[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1945 + 71 >Still no true world serpent Pokémon Why live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: jormun.jpg (98KB, 1192x671px) Image search: [Google]
jormun.jpg
98KB, 1192x671px
>1945 + 71
>Still no true world serpent Pokémon
Why live
>>
In b4 "all dragons and serpents in Norse mythology are basically interchangeable" retards. /vp/ is crawling with them.
>>
File: Gyarados.png (1MB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
Gyarados.png
1MB, 1280x786px
>>28010424
hi
>>
>>28010472
>21'04" / 6.5 m
>World Serpent

Nah, not even close. Although it would've been cool if the Mega was a world serpent instead of Giga Shrimp.
>>
>>28010424
>What is Zygarde
>>
>>28010582
Came here to post this.

Of course, people are probably going to answer with "literally my mom's dog" and "literally my mom's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"
>>
>>28010582
>16'05" / 5.0 m

If Zygarde is supposed to be a world serpent, they fucked up majorly.
>>
>>28010625
Dammit anon.
Do you want a 5 km height Pokemon now?
>>
File: IMG_20160822_232116.jpg (50KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160822_232116.jpg
50KB, 540x395px
>>28010424
>2016
>Still no Cthulhu Pokémon
>>
File: Nintendunno.jpg (25KB, 960x591px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendunno.jpg
25KB, 960x591px
>>28010642
World serpents are often way larger than that, but I'd settle for over 100 meters long, knowing it goes into a Pokéball, if it really has to be held back.
>>
>>28010709
They will never make pokémon that big, world serpent or otherwise.

You're in the wrong franchise if you want gargantuan monsters.
>>
>>28010774
100 meters for a legendary Pokemon doesn't seem too unreasonable. Like I said, I don't expect it to be kilometers long, even if I'd like it.
>>
>>28010642
Yes. Anything short of Shah Dalamadur will not suffice
>>
>>28010798
When the largest pokémon to date is 14.5m, and the giant (sometimes legendary) serpents we already have usually are between 5 to 11m it certainly is.
>>
>>28010918
The world's largest Pokemon isn't even a legendary, so one of the Legendaries being the new world's largest Pokemon by far would just make sense.
>>
File: Magnathorax.jpg (298KB, 800x1200px)
Magnathorax.jpg
298KB, 800x1200px
>>28010424
>>
>>28010939
it makes no sense
you're suggesting monsters nearly 10 times the size of our current largest one
how would you even make something like that fit on the screen together with other pokémon in a game?
how would you make something like that getting defeated not break all suspension of disbelief
how would you not make every other pokémon, even legendary not look puny on comparison

something of that size simply does not work in the pokémon universe
>>
>>28010582
A mistake and a manlet.
>>
>>28011140
>you're suggesting monsters nearly 10 times the size of our current largest one
Well yeah, world serpent. Kind of the point of them.

>how would you even make something like that fit on the screen together with other pokémon in a game?
Same way as Mega Rayquaza or Wailord, or otherwise simply it's head and to see it full size, you'd have to go to amie or the pokedex. Either way it'd work.

>how would you make something like that getting defeated not break all suspension of disbelief
Really, this breaks suspension of disbelief but a mouse shooting lightning or the god of all Pokemon not being the strongest OR a cell turning into a dog turning into a snake turning into god damn Gurren Lagann doesn't?

>how would you not make every other pokémon, even legendary not look puny on comparison
By having them kick the shit out of it? It's 100 meters long. The bigger target, the more there is to hit. Not to mention size isn't everything. I don't think Big Snek would make Arceus, Dialga, Rayquaza or Tyrannitar look any less puny. Besides, wanna see something that makes Pokemon look puny? Look up their heights in the pokedex and realize half of them are manlets. so it's too late for that.
>>
>>28011228
>Same way as Mega Rayquaza or Wailord, or otherwise simply it's head and to see it full size, you'd have to go to amie or the pokedex. Either way it'd work.
again, rayquaza and wailord are about 1/10th of this thing. only seeing the head of the monster actually doesn't sound dumb to you? imagine that in the wifi-battle arena
>Really, this breaks suspension of disbelief but a mouse shooting lightning or the god of all Pokemon not being the strongest OR a cell turning into a dog turning into a snake turning into god damn Gurren Lagann doesn't?
slightly different
a thunderbolt would maybe hit this things eye, and then it would somehow faint, admittedly this isn't the biggest problem
>By having them kick the shit out of it? It's 100 meters long. The bigger target, the more there is to hit. Not to mention size isn't everything. I don't think Big Snek would make Arceus, Dialga, Rayquaza or Tyrannitar look any less puny.
Putting these on line would definitely make them look more puny
>Besides, wanna see something that makes Pokemon look puny? Look up their heights in the pokedex and realize half of them are manlets. so it's too late for that.
exactly, they are supposed to be big pokémon, and then having something of this size makes everything else look like a manlet

