[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular Opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 5

File: 1462888824881.png (472KB, 595x516px) Image search: [Google]
1462888824881.png
472KB, 595x516px
I dont like any of the new pokemon they look very bland to me

Only being able to catch unova mons was a good feature in BW,

Old safari > ORAS safari , even with the retarded RNG mechanics

Short routes > your generic cave and forest #231

HGSS are bad games with tons of flaws only praised by nostalgia fags
>>
>>28001717
(You)
>>
>>28001717
I can agree with this. It's pretty rare personally to find someone who finds flaws in ORAS and complements BW

But doesn't like HGSS. Anything in particular?
>>
There's nothing inherently wrong with Exp. Share until they make it mandatory to use.
>>
>>28001717
ORAS was fine for what it was, could have been a lot better and still, but it's clear they were rushed. It's ALOT better than X and Y.

Mediocre games overall. Emerald is best hoenn though
>>
>>28001831
>Second paragraph
This is an unpopular opinion thread.
>>
>>28001874
Key part mediocre games. No shit Emerald is loved
>>
gen 2 sucked
>>
>>28001897

I'll add to this, if Gen 2 didn't bring the improvements it did to Gen 1, then it would've been seen as badly as pre-Platinum Gen 4 was.
>>
The only reason HGSS is so loved is because the original games set the bar so fucking low, that the only way was up
>>
Gen III is totally overrated.
>RSE are just ok, not great
>FRLG are a huge wasted opportunity
also, BF is only praised by people with nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>28001717
>Wanting barely controllable rng over controllable rng for the safari zone. Even admitting the previous iterations were retarded.
Explain yourself.
>>
Samurott is my favorite final stage water starter, and one of my favorite water types overall.
>>
>>28002097
My nigger.
Same here. Love me some samurai.
>>
HGSS Goldenrod City music>>>GSC Goldenrod City music

The only regions that feel big are Hoenn and Sinnoh. All the others feel pretty comparable in size besides Kanto as the obvious smallest.

ORAS were neh, not shit. But some parts were shit.

Iris is a great Champion.

I don't hate any final evo starters besides the Gen 7 Luchakitten

>>28002005
That doesn't make sense, HGSS is compared to every game in the series, not just GSC. It should have a harder time competing with the modern series to be seen as the best, not an easier time.
>>
>>28002073
Shit is better than nothing sometimes anon

See voltorb flip
>>
I think Gen 1's Pokemon are way too overrated, even the ones that everyone like (Charizard, Blastoise, etc.).

Many of my favorite Pokemon are ones that have a lot of details. Having a lot of things going for a Pokemon's design doesn't automatically make it bad anymore than having very few details makes it bad.

Gen 5 had some of the best Pokemon in the series.

RSE are my favorite games in the series overall, and ORAS made them even better.
>>
>>28002208
I love Voltorb Flip. Played it today for fun actually
>>
>>28001717
Hoenn battle Frontier is overrated

Not to say it's bad, it's still great, but palace/arena/tower are pretty lame. Also it's frustrating with BP steep climb and lack of good Pokemon and moves and items it very annoying to make progress. Also way to much fucking RNG.

I still miss it though
>>
>>28002208
What? How does that explain OP's reasoning for preferring over old safari over ORAS safari?
>>
Following Pokemon was fucking stupid. If we are ever unfortunate enough to have that shitty feature return, it needs to be optional.

Nicknaming pokemon is fucking stupid. >calling your dog "dog"
No, that isn't the case. In games you are really the only trainer that would nickname a pokemon save for the few retards that trade you a mon for dex purposes. It's too special snowflake as it is.

Team Plasma and N are pathetic. BW2 redeemed Plasma but N is, was, and always will be stupid.

Gen 1 and its pokemon werent better. Take the rose colored glasses off.

Gen 1 wasn't harder. You were a kid and the franchise was completely new.

