[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i started to play Pokemon Showdown in the OU section, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: Smogon.png (40KB, 292x354px) Image search: [Google]
Smogon.png
40KB, 292x354px
So i started to play Pokemon Showdown in the OU section, but I was given heart pains when I found out that Aegislash and Greninja where in the Ubers section.

Do they really deserve Ubers? I thought the whole point of Smogon was to be a fair competitive scene.
>>
>>28011786
Its literally a handful of faggots who decide what can be used or not.
>>
>>28011833
>>28011846
So they ban pokemon by voting for it?
>>
>>28011786
they just don't know how to properly use Unaware Quagsire's Earthquake
>>
>>28011874
everyone gets a vote if they want it
>>
>>28011786
Its all based on usage you retard, the best pokemon are in Ubers while the shittiest are in PU.
>>
SHOWDOWN SUCKS
>>
>>28011905
ubers is not based on usage you retard
>>
>>28011908
VERLIS PLS
>>
>>28011905
Ubers, BL, and BL2 aren't based on usage, they're banlists for OU, UU, and RU respectively.

>>28011786
Play in Ubers or AG, then.
>>
>>28011786
Just play with your bros.

My bros are Mega Ray, Greninja, Aegislash, Groudon, Kyogre, and Mewtwo.
>>
>>28011786
No, the whole point of Smogon is to add a ton of additional rules and labels to everything, so that your general autism can be fed without killing the fun for real fans.
>>
>>28011876
This. Quagisre wasn't relevant then.

I like smogon, but Mawile and the sword are questionable
>>
>>28011997
>VGC: The Team
>>
>>28011786
You dont understand, they have certain qualities that make them too good for OU. They ended up sometimes costing a win all by themselves and at least costing one or two pokemon to shut down. They aren't in Ubers because they're as good as legendaries, they're in Ubers because they're too good for OU. Essentialy BL0, like mega mawile.
>>
>>28012058
But, I don't have Xerneas or Kangaskahn.
>>
>>28012047
I feel sorry for Mawile. It's fucking shit in ubers.
>>
>>28011974
Not gonna play in Ubers just to play with 2 of my pokemons.

Might just not play by Smogon rules after all.
>>
>>28012535
Don't, its not even the official format and VGC isnt the only alternative. I dont get why people get so worked up about smogon when nobody is forcing you to play by their rules.
>>
>>28011786
why do you need to play with memefrog and the fucking ghost sword?
>>
>>28012622
Because I love my memefrog and ghost sword.
>>
File: 1459877255055.png (67KB, 165x189px) Image search: [Google]
1459877255055.png
67KB, 165x189px
>OVER USED section
>overused pokemon aren't allowed
höher uber tier when?
>>
>>28011786
>I thought the whole point of Smogon was to be a fair competitive scene.
Yes, which is why Aegislash and Greninja were kicked out of OU.
>>
>make usage based tier lists
>screw your own rules and ban things because you feel they are too good for said tier
????
>>
>>28014205
(You)
>>
>>28012535
then don't

why did you make this thread? can't you shitpost about smogon by shitposting on smogon?
>>
>>28012593
smogon doubles is pretty good
>>
>>28011786
I think we deserve tiers. It's not smogon's fault if the game itself has power level and a lot of stronger pokemon are used more. Everyone can play with their favourites ones, i don't think we need to standardize Pokèmon in power ranges to have fun playing with a team composed by some OU, some PU, some UU or Ubers. The fact is: people and smogon denial take that lists too seriously! Play with every pokemon you want online, but be ready to be outspeeded or bullied but stronger pokèmon without being worried about it.

>Sorry for my english, not my motherlanguage
>>
>>28014389
i want to say something more: why don't complain about VGC being so Uber? Would you go to VGC with your Arcanine and Raichu? Why people play only that shit Ubers? I'm "forcing" answering.
>>
>>28011786
Uber is where pokemon who centralize the metagame around themselves are banned. If a pokemon is so strong that the whole metagme revolves around having it in your team or being forced to have a hard-counter in your team then it will be banned.

smogon OU is kinda shit tho, try NU or RU.
>>
>>28014389
>>28014435
It's true people are retarded. You can use your favorite shitmon in OU or Ubers but it will get rekt. Lower tier are literally made to make Karenfag's favorite shitmon usable.
>>
>>28014484
Not even that. Sometimes even pokemon from lower tiers can help. If somebody makes a team with a glaring weakness, sometimes pokemon from UU or even RU can fullfill the role of countering this threat better than some OU pokemon. Its just that people are too lazy to try anything other than their full shitmon team
>>
>>28014538
Pokemon from lower tier are often outclassed. For exemple Druddigon is simply a shittier Haxorus. But most of them some shitmons can be useful because of their movesets, abilities or synergy with another pokemon.

Best exemple for that is pachirisu who's considered a shitmon but won worlds 2014.
>>
>>28014455
>try NU or RU

this

lower tiers are best tiers though I fucking can't wait for Alomomola to get bumped out
>>
>>28014610
Sure, but some pokemon have niches that cant be replaced. That doesn't make them better, but can sometimes mean they're more usefull alternatives than other OU mons. Something like mandibuzz can't be replicated by most OU mons, so it can possibly serve a niche in a team that would otherwise be worse without it.
>>
>>28011786
>Do they really deserve Ubers?

