[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do these things die as soon as their tail is submerged in water?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 2111049_p0.jpg (202KB, 600x644px) Image search: [Google]
2111049_p0.jpg
202KB, 600x644px
So do these things die as soon as their tail is submerged in water?
>>
no
>pokemon:origins
>>
Their fire burns hot enough to remain alight in water.
>>
>>28012887
That was a charizard charmanders final evo who's way stronger so ima say yes charmander will die cause he's a pussy
>>
>>28012855
Well, I can call out a Charmander in the games while under water with Dive.

The anime series showed Ash's Charmander in the ocean in "Island of the Giant Pokemon".

And Pokemon Origins showed Red's Charizard fall in the water in Cerulean Cave.

So I'd say no, they don't die.
>>
>>28012855
I think it's more likely that they get very ill/faint or go into a coma like state until they go to the pokemon center.
>>
>>28012936
Another question, how do water pokemon (the fish for example) live outside the water?
>>
File: ymMmSQa.jpg (76KB, 536x677px) Image search: [Google]
ymMmSQa.jpg
76KB, 536x677px
>>
>>28012855
>getting this reversed again

Their health is not dependent on the flame of their tail.

The flame of their tail is dependent on their health.
>>
>>28012855
Pokemon fire moves seem to have their own oxidizer meaning water would do shit, but having their tail submerged wouldn't be pleasant, my guess it would cause some strain on them keeping the thing alight.
>>
>>28012855
OMG IT DIES!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28012961
Through the power of love, companionship and poor writing?
>>
File: Charmander's Silent Bathtime.jpg (46KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
Charmander's Silent Bathtime.jpg
46KB, 900x666px
>>28012855

Nah, they just take a nap.
>>
File: pull.png (165KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pull.png
165KB, 320x240px
How do Lucario's/Riolu's head appendages stay attached when the part connecting it is so fucking thin?
>>
>>28013075
Bone joint.
>>
>>28012990
so their tails keep burning under water as long as they're healthy?
>>
>>28012961
What about dugtrio underwater? That's the real question.
>>
IT'S DEAD, YOU CAN'T USE YOUR CHARMANDER ANYMORE.

But I...

DEAD! OVER! YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE, EVER!

Ummm...it just...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD! *destroys handheld*
>>
>>28013128
(you)

>>28012936
The anime also showed charizards tail completely submerged in Johto, when charizard was left at the charicific valley. He was thrown in the pool outside and his tail went under.

It's one scene and the anime doesn't even make a deal out of it. I think it's the very first time we see it happen too. Explanation would have been nice but it's a kids show
>>
>>28012855
I think not, but their metabolic function suffer for a couple of minutes and, if the tail doesn't get lit in more or less half an hour, they die.
>>
Can they will the flame to dim or go out?
>>
>>28013092
According to Pokemon Origins, yes.
>>
>>28013092
If their flame is not burning oxygen but something else...
>>
Magnesium can burn underwater. Charmanders tail burning in water isn't farfetched. There's also the whole Pokemon generally not giving a shit about our physics you know? They be magic n shit.
>>
File: that's really awful.jpg (31KB, 484x365px) Image search: [Google]
that's really awful.jpg
31KB, 484x365px
>>28012936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmMlspNoZMs
Charizard doesn't die because he's strong enough to keep the flame burning underwater, charmander does because it's weak . Simple as that.

> I can call out a Charmander in the games while under water with Dive.
Wailord can breed with dedenne in-game.

>The anime series showed Ash's Charmander in the ocean in "Island of the Giant Pokemon".
Inside the pokéball.

>>28013075
It's fur.
>>
>>28012855
>So do these things die as soon as their tail is submerged in water?

It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>28012855

Yes.
>>
>>28012855
Its fire isn't fueled by oxygen like a conventional fire. Fire is snuffed out by water because it smothers it and removes the oxygen it uses to burn.

The flame on Charmander's tail burns from its life-force, which is why Charizard can stay alive despite being entirely submerged.

But that goes to follow that Charmander doesn't die when his tail flame goes out, his tail flame goes out when he dies.
>>
>>28013310
Body oil?
>>
I think it's more like the flame is a representation of how strong it is. If you badly damaged it then the flame will start to die out. If it's perfectly healthy then the flame will stay lit. I don't think you can just manually extinguish it. If it goes out underwater it because the water hurt him rather then it actually putting it out.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.