Ash losing the Kalos league totally makes sense. Save for the Orange Islands, Ash never wins. It shouldn't have triggered the nips and this board as hard as it did.
>>
I don't care if it fucks with the level scaling, the fact that you could tackle the gyms after Misty in gen 1 in any order you wanted before Blaine was the best idea for gyms they ever had.
>>
All gen 3 mons are very bland and have no charisma

gen 4 was best gen outside of obvious gen 1 and 2

gen 5 is worst gen
>>
I see no problem with exp. share all as long as they tone it down a bit so you can be just barely on the Gym's level as long as you fight all the trainers in the routes, instead of like 5 or more levels above like it is in ORAS

grinding is shitty
>>
>>28002362
Assuming this is not bait how exactly is Following Pokemon shitty, and how exactly does it matter that you're only one of the few trainers in a game who can nickname their Pokemon?
>>
>>28002463
>Anyone who dislikes what I like is baiting
>In an unpopular opinion thread.

Fuck off.

It's the same thing as nicknames. It makes the player a special snowflake. It's stupid. It doesn't matter that the player becomes the champion. It's Ashime bullshit brought into the games.
>>
>>28002362

I actually surprised that everyone else was surprised that he lost. In the Sinnoh league, they just wrote in an overpowered character from out of nowhere specifically for Ash to lose to them.

Bad writing from that example aside, what the hell did people expect at this point?
>>
>>28002347
They turned it into a route without trainers with no limit to find items. There's no more variation of game play here, like what you would get at the game corner
>>
>>28002522
This is like if Ash's infernape lost to Paul. People were expecting team flare to fuck up the competition and have ash technically win but not officially. That's all I wanted
>>
>>28002590
Nothing in the franchise caters to you so it doesn't matter, at all, what you wanted.

Get over it.
Get over yourself.
>>
>>28002526
The mechanic was still shitty though and pretty much threw out the already good catching rate system with uncontrollable af rng with rock throwing and baiting.

>>28002509
How exactly is following Pokemon stupid?
>>
>>28002590
Sinnoh for me is more offending, they literally pulled a Darkrai out of their ass to make Ash lose, at least the Mega Charizard X was heavily foreshadowed as OP throughout the anime
>>
>>28002657
Reread the post, moron. It's spelled out there.
>>
>>28002666
I think ash still went down in style being the only person to dent Tobias with his B team. Also he beat his main Rival
>>
>>28002687
I still don't see why "making the player a special snowflake" bothers you so much.
>>
>>28002657
Hey anon I liked it, you aren't speaking for everyone. It's a nice break from normal gameplay
>>
>>28002626
>the franchise doesn't cater to it's fans
>>
>>28002713
Personal preference.

Someone not liking something you like doesnt mean that person is wrong. Most 5 year olds udnerstand that. What's your excuse.
>>
>>28002509
>special snowflake anon
I can't wait until you get to the point where you say walking Pokemon makes you a Mary Sue
>>
>>28002509
>It makes the player a special snowflake
so, do you also hate the whole legendary plot we got starting gen III?
>>
>>28002770
That is an objectively wrong label to put on it.

Special Snowflake fits. Mary Sue does not.
Mary Sue would be like if Mega Evolution was available to the protagonist and ONLY the protagonist. Overpowered to the point of game/universe breaking. Learn your tropes.

Being one of less than half a dozen trainers to have a following pokemon is absolutely special snowflake.
>>
>>28002748
Well people have their reasons for their own opinions, otherwise it's just made up nonsense that they didn't put too much thought into. And so far this person is saying they don't like Following Pokemon, because "It makes them feel like a special snowflake. And that it's the anime being brought into the game." But I don't see why the fuck that matters and how the fuck Following Pokemon brings into elements from the anime into the game.
>>
>>28002666

Here's the difference, he BEAT Darkrai
>>
File: 1282015722660.png (73KB, 425x480px) Image search: [Google]
1282015722660.png
73KB, 425x480px
Gen 1 has the best pacing

90% of Gen 5 designs are terrible

Team Flare and Lyssandre is actually pretty deep considering it's Pokémon

Gen 3 was the best gen and also had the best music

ORAS was fine.

Legendaries or semis were a mistake in competetive

Bruxish is the worst design I've ever seen in my entire life.

I wish Pokémon was more like Megaten games.
>>
>>28002829
Everyone can nickname their Pokemon. Do you think you know what their nickname is?
>>
I am completely baffled as to why everyone is blowing their loads over Team Skull.

Also not a huge fan of Alola forms and hope there are new Megas.
>>
>>28002877
What is the nickname of the Bug Catcher's caterpie in Viridian Forest?

