[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackurai and Hacksuda talks about Pokemon and Smash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11

File: gooks.jpg (82KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
gooks.jpg
82KB, 640x400px
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/08/21/pokemon-and-smash-masuda-x-sakurai/

>Sakurai: "I thought it’d be good if we could release Smash in North America and Europe at the same time, but it turned out to be very difficult because of the voices for individual Pokémon."
Masuda: "The voices for Pokémon?"
>Sakurai: "That’s right. Unlike the mainline games, Smash uses the voices from the anime, and in Europe the same Pokémon will have a different voice actor in each country."
Horii: "Is that so?"
>Sakurai: "Since there were so many, I couldn’t fit them all in…"
Masuda: "And you needed to have all the voice actors record their lines…"
>Sakurai: "So I had to wait for all the recordings to come back…"
Masuda: "That’s pretty difficult. But Pikachu, at least, shares the same voice actor across the world."
>Sakurai: "Even in all versions of the anime, it’s Ikue Ōtani, right?"
Masuda: "That’s right. Pikachu is the only Pokémon that’s like that. We did that so the name “Pikachu” would be universal in every region of the world."
>>
File: Colgate.png (169KB, 333x429px) Image search: [Google]
Colgate.png
169KB, 333x429px
Masuda: "While discussing how I approached the design of Pokémon [in Pokémon Scramble], I started with the thought of designing them like wind up toys. I made a similar remark during development. I was very fond of the idea."
>Sakurai: "Having gameplay centered around gaining stronger and stronger toys is different from the core series. In addition there’s the Mystery Dungeon series where Pokémon can talk in the game…. Ah, speaking of talking Pokémon, there’s Detective Pikachu. I was very surprised about that."
Masuda: "It was surprising. I decided myself that if Pikachu were to become a detective, he’d speak with an old man voice [laughs]."
>Sakurai: "I thought to myself, “Is this really allowed…” Because while I was working on Smash, there were very stringent restrictions on how I could design Pokémon."

Everyone: [laughs] Masuda: "I think that’s a natural reaction to seeing Detective Pikachu [laughs]. We had a lot of restrictions in place for Pikachu. For a long time."
>Sakurai: "According to the character license, Pikachu couldn’t speak and he couldn’t wear any clothing."
Masuda: "That’s right. I felt that Pikachu as a character become very established and entrenched over the course of these 20 years. So I thought that it was okay to loosen up on some of those restrictions. For example, Pikachu can wear clothes now because Pikachu is so recognizable, and it’s obvious that it’s Pikachu even with clothing on."
>Sakurai: "I see. So what you’re saying is that even though Pikachu is wearing clothes, most people will understand that’s not his true form, so to speak. It’s just a temporary phase."
Masuda: "That’s right. And that’s the same reason why Detective Pikachu wears a hat. So now, even if Pikachu says (in an old man voice) “Hey! Sakurai!”…"
>>
File: wolf 3.png (234KB, 508x470px) Image search: [Google]
wolf 3.png
234KB, 508x470px
where's wolf damn it? he was the best space animal.
>>
File: ...(grins).png (22KB, 149x209px) Image search: [Google]
...(grins).png
22KB, 149x209px
Everyone: [laughs]
Masuda: "I think people will think, “Man, Pikachu sure has changed.”
Horii: "It feels like there’s a different person inside of the Pikachu, though [laughs]."
>Sakurai: "But, if you think about it, there have been many individual Pikachus."
Masuda: That’s right. I think it’s good to see differences with Pikachu. Not all of the Pikachus need to make that cute roar.
>Sakurai: "Pikachu has become quite the interesting character."
Masuda: "It’s been 20 years since Pikachu was born, so I want to introduce a new style and broaden its image. However, I think keeping that balance is pretty difficult, because I need to weigh protecting the old image against staying on the offensive and creating new, fresh takes on the character."
>>
File: Niantic, I'm EAD.jpg (16KB, 192x363px) Image search: [Google]
Niantic, I'm EAD.jpg
16KB, 192x363px
>yfw DQXI NX confirmed
>>
File: Wulf.webm (264KB, 732x663px) Image search: [Google]
Wulf.webm
264KB, 732x663px
>>28001540
I'm still mad about it
>>
was looking at SG's twitter for more info and saw this
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/767306987759513601