Yes.
Greninja's Speed in combination with Protean lets it beat nearly anything. Whenever a counter would arise, its set would adapt to deal with it, like having it run Gunk Shot for Fairies or Extrasensory for Tentacruel. The few mons that could take any hit from it, like Chansey or Porygon2, pushed the meta to be too stall-favored, so voters wanted it to go.
Aegislash's only counter was Mandibuzz, who could be dealt with by Stealth Rock or by the Aegislash running lure moves like Toxic or Head Smash.
>>
>>28014725
>The few mons that could take any hit from it, like Chansey or Porygon2, pushed the meta to be too stall-favored, so voters wanted it to go.
Good to see not everybody in smogon wants it to be "stall: the meta"
>>
>>28011786
OU singles is literally the most boring format. Try other formats.

t b h I kinda miss 4th gen competitive battling. Hidden team made people rely on their skills an d instinct. The element of surprise meant most shitmons were viable. Nowadays, there's no creativity, it's just people copying teams from eachothers and sets from the internet.
>>
>>28014764
I think that's a popular misconception on here. There are some fags that run stall on the ladder purely because they want to win, but if you don't see a corrective measure taken to address stall's dominance, it's because the tools to correct it are already at your fingerprints. For example, stall was dominating the ladder not that long ago, but now Mega Heracross has risen from BL to OU because people realized it broke stall. Unaware Clef can barely take a Rock Blast, and Skarm is pushed to its breaking point risking taking 2 Adamant Close Combats.
>>
>>28014890
*fingertips

Not to mention, stall's other big weakness is flinching. Jirachi and Togekiss can break stall given ample opportunity.
>>
>people talking about competitive battling and making sense

I thought /vp/ was 100% shitters
>>
>>28012018
>real fans
shut your ass up
>>
>>28011786
Uber tier exists because certain things are too overpowered to be used in the other tiers, it's essentially a banned list.

Most legendaries and megas are automatically Uber tier due to their stats, some random pokemon become Uber due to their abilities or a movepool that can be abused or both. Greninja and Aegislash are the latter.

Mega Rayquaza even had to have a new tier created because it was that overpowered.

I appreciate that Smogon creates these tiers so pokemon we like are still usable; however many times the choices they make are bullshit. OU is, in my opinion, the most boring tier in Smogon due to how much they let it stagnate. They'll literally ban everything that counters stalling.
>>
>>28014725
also something people often don't understand is a pokemon having 1 counter is just as bad for the metagame as it having 0 counters

if a pokemon can be beater but only by one pokemon then both of them are guaranteed to take up a slot on your team since pokemon A is to powerful not to use and pokemon B is needed to stop your opponents pokemon A

and the rest will be centralized around defeating your opponents pokemon B so your pokemon A can win

which leads to a very shitty metagame
>>
>>28014941
It's more like 95%. The good players rarely interact with the board as a whole and more so associate with Showdown. /cpg/ used to post their generals but eventually became relegated to a circlejerk room on Showdown because of how dead the threads here would be. I myself am from Showderp, where we have some good competitive battlers, but I think I'm one of the very few who browses the board as a whole to see threads like this and comment.
>>
>>28015077
only reason a new tier was created is cause uber got large enough to actually have merit as a tier the past few gens
gen 1 and 2 ubers was 100% banlist, after all even mega ray doesn't come near to how overpowered mewtwo was during gen 1
>>
>>28015093
Yeah I agree, it becomes so tightened into a game of rock-paper-scissors without regulation.
>>
Stuff like Mega Gengar and Greninja just aren't balanced for normal non-legendary play in singles.

Greninja has so many options, and hardly any counters. It centralizes everything.
>>
>>28015154
t b h I don't understand how some people who play everyday can be so shit. I was kinda good in gen 4 (on PO at the time and on some website based around breeding named pokefarm). Havent battled competitively in gen 5 beside real life events in my city.

Decided to try it out again last week and got to 1500 elo in 4 hours after not playing for like 5 years. I don't understand how people who play 6 hours a day struggle to get past 1200 if a shitter like me can.
>>
>>28015252
sick humblebrag brah!!
>>
>>28014062

>using inferior lewd Mienshao
Source on your pic shows that the body's far better than that awful face.

Also, there should be a BL0. >>28014455 is right about what Uber is for, but there should be a BL tier for Pokemon who do that but aren't competitive in Uber at the same time, like Mega Mawile.
>>
>>28015252
Not sure. I think it's an age thing. Unlike on here, any age can play on Showdown, so I guess it's harder to notice/expect. There are also foreigners curious about the game and people just playing for fun or using odd teams for the sake of using them.

Besides, if everyone could get a certain Elo, no one would, based on how it has to be stratified. Reflecting on that, the ladder moves up and down based on where the top person stands. So when the top of the ladder is 1600s, 1400s is impressing, while when the top of the ladder is 2000s, 1800s is impressing.
>>
File: Better Than Yours.png (172KB, 511x434px) Image search: [Google]
Better Than Yours.png
172KB, 511x434px
>>28015386

Forgot image for >>28014062
>>
>>28012076
Yeah, but unfortunately, viability in the next tier isn't a factor when it comes to banning something from a tier.
>>
>>28012018
no, it's literally to let you use more pokemon viably.

without smogon you could quite literally never use NU shitmon
>>
>>28011786
>but I was given heart pains
lol what a gay
>>
>>28011786
Showdown is for little baby like verlis. play vgc for manly game
>>
>>28016012
>literally the same game
>>
>>28016012
But VGC is just doubles, and doubles is horrible, you might as well not play
>>
I should try and break the sleep cause for reasons.
>>
>>28016057
not him but double is great. VGC is shit right now because of primals and shit. It was fun before that.

My favorite thing is rotation battles but I'm like the only person in the world who likes that
>>
>>28016057
while I enjoy doubles I prefer singles. Plus I don't like people stalling. Sours the game.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.