Oh right. We're talking about NPC, not players. Try and keep up here.
>>
>>28001717
>Only being able to catch unova mons was a good feature in BW
I totally agree with you on that, allows you to find some new pokemon that you like, and with B2W2 you can use your new bros with your old ones, that's be nice to see come back like this.
>>
>>28002911
We don't know. Would you tell a fucking stranger your Pokemon's nickname?

That's why almost all in game trade Pokemon have nicknames. Ie DUX

Proof: in BW you can battle a girl a version exclusive. You can nickname it, but it won't show up when you battle
>>
>>28002957
Also, in contests, the musical, etc., every pokemon has a nickname.
>>
>>28003008
Nice catch
>>
>>28002957
>>28003008
good points
>>
>>28002957
"Go, [nickname]!"
In literally every battle.
>>

I agree with this 100%. It's probably the biggest reason why I loved that game.
I just wish distribution and Pokemon design was better.
>>
>>28003083
And...? Do you say come here dog?

If you see a stranger are you going to say it's name if you've never seen it before? No you're going to say that's a nice dog
>>
I want the "no gyms in Alola" thing to be true. I've been sick of gyms since gen 3.
I'd rather play "edgy" fanmade garbage than play as a shit-eating ten year old kid on an adventure.
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is better than XY/ORAS and anyone who thinks otherwise is a brand loyalist.
>>
>>28003134
Also agreed. The game as a whole was meh for me, but I loved having to actually explore the new Pokemon rather than just outfitting my team with a bunch of tried and true favourites
>>
I hate water routes. I hate cave routes. Everyone one of those routes can go to hell, except for Glittering Cave.
That was nice of X and Y to change that up a little, but then they just go back to the old system in Cave of Reflections. P

Please just give me darker areas where pokemon can pop out of or something. Not just me walking 2 steps then being hit by a pokemon.
>>
>>28002829
At least you arent Mary Sue anon then. That's all I was checking, carry on.
>>
>>28003447
Yeah. I hate encounters in my RPGs too.
>>
>Only being able to catch Unova mons was a good feature in BW

This isn't an unpopular opinion, just a retarded one. Guess what--you can only catch Johtomons, Hoennmons, Sinnohmons, Unovamons, and Kalosmons in their respective regions if you want to. The only difference is every game but BW gives you the option to play how you want.
>>
>>28003447
>not loving Chargestone Cave
>not loving Ice Path
>not loving Reflection Cave
>>
>>28003615
Yeah. That's the fucking point anon. It's suposed to be something different
>>
>>28002829
Why wouldn't you be a special snowflake? You're the player, you fucking idiot. You are already a special snowflake because you're the only character in the world who is REAL.
>>
>>28003661
Being different isn't being good. If I shot myself in the head tomorrow morning for breakfast instead of eating my regular Cheerios, it'd be a change of pace, but that wouldn't make it good.

You're literally saying, "I like less choice because it's different than having more choice!"
>>
>>28002427
>All gen 3 mons are very bland and have no charisma
>Hating on sceptile
>hating on aggron
>hating on flygon
>hating on metagross
>hating on mah nigga Swampert
>hating on based FUG
Nigga I wil cut you.
>>
>>28003716
I don't know. People really are seeming to love how SM is changing up the formula. The series has been going on for 20+ years now, different has been good to like most Nintendo products.

Also that's the shittiest analogy I've ever read. Maybe I'll buy a new cereal at the store and I'll find a new favorite
>>
>>28003716
>I like less choice because it's different than having more choice!
Gamefreak sucks at making interesting encounters. Having BW mons only was a reprieve from that. You only dislike it because you couldn't catch your favorite Pokemon in the wild for once.
>>
>>28003763
Okay, but are people happy because Sun and Moon is different, or because the differences are good changes?

I could laud and defend all of the changes in Gen 7 without resorting to, "It's different, and different is good!"

