[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mimikyu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: Raichu.png (241KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Raichu.png
241KB, 500x500px
What's really under that sheet? Will we ever officially know?
>>
>>28008571
It's definitely not Jews
>>
File: 639406092.png (578KB, 1167x1341px) Image search: [Google]
639406092.png
578KB, 1167x1341px
>>28008571
>>
>>28008571
No.
>>
File: 1408900881943s.jpg (2KB, 82x125px) Image search: [Google]
1408900881943s.jpg
2KB, 82x125px
Why can't we assume the sheet is part of its body and there's just a black blob inside?
No one cared what was inside Tangela/Tangrowth.

YES I KNOW IT'S A THUMBNAIL. THAT'S ALL THE ARCHIVE HAD.
>>
What does gabumon fucking look like fuck off
>>
File: GUNRnW0.jpg (23KB, 315x480px) Image search: [Google]
GUNRnW0.jpg
23KB, 315x480px
>>28008730
You realise that you can just Google image search the image and you will find a better resolution.
>>
It's another sheet
>>
Lilfella.
>>
File: scooby.png (127KB, 374x800px) Image search: [Google]
scooby.png
127KB, 374x800px
>>28008571
>>
File: 250px-050Diglett.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-050Diglett.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>28008571
>What's really under the ground? Will we ever officially know?
This is what you just asked.
>>
File: 1128.png (666KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1128.png
666KB, 1024x576px
>>28009387
>What's really under the ground?
Brock.
>>
>>28008571
>what's under the sheet
Organs, blood vessels, flesh, et.c.
The sheet is part of its physical anatomy.
>>
>>28009453
What biological reason would Mimikyu have for having a sheet as part of its body that looks like Pikachu.

Even if you argue it wanting to look like Pikachu is just folklore it wouldn't just have a Pikachu sheet like that for no reason.
>>
>>28009453
It's dex entry literally says it wears the sheet you stupid faggot.
>>
>>28009343
Underrated post
>>
>>28009494
Do you know much about biology and genetics and evolution and stuff? I'm more well versed in memetics so my knowledge is limited.
There's the whole adapting thing. There are animals who have evolved to make themselves cuter and stuff. That's essentially what the dex says anyway/re-applying in game folklore. It's a design anyway, it's only ever meant to be read so far.

>>28009507
>The Pokedex, complied by ten year old researchers and made up of folklore and assumptions, said something I have misread and assumed as a literal fact
Do you think Magcargo is hotter than the sun too? I think you're entirely missing the point of Pokedex entries as well as the entire franchise there, m8.
>>
>>28009530
And for all we know Pokemon don't have fucking normal biology. Some are ghosts or are made of metal for fucks sake. We don't know if they have blood vessels or organs, and even if some do that could vary from species to species.

Shit dude for all we know they are hollow and filled with fucking magical pixie dust. They could have fucking cream filling like a god damn twinkie and we literally would not know.
>>
>>28009600
Your autism is scary, anon, please stop trying to argue so desperately.
Pokemon are monsters that are designed sourcing [often a combination of] organisms and culture from the real world. The point of every design is to act as an analogue for the ideas they are made up of and to represent that in the game - with the game being a wondrous, hyperbole version of the real world.

It's a Pokemon designed to resemble a sheet-ghost outfit and loosely playing off of the idea that some creatures evolve to look more attractive - I don't it's notable in dogs.
It's one of the more culturally based ones, though, and it's got emo-kid-cosplayer written all over it. It's a far reaching design. The monster itself includes the sheet, though. In-game it is a monster that includes the sheet. That's why I made a joke about organs, anon. It was a quick way of writing this entire post for anyone who can decipher an idea from a sentence.
>>
>>28009530
>if some are hyperbole, then they all are
>>
>>28009530
>The Pokedex, complied by ten year old researchers and made up of folklore and assumptions, said something I have misread and assumed as a literal fact
careful mate you'll summon richard
>>
>>28008730
>No one cared what was inside Tangela/Tangrowth.
Speak for yourself
>>
>>28009530
the pokedex is a high-tech encyclopedia that automatically records data on pokemon
>>
File: no jew allowed.png (252KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
no jew allowed.png
252KB, 500x500px
>>28008571
>>
>>28009928
lore on pokemon*
>>
>>28009343
kek
>>
>>28009727
>I can't read

>>28009781
Whatever, I've got plenty of practice rolling out the facts and laughing off these autistic retards that don't understand the concept behind a children's game that spells its own concept out in the dialogue in the game itself in every entry in the series over a period of 20 years. If anything, I'll put on a show.
>>
>>28009928
How... How are you such an idiot.
If the Pokedex magically recorded data itself, why would they be distributed to children?
The Pokedex does readings, yeah. There's all sorts of stuff like footprints and location information that it might be programmed to input itself... But it can't collect folklore from the npcs who literally tell you folklore. The kids are asked to record data, autismo.

The Pokedex's role, to the player, is also to help spell out the concept behind each Pokemon. That's the actual main function of the dex.
>>
>>28010559
>If the Pokedex magically recorded data itself, why would they be distributed to children?
Why would they be distributed to children if the children would be the ones writing the entries? If the data recorder was the human using the pokedex, wouldn't the scientists want other scientists, or at least adults, to be the ones doing the data recording?
>>
>>28010823
Scientists are busy analysing the data and researching, like they visibly are in every game. The children go out and write up what they see. That's why half of the 'dex entries are ridiculous; they're the writings of excited children.

The Pokedex does a couple of things for the player; it shows you where Pokemon are, gives you their types et.c. But it's main feature, as regards the player, is hinting what they're designed to be... You know, because communicating the world through monster designs is the main part of the series. It's the part you chat about with your friends and the part to helps you learn about the world.
That's also why most dex entries explain a Pokemon through what it's based on in the real world. It's really obvious, mate. It's supposed to be obvious. You're supposed to just figure that out right away.
That's one of the reasons why early route monsters are basic and late game ones are "higher-concept". It's game design. You figure out that one is a rat, one is a pigeon and it sets you up to understand that they're based on things. Further down the line they get more complicated and the pokedex tries to assist you with 'getting' what they are.
Then, when you're out trading with your friends, there's a chance one of them will understand one that you don't. It's social, it's educational, it's representative of the real world.
Catching a Xatu in the game is like coming across a picture of an Aztec thingamajig in person, but it's localised and portrayed as a monster which helps children around the world get more cultured.
Japan specifically was isolated for a long time - they didn't even know they had a tourist industry until about 12 years ago. Due to them being the only country that speaks Japanese and what not, there was a lack of foreign culture available for kids to find out about. Pokemon acts as a sort of an exaggerated encyclopedia for kids to learn about the world.
>>
>>28008730
Nobody cared who he was until he put on the vines.
>>
File: 10.000 hours MSpaint.png (47KB, 211x314px) Image search: [Google]
10.000 hours MSpaint.png
47KB, 211x314px
>>28008571
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.