[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why is using one or more starters on your post-game team frowned upon? They get the most development time spent on their designs.
>>
The idea of holding any sort of sentimental value for your pokemon is hated on because numbers > feels.

Also because no matter your pick people will think it's a shit.
>>
It's just faggots that want to feel superior. Do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>27993586
Because they are stupid
>>
Autists on this website think gifted Pokemon are less valuable because of the "ease" of getting them.

As if walking into a Pokemon and hitting "Poke Ball" is more difficult
>>
>>27993586
They aren't, it's just that most starters aren't as good as alternative water/fire/grass mons.
>>
>>27993586
My guess is since everyone uses starters and they want to be special snowflakes. The only gen I find it reasonable to box your starter is gen 5, why would I waste a slot on those abominations.
>>
>>27994539
Gen VII is looking that way if the leaks are real.
>>
>>27993586
Starters make the game easier because they are well beyond the competition when you get them and have a guaranteed future. In addition, they are gifts and not "earned", and lots of players will have one on their team.

All signs point to elitism.
>>
>>27993586
I kinda see it as being easy, since they're generally pretty okay off the bat. But I liked the Gen VI's starters enough to get all three and used them plenty on the same team and didn't care what people thought. Might do the same in Sun/Moon, at least with Litten and Rowlet if no other grass/fire types really jump out at me.
>>
Starters can be seen as a crutch, if you use all of them the games are easier for you. Also people on here would get triggered by the notion you have the money to buy two of everything to trade starters over or that you actually have a friend or family member nice enough to reset their game a few times to get them for you.
>>
>>27993720
Superior feeling faggot here, can confirm.

Other than that, I just haven't really liked any starters in a long time. Just been boxing them as soon as I replace their type since RS.
>>
>>27994753
this desu

fuck the haters, though. if you wanna use all 3, by all means do so. i use all 3 in yellow version all the time, and it doesn't make it too easy.
>>
>>27994656
>Grass/flying
Sure
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.