How does my analogy not work? It's different. I eat Cheerios everyday. I want something different!
>>
>>28003716
>If I shot myself in the head tomorrow morning
wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>28003771
>implying

I always build a team solely from that region's new mons. I still think removing choice from the player is fucking retarded.
>>
>>28003795
>I want something different for breakfast
>lets kill myself

It's more like getting a new cereal from the same brand name

Also what's to say, BW's changes weren't good, it's pretty subjective
>>
>>28003722
only flygon is the good one of that list
>>
Digimon utterly outclasses Pokemon as a television series
>>
>>28002279
I agree. How much or how little detail a Pokemon has isn't what makes its design bad, what makes its design bad is relative and purely opinion
>>
>>28003858
>unpopular

That's pretty much a fact, anon.
>>
>>28003843
You have made an enemy for life son.
>>
>>28004136
k.
>>
Fanmade Pokemon and Pokemon games are hardly appealing to me. A lot of fakemon feel more like Neopets.

I care more about how the series' changes with technology and fans are more content with expanding on old gen's interfaces and difficulty.
>>
Johto fucking sucks.
>>
XY were the greatest Pokemon games to date.
>>
>>28004375
>Fanmade Pokemon and Pokemon games are hardly appealing to me. A lot of fakemon feel more like Neopets.
I agree with this.

Not a lot of fans want to stretch Pokemon to its limits for some reason. Every finished fangme I've seen tries to be as similar to an official game as possible, and I think that hinders greatly on their creativity.
>>
None of gen 7 is appealing to you?

At all?

Not even 1?
Fuck man
>>
I wouldn't complain if they completely removed caves. I hate going through them.
>>
>>28004386

I'm a johtofag whose favorite Pokemon majority are from johto and/or get evo's in Sinnoh

They were my first serious and favorites games especially heart gold and soul silver

But it's only because I knowingly and willfully put up with it

Johto is, by definition, fucking trash as a region and has the more horrific variety of pokemon
>>
File: zat_milk.png (35KB, 286x254px) Image search: [Google]
zat_milk.png
35KB, 286x254px
>>28004441
>Being too much of a puss to reply directly to a post
>Probably a hair-trigger anon that lacks reading comprehension and puts words in other posters mouths.
>>
>>28002097
Ayy he's my favorite too
>>
>>28004475
Finally someone accepts it. The music is great though.
>>
>>28001757
>It's pretty rare personally to find someone who finds flaws in ORAS and complements BW
Is this your first day on /vp/ or something?
>>
>>28001717

HGSS is good, just everyone here thought it was god's secret seventh day project for so long everyone's realizing it's not fantastic. So now they're calling it shit.
>>
>>28001717
HGSS are garbage.
>>
>>28001717
I hate Cynthia's design. Most of it makes her look is bland, just some lady in a dress, and then they give her Lucario head ornaments that makes her seem like a sad furry.
>>
Weird Pokemon are awesome.

So, I was talking to my Pogofag friend who never actually played a real game in his life, right? And I start talking about how I can't wait until they add more Gens of Pokemon, and I show him some of the usual suspects (Vanilluxe, Garbodor, Klefki, etc.) just to trigger his genwunner faggotry and drink his tears. To my surprise, he replied with. "That's awesome! I was never much into it before, so they all look weird to me."... I began to wonder. I was that dude in gen 1 who picked Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur is, undoubtedly, the least popular Kanto starter. But old #1 himself, I think was hiding the secret to Pokemon itself. Notice we never hear this crap coming from Japan, right? "A sword Pokemon? They're really running out of ideas!" Is something only we say. "OMG, a sandcastle? Really?" Bulbasaur's Jap name translates to something like "strange isn't it?" Right? So Japanese players know not to be surprised when weird shit starts showing up. It's built in. Start of the Pokedex. But no, "I don't want a weird Pokemon! This one turns into a dragon!" How many Fakemon have you seen that are just generic fucking anime animals. Nothing strange. Pokemon=/= Elemental animals. It's more than that. It's full of Klinklang and Voltorb and Bruxish. I'm not condemning the cool Pokemon or the cute Pokemon or the tough Pokemon, because we need diversity, that's what makes this world great, and lived in, and if I wanted them all to be bizarro monster shits I could play Yokai, but FUCK am I tired of assholes taking one look at a Pokemon and shitting on it without even so much as reading it's Dex/lore/backstory, which is essentially the other half of the "design" they will claim to hate. So stand up, my friends. Stand up for the chandeliers and the teddy bears. Stand up for the trash bags and the ice cream cones. Stand up for the magnets and cherries. Stand up for the plainly designed, and the intricate. Stand up for what makes Pokemon great.
>>
I actually think the Garbodor and Trubbish were bound to happen, and I actually was impressed with the idea of a trash bag mon. Because no one would of guessed a trash bag would be a Pokemon.

