
>have to catch or hatch first stage of evolution line, have to train everybody from the ground up
>box all legendaries
>don't use pokemon given to me as part of the story besides starter
>starter always knows return
>>
>>28032495
I think you might be the son of Autism.
>>
>>28032724
Why? I just don't like clutter in my games, I don't use what I don't need
>>
>>28032803
>Playing a game about collecting monsters.
>Not collecting.
Yup. You got the 'tism.
>>
>>28033073
>catching mons you'll never use just because that's what "you're supposed to do"
I prefer just using my best bros and releasing the rest.
>>
>>28030039

Thanks Anon! I'd played with the idea of a vacation but I never thought of the Meowth thing, that's perfect - that'll work out perfectly.
>>
>>28032495
I knew that vp is filled with real autist.
But this is setting the bar really high for autism.
Good fucking job.
>>
>never catch a pokemon until the rival battle

What is the point of this? Why don't you catch pokemon but put them in the box instead? I mean, it's not like your rival has only caught 6 pokemon through the entire game. Why limit yourself? You could rotate pokemon as well, while still carrying the equal amount your rival has
>>
>>28033099
Have you already catch them all ? If not, are you going to do it
>>
>>28023134
I try to switch out at least 1 or 2 Pokemon for new ones between gyms to keep things fresh and avoid getting OP, and use set battling style.
>>
File: obju2zWKEb1szwqy6o4_400.png (118KB, 265x259px) Image search: [Google]
obju2zWKEb1szwqy6o4_400.png
118KB, 265x259px
>>28032070
>being this insecure
>>
Currently playing Glazed. Its cool but I kind of want fakemon mixed with real mon.

are there any roms that have good ones and/or add content to the game so its not just battling?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.