monsters like this only make sense when they're wild, not when they can be caught be people
I can't think of a single battlefield were you would be able to use this without it destroying everything, while stuff like rayquaza and wailord need much less space
how would you even command it? it would barely be abe to hear your orders if you're staying is a safe distance from it

the same reason this wouldn't work is the same reason having planet-big monsters doesn't work, they're simply too big compared to everything else
>>
>>28011402
>only seeing the head of the monster actually doesn't sound dumb to you? imagine that in the wifi-battle arena
Not particularly. If anything, it'd make it more menacing.

>how would you even command it? it would barely be abe to hear your orders if you're staying is a safe distance from it
Dude, you say this like we haven't already been able to command god himself, the god of time, the god of space, basically Pokesatan. If we can command the creator of existence itself, how is a big snek even a problem?

It's fiction. And that size already happened in the anime, I believe, for older Pokemon.
>>
>>28011454
>Not particularly. If anything, it'd make it more menacing.
by making everything else on the field look like a joke
>Dude, you say this like we haven't already been able to command god himself, the god of time, the god of space, basically Pokesatan. If we can command the creator of existence itself, how is a big snek even a problem?
the thing isn't the true powerlevel of the creature, but how powerful it actually looks, and this would make everything else look puny in comparison, even if they are actually stronger
>>
>>28011557
>the thing isn't the true powerlevel of the creature, but how powerful it actually looks, and this would make everything else look puny in comparison, even if they are actually stronger
Yes, again, that's kind of the point of world serpents. They're these godly creatures that would shake the earth when awoken. The gods feared them, yet were able to beat some. And while looking puny at first, the Pokemon that defeats it would look WAY stronger taking down something of that size.
World Serpents aren't supposed to be equals, they're supposed to make others feel puny, but be able to be beaten by those with enough power.
>>
>>28011604
the thing is, that's already the trope things like groudon and rayquaza are supposed to fit

they aren't supposed to be huge power stored in a small body, those are supposed to be the giants that smaller things with great power can overcome

the trainer would be the "god" that would looks way stronger by defeating something of that size, but other big monsters like groudon and rayquaza would just be one-upped
>>
>>28011685
Which they are. In the anime. In the games, they're actually relatively small, which is just disappointing.
>>
>>28011894
disappointing because you compare them to monsters from other franchises, but they are the largest things in the pokémon universe

if you made that serpent you would actually have a reason to be disappointed with rayquaza and groudon in-universe
>>
File: Malamar2.jpg (149KB, 989x610px) Image search: [Google]
Malamar2.jpg
149KB, 989x610px
>>28010678
Malamar is the closet to Cthullu
>>
>>28010424

It'll happen in one of the future generations of Pokémon.
>>
File: image.png (266KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266KB, 1334x750px
>>28011604
Nigga, you best be straight foolin' right now, cause this has gone on far too long for any sane man to still think this is in any way feasible.

Do you fully comprehend how big "only 100 metres" is? Think about the fact that Hoopa-U is 16'05" and you have to pet its dick in Amie. Think about how no living being has EVER been nor could ever be that big. Where, feasibly, could any of its body fit? I'd assume it's at least a couple metres across in terms of body width so it doesn't look like a ducking spaghetti noodle, and its head would have to be at least 4 metres (aka, 13 fucking feet) long. That can't be put anywhere, except like, the surface of the open ocean or in outer-fucking-space.

And before you try the whole "hurr, muh magic animals and God llama," again realize they are still bound by their physicalities. Even though Palkia rules over space, it still takes up physical space by existing. Arceus can't be put into a 2x2x2 box because it just doesn't fucking fit, regardless of how powerful it is.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.