I actually like humanoid mons.

God mons (Arceus, Palkia, Giratina, etc.) came too early in the series imo.

I find Hoenn to be the most boring region. Too much reliance on Surf & has the most boring selection of mons to date.

I will never have a want to complete the Pokedex.

I actually like the Gen 5 starters & Gen 5 has some of the best designs imo.
>>
>>28004480

Not him but if they don't directly reply to somebody they automatically mean OP
>>
>>28004716
this
>>
I just beat OR & I want to play some more pokemon before S/M come out. The only other game I have right now is Platinum & I know that it's good and all but I'm having a real bitch of a time getting into it. I'm at Eterna right now & I'm bored as heck.
>>
Gen 1 speed stat effecting critical hit rate was a good idea just simply overpowered. They should bring it back. Also no I don't give a shit about competitive battles and "muh RNG". It is a casual first and someone autistic fun at the cost of kids entertainment second.
>>
>>28001717
ORAS are my favorite remakes and the best Hoenn games

The Battle Frontier is hugely overrated. It stops being fun real quick.

HGSS were mediocre remakes that brought with it 4th Gen's problems like its slow speed, awful overworld aesthetics and fucking Rock Climb. It tried to make some items more accessible but locked them behind some dumb minigames.

I don't like a single remakes music. Both ORAS and HGSS try too hard to sound like some over-dramatic orchestra version of the original. My least favorite has to be HGSS Route 29.

Gen 4 was the worst gen and Platinum does not save it at all.

Platinum was slightly better than Diamond and Pearl but still a pretty bad game.
>>
>>28004480
I'm pretty sure he meant the OP
>>
There is not a single pokemon that I legitimately hate and there are very few that I would say have bad designs.

Generation 7 is looking to be the new generaion 5 in that it's going to have the most radical changes from the standard pokemon formula.

Actual competitive play gets rid of everything that makes pokemon fun.

Normal is my favorite type.

Not sure how unpopular these are but whatever
>>
>>28004375
Why is old Ne Zha a thing in this?
>>
>>28004742
Gen 5 have amazing final evos, but it's my least favorite reigon and least fav gym leaders. And I have never, nor had the desire to finish the Dex.
>>
>>28005243
This is unpopular opinions thread but you still aren't allowed to break the rules.
>>
File: 1454475192343.png (14KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1454475192343.png
14KB, 557x605px
>>28001717
Holy shit, anon. I think we can be good friends.
>>
>>28004902
>Platinum is slightly better than Diamond and Pearl but is still a pretty bad game

Fucking this, I don't get the praise heaped onto Platinum. I couldn't bring myself to get past the third gym and diamond, and I dropped Platinum at victory road, to date they're the only games in the series I haven't completed
>>
>>28005151
>Normal is my favorite type

There's a ton of great Normal types, stat and design wise, but I always feel like I'd be better suited by using a Pokemon if another type, even if Normal types can learn a ton of moves
>>
I don't like the design of the Froakie line. I liked Chespin and Quilladin better but not Chesnaught as much.
>>
I got bored of HGSS before reaching the 8th Gym, I don't know why I couldn't get into it despite Gen 2 is my favorite

I enjoyed playing DP more than Platinum, probably because I played DP in my first year of highschool, and those were really good times for me

Somehow I like RS more than Emerald and much more than ORAS
>>
>>28003008
Good looking out anon
>>
>>28001717
Fucking this, every game should do this and have a lot of new pokemon too (gen 6 was terrible in this regard)

GO AWAY KANTO MONS I'M SICK OF SEEING YOU
>>
Gen 4 is the best thing to ever happen to Pokemon
>>
The Kalos Dex is way too big, and feels over saturated. BW did a good job only having Unova mons before the e4 and I think BW2 achieved a relatively good balance of old to new mons

Grass is my favorite type and needs a serious buff

PWT > Frontier

The sign for route names in Kalos that pops up in the corner of the screen looks shitty and they should've made it look minimalistic
>>
>>28001981
so if gen 2 didn't exist because improvements was really all that game was
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.