this might trigger or excite genwunners in /vp/:
>New players are saying Red/Blue VC release is "difficult"/ "I can't beat it", "The monochrome graphics are interesting" and "it feels new".
>>
I really hope they stop being such assholes about how Pokemon are portrayed. Like how they don't have shinies as alternate color palettes for most of the Pokemon, even in Pokken.
>>
>>28001550
>>28001516
>>28001497
Thanks for posting this. I always enjoy reading Source Gaming articles.
>>
File: 1357461754781.jpg (46KB, 592x754px) Image search: [Google]
1357461754781.jpg
46KB, 592x754px
>>28001589
>>
>>28001540
>>28001697
Cuckurai got too tired and decided to call it a day after Bayo.

I can understand Snake, ICs, Squirtle and Ivysaur, but the lack of Wolf is inexcusable.
>>
File: SON OF A BITCH.png (391KB, 635x471px) Image search: [Google]
SON OF A BITCH.png
391KB, 635x471px
>>28003539
As a Wolf main (begrudgingly because of Brawl's gameplay) I felt slighted by his no-show for Sm4sh.

I mean yeah, Hackurai has to make some cuts, give people the boot, but the fact it was JUST Wolf still infuriates me.

And to top it off? He brought back Doc, Roy and Mewtwo.

Being a pichu main must be suffering. Thank god I'm not
>>
>>28001848
>too difficult
Pussies like these are the reason why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>28003626
Don't forget how they dropped the Ice Climbers because the 3DS had trouble with them.
>>
>>28003539
I still feel gypped that Melee got two vets back as DLC, but Brawl only got one. There was NO REASON Wolf shouldn't have been in SSB4, he was my main, and I am still pissed off.
>>
File: 1429823447699.jpg (64KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1429823447699.jpg
64KB, 599x599px
>>28001540
>>28001697
>>28003539
>>28003626
How is any of this /vp/ related, furfags?
>>
>>28003665
It relates to Smash, which has Pokemon in it. Fuck off.
>>
>>28001589

Who cares? Neo-nintendo is fucking shit. They have been since summer 2015.
>>
File: a48.jpg (68KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
a48.jpg
68KB, 400x428px
>>28003674
The way I see it, I see some gay boys hijacking this thread because of their barawolf not getting in smash.

I'm just here to change that.
>>
File: 1466983321697.gif (2MB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466983321697.gif
2MB, 319x240px
>>28003665
Because smash is a technically a side series for multiple nintendo series senpai.
>>
>>28003702
The hell man I don't care about bara or think wolf is buff or anything. I genuinely preferred playing as him since Fox and Falco's play styles don't mesh well with me.
>>
>>28003702
I'm not gay, cocksucker. Fox and Falco are both retarded. Wolf was the only unique spacie and the only fun Star Fox character. Lucasfags got him back, Wolf should have come back too, especially since he had a game on the horizon that could have used some cross-promotion. Considering that said game flopped, Star Fox may be over, and that may have been Wolf's last chance at a return. If Sakurai was aware of the demand for Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas, then goddammit, he was aware of the demand for Wolf, but instead probably spent most of the DLC budget getting Cloud's overrated ass in, and he expects us to believe that fucking Bayonetta got more votes, in any region of the world, than any pokemon ever.
>>
>>28003686
>since summer 2015

Nintendo's been lacking for a long time, you just flow with the meme opinions.
>>
>>28001497
>>28001516
>>28001550
This is very interesting, and sounds nightmarish to handle.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.